• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

I am going to keep an eye on mine, funny, I hope they solve your issue, you try rebuilding your feed and uploading it ?, not sure if you have, I know mine was just updated yesterday and is live now....

The way of life, and the way we work for you.

Google copies your images to their servers. If the image exists at the location you have given but Google doesn't have it in their cache, then there is something preventing googlebot from retrieving the images. Check your robots.txt to see that you haven't blocked access to your images directory. Also, if you have referrer rules (or other tactics to prevent image theft), these can prevent googlebot from getting the images.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Google copies your images to their servers. If the image exists at the location you have given but Google doesn't have it in their cache, then there is something preventing? googlebot from retrieving the images. Check your robots.txt to see that you haven't blocked access to your images directory. Also, if you have referrer rules (or other tactics to prevent image theft), these can prevent googlebot from getting the images.

Regards

Jim

I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like I disallowed the google image bot to do it's business in the robots.txt file. I've changed this now. Is there any way of getting Froogle to reindex it? I have just ran froogle.php again, but is that enough?

Edited by RojanUK

RojanUK

That should be enough. I'm not certain how often Google sends the bot out to fetch images. It might take a while for that to happen.

Regards

Jim

I am tring to use the FroogleDataFeeder_v161 mod but the order of the output file is wrong. I can't seem figure out how to change it. When it outputs the files it puts them in

product_url name description price image_url category

but is needs to be in.

product_url name description image_url category price

I can't seem to find the code to switch around.

Anyhelp would greatly appreciated.

I am tring to use the FroogleDataFeeder_v161 mod but the order of the output file is wrong. I can't seem figure out how to change it. When it outputs the files it puts them in

but is needs to be in.

How do you know it's wrong?

Are you sure that the problem isn't an extra tab?

but is needs to be in.

Well when it creates the data feed file. It comes out in the wrong order I used uploaded it and google says all products successful with 1 error. This is the only error I can find wrong with the file when comparing it to there feed example.

Well when it creates the data feed file. It comes out in the wrong order I used uploaded it and google says all products successful with 1 error. This is the only error I can find wrong with the file when comparing it to there feed example.

Has your feed been approved yet? If it hasn't that shows up as an error, even though the upload of your products was succesful. Took a while with me to get my feed approved after all products were uploaded.

RojanUK

Still no pictures for me in my feed, except for two products. My stats show that the googlebot hasn't visited my site at all this month. And what's even worse, Google still hasn't answered my email. I know they are slow, but this is ridiculous. :'(

RojanUK

Hi,

I hope someone can help me, I had installed this contirbution about a month ago and actually succesfully upload a file onto my Froogle account, but for some reason Froogle status on my account always say Error on feed.

I had double check everything and open the text file several times to check is their is something wrong; but I don't see anything wrong.

Somone told me that some caracthers on the feed maybe illigal caracthers but I had not yet found on the Froogle website a list of none legal Character to compare.

Please help

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Still no pictures for me in my feed, except for two products. My stats show that the googlebot hasn't visited my site at all this month. And what's even worse, Google still hasn't answered my email. I know they are slow, but this is ridiculous.  :'(

Hi,

I hope someone can help me, I had installed this contirbution about a month ago and actually succesfully upload a file onto my Froogle account, but for some reason Froogle status on my account always say Error on feed.

I had double check everything and open the text file several times to check is their is something wrong; but I don't see anything wrong.

Somone told me that some caracthers on the feed maybe illigal caracthers but I had not yet found on the Froogle website a list of none legal Character to compare.

Please help

Thanks in advance.  :thumbsup:

For you goes the same question I asked earlier to somebody else:

Has your feed been approved yet? If it hasn't that shows up as an error, even though the upload of your products was succesful. Took a while with me to get my feed approved after all products were uploaded.

RojanUK

The order of the Feed should be fine.

It's been in this order, since the original Froogle Data Feeder.

Froogle/Google is notorious for their slow responses. Patience is virtue.

Pictures may not show up if you have spaces or odd characters in your image names.

I have a beta ready for testing that includes feature request and may resolve a few of the issues people are experiencing. Please PM me if your interested.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Hi Guys

Anyone able to give me a hand with this?

Everything installed OK, permissons as far as I'm concerned are set up correctly. When I try to test it but going to the froogle.php it comes back with:

Error when connecting itself to the data base

I have checked the DB name, User Name & password but alas still not working. Have I missed something silly. Is there meant to be a file route to the database?

Regards

Martyn

Well it had been almost 4 month now and not approval had happen. I had not receive an email about it.

The file still show as error on Froogle

What the heck is happening?

4 months is rather a long time... I've got mine going and approved, and it took about a week from the first feed to approval. I did upload a new feed every day during that period. I suggest contacting Google using the Froogle on-line form - then reply to the email you receive from them (that one's automated) - be prepared to wait for up to a fortnight for a personal response however.

Now I'm waiting for my UK feed's approval... (4 days so far, should be soon.....)

Cheers

John

Hi Guys

Anyone able to give me a hand with this?

Everything installed OK, permissons as far as I'm concerned are set up correctly. When I try to test it but going to the froogle.php it comes back with:

Error when connecting itself to the data base

I have checked the DB name, User Name & password but alas still not working. Have I missed something silly. Is there meant to be a file route to the database?

Regards

Martyn

Check that the details are EXACTLY the same as those in /includes/configure.php

Cheers

John

Great contribution. I had some difficulty with the path names at first, believe I have those fixed, but, I am still getting the following error:

Warning: getimagesize(): Read error! in /home/sweetd73/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 185

The funny thing is, it created the file and even uploaded to froogle, with the same error, seams to have worked otherwise.

I do have the resize images turned off.

here is the code for feed.php around line 185

function checkimage ($imagename) {  
 if (!is_dir($this->feedimagepath)) { @mkdir($this->feedimagepath,0777); @chmod($this->feedimagepath,0777); }
 $image = $this->imagepath . $imagename; $newimage = $this->feedimagepath . $imagename;  
 $size = getimagesize($image);
    $width  = $size[0];
    $height = $size[1];
    $type   = $size[2];
    switch ($type) {
    case 1:

Thank you for your help

Great contribution. I had some difficulty with the path names at first, believe I have those fixed, but, I am still getting the following error:

Warning: getimagesize(): Read error! in /home/sweetd73/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 185

The funny thing is, it created the file and even uploaded to froogle, with the same error, seams to have worked otherwise.

function checkimage ($imagename) { ?
?if (!is_dir($this->feedimagepath)) { @mkdir($this->feedimagepath,0777); @chmod($this->feedimagepath,0777); }
?$image = $this->imagepath . $imagename; $newimage = $this->feedimagepath . $imagename; ?
?$size = getimagesize($image);
? ? $width ?= $size[0];
? ? $height = $size[1];
? ? $type ? = $size[2];
? ? switch ($type) {
? ? case 1:

Thank you for your help

Should I comment this line out completly? I uploaded to froogle, they accepted the file... no errors... contribution worked great. So I don't think I need this line...or do I?

Thanx

Hi Guys,

I'm getting there bit by bit and now have finally got it outputting to my txt file but it is skipping letters as below:

Gogeous ich peal desig hai bad. Made with highest quality Swaovski Austia Cystals.

&

All items come i thei ow gold ogaza daw stig bag with tissue

It seems to be the letter 'R' and 'N'

Any help would be fantastic.

Martyn

Look for this code around line 88 of froogle.php. It looks like the backslashes got deleted out of your copy.

'%[\r\n]+%m'); // remove CRs and newlines

Regards

Jim

Look for this code around line 88 of froogle.php. It looks like the backslashes got deleted out of your copy.

? ?'%[\r\n]+%m'); // remove CRs and newlines

Regards

Jim

Hi,

Thanks for your help. You were right the Backslashes were not there. I have now corrected this but alas I still have the same problem. See below:

All items come i thei ow gold ogaza daw stig bag with tissue.t0.00t

I also think the price part is incorrect.

Anymore help would agin be appreciated.

Martyn :(

I suggest that you start over with a fresh copy of the file. Edit it with a text editor and upload via FTP. Don't use any type of on-line editor, as many of these will strip out the slashes.

Regards

Jim

I just noticed something when I did a search for a particular product and noticed that the price was incorrect.

If you go to http://www.google.com/froogle?q=Van-Pan&btnG=Search+Froogle you will see my product listed at the very top for $149.95.

That is the catalog price, but it is on Special for $139.95 so it needs to list the Special price, not the catalog price.

How can i change this to display the Special price if it has one and the catalog price if not?

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

function checkimage ($imagename) {  
 if (!is_dir($this->feedimagepath)) { @mkdir($this->feedimagepath,0777); @chmod($this->feedimagepath,0777); }
 $image = $this->imagepath . $imagename; $newimage = $this->feedimagepath . $imagename;  
 $size = getimagesize($image);
    $width  = $size[0];
    $height = $size[1];
    $type   = $size[2];
    switch ($type) {
    case 1:

Thank you for your help

Any idea's on how to stop this error yet?

Thanx