• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Shopping Comparison Search Engines!

Current Status: In Progress, of componentizing.

Amazon: Feed API Found

BizRate: Completed

Froogle: Completed

MySimon: Feed API Needed

PriceGrabber: Feed API Needed

Shopping.com: Feed API Needed

Yahoo.com: Completed

Where can we find these feeds? Do they work with this contribution?

hi calvin,

***Official Release of Froogle Data Feeder v1.6 Final***

Released By: Calvin K

------------------------

thanks for the release. here's something for implementing into the next version:

in froogle.php i changed the line

$_cleaner_array = array(">" => "> ", "®" => "", "R" => "", "™" => "", "." => "");

into

$_cleaner_array = array(

">" => "> ",
"®" => "",
"R" => "",
"™" => "",
"." => "",
"?" => "ü",
"?" => "Ü",
"?" => "ä",
"?" => "Ä",
"?" => "ö",
"?" => "Ö",
"?" => "ß"

);

this way german umlaute are converted into html-entities as well. if someone could add the relevant conversions for his own strange language, please? ;)

PAT

Pat: Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, the additional elements will not be implemented into the Data Feeder to maintain performance levels. Users are free to add elements if they wish and I may include your array as an example in the documentation of the next release.

Graham: Feeder Systems 2.0 has been indefinately postponed, until I have more time. Hopefully in about 3 weeks, I can start working on it again.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Pat: Thank you for your suggestion.  Unfortunately, the additional elements will not be implemented into the Data Feeder to maintain performance levels.  Users are free to add elements if they wish and I may include your array as an example in the documentation of the next release.

Graham: Feeder Systems 2.0 has been indefinately postponed, until I have more time.  Hopefully in about 3 weeks, I can start working on it again.

ok, that's fine with me..

PAT

this is really greate contribution.

but I have encountered one problem. my store supports two language, and I found the data feed mess up the two language for category info.

any one got ideas?

lots of thanks in advanced.

find the two sql queries at line 68 and use the following code:

$language_id = "1"; //change it

$sql = "
SELECT concat( '" . $productURL . "' ,products.products_id) AS product_url,
products_model AS prodModel, products_weight,
manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName,
manufacturers.manufacturers_id,
products.products_id AS id,
products_description.products_name AS name,
products_description.products_description AS description,
products.products_status AS prodStatus,
FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * " . $taxCalc . ",2) AS price,
CONCAT( '" . $imageURL . "' ,products.products_image) AS image_url,
products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID,
categories.parent_id AS catParentID,
categories_description.categories_name AS catName
FROM categories,
categories_description,
products,
products_description,
products_to_categories

left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id )
left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) )

WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id
AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id
AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id
AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id
AND products_description.language_id='".$language_id."' 
ORDER BY
products.products_id ASC
";

$catInfo = "
SELECT
categories.categories_id AS curCatID,
categories.parent_id AS parentCatID,
categories_description.categories_name AS catName
FROM
categories,
categories_description
WHERE categories.categories_id = categories_description.categories_id
AND categories_description.language_id='".$language_id."' 
";

Btw, great contribution! Many thanks, Calvin! :thumbsup:

Greats,

Johannes

• 2 weeks later...

I have a quick question. Hopefully, I didn't miss it earlier.

I am completely new to php and osCommerce. Luckily, I have caught on pretty quickly and successfully added several mods including the Froogle Data Feeder.

Here is my problem... I have had to install the MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) contribution to my website due to some of the electronics I sell. I checked my froogle feed afterwards and noticed it doesn't recognize the MAP prices. Is there any way I can alter it so that it sends the MAP price to froogle?

I have a quick question.  Hopefully, I didn't miss it earlier.

I am completely new to php and osCommerce.  Luckily, I have caught on pretty quickly and successfully added several mods including the Froogle Data Feeder.

Here is my problem... I have had to install the MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) contribution to my website due to some of the electronics I sell.  I checked my froogle feed afterwards and noticed it doesn't recognize the MAP prices.  Is there any way I can alter it so that it sends the MAP price to froogle?

You'd have to figure out with sql table the MAP is using, and change the sql query in the froogle data feeder accordingly.

Forgive me if this has been talked about, but I could not find a solution, so I figured I would post it.  I particularly did not want to worry about sending my data feed to Google / Froogle once a month, as they expire your listings monthly, unless you resend your feed.  Also, per their feed requirements, and because my store is relatively small and simple, I needed to modify what Easy Contribute outputted. 

I decided to set up a CRON job that actually runs every 3 weeks, just to stay a little ahead of Google expiring my listings.  The CRON calls a MySQL script that I wrote to export my products.

A couple notes so I don't get too flamed  B)

• The product line in our store does not change that often, so I did not incorporate limiting the export to ACTIVE products.  If you have inactive products, you might need to change the script.

• Also, my category levels are only 2 deep, and the 2nd level would not make too much sense to Froogle.  Again, if you have a different method for your categories and naming, you might need to change the script.

• Also, even though I got my feed approved / validated by Google, please make sure to go through the process to get it validated by Google for your store.

mysql -uXXXX -pXXXXX -DXXXXX -e "select concat('http://YOUR_DOMAIN_GOES_HERE/product_info.php?products_id=',products.products_id) AS product_url, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, FORMAT(products.products_price,2) AS price, CONCAT('http://YOUR_DOMAIN_GOES_HERE/images/',products.products_image) AS image_url, categories_description.categories_name AS category FROM categories, products, products_description, categories_description, products_to_categories WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories_description.categories_id=IF(categories.parent_id='0',categories.categories_id,categories.parent_id)" > /tmp/FILENAME_PER_GOOGLE_SPECS.txt;

Once the script is performed, I have CRON FTP the file to Google.  Now, I never have to worry about it  :D

------------------------

Howdo i install this...i submit every 25 days.....Please help

Sorry if the answer was posted elsewhere but a quick search didn't show it.

I have froogle.php posting my content to Froogle but the images are not being displayed.

Can someone give me a tip or link which deals with this problem?

Thanks!!

Did you check to make sure you images path is correct?

Hi all

Seems to be a really good contribution. :thumbsup:

After a bit of messing around, i have finally got the output.txt to do something, and all looks fine. (i think my account may have expired at Froogle now, as i registered over 30 days ago.)

Anyway, when i get to the bottom of it not accepting my Froogle ftp stuff, (although it is correct) what do i do with :-

Insert The Cron Entry Optional: For Automated Weekly Upload);0 4 * * 3 /usr/bin/php -q /home/<unix route to your file>/admin/froogle.php

What ???? :'( If this updates the Froogle weekly, i could do with it working, but i have searched the DB and read all this thread and still have no idea what to do with it?

Any help please?

TIA

Julian

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

Like i said

but i have searched the DB and read all this thread and still have no idea what to do with it?

I have already read the link you sent after i did a search. That doean't mean i understand it, hence the question. Having read up on it, there doesn't seem to be any simple instructions, mibbles are probably OK if you know the score about php, but i'm not that well up on it. I have managed to get a pretty good working site up and running, and got the Froogle feed working, so i am asking this because i have no idea what to do with it and don't understand what i have read up.

Thanks

Julian

your best bet is then to ask your hosting company to help you with setting up a cron job, they may have it with a cpanel if you have that. setting up a cron job is not rocket science, it is just a matter of setting up what application needs to be with the cron job.

/home/domain/public_html/admin/froogle.php is most likely what you want and you need to specify per your host how they can accept a cron job.

I'm completely lost when it comes to the ftp/cron/etc part of the deal...I have no idea what this means:

0 4 * * 3

I have mine set to this. Basically 0 means I am sending it every 0 minutes, basically off . I do not want the job to run every X minutes so I enter 0. 4 means it'll run at 4 AM, * means it'll run everyday. The next * means it'll run every month, the 3 means it'll run on Wednesday.

So the format is MIN HOUR DAY MONTHS WEEKDAY

My host uses cPanel.  I found how to do cron jobs but how do we know what the full path to the file is to go between the < > ?

Simple way to do it is log on using your ftp proggie and the info should be there. :D

/home/<INSERT HERE>admin/froogle.php

<INSERT HERE> is probably like your folder created for you on your host, like

/home/cdbuy/catalog/admin/froogle.php

Hi! Nice contribution - does exactly what it say on the tin.

Can I make a suggestion? The man script, catalog/admin/froogle.php, needs editting to insert the access details. Could you please insert

require('includes/configure.php')

and construct variables like $desintation_file, $Outfile, $product_url and $image_url from the defines made in their?

I like to change my passwords about once a year, and if I have to make the change in this file as well, I'm going to forget!.. and then I'll be sorry.

Things like the variables $home, $user, $password, $base are not required at all. $home is also misleadingly named, as for my ISP the MySQL server is completely different that my local host name.

I could send you an editted version, but it probably just as quick for you to make the changes yourself - hopefully in the next version!

I have things like

if (!($link=mysql_connect(DB_SERVER, DB_SERVER_USERNAME, DB_SERVER_PASSWORD)))
and 
$imageURL = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES;
$productURL = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG . 'product_info.php?products_id=';

Martin

Edited by Cyberdog

Hi! Nice contribution - does exactly what it say on the tin.

Can I make a suggestion?  The man script, catalog/admin/froogle.php, needs editting to insert the access details.  Could you please insert

require('includes/configure.php')

and construct variables like $desintation_file, $Outfile, $product_url and $image_url from the defines made in their?

I like to change my passwords about once a year, and if I have to make the change in this file as well, I'm going to forget!.. and then I'll be sorry.

Things like the variables $home, $user, $password, $base are not required at all.  $home is also misleadingly named, as for my ISP the MySQL server is completely different that my local host name.

I could send you an editted version, but it probably just as quick for you to make the changes yourself - hopefully in the next version!

I have things like

if (!($link=mysql_connect(DB_SERVER, DB_SERVER_USERNAME, DB_SERVER_PASSWORD)))
and 
$imageURL = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES;
$productURL = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG . 'product_info.php?products_id=';

Martin

Good suggestion. I've actually put that into version 2 already.... which has yet to be released. It's creeping along ever so slowly with my schedule. It actually has part of the configuration automatic (the db) and the config settings are separated out into another one, since a lot of people like to touch code they don't know and blame it on the original working code.

your best bet is then to ask your hosting company to help you with setting up a cron job, they may have it with a cpanel if you have that.  setting up a cron job is not rocket science, it is just a matter of setting up what application needs to be with the cron job.

/home/domain/public_html/admin/froogle.php is most likely what you want and you need to specify per your host how they can accept a cron job.

Thanks Mibble and Young Tae Byan, starting to make more sense now, i'll give it a go.

Thanks again

Julian

this might be a stupid question.

i setup the froogle stuff on my site, but i can't seem to get a username/password from google to upload to froogle.

am i doing something wrong when i'm signing up on their site?

Edited by rbf351

I don't think it's you, Froogle takes time to do just about everything, it was about a week from the time I applied to the time I got the accepance email, loaded my data and it's been 4 days waiting for it to be approved.

When you applied you should have gotten an email to verify back to them, then the clock starts running (slowly)

Hope that helps.

Bob G.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

I don't think it's you, Froogle takes time to do just about everything, it was about a week from the time I applied to the time I got the accepance email, loaded my data and it's been 4 days waiting for it to be approved.

When you applied you should have gotten an email to verify back to them, then the clock starts running (slowly)

Hope that helps.

Bob G.

thats the thing i never got an email to verify anything, i even tried to sign up 3 different times and all 3 i got nothing