• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

I've not had any problems with ftp this past ten days or so... cron jobs and additional feeds to both Froogle and Base have all uploaded successfully.

You might want to check your configuration... that error message seems to suggest the connection is opening, but failing at the login...

:)

Right you are. Got it.

There have been a couple requests to make the froogle feed take SEO url's into account.

I've added support for in Chemo's latest for support of Ultimate SEO URLs for anyone that is interested. It has been added to the contributions.

Chemo, Thanks for your contribution. It works great and has saved me lots of time. (Not to mention the code is easy to read and was easy to add to).

-Tim

Edited by Vger

Chemo, Thanks for your contribution. It works great and has saved me lots of time. (Not to mention the code is easy to read and was easy to add to).

Sorry, I ment Calvin (Chemo's contribution is good too.) This is a good sign I've been up too late :)

-Tim

@Maggilove, the google base id column is just 'id' instead of 'offer_id' so the line should read:

$output = "link \t title \t description \t price \t image_link \t category \t offer_id";

There are other columns available with google base that aren't available with froogle so I've added added a google base submission to the package as well.

-Tim

@Maggilove, the google base id column is just 'id' instead of 'offer_id' so the line should read:

$output = "link \t title \t description \t price \t image_link \t category \t id";

There are other columns available with google base that aren't available with froogle so I've added added a google base submission to the package as well.

-Tim

Froogle Data Feeder v1.62d

Released By: Calvin K

------------------------

Date: December 21, 2005

Description: Creates and automatically sends a data feed to Froogle, to provide product information and pictures. This Froogle Data Feeder, handles product duplicates, specials(if available), currency conversion, tax support, html descriptions, full category trees, and automatic upload. In addition, the Froogle Data Feeder supports advance feeds. With the advance feed option enabled and the "instock" field enabled, it will create a feed with all of the products. Without the advance feed option enabled, it will only submit in stock items.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3876

Stable Release. Readme Update Only.

Hi Calvin,

you had once a contrib called "Google feeder" and I cannot find it anymore in the contribs. I ask for it because it had releases in 2004 and I have a snap from January 2003. Probably your "Froogle feeder" does not run under this snap, does it?

Thanks for your answer.

Albert

Hi Calvin,

thanks for great contribution, so far everything seems to work as expected.

However I noticed that in my .txt file description of the product is in English, but the category name is in French (we use 4 different languages in our shop). Is there a possibility of making it multilingual? Or at least getting categories in English too?

Alex

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

Hi - just wanted to check if there's a fix for a minor problem:

On froogle.php when the text file is generated if gives this link:

File completed: froogle.txt

However - the link goes to the wrong file path:

http://www.mywebsite.com/var/www/html/feeds/froogle.txt

(the correct one is http://www.mywebsite.com/feeds/froogle.txt)

The code in froogle.php is:

$OutFile = "/var/www/html/feeds/froogle.txt"; // only setting which seems to work on my site

$destination_file = "froogle.txt";

Any ideas what I can change to get the link working with the correct file path? I realise it's not a big issue, but I just can't help feeling that's it quite easy to fix if only I knew how!

many thanks, Edith

PS: I'm using the latest version 1.62d without SEO support disabled

website links are generic examples as site is under development and not yet ready for public viewing

Edited by Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Are you talking about the linkURL on line 21?

I left mine as $linkURL = 'http://www.mydomain.com/feeds/';

This is not perfect but it takes me right to the page so I can download the txt files to my

Edited by pura vida

Are you talking about the linkURL on line 21?

mmm - I haven't got a linkURL (only $OutFile which I have to leave as specified in my earlier post or it won't work at all) but you've given me an idea.

I've amended line 304

from

echo "File completed: <a href=\"" . $OutFile . "\" target=\"_blank\">" . $destination_file . "</a><br>\n";

to

echo "File completed: <a href=\"" . $linkURL . "\" target=\"_blank\">" . $destination_file . "</a><br>\n";

And then I specified

$linkURL = "http://www.mysite.com/feeds/froogle.txt";

And now it's working! Not sure why I needed this fix and whether it's a good idea, so please be careful if trying out. I've just finished Chapter 2 of my Intro to PHP :D

thanks pura vida for putting me on the right track! edith

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

As I could find on Yahoo, product submit is a paid service.

Is that true?

And does anyone know if a site from the Netherlands is accepted?

Frequently Asked Questions

1. How does Froogle do what it does?

Froogle collects product information in two ways. First, it uses product information submitted electronically by merchants who choose to take advantage of this free service. If you're interested in having your product information appear on Froogle, you can submit your items to Froogle. Second, as Google's spidering software crawls the Internet, Froogle automatically identifies webpages that offer products for sale. These are the pages Froogle searches when you enter the name of an item you want to find.

New Problems with Froogle.

I have not seen this before but only the past 2 weeks I was getting failures.

1. The product must now have a price it cannot be "0",, so you might have to guess on the priceing just to get Google to index the product.

2. In the Admin if a product is deactivated it is still included in the xxxxxx.txt feed.

I like to add products when time permits even though I do not have final pricing from the distributor. If there is a way to exclude "0" priced products and to exclude inactive products.

The Froogle team has reported to me that even though there was a failure the "good" products were submited sucessfully. This can cause a problem for when you have a real error.

Jimmy

Edited by Vger

I'm not a coder just a splicer.

I like to add products when time permits even though I do not have final pricing from the distributor.

That method of working does not go with using an automated feed to Froogle. You would be better off, if you want to work this way, in using the manual Froogle feed.

Vger

I like to add products when time permits even though I do not have final pricing from the distributor. If there is a way to exclude "0" priced products and to exclude inactive products.

Mine is fairly heavily modified and it's been a while, but you should be able to take this and apply it to your file: -

In admin\froogle.php, around line 223, change: -

while( $row = mysql_fetch_object( $result ) )
{
if (isset($already_sent[$row->id])) continue; // if we've sent this one, skip the rest of the while loop

if( $row->prodStatus == 1 || ($optional_sec == 1 && $instock == 1) )
{

to

while( $row = mysql_fetch_object( $result ) )
{
if (isset($already_sent[$row->id])) continue; // if we've sent this one, skip the rest of the while loop

if ($row->price <= 0) continue; // only include priced products

if( $row->prodStatus == 1 || ($optional_sec == 1 && $instock == 1) )
{

This should skip products priced at 0. It works for me.

I uploaded to Google base and my products show up in froogle, but when I click on edit in google base and look at the specific details for one product, it shows 0 quantity available. Just wanted to see if everyone else is getting this as well. Also, is there an easy way to add my header tags to google base automatically since they have a field for this?

Thanks, Mike

The code in froogle.php is:

$OutFile = "/var/www/html/feeds/froogle.txt"; // only setting which seems to work on my site

$destination_file = "froogle.txt";

It looks like your apache path on your machine is not configured. Otherwise it must definatly look like that,

$OutFile = "../feeds/froogle.txt";

Apache will not work with "/var/www/html/..." only with "./your-domain.com/..." and so on.

Cu

rolf303

Any ideas what I can change to get the link working with the correct file path? I realise it's not a big issue, but I just can't help feeling that's it quite easy to fix if only I knew how!

many thanks, Edith

I have been looking for an answer on how to remove comma from the price in the feed.txt but I couldn't find any clear answer.

Could someone please let me know how can we remove the comma from the feed.txt. My prices are currently showing as 1,999.99. I received an email from Froogle that it should look like 1999.99 or $1999.99.

Thanks for any replies.

Regards,

Hi Calvin,

thanks for great contribution, so far everything seems to work as expected.

I noticed that in my .txt file description of products are in English, but the category names are in French (we use 4 different languages in our shop). Is there a possibility of making it multilingual? Or at least getting category names in English?

Also does anybody know how to limit the length of exported descriptions? We give free products with some of our items and Froogle doesn't like that it is included in our description. Therefore if we place it at the end and make the feed description short, it would work just fine.

Thanks a lot.

Alex

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

• 2 weeks later...

great contribution!

I encountered many problems before I have mine working....to the fact that I read the whole 1-72 pages to know wat went wrong then just now I recieved an email from froogle saying the content of my product feed has been approved.

thank you very much to calvin.

Birds with same feathers, are same birds.

mylane: your very welcome! sorry, i have been afk. i got my first real job! and they sent me off to training for quite a bit, then shuffled me off to work.

DEMAND Performance: Google suggests uploading no more than once a day, but no less than once every 30 days.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.