• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

According to the Froogle rules, if there is no image you should leave the field blank rather than insert a no_image.gif

that's what i thought too.... except mforey posted this:

If my product does not have an image, Froogle Data Feeder is just putting the path to my images as specified in froogle.php. Is there anyway to specifiy if no image exists for a product to use no_image.gif? My feed is getting rejected by Froogle for invalid images. If this is answered previously in this forum, please excuse me, I could not find it.

Thanks in advance.

i just checked with the froogle specs, and your right david:

URL of the product image. Required if you have product images on your web site. Use your full-sized product images; do not use thumbnail images. If you do not have an image available, leave the field blank. Please do not include an image that says "Image not available".

nice catch :thumbsup:

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Based on the Froogle instructions, here's an updated no-image fix. If you use the untested fix, please PM me the results and a link to the feed. Thanks!

Find:

CONCAT( '" . $imageURL . "' , products.products_image) AS image_url,

Replace with:

IF(products.products_image, CONCAT( '" . $imageURL . "' ,products.products_image) , '') AS image_url,

Despite the image problem people are complaining about. I did some testing and the original code already does what Froogle wants, so there's no needed fix (as nothing is wrong).

This is a feed generated from my "test" store:

https://www.carblitesolutions.com/feeds/car...tesolutions.txt

The second to last product is the 'Test' Product and has no image specified in the database and has no link and/or information either (meaning the feeder is working correctly and in spec with Froogle).

I have also checked feeds from 4 other stores and there's no indication of a problem, including (one person who complained). Most likely, this is triggered by anything that may be in the image field for the particular product.

Sorry to ask a thick question but does this contribution only feed to Froogle or does it feed to other comparison sites?

I see the first page of this thread mentions others like Yahoo, Amazon etc. but I cant see any mention of these in the download.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to ask a thick question but does this contribution only feed to Froogle or does it feed to other comparison sites?

I see the first page of this thread mentions others like Yahoo, Amazon etc. but I cant see any mention of these in the download.

Thanks in advance.

Only Froogle. There is seperate packages for Yahoo and Bizrate available. I was suppose to release a system that would handle more of the different feeds, but i haven't had time between school and work. I was working on a version a while back... the system worked, but it sucked too much to be released. one day.... when i'm free i'll try coding a new version.

Has anyone figured out how to make this work with salemaker? My Froogle listings have been stopped because my feed is wrong. To try and manually change the prices would be nuts.

Please let me know if there is any hope of this working.

Craig

Is there a way to add append a date to my outfile that I save? I would like to save them for reference rather than overwrite them daily. I suppose It could go froogle-101705.txt I suppose it would be added to this section

$OutFile = "../xyz/froogle.txt"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";

Does anyone have an idea??

Wow this is a long post. Any chance of starting a new topic on feeds and getting a summary of the current status?

I read a post dated yonks ago:

Amazon: Feed API Found

BizRate: Completed

Froogle: Completed

MySimon: Feed API Needed

PriceGrabber: Feed API Needed

Shopping.com: Feed API Needed

Yahoo.com: Completed

But I later read some work was being done on Shopping.com - any update on that one? I could not find anything but I could be blind

thanks

Is there a way to add append a date to my outfile that I save? I would like to save them for reference rather than overwrite them daily. I suppose It could go froogle-101705.txt I suppose it would be added to this section
$OutFile = "../xyz/froogle.txt"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";

Does anyone have an idea??

you could do that using the php date function... but you'd have to update the filename with froogle everytime (so it'd be quite an inconvenience), unless u were planning only to backup the data and not use it for froogle.

question.. i'm new to this whole Froogle thing so be gentle... :D

when i run the Froogle feed i see this:

File completed: my_myfilename_com.txt

1. does that mean everything went through and was uploaded to Froggle?

2. how long should it take before i see my products listed?

I'm not to sure I understand about listing the music categories....

the instructions say:

4a) Additional Setup for Product Type (Optional: Only if $product_type is enabled and you sell books, videos, or music)

Find line 281, and edit this section accordingly. Do not edit, the lines marked, "DO NOT EDIT".

and list and example as:

Examples:

if($catNameTemp == "books") //If the category name of the product is where you are selling books is "Books", convert it to lowercase and insert "books" as shown

if($catNameTemp == "cds" || $catNameTemp == "blink 182") //This case is for when you are selling music in multiple categories, the category names of the products where you sell music are "CDs" and "Blink 182"

but what does that mean...

I sell latin music downloads so how should i set this up?

like this?

else if($catNameTemp == "salsa, bachata, tango, etc") //Enter the category names for the categories that pertain to music.

$productTypeOut = "music"; //DO NOT EDIT

Edited by Mediajuggle

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

question.. i'm new to this whole Froogle thing so be gentle... :D

when i run the Froogle feed i see this:

File completed: my_myfilename_com.txt

1. does that mean everything went through and was uploaded to Froggle?

2. how long should it take before i see my products listed?

I'm not to sure I understand about listing the music categories....

the instructions say:

4a) Additional Setup for Product Type (Optional: Only if $product_type is enabled and you sell books, videos, or music)

Find line 281, and edit this section accordingly. Do not edit, the lines marked, "DO NOT EDIT".

and list and example as:

Examples:

if($catNameTemp == "books") //If the category name of the product is where you are selling books is "Books", convert it to lowercase and insert "books" as shown

if($catNameTemp == "cds" || $catNameTemp == "blink 182") //This case is for when you are selling music in multiple categories, the category names of the products where you sell music are "CDs" and "Blink 182"

but what does that mean...

I sell latin music downloads so how should i set this up?

like this?

else if($catNameTemp == "salsa, bachata, tango, etc") //Enter the category names for the categories that pertain to music.

$productTypeOut = "music"; //DO NOT EDIT

no, but close... thanks for attempting your own solution first.

it should look like this assuming that the categories are salsa, bachata, and tango for the particular products. the categories must be the ones specified directly to the products (not parent categories).

else if($catNameTemp == "salsa" || | $catNameTemp == "bachata" || $catNameTemp == "tango")

oops, typo. like this without the extra "|"

else if($catNameTemp == "salsa" || $catNameTemp == "bachata" || $catNameTemp == "tango")

okay thanks....... and thanks for a painless contribution that was totally easy to install...

My Contribution

2 things...

1. If I have a category listed as "World/New Age", how should I list that in the Froogle.php file? As two seperate categories or just as it appears?

2. I tried uploading and I got this error...

Outcome: Feed contains some errors - help

Number of items processed: 2055

Number of items succeeded: 2055

Number of active items: 0

I'm running a heavily modified store, would that have anything to do with the error?

My Contribution

sorry... you're right...

thanks...

This error usually means that your feed is currently awaiting approval from Froogle. Please wait 5 to 7 business days for us to complete the review. You will also see the message, "Feed pending content approval," on the feed details page if it is not yet approved. Once your feed is approved, we'll let you know by email.

You will also see this error if you have not set your feed to show on Froogle. In this case you will need to check the "Show this feed on Froogle" box on the "Change feed options" page. If you have any questions, please contact us for assistance.

My Contribution

I have a strange problem I can't suss - I installed this contribution with no problems and got it working fine, uploaded my first .txt file to Froogle, and it works fine.

However, when I run froogle.php again, it just won't update the file with new products. I've checked the CHMOD which is still 777, and just can't understand why it worked fine the first time, but not subsequently!

I get no error messages or anything and a file is output - it just doesn't contain any new products. I've deleted the old .txt file so overwriting it isn't an issue, but still no joy.

I haven't altered any of the files or anything - the only think that has changed between then and now is that my host did some work on my servers, and there was some problem with the .thaccess file. My php sites all said "FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!" That problem is fixed now, but it's the only thing I can think of that may have affected the way my contrib is working.

Any ideas? Many thanks.

I have a strange problem I can't suss - I installed this contribution with no problems and got it working fine, uploaded my first .txt file to Froogle, and it works fine.

However, when I run froogle.php again, it just won't update the file with new products. I've checked the CHMOD which is still 777, and just can't understand why it worked fine the first time, but not subsequently!

I get no error messages or anything and a file is output - it just doesn't contain any new products. I've deleted the old .txt file so overwriting it isn't an issue, but still no joy.

I haven't altered any of the files or anything - the only think that has changed between then and now is that my host did some work on my servers, and there was some problem with the .thaccess file. My php sites all said "FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!" That problem is fixed now, but it's the only thing I can think of that may have affected the way my contrib is working.

Any ideas? Many thanks.

Miop: Check your database settings, maybe they are different now. You'll need to update the one in froogle.php

odleyart: Goto contributions and search for them. Only Yahoo and Bizrate are available.

Miop: Check your database settings, maybe they are different now. You'll need to update the one in froogle.php

They were different - That's fixed it - many thanks!

I would sure appreciate some help with this. I am at the point where I can create and manually upload my file fine via ftp program. but I can't get the tool to do it. I get the following:

File completed: sdb-upload-to-froogle.txt

FTP open connection failed to hedwig.google.com

Script timer: 0.160078 seconds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been stuck on this forever and can't seem to find the answer.

Mike