• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Quick question for everyone: Do your images load on Froogle if their filenames have a space in them? (e.g. "atkins bar.jpg" or "low carb chocolate.gif") mrguytx reported problems and a fix was released for him, but i'd just like to check if this was happening to everyone. if it is, i'll release the fix into the public release.

an easy way to check is to visit: www.froogle.com and type in store:yourstorename

Froogle notified me that this will occur whenever there is a space in the filename.

Froogle requires the %20 to take the place of the space for it to pick up the name correctly.

every day above ground is a good day.

OK I am still looking to see if anyone else has posted this but figured I would post as I read.

Froogle kicked back one of my clients feeds and said the images does not match. I have additional images contribution so I have to modify the feed so it will check to see if products.products_image_med is not null.

If it used then I need to export that image name if not then I need to use products.products_image

And how about no image? Has anyone had a froogle problem if no image was installed?

OK any help on the code would be greatly appreciated.

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

OK I am still looking to see if anyone else has posted this but figured I would post as I read.

Froogle kicked back one of my clients feeds and said the images does not match. I have additional images contribution so I have to modify the feed so it will check to see if products.products_image_med is not null.

If it used then I need to export that image name if not then I need to use products.products_image

And how about no image? Has anyone had a froogle problem if no image was installed?

Hi guys, I was finally able to get the feed accepted by froogle a while back. However, I have noticed that for some reason my descriptions are not being used in the feed that is created. for some reason the name is the correct title but the description rather than being my osc description is just the title used over again. Any ideas whay this is anyone? Trying to optimize my feeds and this is cutting out the bulk of my keyword related text. I am using the old version still 1.10 i think it is. never got around to installing the beta 1.4 calvin gave me at the time i had problems with the feed being accepted. I was wonering if the new version fixes this problem. Thanks all. :)

Shane,

I believe froogle has changed something related to the description column. My guess is the size. On their site, it says 64kb worth of description. Email froogle and ask them or check your feed locally and see if your descriptions are showing up correctly. If not, check your code...

Edited by mcneelysdepot

I dont think that it is anything on froogles end. I have looked at the txt file the contrib outputs then uploads and the descriptions are not being grabbed by the contrib for some reason, it is just the duplicate title. I don't have the faintest idea where to start to find the problem. I did not notice anything in the froogle.php file and the only things i changes were the ftp and db names. Any ideas?

just found something, anyone think this could be the problem-

$productURL = 'http://www.healthylifepharmacy.com/product_info.php?products_id=';

My urls for the product info pages look like this:

http://www.healthylifepharmacy.com/product...roducts_id/1611

Though everything is correct with the exception of the descriptions could the actual product urls having the /cPath/cat_subcat numbers cause the problem i am having?

OK I almost have it except....

I changed the code to say:

if (tep_not_null($row->image_url_med)) { use medium image }else{ use normal image...

works fine excpet if I remove the image it still uses that med image (so it reads .../images/ no filename (as there is no longer one))

even though all the other images are using product_image fine if they never had a med image.

Almost seems like after I remove the image it is not really empty (null). If look in DB it is empty?

Any thoughts?

Here is unlink code if it help:

if (($HTTP_POST_VARS['unlink_image_med'] == 'yes') or ($HTTP_POST_VARS['delete_image_med'] == 'yes')) {
           $sql_data_array['products_image_med'] = '';
          } else {
         if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_med']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_med']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_med'] != 'none')) {
           $sql_data_array['products_image_med'] = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image_med']);
         }
         }

Hi guys, I was finally able to get the feed accepted by froogle a while back. However, I have noticed that for some reason my descriptions are not being used in the feed that is created. for some reason the name is the correct title but the description rather than being my osc description is just the title used over again. Any ideas whay this is anyone? Trying to optimize my feeds and this is cutting out the bulk of my keyword related text. I am using the old version still 1.10 i think it is. never got around to installing the beta 1.4 calvin gave me at the time i had problems with the feed being accepted. I was wonering if the new version fixes this problem. Thanks all. :)

This might, explain your problem.... if your using an older version.

14 May 2004 - Froogle Data Feeder v1.1.2 Author: Calvin K?

Bug Fix: With the 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 it displays the product name as the description.?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,froogle

This was all before, I had beta testers.... and some how you downloaded the buggy version within that 1hr span. =P

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

hello guys i am getting this error when i type

http://www.mysite.com/catalog/admin/froogle.php

can any one please help me fix this.

Warning: fopen(/temp/mghatwor.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mghatwor/public_html/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 312

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/mghatwor/public_html/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 313

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/mghatwor/public_html/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 314

Script timer: 0.063119 seconds

any help is much appreciated

thankyou

hey john , thankx for replying

this is what i have

$OutFile = "/temp/mghwor.txt"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";

$destination_file = "mghwor.txt";? //"CHANGEME-filename-to-upload-to-froogle.txt" ;

$source_file = $OutFile;

$imageURL = 'http://www.mysite/images';

$productURL = 'http://www.mysite.com/product_info.php?products_id=';

$already_sent = array();

$home = "localhost" ;

$user="myusername";

$pass="myadminpassword";

$base="mghatworl_osc1";

for the first line i even tried putting double .. in front of /temp

$OutFile = "../temp/mghwor.txt"; //"CHANGEME-full-path-to-file-with-777-dir-and-file-permissions.fr-outfile.txt";

the permission for public_html/temp/ = 777

the permission for my /public_html/temp/mghwor.txt/ = 777

thankyou

Edited by sinryder

it needs to be:

../temp/mghwor.txt

if you use /temp then the server is expecting you to have access to a directory named /temp and you most likely can not go back that far

reason for the ../ is from admin you are going up one level, thus the ../ and then going down one level to temp, so overall ../temp

Edited by Mibble

WOH , thankyou sooo much guys , it worked.

this is what i got when i ran the froogle.php

Script timer: 0.041213 seconds.

and got 3 files in temp directory

mghwor.products.txt

mghwor.txt

EP2004Sep02-1604.txt

is this all ok ?

and i am not really sure what next to do :(