• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but does this run automatically every month without a cron job?  :blink:

No

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

I had a problem with my products not appearing on Froogle, despite good feeds. It seems that if you have two (or more) feeds (in my case, one in US$ to froogle.com and one in GBP to froogle.co.uk) and the "offer_Id" fields are the same in both feeds, it causes conflicts and will list only one of them.

On Froogle's advice I have modified the script to add a suffix of "US" to each "offer_id" for the US feed in order to distinguish it from the UK feed.

I am currently waiting to see if that was indeed the problem, and if this fixed it.

Cheers

John

i have another names for the tables in my oscommerce shop.

products = k24_products

manufacturers = k24_manufacturers

an so on...

now, i have change the code in froogle.php but i see the error:

-------------------------------

: SQL error Unknown table 'products' in field list| sql = SELECT concat( 'http://www.kondom24.de/product_info.php?products_id=' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, products_weight, k24_manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName, k24_manufacturers.manufacturers_id, k24_products.products_id AS id, k24_products_description.products_name AS name, k24_products_description.products_description AS description, k24_products.products_quantity AS quantity, k24_products.products_status AS prodStatus, FORMAT( IFNULL(k24_specials.specials_new_products_price, k24_products.products_price) * 1.16,2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://www.kondom24.de/images/' ,k24_products.products_image) AS image_url, k24_products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, k24_categories.parent_id AS catParentID, k24_categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM k24_categories, k24_categories_description, k24_products, k24_products_description, k24_products_to_categories left join manufacturers on ( k24_manufacturers.manufacturers_id = k24_products.manufacturers_id ) left join specials on ( k24_specials.products_id = k24_products.products_id AND ( ( (k24_specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (k24_specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( k24_specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE k24_products.products_id=k24_products_description.products_id AND k24_products.products_id=k24_products_to_categories.products_id AND k24_products_to_categories.k24_categories_id=categories.categories_id AND k24_categories.categories_id=k24_categories_description.categories_id ORDER BY k24_products.products_id ASC

--------------------------------------------

this is a part of the code: (froogle.php)

-----------------------------------------------

$sql = "

SELECT concat( '" . $productURL . "' ,k24_products.products_id) AS product_url,

products_model AS prodModel, products_weight,

k24_manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName,

k24_manufacturers.manufacturers_id,

k24_products.products_id AS id,

k24_products_description.products_name AS name,

k24_products_description.products_description AS description,

k24_products.products_quantity AS quantity,

k24_products.products_status AS prodStatus,

FORMAT( IFNULL(k24_specials.specials_new_products_price, k24_products.products_price) * " . $taxCalc . ",2) AS price,

CONCAT( '" . $imageURL . "' ,k24_products.products_image) AS image_url,

k24_products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID,

k24_categories.parent_id AS catParentID,

k24_categories_description.categories_name AS catName

FROM k24_categories,

k24_categories_description,

k24_products,

k24_products_description,

k24_products_to_categories

left join manufacturers on ( k24_manufacturers.manufacturers_id = k24_products.manufacturers_id )

left join specials on ( k24_specials.products_id = k24_products.products_id AND ( ( (k24_specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (k24_specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( k24_specials.status = 1 ) ) )

WHERE k24_products.products_id=k24_products_description.products_id

AND k24_products.products_id=k24_products_to_categories.products_id

AND k24_products_to_categories.k24_categories_id=categories.categories_id

AND k24_categories.categories_id=k24_categories_description.categories_id

ORDER BY

k24_products.products_id ASC

";

$catInfo = "

SELECT

k24_categories.categories_id AS curCatID,

k24_categories.parent_id AS parentCatID,

k24_categories_description.categories_name AS catName

FROM

k24_categories,

k24_categories_description

WHERE k24_categories.categories_id = k24_categories_description.categories_id

";

-------------------------------------------

thanx!

purecom

Same for me.  A product listed for $899.00 which is regular price, but its on special for $799.00.  This is a big concern to me, because $899.00 is more than all the competition, whereas $799.00 is competitive.  I am using the latest version.  I uploaded my feed yesterday, and was accepted today, so it is current, too.

Calvin,

Some of my items on froogle are showing the sale prices, but then alot of them aren't. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

hey guys i am having problems with special prices. All my special priced items are not showing the discounted price, can any one please help me fix this

thankyou

Uhhh, seems like we all are having the same problem, dude. :rolleyes:

Hi,

I've installed froogledatafeeder v161, and i get the following error message:

SQL error Can't create/write to file 'c:\apachefriendsc:\apachefriends\xampp\tmp\#sql_448_0.MYI' (Errcode: 22)| sql = SELECT concat( 'http://sales.invalsa.com/product_info.php?products_id=' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, products_weight, manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName, manufacturers.manufacturers_id, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_quantity AS quantity, products.products_status AS prodStatus, FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * 1,2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://sales.invalsa.com/images/' ,products.products_image) AS image_url, products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, categories.parent_id AS catParentID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM categories, categories_description, products, products_description, products_to_categories left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id ) left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id ORDER BY products.products_id ASC

Aprreciate if anybody can help.

Regards

Jorge

Mr. Calvin K,

Froogle Feeder works like a charm...can't say the same for the Froogle export piece of the Easy Populate contrib (that's another story).

I was wondering if you had any plans to update the Froogle Feeder contrib to work in conjuction with Chemo's "Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1c" contrib.

Your contrib and Chemo's contrib "FUNCTIONALY" work together but the product URLs fed to Froogle are the base/stock OSC URLs, instead of the SEO'ed URLs. For example:

http://www.your_website.com/product_info.php?products_id=65

Instead of:

http://www.your_website.com/something-about-marry-p-65.html

I ?THINK? a change to SEO URLs in the Froogle Feeder contrib might help Froogle SEO??? Please advise and thanks in advance!

Regards,

Siddall

I just got my 4th sale from Google/Froogle. Man I love this contribution!

I have been with Froogle for a long time and I have only had a couple sales from it. If I go to search for my product type I am several pages back. I am still trying to figure out how to optimize for Froogle. But, that is great to hear that it is working for you! If you have any advise I would be more than willing to hear it :-)

Uhhh, seems like we all are having the same problem, dude.  :rolleyes:

The special prices issues were resolved many releases ago without any reports of errors, except users of the SaleMaker Contribution. If you believe there is an error with sale prices, please provide a link to the product, and a link to the feed. Please run the feeder before hand to insure the data feed is up to date.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Mr. Calvin K,

? Froogle Feeder works like a charm...can't say the same for the Froogle export piece of the Easy Populate contrib (that's another story).

? I was wondering if you had any plans to update the Froogle Feeder contrib to work in conjuction with Chemo's "Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1c" contrib.

? Your contrib and Chemo's contrib "FUNCTIONALY" work together but the product URLs fed to Froogle are the base/stock OSC URLs, instead of the SEO'ed URLs.? For example:

http://www.your_website.com/product_info.php?products_id=65

Instead of:

http://www.your_website.com/something-about-marry-p-65.html

? I ?THINK? a change to SEO URLs in the Froogle Feeder contrib might help Froogle SEO???? Please advise and thanks in advance!

Regards,

Siddall

Possibly, if i get around to installing it myself and learning how it works. I've been really busy this whole year though. I still have to take care of a request to allow mutiple tax rates for different products. I am hoping to have that completed sometime in the next 2 weeks.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Possibly, if i get around to installing it myself and learning how it works.  I've been really busy this whole year though.  I still have to take care of a request to allow mutiple tax rates for different products.  I am hoping to have that completed sometime in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for the response....and thanks for the contrib :thumbsup: :thumbsup: !!! I completely understand...my suggestion is deffinately an "enhancement" and not a not a "requirement", at this time. (man...I sounded waaay too much like a consultant then :P )

Keep up the GREAT work!!! and thanks again! Keep us posted when this enhancement may make the cut.

Also, if you have any info or advice on Froogle rankings, I would be most interested! The Froogle SEARCH does not appear to have the same intricacies as the regular Google search engine???? It appear to be mostly keyword based...would you be able to confirm, deny, or elaborate this??? (I may have missed a simple Froogle link that explains this...sorry if so) Thanks again CalvinK!!!

Regards,

Siddall

thanks for this great contribution, just one small error that i need help with and I was hoping someone had the answer. I see someone else had this problem, but i have yet to find an answer. any help would be appreciated

upon accessing froogle.php

i get the following error

Warning: getimagesize(): Read error! in /customers/adweb322361/ftp/www.mrdeliveryman.com/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 185

I dont know why i am getting this error, it lists the error about 60-100 times on the admin screen and then displays product results below... The only thing I can think of is that some of my products do not have images and the contribution is stumbling upon this???

anyway to fix this?

thanks alot and thank you for this great contribution

indi

sorry for the double post but i just took a look at the feed file that is generated and all my product urls are wrong....

I am using SEO URL's contribution and I have no idea how to configure this contribution to work with that.... obviously im doing something wrong... anyone have any ideas??

also i still am getting the error i posted in the above post..

hopefully someone can help

regards

indi

Happy July 4th everyone

ok well I can answer the SEO url difficulties kinda....

what has worked for me and has given froogle the correct URL

is

putting in your feed file under the product url config line

http://www.your-site-name.com/catalog/prod...hp?products_id=

then the froogle feed contrib will add a product number after the =

whenever it generates the .txt file.... lol i dont know if anyone posted this... i have looked over all 59 pages of this post and have not seen any posts regarding that... so here it is...

if anyone has any questions or it dosent work for you for some reason let me know... it has worked for me although..

Anyone ever come up with an answer to the error

Warning: getimagesize(): Read error! in /customers/adweb322361/ftp/www.mrdeliveryman.com/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 185

thanks

indi

Edited by indicaz

Hi!,

I am going crazy, I have no clue why am I getting the following error:

SQL error Can't create/write to file 'c:\apachefriendsc:\apachefriends\xampp\tmp\#sql_448_0.MYI' (Errcode: 22)| sql

I desperately need help .Pleeeese ........

Jorge :'(

Happy July 4th everyone

is

whenever it generates the .txt file.... lol i dont know if anyone posted this... i have looked over all 59 pages of this post and have not seen any posts regarding that... so here it is...

if anyone has any questions or it dosent work for you for some reason let me know... it has worked for me although..

thanks

indi

Happy July 4th everyone

is

thanks

indi

i believe that error doesn't pertain to the Froogle Data Feeder, that's the other contribution for Froogle. try downloading Froogle Data Feeder 1.61 from the contributions, i believe it works for most people better.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Happy July 4th everyone

is

indicaz,

Regarding your SEO URL contrib vs. this contrib...check out the post just a few before this one. Here is a shortcut:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=648063

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Siddall

I just installed the Froogle Data Feeder and am having some issues - I uncommented the FTP stuff, and now when I run it I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ftp_connect() in /web/disk1/virtual/sparkynet.com/accounts/megostore.com/htdocs/store/admin/froogle.php on line 313

The path is right, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Also, (and this is unrelated) I FTP'ed manually to the Froogle FTP and uploaded my file, but the 111k file turned into a 0k file on their end. What's up with that?

Thanks for any and all help!

Thanks,

Joe DeRouen

Also, does this look right:

$OutFile = "../feeds/megostore-froogle-upload.txt"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";
$destination_file = "megostore-froogle-upload.txt";  //"CHANGEME-filename-to-upload-to-froogle.txt";
$source_file = $OutFile;
$imageURL = 'http://www.megostore.com/store/images/';
$productURL = 'http://www.megostore.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=';

Edited by jderouen

Your destination filename doesn't look right to me. This needs to be the filename that Froogle assigned to you or your upload will fail.

The error message that you posted means that the FTP functions are not installed in PHP on your server. If you run your own server, you can install the FTP library and restart the server. If you are on a hosted server, I posted an alternative using cURL a few pages back in this thread. It should work if the cURL library is installed on your server. If you don't have either FTP or cURL you're probably going to have to continue to upload manually.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Jim -

That is the right filename. Froogle let me choose the filename, and that's what I picked.

On the other issue, thanks for the information - my server is colocated so I can get them to install it for me, I think. If not, I'll research the curl alternative you mentioned.

Thanks!

Joe

I've seen the file disappear entirely shortly after an upload, but I've never seen a zero length file. That could just be an artifact of Google's virtual FTP server. You will probably have to ask them about it.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.