• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

I have alot of items on my store that are very inexpensive so I do not want to pay say $.50 cents per click for a $.10 item. Is there a way to say only pull products that are $50.00 and above for the output file??? I currently manually sort and cut and ftp. I would like to automate this process. Thanks in advance

OK I got it to work conditionally around line 96 in froogle.php I added the following condition

AND products.products_price>=50.00

but if the product is say on special for 39.99 and the regular price is $50.00 it will still end up on the feed. I guess this is not so bad considering.. Any thoughts?

You should be able to do this easily in the SQL. Just add in something like this to that long string of WHEREs:

AND products.products_price > 50

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hey All :thumbsup:

I am installing the contrib now and I am at the part where it asks you to:

7) Make sure the file is being written properly.

a. To run the feeder point your internet browser to http://www.yourwebsite.com/admin/froogle.php

b. Then point your browser to http://www.yourwebsite.com/feeds/your-fr-outfile.txt to check the feed.

Yes I changed the paths, I changed it to this:

$OutFile = "http://www.tonerjunction.com/feeds/my_text_file_name.txt"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";
$destination_file = "my_text_file_name.txt";  //"CHANGEME-filename-to-upload-to-froogle.txt";
$source_file = $OutFile;
$imageURL = 'http://www.tonerjunction.com/images/';
$productURL = 'http://www.tonerjunction.com/product_info.php?products_id=';
$already_sent = array();

When I do that I get this error for step "a"

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /hsphere/local/group-1/home/ksaun/tonerjunction.com/admin/froogle.php on line 57

Error when connecting itself to the data base

and a

"The page cannot be found"
for step 'b"

Anyone have an idea what's wrong? :blink:

I can post my froogle.php if needed

My Favorite Quote from a movie.

Question: How do you know women sooo well?

Answer: I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.

I know that some of you might have had this problem .. so pleeeeeeease any help would be great :'(

When I go to

http://www.mywebsite.com/admin/froogle.php

I get this message

: SQL error Got error 28 from table handler| sql = SELECT concat( 'http://www.mywebsite.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, products_weight, manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName, manufacturers.manufacturers_id, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_quantity AS quantity, products.products_status AS prodStatus, FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * 1.08,2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://www.mywebsite.com/shop/images/' ,products.products_image) AS image_url, products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, categories.parent_id AS catParentID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM categories, categories_description, products, products_description, products_to_categories left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id ) left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id ORDER BY products.products_id ASC

Thank you a MILION time in advance for your help fixing this issue :'(

Edited by arames

Got the price thing figured out (thanks Jim) Next question is if I want to limit products to those of certain manufacturers. I can get it work with one manufacturer using the following command

AND manufacturers.manufacturers_id=284

but I cannot get it to work for more than one (I would like to have about 10). If I add another AND command it returns nothing. I am not an SQL wiz, I got my book out but I cant figure it out so any help will be great

I'm not an SQL wizard either, but I think that you can do something like:

AND (manufacturers.manufacturers_id=284 || manufacturers.manufacturers_id=285 || manufacturers.manufacturers_id=286)

Changing the numbers and adding cases as needed, of course.

Regards

Jim

Works like a champ. You RULE!!!!

I'm not an SQL wizard either, but I think that you can do something like:

AND (manufacturers.manufacturers_id=284 || manufacturers.manufacturers_id=285 || manufacturers.manufacturers_id=286)

Changing the numbers and adding cases as needed, of course.

Regards

Jim

Hello,

i installed the froogle feeder and it is working great. BUT how do i set up different Texes ?

In Germany we got 7% for Books

and 16% for all other stuff.

So google reject our file beacuse books showing the wrong prices which will be calculated with 16% instead of 7 %.

i found a solution or a try but im not so famliar with PHP:

switch($row->MwSt){

case "1":

$taxRate = 7;

break;

case "2":

$taxRate = 16;

break;

default:

$taxRate = 0;

break;

};

if ($taxRate != 0){

$row->price = $row->price * (($taxRate/100) + 1);

$row->price = number_format($row->price, 2, '.', '');

}

any idea where do i put this switch and do i need to add mwst into the sql ?

Any idea ?

Best regards joerg

Hey All :thumbsup: 

I am installing the contrib now and I am at the part where it asks you to:

Yes I changed the paths, I changed it to this:

$OutFile = "http://www.tonerjunction.com/feeds/my_text_file_name.txt"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";
$destination_file = "my_text_file_name.txt"; ?//"CHANGEME-filename-to-upload-to-froogle.txt";
$source_file = $OutFile;
$imageURL = 'http://www.tonerjunction.com/images/';
$productURL = 'http://www.tonerjunction.com/product_info.php?products_id=';
$already_sent = array();

When I do that I get this error for step "a"

and a  for step 'b"

Anyone have an idea what's wrong? :blink:

I can post my froogle.php if needed

Anybody??? :blink:

My Favorite Quote from a movie.

Question: How do you know women sooo well?

Answer: I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /hsphere/local/group-1/home/ksaun/tonerjunction.com/admin/froogle.php on line 57

You have an error in your database settings, so the froogle script cannot read from the database.

Regards

Jim

Could me help someone with that ???

Hello,

i installed the froogle feeder and it is working great. BUT how do i set up different Texes ?

In Germany we got 7% for Books

and 16% for all other stuff.

So google reject our file beacuse books showing the wrong prices which will be calculated with 16% instead of 7 %.

i found a solution or a try but im not so famliar with PHP:

switch($row->MwSt){

case "1":

$taxRate = 7;

break;

case "2":

$taxRate = 16;

break;

default:

$taxRate = 0;

break;

};

if ($taxRate != 0){

$row->price = $row->price * (($taxRate/100) + 1);

$row->price = number_format($row->price, 2, '.', '');

}

any idea where do i put this switch and do i need to add mwst into the sql ?

Any idea ?

Best regards joerg

Hello,

I have installed this contrib, but am finding myself having an error when i run froogle.php.

I get the following message

File completed: MYTEXTFILE.txt

Connected to hedwig.google.com, for user MYUSERNAME

Warning: ftp_put(): MYTEXTFILE.txt: No such file or directory. in /hsphere/local/home/theliqui/theliquidatorsonline.com/admin/froogle.php on line 344

hedwig.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

I have the entries setup correctly as far as I know. The file is created in the directory I set and it is populated. Permissions for the folders and the txt file are set at 777.

Is there something that I am misssing as to why this will not upload. I was able to upload the file manually just fine and the feed was approved.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer

Could me help someone with that ???

Hi Taz1,

I am aware of the issue, and initally created a fix for it but during testing it did not meet necessary standards for it to run on most osCommerce systems. Since then, I've run out of time every night after school and work. Not to mention a lack of sleep. Hopefully, after I graduate from college in the next couple of weeks, I will have some free time.

-calvin

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

I just noticed something when I did a search for a particular product and noticed that the price was incorrect.

If you go to http://www.google.com/froogle?q=Van-Pan&btnG=Search+Froogle you will see my product listed at the very top for $149.95.

That is the catalog price, but it is on Special for $139.95 so it needs to list the Special price, not the catalog price.

How can i change this to display the Special price if it has one and the catalog price if not?

Are you sure? It should handle Special prices... if your using the lastest version. There was a minor bug in the previous versions. It checks for the special status and for the special expirationd date. It will NOT work with some mass sales making contributions. It is designed to work with standard osC setups.

With that particular link... it seems like it's working just fine.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Are you sure?  It should handle Special prices... if your using the lastest version.  There was a minor bug in the previous versions.  It checks for the special status and for the special expirationd date.  It will NOT work with some mass sales making contributions.  It is designed to work with standard osC setups.

Same for me. A product listed for $899.00 which is regular price, but its on special for $799.00. This is a big concern to me, because $899.00 is more than all the competition, whereas $799.00 is competitive. I am using the latest version. I uploaded my feed yesterday, and was accepted today, so it is current, too.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me modify the feeder to check if a product is being sold under MAP and if so, send the MAP price instead. I have an additional column in my products table called products_map, so the logic would be something like this:

If products.products_price < products.products_map then price=products.products_map

If it could account for specials too even better, but that is not as much of a concern. As long as we are not sending froogle prices below MAP.

I am very new to PHP / MySQL. Thanks for the help!

Are you sure?  It should handle Special prices... if your using the lastest version.  There was a minor bug in the previous versions.  It checks for the special status and for the special expirationd date.  It will NOT work with some mass sales making contributions.  It is designed to work with standard osC setups.

Yes, I have the latest version (less the added language additions as I do not need them):

3 Apr 2005 - Who's Online Enhancement v1.6.1 Beta

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

I'd love to get this working. I've done this:

Point your internet browser to http://www.yourwebsite.com/admin/froogle.php

But get the error message:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /******/******/******/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 57

Error when connecting itself to the data base

Anyone able to help please?