• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Just wanted to say Thanks Calvin for the GREAT Mod. We all owe you a ton of thanks!

I just finished reading all 45 pages and My Eyes feel like they are going to explode.

Also wanted to say I just hope that CRAZY person than sent you all the e-mails doesn't know where you live ;) We all have your back.

A few other comments..

I have been uploading to froogle for over a year now and noticed that I have to log in before I upload a feed, Do you have to do this with the AutoUpload?

Also I was wondering if there were the files needed for shopping.php amazon.php ect or do we just need to hack around a little on the froogle.php files?

Again Calvin THANK YOU!

Hey Calvin, just a note to tell you how this is one of the most fantastic pieces of work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been struggling with fighting EP to get rid of product duplicates for a while, actually hadn't put that much time into yet, when I finally realised there was another Froogle tool. This one. And it already does the job for me. this deals with an issue a client of mine was having and the next time I acutally get paid, I will share some with you! Great contrib, and thanks for offering your services to the community. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I got to step 7 and this is what I get. Any ideas?

Warning: fopen(http://www.wescotools.com/admin/feeds/wescotools.txt): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in /home/wesco/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 291

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/wesco/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 292

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/wesco/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 293

Warning: fopen(http://www.wescotools.com/admin/feeds/wescotools.txt): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in /home/wesco/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 299

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/wesco/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 300

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/wesco/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 301

File completed: wescotools.txt

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/wesco/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 303

Script timer: 0.976463 seconds

Thanks Will

Concerning products_description and the stripping of html tags to the froogle.txt file... All of my products_descriptions are in html and use stylesheets as well as a table I've created to select incremental quantities for purchase. Is my description useless to froogle, or can the html, stylesheet and animation.js (functionality for the table) be included?

If not, how difficult would it be to create a new DB entry for 'froogle_description' and copy the basic descriptions so that Froogle Auto Data Feed pulls that field rather than the 'product_description' field.

Check out this page of my site to see what I'm referring to about the table.

(Still in development)

HousewareWarehouse

Thanks,

ArtistRich

The HTML is stripped from the description automatically by the Froogle Data Feeder, so there shouldn't be any major issues.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Just wanted to say Thanks Calvin for the GREAT Mod. We all owe you a ton of thanks!

I just finished reading all 45 pages and My Eyes feel like they are going to explode.

Also wanted to say I just hope that CRAZY person than sent you all the e-mails doesn't know where you live ;) We all have your back.

A few other comments..

I have been uploading to froogle for over a year now and noticed that I have to log in before I upload a feed, Do you have to do this with the AutoUpload?

Also I was wondering if there were the files needed for shopping.php amazon.php ect or do we just need to hack around a little on the froogle.php files?

Again Calvin THANK YOU!

Your welcome, no the auto upload won't make you log in... inside of the Froogle Data Feeder your FTP passwords are stored, so it does it for you.

There's a couple feeders for other shopping comparision search engines, that i've released.

I have been working on Feeders 2.0 which incorporates an easy way to manage amazon, shopping.com, bizrate, etc... but i haven't been able to touch it due to other client projects and school. I need money to pay for rent and stuff, so unfortantely, this stuff comes last.

Hey Calvin, just a note to tell you how this is one of the most fantastic pieces of work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been struggling with fighting EP to get rid of product duplicates for a while, actually hadn't put that much time into yet, when I finally realised there was another Froogle tool. This one. And it already does the job for me. this deals with an issue a client of mine was having and the next time I acutally get paid, I will share some with you! Great contrib, and thanks for offering your services to the community. Craig :)

Thanks! Great to hear it's working for ya.

I got to step 7 and this is what I get.  Any ideas?

Warning: fopen(http://www.wescotools.com/admin/feeds/wescotools.txt): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in /home/wesco/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 291

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/wesco/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 292

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/wesco/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 293

Warning: fopen(http://www.wescotools.com/admin/feeds/wescotools.txt): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in /home/wesco/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 299

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/wesco/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 300

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/wesco/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 301

File completed: wescotools.txt

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/wesco/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 303

Script timer: 0.976463 seconds

Thanks Will

Did you create the feeds directory and CHMOD it?

Do you'll know why only my froogle .txt file that is created only created 1001 lines of data so therefore it is only doing 1,000 products and i have almost 3,000 in my store. How do I go about changing where it will export all products please?

By Default it creates a file with all active products, you'll need to enable the advance optional features to create a file with all of the products.

Error the data base does not exist

i can't get past this....i've put in my database:

$home = "localhost" ;

$user="ballpark_XX";

$pass="XX";

$base=" ballpark_osc2";

Make sure all of the information is correct... most likely the $home variable is incorrect. Try "mysql" or contact your host.

Just a note for the future, I would try keep that information private.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

I'm working with v1.6. Any Ideas why the Specials price is not being used? Is there any that needs to be done to make it pick up the specials price? I searched through the posts but can't find any thing other than currency conversion. Any help is greatly appreciated, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

By Default it creates a file with all active products, you'll need to enable the advance optional features to create a file with all of the products.

How do I got about doing this Flying Monkey? I thought it would automatically show everything?

Please help me ASAP!!

Also only like 45 of my products show up on froogle, and it comes back with no errors.

I'm working with v1.6. Any Ideas why the Specials price is not being used? Is there any that needs to be done to make it pick up the specials price? I searched through the posts but can't find any thing other than currency conversion. Any help is greatly appreciated, Craig :)

Are your specials active and not expired? The froogle data feeder checks for these... that reminds me i have to release a new version.

Froogle Data Feeder v1.61

Released By: Calvin K

------------------------

Date: February 6, 2005

Description: Creates and automatically sends a data feed to Froogle, to provide product information and pictures. This Froogle Data Feeder, handles product duplicates, specials(if available), currency conversion, tax support, html descriptions, full category trees, and automatic upload. In addition, the Froogle Data Feeder supports advance feeds. With the advance feed option enabled and the "instock" field enabled, it will create a feed with all of the products. Without the advance feed option enabled, it will only submit in stock items. Download Now!

Forum Thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ic=71088&st=386 (aka FlyingMonkey on the forums)

How do I got about doing this Flying Monkey? I thought it would automatically show everything?

Please help me ASAP!!

Also only like 45 of my products show up on froogle, and it comes back with no errors.

Read Step 4 of the installation guide.

I have products in more than one category, so with the old contribution, it would list the products multiple times. I would have to manually delete the duplicate as froogle naturally doesn't want duplicates. Will this contribution export just one listing, or more than one if the product is in more than one category?

Edited by kepa

There is no old contribution that I am aware of.... other than the one included with EP. This one from the start has not duplicated products.

As a General Note: Please read the contribution descriptions and/or the instructions for contributions before posting. About 80% of the questions and or problems encountered asked are included in the information/instructions provided and out of the remaining 20% over 19% has been answered in this topic multiple times. Less than 1% of the questions are unique or new.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

There is no old contribution that I am aware of.... other than the one included with EP.? This one from the start has not duplicated products.

As a General Note:? Please read the contribution descriptions and/or the instructions for contributions before posting.? About 80% of the questions and or problems encountered asked are included in the information/instructions provided and out of the remaining 20% over 19% has been answered in this topic multiple times.? Less than 1% of the questions are unique or new.

I know, I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. I just read the last page back and found the answer. Sorry to everyone. In fact I came back to delete my post when I saw your response. Sorry again.

Edited by kepa

I know, I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking.  I just read the last page back and found the answer.  Sorry to everyone. In fact I came back to delete my post when I saw your response.  Sorry again.

don't worry about it, i didn't mean to target you explicitly. a majority of users just seem to lazy to do a search or read the instructions first.

richhoward: delete the "CHANGEME-" in the setup area.

FlyingMonkey I replaced everything that said to remove the CHANGEME- I even searched every file you had me put in the contribution for this and removed it anywhere. I still dont know what is going on here. I guess I am an idiot. And still only 45 products are showing up in Froogle

Hi there! Great contribution, easy to use. Only glitch is that my full pathname is weird enough so that the auto-URL to check the file before ftping it doesn't work.

Anyway, when I ran the froogle.php, I finally got it to say hedwig accepted the file, and the file is named what I told froogle to expect. However, it's still saying "Awaiting first upload" about an hour after I uploaded it. Is this normal? If so, how long until it says file is accepted?

Thanks,

Susan

Edited by Vger

FlyingMonkey I replaced everything that said to remove the CHANGEME- I even searched every file you had me put in the contribution for this and removed it anywhere. I still dont know what is going on here. I guess I am an idiot. And still only 45 products are showing up in Froogle

Did you rerun the feeder?

aspiringarts: if you've already uploaded it, contact froogle support if nothing happens in the next few days. also i believe forum rules disallow you to have a link to your store in your signature.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

aspiringarts: if you've already uploaded it, contact froogle support if nothing happens in the next few days.  also i believe forum rules disallow you to have a link to your store in your signature.

Calvin, something is happening, it's waiting for review now. I just expected it to automatically show up earlier.

I don't see anything in the forum rules disallowing link to store in signature. I only see link to external site by WWW button; not sure what that means.

Susan