• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Have you checked that product's description? You may have a tab in the description and not know about it.

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Check for commas as well.? If you have a price that is $1,450.00? It will not work.? $1450.00 is fine.

How do you know you have a tab ? is there an error in the output text file ?

It makes me wonder since I have tables in some of my product descriptions for the product specifications.

Also how do you know the products are all getting into froogle ?, just do some product searches.

Jimmy

Edited by Vger

I'm not a coder just a splicer.

Hi Calvin...

Hope you can help. I have installed the Contrib, no problem it works and sends data to froogle BUT... I have a response from froogle:

Issues:

- Descriptions do not match

- Image not available images

- Prices contain commas

- Promotional text in descriptions

-----------------

Descriptions do not match: Please make sure the descriptions in your data

feed exactly match the descriptions that appear on your product pages. If

there is no description available for the product, please leave the

description field blank instead of including the name in the description

field.

Image not available images: Do not include anything in the image_url field

for an item that does not have an image. When there is no image of the

product, simply leave this field blank.

Prices contain commas: Please do not include commas in your prices. For

example, your product named "Intruder GFX Go Kart" has a listed price of

"1,599.00." Instead, the price should be listed as "1599.00." Please

review your feed and remove all commas from your prices.

Promotional text in descriptions: Please don't include promotional or

boilerplate text in your data feed. For example, text such as

"Manufacturer & Parts Manco Power Sports is the oldest and

largestmanufacturer of off-roadfun-karts, scooters,mini-bikes, dirt

bikes,ATVs and mini-kars.Located in Fort Wayne,Indiana, Manco

hasmanufactured and sold overone million vehiclesworldwide during the

past32 years. Manco go-karts are designed for safe off-roadfun and

performance. Specialfeatures makeManco Power Sports thestandout of the

industry" and "Manco offers unmatchedproduct safety with ourcommitment to

cuttingedge design, developmentand testing. All Manco Parts available

here! To Order Parts: Use your breakdown illustration manual thatcame with

your machine (or download yourmodels manual in our Forum ). Once you have

found the part #'s you need> click on " Parts Dept ." (use Categories menu

located in upperleft corner of this page).Then click " Manco Parts ", look

for your proper Sub-categorythat encapsulates your part #. All partsare

purchased with the shops normal shoppingcart system. Pretty easy huh? Well

we hearall the time how hard it is to order or evenfind parts from other

sites, we here at Go-KartsR us have changed these rules. It's now...easy

parts, easy pick'ens!" should be removed from the descriptions in the

feed.

After you've made this change, please upload a new version of your feed.

We'll notify you if we need you to make any additional formatting

corrections. Otherwise, we'll send you an email to let you know that your

feed has been approved.

Sincerely,

The Google Team

I'll input some on the above.

Descriptions: do not match? no idea, they seem fine on my site: Go Karts R us

Images: I have a lot of "parts" that do not have a picture, they are blank in osC but apparently not with this feed

Prices: osC adds the comma's for the thousand dollar amounts (need to ommit in the feeder?)

Promo text: This is picked up from the html text from the item. Can this be trimmed in the feed? manually doing this to over 5,000 items would not be possible.

Well I hope we have some answers, this seemed like it would be an awesome Contrib (hopefully it can be altered to fit these situations).

Kind Reagrds, KJ Miller

Edited by Top_Speed

define('PROJECTS', 'Something that goes on forever!');

Hi everyone, here's my qualm... i have installed the froogle data feeder for my clients, but some of the clients are uploading images with spaces in the filenames. That apparantly is a problem for froogle because the images won't show up in their product listings if there are spaces in the image filenames.

What can be done about changing the datafeeder that when capturing the image filename, it runs through it, checks it for spaces, and replaces the space with %20. Browsers automatically replaces spaces with %20, but not froogle.

Here's a sample image URL sent to froogle:

http://www.arrowsicislandpottery.com/images/White mouse w red web.jpg

Here's the image URL FIXED. THis is what SHOULD be sent to froogle:

http://www.arrowsicislandpottery.com/images/White%20mouse%20w%20red%20web.jpg

Can someone help me figure out how to change the datafeeder code to implement this??

Thanks.

Thanks John,

I managed my provider to crank up from 100 to 250 connections.

But still, eventhough I didn't get the "Too many connections" error, it made mysql crash. It could be due to the large amount of products 10000+.

After launching froogle.php, it deleted the the outfile.txt which I've placed as an empty file in the feeds dir. I have no idea what I'm should see after starting froogle.php.

your host server is not linking the amount of connections being used, you need to have then restart mysql and let them know what is going on.

perhaps time to move to another host who gives you a bit more on mysql.

--------------------------------------------

>Hi all,

>I'm trying to install the Froogle module (v1.61). As indicated, I changed all values in >the froogle.php file and uploaded it to the admin directory.

>After launching froogle.php, I received toe message:

>

>Warning: Too many connections in >/home/www/allteck/shop/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

>

>Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in >/home/www/allteck/shop/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

>Unable to connect to database server!

>

>Anyone in here knowing what I'm doing wrong here?

>

>Thanks, Tjeerd

Wow! I can not believe I ran into this contribution! I have been trying to get my stuff on froogle and have had a headache trying to build an acceptable database. This will be perfect.... if I can figure out what you mean by things like full path to directory with 777... etc. not a programer, I know my froogle info, but where do I find all these paths?

:-"

How do you know you  have a tab ? is there an error in the output text file ?

It makes me wonder since I have tables in some of my product descriptions for the product specifications.

Also how do you know the products are all getting into froogle ?, just do some product searches.

My Webpage

Jimmy

Look in the output file for the product which has the extra tab (it will have one extra field in), then got to your product description in osc admin, and check at the end of every line for a tab(blank space).

Delete any tabs and then recall the php, and you should now have a nice tab-free file to upload!

Wow! I can not believe I ran into this contribution! I have been trying to get my stuff on froogle and have had a headache trying to build an acceptable database. This will be perfect.... if I can figure out what you mean by things like full path to directory with 777... etc. not a programer, I know my froogle info, but where do I find all these paths?

:-"

The options below take into account that the osc catalog file is in /wwwroot/, and that froogle.php is in ur admin folder, and the output file is in a folder named feeds which will be /catalog/feeds/...

Try this....

$OutFile = "../feeds/NAME_OF_YOUR_TEXT_FILE.txt"; //Change to your text file name

$destination_file = "NAME_OF_YOUR_TEXT_FILE_YOU_WANT.txt"; //Change to the filename you want to upload to Froogle....should be same as filename above

$source_file = $OutFile;

$imageURL = 'http://www.YOUR_STORE.com/catalog/images/';

$productURL = 'http://www.YOUR_STORE.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=';

$already_sent = array();

That should help you out

Steve

for us to help you, you should post the top 10 lines or so of your froogle data feed. what is your default language being used?

Not sure if this Contrib is being supported anymore?

Sounds great maybe but it doesn't work for me as mentioned above. :(

Mine has uploaded fine to froogle....i uploaded it abouit a week ago and it has now been approved.

NOTE: IF YOUR IMAGE NAME HAS ANY SPACES IN IT, THEN FROOGLE WILL SHOW A 'IMAGE UNAVAILABLE'

I have no problem uploading to froogle. the feed works just fine... but as you said, i get an "image unavailable" message.

for us to help you, you should post the top 10 lines or so of your froogle data feed.  what is your default language being used?

Hey Mibble, long time no hear from, Hia!

Well as mentioned in my post (4 or 5 above this), this contrib needs to do the above things including trim descriptions (it includes all the specs and everything from the item which in html looks fine, here.. not so good.

Hang on here's my first couple of items..

product_url   name   description   price   image_url   category   offer_id
http://www.gokartsrus.com/product_info.php?products_id=28	Bandit Go Cart	Manco 4hp Youth Go Cart   The all new single seat Manco Bandit 104Bis the perfect go-cart for the little beginneraged 6-11 years. Speed reduced to around10mph for safety it's the perfect way toget started. The smaller sized frame makesit easy to maneuver, plus the seat is adjustableto make sure the controls are in the rightposition. 4hp dependable 4 cycle SubabruRobin Engine for a clean  No oil & gas mixture ! The engine has an industry leading 3 Yearwarranty also. This is the absolute bestgo cart for starting a youth in the powersports fun cart industry and if your concernedabout your childs safety this is your onlysure-safe choice.  Made in USA FREE Go-Cart Specs   E  ngine      Type Air Cooled, 4-cycle, OHV/OHC,4 HP  Displacement 126cc  Power (BHP @ RPM) 4.0 @3200  Torque (FT-LBS. @ RPM) 5.9 @2800Starting System Recoil  Fuel Capacity 2.5 quarts  Oil Capacity 1.3 Pints  Spark Plugs Champion RL86C NGK BR6HS  Transmission     Type Torque Enhanced CentrifugalClutch  Drive Dual wheel drive  Chain size 3/8" pitch .. . NC35  Tires & Wheels    Front and Rear 4.1-3.5 x 4"Knobby,Steel Rim  Frame     Type 1" HREW Steel tubeFinish Baked Powder Coat  Suspension    -none- Brake     Type-foot operated 4" BandPerformance    Maximum speed, approx. 10 MPHFuel consumption, approx. 30-50MPG  Terrain Firm, flat to gentlysloped  Special Features    Seat Adjustable single seat  Engine stop switch In steeringwheel  Custom bars 1" Full BrushBars Restraint System Lap Belt  Safety Whip Flag    Dimensions    Curb weight 152 lbs.  Maximum rider weight 125 lbs.Gross vehicle weight 277 lbs.Vehicle-overall 62"L x 33"Wx 44"HSeat to pedals-adjustable 24"or 29"Target Market 6-11 years oldAvailable Colors:     YELLOW     Go-Cart Warranty   3 years        Engine warranty by Robin/Subaru90 days    Frame, brush bars, spindles,seat frame.30 days    All other components  General exclusions     This warranty does not coverfailures causedby the following: Accident orcollision damage;Abnormal Strain, neglect, orabuse; Improperassembly of parts included inthe factorysealed carton; Improper maintenanceor use,such as: Competition or racing,Concessionor rental.  Specific Exclusions    This warranty does not applyto normal wearitems, including but not limitedto: thetires, centrifugal clutch, brakelining,throttle cable, chain, belts,seat, fasteners,or decals.  See operator?s manual    For detailed warranty information.Color,graphics and/or specificationssubject tochange without notice. Vehiclesnot for race/rentaltrack use.  Go-Cart Notes   ? Unit comes 95% pre-assembled. Very minorassembly only, usually way less than an hourwith normal household tools. Please readand understand your owners & safety manual,view your safety video tape (included) andthen get ready for some major fun! ? Speed and range specs are averaged,yourratings & experience maydiffer slightly. Warning!  Go Carts can be hazardous to operate. Failureto understand and follow Warningsand Instructionsfor the safe use and maintenanceof thisproduct may result in Death orInjury! Foryour safety: Always wear an approvedhelmet,eye protection and protectiveclothing. Avoidstationary objects and obstaclesthat createthe potential for collision.Avoid excessivespeed and be particularly carefulon difficultterrain. Never carry passengers.Never engagein stunt riding, jumping, oroperate thevehicle under the influence ofdrugs or alcohol.Go Carts are for off road useonly! Competentadult supervision is recommendedwhen childrenare operating the vehicle. Checkstate andlocal laws for legal operation.Read Operator?sManual and watch Safety Video.Go-Karts Rus assumes no responsibilitiesor liabilitiesfrom the use or mis-use of thisor any ofour listings sold on this site. Manco Go-Carts comply with all standardsfor safety and performance per ANSI/SVIA-2001.  Manufacturer & Parts    Manco Power Sports is the oldest and largestmanufacturer of off-roadfun-karts, scooters,mini-bikes, dirt bikes,ATVs and mini-kars.Located in Fort Wayne,Indiana, Manco hasmanufactured and sold overone million vehiclesworldwide during the past32 years.  Manco go-karts are designed for safe off-roadfun and performance. Specialfeatures makeManco Power Sports thestandout of the industry.We manufacture a largevariety of productsmade for a wide range ofage and experiencelevels; that gives us theability to giveour customers the bestproduct for theirneeds. While Manco sellsrecreational off-roadproducts, we also promotesafety. Makingsafe products for all ages6 and up is foremostin every product we make.Manco offers unmatchedproduct safety with ourcommitment to cuttingedge design, developmentand testing.   All  Manco Parts available here!      To Order Parts:   Use your breakdown illustration manual thatcame with your machine(or download yourmodels manual in our   Forum  ). Once you have found the part #'s you need> click on "  Parts Dept  ." (use Categories menu located in upperleft corner of this page).Then click "  Manco Parts  ", look for your proper Sub-categorythat encapsulates your part #. All partsare purchased with the shops normal shoppingcart system. Pretty easy huh? Well we hearall the time how hard it is to order or evenfind parts from other sites, we here at Go-KartsR us have changed these rules. It's now..."easy parts, easy pick'ens!" 	 749.00	http://www.gokartsrus.com/images/104_R.JPG	Go Carts <i>Yard</i>	28 
http://www.gokartsrus.com/product_info.php?products_id=29	Eliminator Go Cart	Manco 5hp 2-Seat Go Cart   The brand new Intruder model 435B features a heavy duty gear box that will outlast any competitors entry level go-cart. This Manco model 435B Go Cart brings a fast and exciting look to the Entry Level 2-seat category go-carts. With a whole new design featuring high colorgraphics, side panels, curved dash, thicklypadded contoured seats and overhead headrests,this new cart screams  hot!  and it gets powered by the formidable 5hpRobin/Subaru OHV/OHC engine for long lifeand strong performance. The powerplant featuresa 3-year warranty that is kindly servicedby almost any reputable small engine shopnationwide!  Made in USA FREE Go-Cart Specs    Engine     Type Robin, Air cooled, 4-cycle,OHV/OHC,5 HP, single cylinder  Displacement 126 cc  Power (BHP @ RPM) 5.0 @ 4000Torque (FT-LBS. @ RPM) 5.9 @2800  Starting System Recoil  Carburetion Float with primeAir filtration Pleated papercartridge  Ignition Electronic  Lubrication Splash  Exhaust System Aluminized mufflerwith heatshield  Oil Capacity 1.3 pints  Spark Plugs Champion RL86C NGK BR6HS  Fuel Capacity .66 gallons  Transmission     Type-Centrifugal clutch Singleratio  Chain size-3/8" pitch NC35  Tires & Wheels    Low pressure knobby, 6"steel rim 145/70x 6"  Frame     Type-heavy gauge, jig welded1" HREWSteel  Finish Baked powder coat  Suspension     monor, front springs only Brake     Type-foot operated 4" drumwith parkingbrake  Performance     Max speed, approx. 22-24 MPHFuel consumption 30-50 MPG  Terrain Flat to gently slopedSpecial Features   Seat Dual seat with adjustableslide  Restraint system Three-pointshoulder/lapbelts  Engine stop switch In steeringwheel  Brush bars 1" HREW SteelSafety Whip flag  Dimensions    Curb weight 224 lbs.  Maximum rider weight 250 lbs.Gross vehicle weight 474 lbs.Vehicle-overall 61.25"Lx 40.25"Wx 48"H  Seat to pedals 33.5"-37"Target Market 12+  Available Colors:     YELLOW     Go Cart Warranty   3 years          Engine warranty by Robin/Subaru90 days    Frame, brush bars, spindles,seat frame.30 days    All other components  General exclusions    This warranty does not coverfailures causedby the following: Accident orcollision damage;Abnormal Strain, neglect, orabuse; Improperassembly of parts included inthe factorysealed carton; Improper maintenanceor use,such as: Competition or racing,Concessionor rental.  Specific Exclusions   This warranty does not applyto normal wearitems, including but not limitedto: thetires, centrifugal clutch, brakelining,throttle cable, chain, belts,seat, fasteners,or decals.  See operator?s manual     For detailed warranty information.Color,graphics and/or specificationssubject tochange without notice. Vehiclesnot for race/rentaltrack use.     Go-Cart Notes    ? Unit comes 95% pre-assembled. Very minorassembly only, usually way less than an hourwith normal household tools. Please readand understand your owners & safety manual,view your safety video tape (included) andthen get ready for some major fun! ? Speed and range specs are averaged,yourratings & experience maydiffer slightly. Warning!  Go Carts can be hazardous to operate. Failureto understand and follow Warningsand Instructionsfor the safe use and maintenanceof thisproduct may result in Death orInjury! Foryour safety: Always wear an approvedhelmet,eye protection and protectiveclothing. Avoidstationary objects and obstaclesthat createthe potential for collision.Avoid excessivespeed and be particularly carefulon difficultterrain. Never carry passengers.Never engagein stunt riding, jumping, oroperate thevehicle under the influence ofdrugs or alcohol.Go Carts are for off road useonly! Competentadult supervision is recommendedwhen childrenare operating the vehicle. Checkstate andlocal laws for legal operation.Read Operator?sManual and watch Safety Video.Go-Karts Rus assumes no responsibilitiesor liabilitiesfrom the use or mis-use of thisor any ofour listings sold on this site. Manco Go Carts comply with all standardsfor safety and performance per ANSI/SVIA-2001.  Manufacturer & Parts   Manco Power Sports is the oldest and largestmanufacturer of off-roadfun-karts, scooters,mini-bikes, dirt bikes,ATVs and mini-kars.Located in Fort Wayne,Indiana, Manco hasmanufactured and sold overone million vehiclesworldwide during the past32 years.  Manco go-karts are designed for safe off-roadfun and performance. Specialfeatures makeManco Power Sports thestandout of the industry.We manufacture a largevariety of productsmade for a wide range ofage and experiencelevels; that gives us theability to giveour customers the bestproduct for theirneeds. While Manco sellsrecreational off-roadproducts, we also promotesafety. Makingsafe products for all ages6 and up is foremostin every product we make.Manco offers unmatchedproduct safety with ourcommitment to cuttingedge design, developmentand testing.   All  Manco Parts available here!      To Order Parts:   Use your breakdown illustration manual thatcame with your machine(or download yourmodels manual in our   Forum  ). Once you have found the part #'s you need> click on "  Parts Dept  ." (use Categories menu located in upperleft corner of this page).Then click "  Manco Parts  ", look for your proper Sub-categorythat encapsulates your part #. All partsare purchased with the shops normal shoppingcart system. Pretty easy huh? Well we hearall the time how hard it is to order or evenfind parts from other sites, we here at Go-KartsR us have changed these rules. It's now..."easy parts, easy pick'ens!" 	 1,199.00	http://www.gokartsrus.com/images/435Elim_R.jpg	Go Carts <i>Yard</i>	29 
http://www.gokartsrus.com/product_info.php?products_id=30	Eliminator SS Go-Carts	Manco 5hp 2-Seat SS Go-Carts   The SS (super-sport) model takes the popularlittle brother "Eliminator model"and adds a 6.5hp Robin/Subaru high performanceengine and dual halogen headlight/runninglights for those looking for a little morepunch and safety day/night visability. Thesame graphics featuring the "Funny Car"style side exhaust headers make the kartlook fast just sitting still! Great step-upto the Eliminator base model with only anengine upgrade price! ...that means the headlightpackage is tin-roof! (thats on the house,free, no chargo or whatever term you like..its simply the best value in a 2-seater youthstyle go-cart on the market today!  Made in USA FREE Go-Cart Specs    Engine      Type Robin, Air cooled, 4-cycle,OHV/OHC,5 HP, single cylinder  Displacement 169 cc  Power (BHP @ RPM) 6.5 @ 4000Torque (FT-LBS. @ RPM) 8.3 @2800  Starting System Recoil  Carburetion Float with primeAir filtration Pleated papercartridge  Ignition Electronic  Lubrication Splash  Exhaust System Aluminized mufflerwith heatshield  Oil Capacity 1.3 pints  Spark Plugs Champion RL86C NGK BR6HS  Fuel Capacity .66 gallons  Transmission     Type-Centrifugal clutch Singleratio  Chain size-3/8" pitch NC35  Tires & Wheels    Low pressure knobby, 6"steel rim 145/70x 6"  Frame     Type-heavy gauge, jig welded1" HREWSteel  Finish Baked powder coat  Suspension     monor, front springs only Brake    Type-foot operated 4" drumwith parkingbrake  Performance     Max speed, approx. 22-24 MPHFuel consumption 30-50 MPG  Terrain Flat to gently slopedSpecial Features    Seat Dual seat with adjustableslide  Restraint system Three-pointshoulder/lapbelts  Engine stop switch In steeringwheel  Brush bars 1" HREW SteelLights Dual running lights  Safety Whip flag  Dimensions     Curb weight 246 lbs.  Maximum rider weight 250 lbs.Gross vehicle weight 496 lbs.Vehicle-overall 61.25"Lx 40.25"Wx 48"H  Seat to pedals 33.5"-37"Target Market 12+  Available Colors:     RED     Go-Cart Warranty   3 years    Engine warranty by Robin/Subaru90 days    Frame, brush bars, spindles,seat frame.30 days    All other components  General exclusions    This warranty does not coverfailures causedby the following: Accident orcollision damage;Abnormal Strain, neglect, orabuse; Improperassembly of parts included inthe factorysealed carton; Improper maintenanceor use,such as: Competition or racing,Concessionor rental.  Specific Exclusions   This warranty does not applyto normal wearitems, including but not limitedto: thetires, centrifugal clutch, brakelining,throttle cable, chain, belts,seat, fasteners,or decals.  See operator?s manual    For detailed warranty information.Color,graphics and/or specificationssubject tochange without notice. Vehiclesnot for race/rentaltrack use.  Go-Cart Notes   ? Unit comes 95% pre-assembled. Very minorassembly only, usually way less than an hourwith normal household tools. Please readand understand your owners & safety manual,view your safety video tape (included) andthen get ready for some major fun! ? Speed and range specs are averaged,yourratings & experience maydiffer slightly. Warning!  Go Carts can be hazardous to operate. Failureto understand and follow Warnings and Instructionsfor the safe use and maintenance of thisproduct may result in Death or Injury! Foryour safety: Always wear an approved helmet,eye protection and protective clothing. Avoidstationary objects and obstacles that createthe potential for collision. Avoid excessivespeed and be particularly careful on difficultterrain. Never carry passengers. Never engagein stunt riding, jumping, or operate thevehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol.Go Carts are for off road use only! Competentadult supervision is recommended when childrenare operating the vehicle. Check state andlocal laws for legal operation. Read Operator?sManual and watch Safety Video. Go-Karts Rus assumes no responsibilities or liabilitiesfrom the use or mis-use of this or any ofour listings sold on this site. Manco Go-Carts comply with all standardsfor safety and performance per ANSI/SVIA-2001.  Manufacturer & Parts   Manco Power Sports is the oldest and largestmanufacturer of off-roadfun-karts, scooters,mini-bikes, dirt bikes,ATVs and mini-kars.Located in Fort Wayne,Indiana, Manco hasmanufactured and sold overone million vehiclesworldwide during the past32 years.  Manco go-karts are designed for safe off-roadfun and performance. Specialfeatures makeManco Power Sports thestandout of the industry.We manufacture a largevariety of productsmade for a wide range ofage and experiencelevels; that gives us theability to giveour customers the bestproduct for theirneeds. While Manco sellsrecreational off-roadproducts, we also promotesafety. Makingsafe products for all ages6 and up is foremostin every product we make.Manco offers unmatchedproduct safety with ourcommitment to cuttingedge design, developmentand testing.   All  Manco Parts available here!      To Order Parts:   Use your breakdown illustration manual thatcame with your machine(or download yourmodels manual in our   Forum  ). Once you have found the part #'s you need> click on "  Parts Dept  ." (use Categories menu located in upperleft corner of this page).Then click "  Manco Parts  ", look for your proper Sub-categorythat encapsulates your part #. All partsare purchased with the shops normal shoppingcart system. Pretty easy huh? Well we hearall the time how hard it is to order or evenfind parts from other sites, we here at Go-KartsR us have changed these rules. It's now..."easy parts, easy pick'ens!" 	 1,249.00	http://www.gokartsrus.com/images/426_R.JPG	Go Carts <i>Yard</i>	30

Thanks for any insight! I hope this Contrib can be fixed so it is acceptable to large descriptions etc.

--KJ

define('PROJECTS', 'Something that goes on forever!');

Hi everyone, here's my qualm... i have installed the froogle data feeder for my clients, but some of the clients are uploading images with spaces in the filenames.  That apparantly is a problem for froogle because the images won't show up in their product listings if there are spaces in the image filenames.

What can be done about changing the datafeeder that when capturing the image filename, it runs through it, checks it for spaces, and replaces the space with %20.  Browsers automatically replaces spaces with %20, but not froogle.

Here's a sample image URL sent to froogle:

http://www.arrowsicislandpottery.com/images/White mouse w red web.jpg

Here's the image URL FIXED.  THis is what SHOULD be sent to froogle:

http://www.arrowsicislandpottery.com/images/White%20mouse%20w%20red%20web.jpg

Can someone help me figure out how to change the datafeeder code to implement this??

Thanks.

So after getting some advice, i changed the code from:

$row->image_url . "/t" .

to

urlencode($row->image_url) . "\t" .

This fixed my problem...... all too well. It got me my %20 in the feed output text file, but it also change the forward-slashes and the colon to their symbol codes. i ONLY want to replace the spaces in this string with %20. I've gotten other advice to use the preg_replace() function. Would that work? Anyone know how to set that up correctly?

I've uploaded this contrib but none of the products are showing up in my .txt file. It is empty. What am I doing wrong? I've changed all the text as advised in the froogle.php file.

When I go to http://www.bare-essensuals.com/catalog/admin/froogle.php it says it creates the file but when I look at the file it is empty. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

mcilpuf

I've installed the Froogle data feeder, but have a problem. When I run froogle.php it says that it has created the file I specified, but in actual fact it hasn't. No errors pop up, the file is simply not created.

this is the bit out of the froogle.php file that creates the file (or should):

$OutFile = "/home/worldwid/public_html/feeds/worldwidewonders.txt"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";
$destination_file = "worldwidewonders.txt"; ?//"CHANGEME-filename-to-upload-to-froogle.txt";
$source_file = $OutFile;
$imageURL = 'http://www.worldwidewonders.co.uk/images/';
$productURL = 'http://www.worldwidewonders.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=';
$already_sent = array();

Seems alright to me, but still no file is created in the /feeds/ directory. The directory has been chmodded 777, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

Does anybody have an idea why the file is not created?

Thanks,

Edited by RojanUK

RojanUK

I've made some progress. By changing froogle.php to the following:

$OutFile = "/feeds/worldwidewonders.txt"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";
$destination_file = "worldwidewonders.txt";  //"CHANGEME-filename-to-upload-to-froogle.txt";
$source_file = $OutFile;
$imageURL = 'http://www.worldwidewonders.co.uk/images/';
$productURL = 'http://www.worldwidewonders.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=';
$already_sent = array();

the file worldwidewonders.txt now gets created and filled. Despite that, froogle.php now gives me a list of error messages:

Warning: fopen(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/feeds/worldwidewonders.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/worldwid/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/worldwid/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 301

Warning: fopen(/feeds/worldwidewonders.txt): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/worldwid/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 301

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/worldwid/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 302

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/worldwid/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 303
File completed: worldwidewonders.txt

Warning: chmod(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/feeds/worldwidewonders.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/worldwid/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/worldwid/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 305

So a little progress, but not quite there yet. Can anybody help me out here?

Thanks!

RojanUK

I have also tried the full URL:

$OutFile = "http://www.worldwidewonders.co.uk/feeds/worldwidewonders.txt"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";

But that causes errors too. I do have a .txt file filled with products and aparently in the right directory, but when I look in the directory it's empty. So I have no idea where he gets the info from.

RojanUK

Solved the errors. This was the trouble:

$OutFile = "../feeds/worldwidewonders.txt"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";

The two dots in front of /feeds/.

However, the strange thing is now that it says it has created the file. If I click on it I can SEE the entries in the file, I can upload and it says it has uploaded perfectly... but when I look in the feeds directory there is no file and when I look in the froogle merchant account uploads there's not file there either. :huh:

So no errors:

Connected to hedwig.google.com, for user worldwid
Uploaded ../feeds/worldwidewonders.txt to hedwig.google.com as worldwidewonders.txt

When I click on http://www.worldwidewonders.co.uk/feeds/worldwidewonders.txt I see:

product_url  name  description  price  image_url  category  offer_id
http://www.worldwidewonders.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=30Lloytron Rechargable Ni-Cad Batteries AA

etc..

all my products. But there is NO file in the feeds directory and nothing has been uploaded to froogle.

I'm very much open for suggestions...

RojanUK

I can see the file in the feeds directory, so you are creating the file. Check your transmission to Froogle, but it may take them some time to acknowledge that it has been received.

Solved the errors. This was the trouble:

$OutFile = "../feeds/worldwidewonders.txt"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";

The two dots in front of /feeds/.

However, the strange thing is now that it says it has created the file. If I click on it I can SEE the entries in the file, I can upload and it says it has uploaded perfectly... but when I look in the feeds directory there is no file and when I look in the froogle merchant account uploads there's not file there either.  :huh:

So no errors:

Connected to hedwig.google.com, for user worldwid
Uploaded ../feeds/worldwidewonders.txt to hedwig.google.com as worldwidewonders.txt

When I click on http://www.worldwidewonders.co.uk/feeds/worldwidewonders.txt I see:

product_url ?name ?description ?price ?image_url ?category ?offer_id
http://www.worldwidewonders.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=30Lloytron Rechargable Ni-Cad Batteries AA

etc..

all my products. But there is NO file in the feeds directory and nothing has been uploaded to froogle.

I'm very much open for suggestions...

I can see the file in the feeds directory, so you are creating the file. Check your transmission to Froogle, but it may take them some time to acknowledge that it has been received.

Yeah, when I commented the FTP bit out and ran froogle.php again the file appeared in the feeds directory. Then I uncommented the ftp bit again and uploaded the file to Froogle. At least, I think I did. According to the merchants center they are still waiting for my first upload, but I can't see anything going wrong here.

I know that it might take some time for the products to appear in Froogle, but does it take some time for the uploaded file to appear pending in the Merchants Center as well?

RojanUK