• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Hi,

I've trawled though a lot of this list but can't find the inrofmation I'm looking for. I'm sure it's there but the words start to swim before my eyes after a while!

I have 2 issues:

1) Froogle doesn't like my feed because some of my products are services (warranties, webhosting etc). How do I exclude certain categories from the feed?

2) Froogle doesn't like the fact that I have 'Duplicate items' ie items with the same name. I know that I should really go through and change their names but there's hundreds of them (eg Ink Cartridge or black toner). Is there any way around this? Could the feed maybe add the product model number to the name when uploading?

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Regards

Peter

I just uploaded the froogle feeder and I am getting an error writing to the file. does anyone knwo what this means? (I tried the bizrate one too and got the same error):

Warning: fopen(../frooglefeeds/momentsofelegance.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/ashleylr/momentsofelegance.com/admin/froogle.php on line 301

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hsphere/local/home/ashleylr/momentsofelegance.com/admin/froogle.php on line 302

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hsphere/local/home/ashleylr/momentsofelegance.com/admin/froogle.php on line 303

File completed: momentsofelegance.txt

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/ashleylr/momentsofelegance.com/admin/froogle.php on line 305

Script timer: 0.583559 seconds.

ppollock: there's no easy way, you'd have to find the necessary variables that control the categories and till the feeder to exclude them. appending the model number shouldn't be hard, just go in the file and do it.

ashleylr: that question was just answered, just look back a couple of pages.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

preliminary design testing completed, it works for mutliple feeders now and optimizes performance. it still needs the interface, documentation, a bit of code reorganization, clean up, debugging, and more testing of course. no beta release is expected for a while, until a few of those things are completed. feeder systems 2.0 improves performance by abstracting similar code and running it just once in the system rather than for each individual feeder.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

This is what happened when I ran froogle.php in my browser

Warning: fopen(http://store.jandjspeedshop.com/feeds/jandjspeedshop.txt): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in /home/jandjspd/public_html/store/admin/froogle.php on line 301

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/jandjspd/public_html/store/admin/froogle.php on line 302

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/jandjspd/public_html/store/admin/froogle.php on line 303
File completed: jandjspeedshop.txt

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/jandjspd/public_html/store/admin/froogle.php on line 305

Script timer: 0.526789 seconds.

Okay what am I doing wrong. This is very new to me and I am bad with directions cause no of this stuff makes sense to me.

Thanks

Edited by JnJSpdShop

This is what happened when I ran froogle.php in my browser

Warning: fopen(http://store.jandjspeedshop.com/feeds/jandjspeedshop.txt): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in /home/jandjspd/public_html/store/admin/froogle.php on line 301

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/jandjspd/public_html/store/admin/froogle.php on line 302

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/jandjspd/public_html/store/admin/froogle.php on line 303
File completed: jandjspeedshop.txt

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/jandjspd/public_html/store/admin/froogle.php on line 305

Script timer: 0.526789 seconds.

Put your feeds directory OUTSIDE your shop catalog !!!!!!!

I've spent 2 hours on it to find out...

Bruno

Okay what am I doing wrong.  This is very new to me and I am bad with directions cause no of this stuff makes sense to me.

Thanks

Hi

I think i followed the instructions to the letter, but i am getting the following errors:

Warning: fopen(http//www.ukgadgetsdirect.co.uk/feeds/ukgadgetsdirect_co_uk.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/iimdfjwt/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 301

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/iimdfjwt/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 302

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/iimdfjwt/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 303

File completed: ukgadgetsdirect_co_uk.txt

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/iimdfjwt/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 305

Script timer: 0.607069 seconds.

Edited by pauldarthvader

Regards

Paul

Hi Again

I thought the error may have been the missing colon in the address. When i added the colon i get the following errors:

Warning: fopen(http://www.ukgadgetsdirect.co.uk/feeds/ukgadgetsdirect_co_uk.txt): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in /home/iimdfjwt/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 301

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/iimdfjwt/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 302

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/iimdfjwt/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 303

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/iimdfjwt/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 305

Script timer: 0.614818 seconds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Paul

by looking at this part:

that means the file is created however it can not write the file to your server. thus there is either a path problem and you chmod the wrong directory, or in yoyur froogle file it is pointing to something else.

by looking at this part:

that means the file is created however it can not write the file to your server.  thus there is either a path problem and you chmod the wrong directory, or in yoyur froogle file it is pointing to something else.

Hi should this line look like this

$OutFile = "http://www.ukgadgetsdirect.co.uk/feeds/"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";

Or should it contain the filename too?

Or should it look like this

/home/iimdfjwt/public_html/feeds/

Thanks for trying to help.

Paul

Regards

Paul

Well i got it working.

For anyone else having the same errors, use

/home/*******/public_html/........

Put in your server user name where the****** are and complete the address to the folder and file.

Off to try my first upload now.

Paul

Regards

Paul

Not all servers have that same address as yours. You will need to check with your server admin for the direct server path to your directory if you do not know it.

A few quick ways of getting this info:

1) Go into your C-Panel and look somewhere on the left side to wards the bottom. It should show your sendmail path and the path to your site along with the path to your PERL.

2) In your FTP program, it should state the web root directory structure in some type of address line above the directory listings. If not, there should be a way to turn that on in your FTP program's settings / options.

For instance, at http://www.popthetop.com the path looks like this...

/home/usr/server4/popthet/public_html/.....

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Hi,

I've just Froogle Data Feeder v1.61 and the export only has blank values for the name and description. I've tracked it down to a few lines of code.

$output .= $row->product_url . "\t" .
 preg_replace($_strip_search, $_strip_replace, strip_tags( strtr($row->name, $_cleaner_array) ) ) . "\t" .
       preg_replace($_strip_search, $_strip_replace, strip_tags( strtr($row->description, $_cleaner_array) ) ) . "\t" .
. . . . .

If I just remove the sanitizing

$output .= $row->product_url . "\t" .
 $row->name . "\t" .
       $row->description . "\t" .

the fields do show up in the export. I've tried working a little with the strings in $_strip_search and $_strip_replace but the export still excludes the name and description.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Here's an enhancement some people may find useful:

It helps to have a tracking code attached to your product URLs if you plan to use a stats program to track your leads from Froogle or other shopping search engines. This is helpful on Froogle to determine what the true source of traffic from a Google search engine results page is (Google natural search result, Adwords, or Froogle).

To do this, look for

$sql = "

SELECT concat(

then change the concat to

( '" . $productURL . "' ,products.products_id,'/?source=froogle&kw=',products.products_id) AS product_url,

Stats programs capable of tracking conversions will then be able to parse the tracking code apart, thus report on clicks and sales through froogle, and what products generated those clicks and sales.

A resulting product URL should look something like this:

I've set this up based on using the URL rewrite. If you don't use the URL rewrite feature, change the /? before source to &