• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Too bad we can't do our signup with Froogle the same way we do with the Post Office. We tell the PO that we are running OsCommerce and it is already tested with their site.

Perhaps the author here can work with Froogle to somehow code an application name in the data and let Froogle semi-automate their side. This could be suggested to "Help Froogle cut costs of looking at every submission" :-)

Ok Found MySimon, it's located at http://www.mysimon.com/4002-5-5099734.html

They sure know how to hide it. Especially when their FAQ's point to the wrong page.

Hey, where do you tell MySimon to scan your site for the file? Is there sometype of sign up you are required to do before hand?

Thanks

Ok, I need a little help. I have no real idea what I'm doing here to set this up.

All I have done so far is set up some passwords & other stuff like that. I'm hoping someone can confirm if this is actually set up correctly.

This is catalog/admin/froogle.php

<?php
//  Start TIMER
//  -----------
$stimer = explode( ' ', microtime() );
$stimer = $stimer[1] + $stimer[0];
//  -----------

$OutFile = "../feeds/5alarmgifts.txt"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";
$destination_file = "5alarmgifts.txt";  //"CHANGEME-filename-to-upload-to-froogle.txt";
$source_file = $OutFile;
$imageURL = 'http://5alarmgifts.netfirms.com/store/nfoscomm/catalog/images/';
$productURL = 'http://5alarmgifts.netfirms.com/store/nfoscomm/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=';
$already_sent = array();

$home = "*******";
$user="*******";
$pass="*******";
$base="*******";

$ftp_server = "ftp://hedwig.google.com";
$ftp_user_name = "***********";
$ftp_user_pass = "********";
$ftp_directory = ""; // leave blank for froogle

$taxRate = 0; //default = 0 (e.g. for 17.5% tax use "$taxRate = 17.5;")
$taxCalc = ($taxRate/100) + 1;  //Do not edit
$convertCur = false; //default = false
$curType = "USD"; // Converts Currency to any defined currency (eg. USD, EUR, GBP)
if($convertCur)
{
$productURL = 'http://5alarmgifts.netfirms.com/store/nfoscomm/catalog/product_info.php?currency=USD&products_id=';  //where CURTYPE is your currency type (eg. USD, EUR, GBP)
}

//START Advance Optional Values

I'm not planning on using the advanced options right now, so I haven't included anything from that part.

I guess the only real thing that I need help with is this portion

$OutFile = "../feeds/5alarmgifts.txt"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";
$destination_file = "5alarmgifts.txt";  //"CHANGEME-filename-to-upload-to-froogle.txt";

I'm really not sure what these are supposed to be. I would appreciate any help that I can get...

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

your full path (document root) to the txt file, ie

/home/username/public_html/catalog/teeds/5alarmgifts.txt and needs 777 permissions

if you dont know where to find your document root, go to the store admin, tools, server info and search for document_root

I know that this is going to be a really stupid question, but do I have to create a feed folder & a 5alarmgifts.txt file? I know that the permission needs to be set, but I guess this is where I'm lost again.....

By the way John, thanks for the quick reply!

I've successfully installed the froogle contribution, and can I say, THANK YOU!

I gave up on Froogle back in February after manually compiling an excel spread sheet and submitting it to Froogle 3 different times till they finally accepted it. Hours and hours of work to have it only last a few weeks.

I installed the froogle and within 15 min, I had my updated froogle feed uploaded and within 6 hours my items were listed.

Now::::

I noticed that any of my items that are more than $1000 are listed as $1. For example, I sell a trailer for $2500 and on Froogle they have it listed as $2.00.

It seems to have rounded off anything greater than $1000 to the closest dollar amount. That is an item that is $8500, lists on froogle for $8.

Any ideas?

Also, when trying to install the program, I can't find a file called "filenames.php."

I've looked in every directory that I can find, and I can't find it. I even created a file called filenames.php and saved it in the directory that it was supposed to be in, but no luck.

I get error messages inside of my control panel when I click on, "Feeder Systems"

File not found (http://mywebsite.com/store/admin/FILENAME_FEEDERS?selected_box=feeders)

Also::

admin\includes\left_column.php

The only file that I can find is column_left.php. I assumed that they were the same and made the changes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Too bad we can't do our signup with Froogle the same way we do with the Post Office. We tell the PO that we are running OsCommerce and it is already tested with their site.

Perhaps the author here can work with Froogle to somehow code an application name in the data and let Froogle semi-automate their side. This could be suggested to "Help Froogle cut costs of looking at every submission" :-)

That would be cool... however there is still the factor of user error in setting up the system for osC.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Ok, so I have created a feeds folder, but the 5alarmgifts.txt file, what do I put into that file? Is it automatically updated with the php files that came with the package?

Now, my other question, there is no link in the admin side of osc - so I'm assuming that this is all done automatically without any assistance from me other then the original set up?

I know that it sounds like I'm asking weird dumb questions, but I just want to ensure that I understand what I'm doing!

Thanks again & Happy holidays to everyone!

yes, creating a feed folder with 777 is better as the main root folder is not 777. if you set your root to 777 then everyone else could write to your folder.

I know that this is going to be a really stupid question, but do I have to create a feed folder & a 5alarmgifts.txt file? I know that the permission needs to be set, but I guess this is where I'm lost again.....

By the way John, thanks for the quick reply!

i didnt read this response. anyway, the file gets created when the froogle feed is executed. and by setting it up via cron, makes it a piece of cake, (answer to your second question)

Ok, so I have created a feeds folder, but the 5alarmgifts.txt file, what do I put into that file? Is it automatically updated with the php files that came with the package?

Now, my other question, there is no link in the admin side of osc - so I'm assuming that this is all done automatically without any assistance from me other then the original set up?

I know that it sounds like I'm asking weird dumb questions, but I just want to ensure that I understand what I'm doing!

Thanks again & Happy holidays to everyone!

RustyACE: Which version are you running?  and do you have the links to files.... to verify this?

Froogle Data Feeder_V160

I don't know how to determine which versionof OSCommerce that I'm using. I installed it last November 2003.

But I can tell you that it doesn't have a "filenames.php" file anywhere.

This is outrageous.... and very discouraging. some person keeps harassing me via e-mail about the Froogle Data Feeder. She claims it's a scam. I created this to give back to the osC community.... I agree some users have difficulties installing the Froogle Data Feeder, but none the less the code is provided free and comes with a fairly easy installation instructions.

Go ahead and report it, as for all of these e-mails?. I am no longer taking the time to read them. In fact? I will post this in the forum.

Calvin Kwan

Sent: Monday, December 27, 2004 2:45 PM

To: Calvin

Subject: Re: oscommerce froogle feeder

well just as I though

it need to be set in sql with its own data base user name and password to be the same as admin which was what I had in the froogle.php any way.

but it need a sql upload for it.

man you did this just to get peoples money to install it for them LOL

what a pathetic little man you are.

LOL

you know in some cause that be fraud what your doing give a code out for free with a miss file that it needs and then con people in to pay you to install for them.

LOL

me Im not the average joe !

if i would had you install it for me for your prices LOL.

and then i checked my phpmyadmin section and show the missing file that was not in your tutorial geesh some one like me could report it in to fraud.org and fbi.org and press charges !

cause that be a schem to get money offen people.

when it could of been free and working all the way with the sql file.

well guess its time to let every one know how the schem works LOL

see ya in the funnies !!

LMFAO

praises they praised you LOL

I see one guys praising you thats it and he also had aerrors with your tutorial and your feeder LOL

and I seen all the others also had problems with it !

specialy one guy he had over 20 errors in his.

Im not saying a data feeder is bad.

thats a good idea.

but to make sure every thing is lay out for tutorial come on now even the first perosn who repplied to you even said in your tutorial you had mistakes in it. LOL

its just this is your code for the data feeder for oscommerce 2.2 M2

the newest version of oscommerce ?

cause look Im only getting a user name and password error from sql cause it !

that means some thing is missing in your froogle data feeder to conntect to oscommerce 2.2 M2 version data base,

and I know my data base user name and password by heart !

I programed the thing for it !

and I know how to use sql to re-edit it and reset the thing to another password or even add a double security level to admin erea if i wish for it.

your missing some thing some place in the code for the new oscommerce 2.2. M2 version.

and I always keep backups of my entire system !

so you thinking I dumb to this stuff try again.

and have you counted for the new contributes such as tax rate speed and the cache speed contributes being use on most osocmmerce sites ?

does your code work with that as well ?

specailly with a moder like my self I see code or new code I can use to make even more speed for this or any thing else.

I will try to edit it or reconfugre it to have max output speed for cache and tax rate in oscommerce !

and so far I edited the tax rate speed to be 5000 xs faster then normal tax rate.

and it helps with the cache speed too.

plus performance well i played with that a bit too.

and got more out of it.

cause you seem to say every one else that used or dowloaded your feeder had no problems with it LOL

your so funny and with BIG fat head LOL

they had loads more problem with your feeder then I do.

I bet if I thought this out more I bet it needs some thing like a data base sql to allow the feeder to use the data base user name and password.

and you didnt add that in your tutorial.

well if I find out thats the reason I will post it on the forums and resubmit a tutorail for the people to use to create a sql file to upload to their data base and add a user name and password for the froogle feeder .

cause thats what I am getting from it wont connect to data base using password yes but it says the rest is wrong.

so that just leaves one thing it needs a sql file for it to use data base user name and password.

the it will work.

you just dont them to know this cause you want them to pay you for installing ti for them.

will if that is case then I will do as I say and you lose out on money from it cause a simple data base for it should fix the error.

oscommerce is free open source so the mods are free too !

if you think I will pay money for this your joking !

and look I got all the other mods from oscommerce to work on my sytem ip & isp recorder and tax rate and fater cache I even modified the tax rate to speed up even more in oscommerce so it work with cache speed.

the problem is not of adding the code in oscomerce the problem is froogle does not support it comes up with link error to froogle and I added in my user name and password for froogle ftp so it should worked fine but since there is peices of code misisng from your tutorial it would not uplink to froogle through ftp !!

only a real ftp program can login to froogle not that !

so get real and I bet you left out the ftp code for that thing to work correctely so you get stupid people to pay you for installing it LOL

well I am not in any major need for it now or any time in the near 10,0000 years from now LMFAO !!

so if I can add the code in my self and get it to work I am not going to give some stranger access to my server or shop to do god knows what in there !!

and to keep my user name and password to the server or my ftp account to my server or to my froogle account LOL

get real I asked a question how to fix it so it would work correctely incase I missed some thing or your missed puting in the correct code so it works in your tutorial.

and I been doing some mods for oscomerce my self and I also got my own webhosting company too and I have customers I give a helping hand to for free for oscommerce.

for mods of oscommerce and for web site tempales.

and for flash MX 2004 and swish.

but I dont charge them for my help cause oscommerce is free open source so i dont beleive any one who makes mods for oscommerce has the right to charge a cent for doing mods or helping some one install a pirce of new code to it.

cause its a free base open source ecommerce program !!

your just trying to take money from the people that dont know any thing about coding !!

and dude I do know some things about coding !!

I built my own programs before and I done mods for games and I created my own websites and tempales.

so what your offering is a joke and your making your self look very low charging people for support on that mod LOL

so see ya and those that do miss or leaving any thing out of their mods for oscommerce 2.2 M2 or any other version I give donations to cause they do a good job and their tutorials are right to the piont how to modify oscommerce with their code to work the way you want it to work.

we see I have a customer to deal with bye,.

your osccommerce froogle feeder does not work !\

I installed it and added it to my oscommerce 2.2 M 2

and it does not work at all I looked for the error it states and I used the correct settings for it for data base and user name and password

and it dont work at all !!

this is what i get and I checked the code on that line it says the error is on.

there is nothing wrong with it

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'ratherko_admin@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/ratherko/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 57

Error when connecting itself to the data base

tell me what to do to fix or your going to make me think and 100 other people think you dont know what your doing with froogle feeders for oscommerce !

I don't understand... how people have enough time to write these page long e-mails, just to complain that they couldn't install a free contribution. As I have mentioned, free support is available via this forum topic.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Froogle Data Feeder_V160

I don't know how to determine which versionof  OSCommerce that I'm using.  I installed it last November 2003.

But I can tell you that it doesn't have a "filenames.php" file anywhere.

The osC version shouldn't matter, I know it's compatible with ms1 and ms2. Do you have the links to the files? so i can take a look at it?

This is outrageous.... and very discouraging. some person keeps harassing me via e-mail about the Froogle Data Feeder. She claims it's a scam. I created this to give back to the osC community.... I agree some users have difficulties installing the Froogle Data Feeder, but none the less the code is provided free and comes with a fairly easy installation instructions.

Calvin,

Regardless of what the poster claims, I think you have put out a great, and COMPLETE, contribution and I thank you for it.

Thanks,

Rick Knight

I'm probqably wrong on th format. On re-reading their feed instructions it just indicates that you mustn't use comma for a decimal point as they do in some European countries. It doesn't specify how to handle thousands but as commas are ignored either 1000 or 1,000 should work.

Edited by radders

people who do things like this just do not know how to use a computer, have no common sense, and shoud stick it.

i know many people who have been able to install this with no problems. all it takes is common sense. thus, my suggestion is to ban them from your email list, where they cant send you any email. the support thread is where they should be posting things. if they cant do this simple application, how on earth did they get osCommerce up?

Do you have the links to the files?? so i can take a look at it?

Which files would you like to link to? Specifically I can't find the filenames.php file.

The other files were placed in the admin directory.

Other files were placed where the help file stated to put them.

The froogle feeder seems to work fine manually, but I can't access it through the "Admin Panel"

The above is the hyperlink that you are directed to when you click on the "Feeder Systems" on the left menu on the Administration Panel. When you click on it, it just loads the generic "this page can't load" message.

PM me and I'll give you the specific files and locations for you to take a look at.

Edited by RustyACE

Thanks everyone for your support. There's always a few people in this world that make things more difficult than they really need to be.

RustyAce: Oh... i was trying to get a look into the feed file to look into the comma issue, but it seems to have cleared up.

The second issue... is you forgot a bit of part 9.

9) For the Feeder System Admin Control Panel (Not Recommended: Optional)

?  a.? Backup:

? ?  admin\includes\left_column.php

? ?  admin\includes\languages/english.php

? ?  admin\includes\filenames.php

?  b.? Add this to your admin\includes\left_column.php:

? ?  //Feeder Systems

? ?  require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'feeders.php');

?  c.? Add this to your admin\includes\languages\english.php:

? ?  //Feeder Systems

? ?  define('BOX_HEADING_FEEDERS', 'Feeder Systems');

? ?  define('BOX_FEEDERS_AMAZON', 'Amazon Marketplace');

? ?  define('BOX_FEEDERS_BIZRATE', 'Biz Rate');

? ?  define('BOX_FEEDERS_FROOGLE', 'Froogle');

? ?  define('BOX_FEEDERS_MYSIMON', 'MySimon');

? ?  define('BOX_FEEDERS_PRICE_GRABBER', 'Price Grabber');

? ?  define('BOX_FEEDERS_SHOPPING', 'Shopping.com');

? ?  define('BOX_FEEDERS_YAHOO', 'Yahoo');

? d.? Add this to admin\includes\filenames.php:

? ?  //Feeder Systems

? ?  define('FILENAME_FEEDERS', 'feeders.php');

? ?  define('FILENAME_AMAZON', 'amazon.php');

? ?  define('FILENAME_BIZRATE', 'bizrate.php');

? ?  define('FILENAME_FROOGLE', 'froogle.php');

? ?  define('FILENAME_MYSIMON', 'mysimon.php');

? ?  define('FILENAME_PRICE_GRABBER', 'pricegrabber.php');

? ?  define('FILENAME_SHOPPING', 'shopping.php');

? ?  define('FILENAME_YAHOO','yahoo.php');

?  e.? Upload the entire file directory structure.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

That's the problem. I don't have a file named filenames.php.

I can create one (I guess), but the one that I created didn't work.

I'll you the file so that you can take a look at it.

I'll go over the steps again and verify that I have completed each one.

Thanks for your help.

I have made my feeds file & placed it in my roots directory. I did this 2 days ago & I don't seem to have anything being transmitted to Froogle. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing.

Let me know which code you need to see to ensure that everything is filled out correctly.

Thanks again for the great mod & I hope that I can get it working soon!

take a look in includes/application_top.php and look for the version of osCommerce you have, then post it here.

without filenames.php in the includes directory, dont know how it is working.

That's the problem.  I don't have a file named filenames.php.

I can create one (I guess), but the one that I created didn't work.

I'll you the file so that you can take a look at it.

I'll go over the steps again and verify that I have completed each one.

Thanks for your help.