• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

PassionSeed: CHMOD 777 the directory where the feed is placed.

OSNewIsh: It should overwrite the file every time. Try using the latest version.

chantal7: Something is wrong with your database settings, double check them.

Based on popular demand:

The Official "Unoffical" Support for SEO URL's

Notes: The following release is meant to be an example/help to support your own SEO URL's contributions. This particular code is based on Chemo's SEO URL's. Please do not PM me asking to configure it, specifically for your store. Please use this forum topic for assistance.

Add:

$catalogURL = 'http://www.yourstore.com/catalog/'; //URL to your osC Catalog

After:

$source_file = $OutFile;

Replace:

$output .= $row->product_url . "\t" .

with

$string = ereg_replace("[^a-zA-Z0-9 ]", "", $row->name);
	$string = ereg_replace('  ', ' ', strtolower($string));
	$string = ereg_replace(' ', '-', strtolower($string));

$output .= $catalogURL . $string . "-p-" . $row->id . ".html\t" .

i added these fixes, but the url's still aren't producing correctly.

they're showing like http://www.mysite.com/product-name-brief-p...product/84.html

what they're supposed to be: http://www.mysite.com/product/Product_Name..._Prod_Desc.html

any suggestions?

I like this contribution.

I sell books, video and music. I must be misunderstanding something in the Advanced Instructions, because I get "other" as a product_type in my feed for every product. What I think I misunderstand is, what do I use in $catNameTemp?

Here is My Website.

Here is the edited froogle.php code:

//START Advance Optional Values

//(0=False 1=True) (optional_sec must be enabled to use any options)
$optional_sec = 1;
$instock = 0;
$shipping = 0;
$lowestShipping = "4.95";  //this is not binary.
$brand = 0;
$upc = 0;   //Not supported by default osC
$manufacturer_id = 0;  //Not supported by default osC
$product_type = 1;
$currency = 0;
$default_currency = "USD";  //this is not binary.
$feed_language = 0;
$default_feed_language = "en";  //this is not binary.
$ship_to = 0;
$default_ship_to = "ALL"; //this is not binary, not supported by default osC for individual products.
$ship_from = 0;
$default_ship_from = "USD"; //this is not binary, not supported by default osC for individual products.

//END of Advance Optional Values

and

{
		$catNameTemp = strtolower($catName);
		if($catNameTemp == "manga" || $catNameTemp == "anime art books")
			$productTypeOut = "book";

else if($catNameTemp == "anime music" || $catNameTemp == "music dvd" || $catNameTemp == "j-pop")
			$productTypeOut = "music";

else if($catNameTemp == "anime dvds")
			$productTypeOut = "video";
		else
			$productTypeOut = "other";

$output .= " \t " . $productTypeOut;
	}

Thank you for the help.

Danny

If I'm giving advice, it is based on what path I would take to fix your problem. My path may be wrong.

I missed the post with my answer,

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=71088&st=1300#

The categories must be the ones specified directly to the products (not parent categories).

Thank you.

Danny

If I'm giving advice, it is based on what path I would take to fix your problem. My path may be wrong.

Forgive me if this has been talked about, but I could not find a solution, so I figured I would post it. I particularly did not want to worry about sending my data feed to Google / Froogle once a month, as they expire your listings monthly, unless you resend your feed. Also, per their feed requirements, and because my store is relatively small and simple, I needed to modify what Easy Contribute outputted.

I decided to set up a CRON job that actually runs every 3 weeks, just to stay a little ahead of Google expiring my listings. The CRON calls a MySQL script that I wrote to export my products.

A couple notes so I don't get too flamed B)

• The product line in our store does not change that often, so I did not incorporate limiting the export to ACTIVE products. If you have inactive products, you might need to change the script.

• Also, my category levels are only 2 deep, and the 2nd level would not make too much sense to Froogle. Again, if you have a different method for your categories and naming, you might need to change the script.

• Also, even though I got my feed approved / validated by Google, please make sure to go through the process to get it validated by Google for your store.

mysql -uXXXX -pXXXXX -DXXXXX -e "select concat('http://YOUR_DOMAIN_GOES_HERE/product_info.php?products_id=',products.products_id) AS product_url, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, FORMAT(products.products_price,2) AS price, CONCAT('http://YOUR_DOMAIN_GOES_HERE/images/',products.products_image) AS image_url, categories_description.categories_name AS category FROM categories, products, products_description, categories_description, products_to_categories WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories_description.categories_id=IF(categories.parent_id='0',categories.categories_id,categories.parent_id)" > /tmp/FILENAME_PER_GOOGLE_SPECS.txt;

Once the script is performed, I have CRON FTP the file to Google. Now, I never have to worry about it :D

Hi, I'm very new in this area. Would you kindly please show me how to install the script in which file or folder? Thank you very much. Kady

Forgive me if this has been talked about, but I could not find a solution, so I figured I would post it. I particularly did not want to worry about sending my data feed to Google / Froogle once a month, as they expire your listings monthly, unless you resend your feed. Also, per their feed requirements, and because my store is relatively small and simple, I needed to modify what Easy Contribute outputted.

I decided to set up a CRON job that actually runs every 3 weeks, just to stay a little ahead of Google expiring my listings. The CRON calls a MySQL script that I wrote to export my products.

A couple notes so I don't get too flamed B)

• The product line in our store does not change that often, so I did not incorporate limiting the export to ACTIVE products. If you have inactive products, you might need to change the script.

• Also, my category levels are only 2 deep, and the 2nd level would not make too much sense to Froogle. Again, if you have a different method for your categories and naming, you might need to change the script.

• Also, even though I got my feed approved / validated by Google, please make sure to go through the process to get it validated by Google for your store.

mysql -uXXXX -pXXXXX -DXXXXX -e "select concat('http://YOUR_DOMAIN_GOES_HERE/product_info.php?products_id=',products.products_id) AS product_url, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, FORMAT(products.products_price,2) AS price, CONCAT('http://YOUR_DOMAIN_GOES_HERE/images/',products.products_image) AS image_url, categories_description.categories_name AS category FROM categories, products, products_description, categories_description, products_to_categories WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories_description.categories_id=IF(categories.parent_id='0',categories.categories_id,categories.parent_id)" > /tmp/FILENAME_PER_GOOGLE_SPECS.txt;

Once the script is performed, I have CRON FTP the file to Google. Now, I never have to worry about it :D

Hi, please help! I followed the instruction to install this contribution. When I tried to run the feeder point on my internet browser and received these errors.

Warning: fopen(http:/www.julielanhomefurnishings.com/feeds/julielan_sbcglobal_net.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/julielan/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 301

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/julielan/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 302

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/julielan/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 303

When I reviewed those lines, these are the scripts (pls. see listed below). Pls. teach me what I need to correct these errors. Thank you very much in advance for your help. Kady

$fp = fopen( $OutFile , "a" );

$fout = fwrite( $fp , $output );

fclose( $fp );

echo "File completed: <a href=\"" . $OutFile . "\" target=\"_blank\">" . $destination_file . "</a><br>\n";

chmod($OutFile, 0777);

I have just installed this mod & have come up with this error when testing (as instructed):

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '\"', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/www/brookwater/shop/admin/froogle.php on line 304

this is the line in question:

echo "File completed: <a href=\"" . $OutFile . "\" target=\"_blank\">" . $destination_file . "</a><br>\n";

Dont be cross at me I don't know much about php, but I can follow simple instructions.

Hoping for your kind advice.

Regards Ed @ brookwater

Edited by brookwater

try removing that line entirely. it's not essential.

thanks for that flying monkey, i now have another error message:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'phpmyadmin@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/www/mysite/shop/admin/froogle.php on line 57

Error when connecting itself to the data base

here's the line in question:

//"line in question"; if (!($link=mysql_connect($home,$user,$pass)))

I have checked with my host that the right login & password is being used but even they can't see why the mod is not able to login to mysql.

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, & thanks in advance too!

Regards, Ed @ brookwater

Edited by brookwater

Please where could i find froogle data feeder contribution ?

not in contributions area.......................

69 pages of a none downloadable contribution.. it makes me creasy

If someone could put a link to i will appreciate (could not find via google too..)

Thx you..

i just have yahoo data feeder but it put my categories in English language.

I want it in French.

There's no language options in yahoo data feeder.

Thx a lot

I want my categories in French because its the shop default language

Ok But

Could you send me a link to the contribution via private message plz ?

Or if you cant:

Could you paste the code to integrate language option ?

or default language of the shop is not integrated in this contribution ?

What can i do if my shop is not in English language ?

i think that :

AND pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'

is ok

but i dont know how transfom it has sql query

Ok for my problem with language i just add:

$catInfo = "
SELECT
//added
categories_description.language_id,
//end added
categories.categories_id AS curCatID,
categories.parent_id AS parentCatID,
categories_description.categories_name AS catName
FROM
categories,
categories_description
WHERE categories.categories_id = categories_description.categories_id
//added
AND categories_description.language_id=1
//end added
";

Now my problem is that the shopbot just want the Top level category for each product.

I don't know how to limit the list

Thx for help

please help me!!

Have mayor problems with the stock.

i whant to show how many items i have in stock or if the quantity is 0 or lower, its not in stock and 1 and above its in stock,

Now it shows Y for every item that is active and N for every item thats inactive.

Thank for answer,

Need it badly!

best regards

Patrik Nordstr?m

I installed FroogleDataFeeder_v162a last night. I have a couple of questions; forgive me if they're dopey ones.

There's a part in the instructions that reads:

If the file is being written properly.

a) Uncomment Block:

From (Line 208)//Start FTP to Froogle

To (Line 238)//End FTP to Froogle

Do I remove the forward slashes I see in the chunk of instructions or do I remove the /* and */ that surrounds that block instead? Someone asked that previously in this thread and all that was said was to use the 'standard way' or something and I don't know what that means.

Next, when I run this program...by going into mywebsite/admin/froogle.php it works great. Generates a huge file of all my items. Quite awesome, really. My question is: is that all I have to do? Once I remove either the slashes or other marks from the part I mentioned above, is that it? Every time I run it, it's automatically sent to Froogle?

I'm still confused as to what to do with that chunk of code above...so I saved the file it created after I ran it and I opened another web browser to contact ftp://hedwig.google.com to upload the file. I signed in with my Froogle ID and password and then dragged and dropped the file into the browser window...per Froogle's online instructions...and it copied the contents of the file and ended successfully...I think...with the file appearing in the browser window. According to Froogle's instructions, that's the end of it. There will be no success message or anything. You know you're done when the file appears in the window. Well, it did so I assume it was uploaded.

But, this is my next problem. I had been monkeying around with my Froogle FTP account, before I installed this contribution, and attempted to change it to something else. I ended up with a new login but stuck at Step 3 where I would insert the URL of my website. It's saying 'already in use'. Apparently, the original user ID and password I created for my FTP account is still active...as I never would have been able to log into the FTP address otherwise last night and FTP the file.

I'm going into the Froogle Merchant Center to check the status of my upload. My original FTP account is not showing. It's showing me having successfully completed steps 1 and 2 to create a FTP account...and proceed with step 3. How can I view whether or not the file was successfully uploaded? I've written to Google this morning, but...I'm hoping that someone here in this forum can explain what I need to do to view the upload. My experience with Google is they take a week or more for an e-mail reply. Thanks!

Andrea

Just a little update to my previous post.

Google contacted me this evening, regarding the feed I sent last night. So, obviously, that FTP account works...despite the fact it's not showing in the Froogle Merchant Center, even still.

They rejected my file because I had assigned the URL of my images directory to be that of mysite.com/images/

See, I'm uploading two sets of photos for my items. I'm uploading a large photo, 200 X 300, and including an img src URL to that photo within my item description. But, the filepath I specified in the froogle.php file is the images directory...where I'm attaching smaller, 75 X 100 photos for thumbnails.

They said my thumbnails have to be at least 90 X 90 in size in order for the feed to be accepted.

So, I went back into the froogle.php file and changed the filepath to that which holds my larger 200 X 300 images and FTP'd the feed again. Looks good; the URLS appear to be correct in the dozen or so I looked at.

And, yes, I figured out which punctuation needed to be removed in order to run the program and have the file FTP'd. Remove the /* and */ in case anyone else comes along with that question. Leave the forward slashes as they are.

This is the message I received on my screen when it finished. Does this look correct?

File completed: your-fr-outfile.txt

Connected to hedwig.google.com, for user soapoperaworld

Uploaded ../feeds/your-fr-outfile.txt to hedwig.google.com as your-fr-outfile.txt

Script timer: 21.133057 seconds.

I'm thinking....shouldn't it be my FTP ID.txt instead of what I'm seeing in the message above? Please advise if this message is fine or if I need to make additional changes in the froogle.php file. Thanks!

Andrea

Sean,

Were you able to create the shopzilla feed? I am looking for that for myself and also a client of mine.

Thanks,

Justin

i am looking for exact the same format, i will take a look at the code to see if i can make it.

and also does anybody has experience with shopping.com, how is system works? same as froogle, ftp upload?

Thanks

sean

FYI I wrote a shopzilla feed. I'll upload it to the contributions after I get it all working correctly.

Justin

:thumbsup:

Sean,

Were you able to create the shopzilla feed? I am looking for that for myself and also a client of mine.

Thanks,

Justin

I've been using Froogle Data Feeder v1 since Feb 2005 on two sites without problems. My last successful feeds were sent on Dec. 1st

I tried to send feeds from both sites yesterday and again today with the following error:

File completed: [FROGGLENAME].txt

Connected to hedwig.google.com, for user [FROGGLEUSERNAME]

Warning: ftp_put(): [FROGGLENAME].txt: Permission denied on server. (Overwrite) in /home/XXXX/XXXX/admin/froogle.php on line 344

hedwig.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

Has something changed with Froggle that is not letting the txt file be overwritten or could it be my host [two different servers]?

Thanks,

Maureen

Maybe I'm missing something blatantly obvious....I read the first 17 pages of this topic then skipped to 70 'cos my eyes were hurting....

My question ares: -

Where exactly can I get this contribution?

Does it include tax, model numbers and manufacturers?

It looks like this is exactly what I'm looking for...or at least something very close....I just can't seem to find it!

Edited by Marc_J