• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

wild guess... before i goto bed, but the name of the file uploaded probably shouldn't be called test.txt

Actually, the file name is not text.txt. Even though there are no passwords or private information in the file, something made me change it when I made the posting public. :D

on this line if you click on "help", it will give you the error.

"Feed will not go live - help"

Has your feeds been verified yet? They won't go live if they haven't been hand verified by Froogle Support.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

on this line if you click on "help", it will give you the error.

"Feed will not go live - help"

Has your feeds been verified yet?  They won't go live if they haven't been hand verified by Froogle Support.

I'm betting that it just has not been verified. I'll just leave this up there until they do that. I guess I thought that was an automatic procedure.

feed approval is not automatic, once you are approved for froogle, then you must submit the text file to them with the name they assign to you. they then review it, and will email you back, letting you konw if there are any errors, if so then you must fix the file and resubmit. if file is fine then they let you know you are good to go.

I'm betting that it just has not been verified. I'll just leave this up there until they do that. I guess I thought that was an automatic procedure.

feed approval is not automatic, once you are approved for froogle, then you must submit the text file to them with the name they assign to you.  they then review it, and will email you back, letting you konw if there are any errors, if so then you must fix the file and resubmit.  if file is fine then they let you know you are good to go.

Approval's can take a while I have a few up and wierd how they do that part of it. FYI if you are using image contributions make sure you export the image on the product item thumb - they want that one.

------------------------------------

OK not sure if anyone has asked, but to be honest this thread is getting to long to read it all again...

But what about special characters?

I have one site with ? and that is showing up on Froogle as ?

Has anyone given anythought of how to strip special characters from the export?

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

I'm also waiting for mine to be verified and getting the error message. It's only been 48 hours so I'll wait a bit longer. My question is, will descriptions with alot of html in them cause errors with the feed, if so, how do I avoid that?

Go New England Patriots!!!!

i think that keeping the thread in one spot is better, even if it gets a few pages long, the new people who use the contrib can read everything. once you have read the thread once, usually u dont need to go back and read it again

Edited by Mibble

The full path should be the server path to the file, not the www path.

Warning: fopen(http://www.livewirehardare.com/feeds/lwhfroogle.txt): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in /home/jaychamp/public_html/redsox/froogle.php on line 312

is in a different location than:

$OutFile = "http://www.livewirehardware.com/store/temp/livefroogle.txt"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";

Edited by yesudo

Your online success is Paramount.

The Froogle Data Feeder has been stripping HTML descriptions since v1.1

----

Froogle Data Feeder 1.5.2a

Current Description: Creates and automatically sends a data feed to Froogle, to provide product information and pictures. This Froogle Data Feeder, handles product duplicates, specials(if available), currency conversion, html descriptions, full category trees, and automatic upload. In addition, the Froogle Data Feeder supports advance feeds. With the advance feed option enabled and the "instock" field enabled, it will create a feed with all of the products. Without the advance feed option enabled, it will only submit in stock items.

Edited by FlyingMonkey

The Froogle Data Feeder has been stripping HTML descriptions since v1.1

----

Froogle Data Feeder 1.5.2a

Current Description: Creates and automatically sends a data feed to Froogle, to provide product information and pictures. This Froogle Data Feeder, handles product duplicates, specials(if available), currency conversion, html descriptions, full category trees, and automatic upload. In addition, the Froogle Data Feeder supports advance feeds. With the advance feed option enabled and the "instock" field enabled, it will create a feed with all of the products. Without the advance feed option enabled, it will only submit in stock items.

I realize what it's supposed to do but after looking at the feed it doesn't seem to be downloading the html. There's no .<p>. in there at all or color codes. I'm redoing all my descriptions because I had just too much code in there, now it's all very basic.

So you say it should be downloading the code, only mine isn't :(

hello guys any one know how long it takes to get your products listed in froogle. i submitted mine through this contribution 2 weeks ago and still nothing from froogle. i cant even find the froogle contact email so any help is greatly appreciated

thankyou

did you create a froogle account? did they give you a userlogon and password, as well as a name for your text file? usually once you are given an account, you have to submit the account and it takes them a few days to verify it, then they tell you everything is fine and you can start submitting regularly.

OK so is there a problem with froogle feed file seeing it is not striping special characters? Or are you talking about something different?

This is the description in the froogle feed:

Specifications:? Chipset/Core Speed:? ATI RADEON 9600SE/325MHz? Memory/Effective Speed:? 128MB DDR/400MHz? BUS:? AGP 4x/8x? Ports:? VGA Out(15 Pin D-Sub)+TV-Out(S-Video Out)+DVI connector? Support 3D API:? DirectX?9, OpenGL?2.0? Cable/Accessories:? VGA via DVI Adapter, 1 Cable, Driver CD, Manual? Max Resolution@32bit Color:? 2048X1536@75Hz

and this is the html description on my site:

<FONT face="times new roman, times, serif">Specifications:<BR><B>Chipset/Core 
Speed: </B>ATI RADEON 9600SE/325MHz<BR><B>Memory/Effective Speed: </B>128MB 
DDR/400MHz<BR><B>BUS: </B>AGP 4x/8x<BR><B>Ports: </B>VGA Out(15 Pin 
D-Sub)+TV-Out(S-Video Out)+DVI connector<BR><B>Support 3D API: </B>DirectX?9, 
OpenGL?2.0<BR><B>Cable/Accessories: </B>VGA via DVI Adapter, 1 Cable, Driver CD, 
Manual<BR><B>Max Resolution@32bit Color: </B>2048X1536@75Hz<BR></FONT>

Shouldn't the code be in the froogle feed also?

I always seem to forget to mention useful info :lol: I'm also using the WYSIWYG Editor 1.7 contribution, but I don't think that should make a difference should it?

Edited by xPATRIOTSx

Ok, I installed 1.44 and it seemed to work well, up through the FTP.

A day or so later I installed 1.52 and it also works up through the FTP.

My account is listed as ACTIVE on Froogle, however every time I get a file uploaded it says:

SUCCESS WITH ERRORS.

11 products processed

11 products suceeded

0  products active

Ok, so today I got tired of waiting and emailed them. They emailed me an hour or so later and now I see the entries all active.

I guess I just had to nudge them a bit... :D

Oh.... by handling the "html descriptions" it removes the HTML intentionally cause Froogle doesn't want it.  I thought you were having problems getting rid of them HTML.  Its done by design.

Ah ok. In that case, the feed is working perfectly :thumbsup:

:blush:

I am new to this contribution - I have downloaded the package but the "modules/feeders" folder is empty and in the documentation there are several feeders like froogle, yahoo, ... mentioned - where can i get them ->

do I need to download something else to get froggle working ?

what is about the other feeders?

Best regards,

Ernst

the folder is empty because i was planning ahead for v2, and never removed it. for the other feeders, you'll have to download them separately from the contributions section. the v2 will package all of the known feeders that support the v2 core.

Does anyone know about this error? I tried to change the database name to both the name of the database, and also the database server as well. Any suggestions?

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/www/defmod/defmanage/froogle.php on line 55

Error when connecting itself to the data base

Does anyone know about this error? I tried to change the database name to both the name of the database, and also the database server as well. Any suggestions?

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/www/defmod/defmanage/froogle.php on line 55

Error when connecting itself to the data base

Are you sure you're using the right password? I made the mistake of using my personal password and got the same error. Either way, I believe that error is caused if home, user and/or password is wrong.