• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

19 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

@PapancoIn the googlefeeder.php file, change the OPTIONS_ENABLED_GOOGLE_UTM setting  to 0 or 1, depending on if you are using that google option.. Then find this line

define('OPTIONS_GOOGLE_UTM', '?utm_source=GoogleBase1&utm_medium=BaseFeed1&utm_campaign=products'); //see http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55578

and replace it with this

if (OPTIONS_ENABLED_GOOGLE_UTM == 0) {
   define('OPTIONS_GOOGLE_UTM', '?store={my_store_code}'); 
} else {
   define('OPTIONS_GOOGLE_UTM', '?store={my_store_code}&utm_source=GoogleBase1&utm_medium=BaseFeed1&utm_campaign=products'); //see http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55578
}

As before, be sure to change the "my_store_cde" with yours.

@Jack_mcs thanks for the support: I did a test but with UTM == 0 the store code is not inserted in the URL. If I enable UTM on 1, the UTM URL is correctly entered but the store code is not inserted in the URL. what else can i try?

@PapancoAs mentioned, this is untested so I must be missing something. I will actually test it here and post once I have it working. I will try to get to it this week.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

@PsytaniumI can't reproduce that and no one else has mentioned it. You don't mention your php version though if that was the problem, there would be other problems. So I don't know what that might be. Maybe if you are trying to use one of the options. Try selecting Complete from the dropdown menu. If that works then you will need to let me know what option it is failing on.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Just now, Jack_mcs said:

@PsytaniumI can't reproduce that and no one else has mentioned it. You don't mention your php version though if that was the problem, there would be other problems. So I don't know what that might be. Maybe if you are trying to use one of the options. Try selecting Complete from the dropdown menu. If that works then you will need to let me know what option it is failing on.

When i run googlefeeder.php, 2 files are placed in feed directory, the txt file have headers, while the csv file don't.

Sorry for the poor explanation, OCS2.3.4

I'm trying to include the txt file in Facebook feed.

53 minutes ago, Psytanium said:

the txt file have headers, while the csv file don't.

The csv file is not meant to be used. It is included to give a quick look at the view in admin because most computers are not setup to load .txt files as a spreadsheet. This is what it says on the page when the script is ran:

It is still in development and not meant for anything other than viewing.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 11 months later...

@Jack_mcs

Hi Jack,

I hope you are well.

I am running the feeder on Phoenix Version 1.0.8.12 and it works great.

I have however found that the image is pulled from the first image in the gallery and not the actual main image.

I have checked the feed file on 1 particular product and it shows the correct image name but the image being uploaded to google is different

Just wondering if you have come across this and could offer any resolve?

Thanks

Edited by PupStar

@PupStarNo, I haven't noticed that before. the code loads in the images from the images table but just cycles through them to add them. So if the main image doesn't match the first image, which is possible, then it would probably be wrong. You could try turning of the Products Images option (right column). That will prevent the images table from being checked. I don't recall if the main image is used instead but if it is then you that should work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

27 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

@PupStarNo, I haven't noticed that before. the code loads in the images from the images table but just cycles through them to add them. So if the main image doesn't match the first image, which is possible, then it would probably be wrong. You could try turning of the Products Images option (right column). That will prevent the images table from being checked. I don't recall if the main image is used instead but if it is then you that should work.

@Jack_mcs I have tried to set

define('OPTIONS_USE_IMAGE_TABLE', '0'); //set to 1 to use the products_images table, which is only available in 2.3 shops

to 0 and 1 with no change in result.

I have noticed that if the product has only 1 image then it does pick the main image correctly.

1 hour ago, PupStar said:

ok right column, what am I missing

LOL. You aren't missing anything. I'm referring to a different addon. :( I'm terribly sorry for the confusion.

Starting over with the actual problem, you said

23 hours ago, PupStar said:

I have checked the feed file on 1 particular product and it shows the correct image name but the image being uploaded to google is different

I don't understand what you mean by this. Images are not uploaded to google. The feed is sent to them and, I think, you are saying the feed has the correct link. Is that not the case?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

20 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

LOL. You aren't missing anything. I'm referring to a different addon. :( I'm terribly sorry for the confusion.

Starting over with the actual problem, you said

I don't understand what you mean by this. Images are not uploaded to google. The feed is sent to them and, I think, you are saying the feed has the correct link. Is that not the case?

Hi @Jack_mcs

I don't understand what has happened either. I have deleted the feed and attempted to start again.

Now when I upload a test feed I get the following errors

Invalid or missing required attribute: price
The price column is in the feed and this particular product is 12.95 but google says all 49 products having the price missing

Unsupported currency in attribute: price
The currency column is there set to GBP

Invalid format for sub-attributes: shipping
No idea what this error needs to resolve it

https://mysite.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=10  Col Clear A, Colon Health Support Herbal Colonics Complex    COL-Clear is a well-known herbal colon cleanser and bowel support combination, based on a formula by master herbalist, Dr. John R. Christopher. It is available in 2 versions - this COL-Clear A and COL-Clear B.  Popular with colonic hydrotherapists, COL-Clear A contains a range of active herbal ingredients specifically selected to contribute to an increase in faecal bulk and normal bowel function.  The sugar beet fibre in this formula, in particular, contributes to an increase in faecal bulk in two ways: the insoluble components of the fibre increase faecal bulk by absorbing water in the large intestine, while the soluble components are fermented by bacteria in the large intestine leading to an increase in bacterial mass.  As such, this source of fibre may have a beneficial physiological effect for people who want to improve or maintain normal bowel function.  The ingredients help to cleanse the intestinal tract, soften the stool, stimulate the liver and improve peristalsis. This, in turn, helps to produce bowel movements and expel layers of old encrusted mucus and faecal matter that may have accumulated over time.  They also act to gently cleanse, stimulate and tone the bowel wall, supporting a move towards unassisted bowel movements.   # Approved EFSA health claims:  Sugar beet fibre contributes to an increase in faecal bulk.    12.95   https://mysite.co.uk/images/COL-Clear-A.png  10    in stock    Big Brand Name   New    GBP    05060200681015        052L-00    Cleanse & Detox    2.95

Mind totally blown trying to resolve this so any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot (81).png

36 minutes ago, PupStar said:

Hi @Jack_mcs

I don't understand what has happened either. I have deleted the feed and attempted to start again.

Now when I upload a test feed I get the following errors

The price column is in the feed and this particular product is 12.95 but google says all 49 products having the price missing

The currency column is there set to GBP

No idea what this error needs to resolve it

Mind totally blown trying to resolve this so any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot (81).png

@Jack_mcs

After a bit of googling I have managed to resolve all the errors.

The price column is in the feed and this particular product is 12.95 but google says all 49 products having the price missing - presuming this had something to do with the currency not being set correctly in the merchant center

The currency column is there set to GBP - This was resolved by setting the currency in the merchant center and nothing to do with the feed file

No idea what this error needs to resolve it - Changed the setting to 0 in the feed file as the shipping amount is set in the merchant center.

The failures reported by google are not always exact or clear. Sometimes they are just in the general area of the problem. Regarding the price, make sure you have the currency setting in the feed set to GBP and that the price on the shop defaults to GBP.  If that doesn't help you can post in googles community forum. They are pretty good at providing answers for feed failures. 

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

21 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

The failures reported by google are not always exact or clear. Sometimes they are just in the general area of the problem. Regarding the price, make sure you have the currency setting in the feed set to GBP and that the price on the shop defaults to GBP.  If that doesn't help you can post in googles community forum. They are pretty good at providing answers for feed failures. 

@Jack_mcs Thank you for your patience Jack.

• 8 months later...

Hi Jack,

Looks like Google are making changes to how files are transferred, I received the following today:

Starting on 2023-09-15, you'll no longer be able to share files with Merchant Center via FTP (File Transfer Protocol). Other upload methods like SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) will still be available and unaffected by this change.

What changes would be needed to the Google feeder files so that they will still work (Site is running on 2.3.4)

Many Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

2 hours ago, Mort-lemur said:

What changes would be needed to the Google feeder files so that they will still work

It isn't a quick change. I will provide an update before that time.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

In the meantime, since Google will be deleting all FTP upload accounts this September, wouldn't it be possible to use scheduled fetches instead?

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/1219255

Just setup a cron job that doesn't upload via FTP and have Google fetch the file from the feeds folder at the frequency of your choosing. Seems like it should work fine but maybe I'm missing something.

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

5 hours ago, Smoky Barnable said:

Google will be deleting all FTP upload accounts

I'm not aware of them doing this. Can you provide a link so I can take a look?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

20 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

I'm not aware of them doing this. Can you provide a link so I can take a look?

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/13033917

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

@Smoky Barnable I misread what you mentioned. Yes, they are stopping but sftp is still allowed. Re-reading your post I see my mistake.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Currently working fine in the browser but the cron job results in "Failed to open stream: No such file or directory". The only way I can get the cron job working is by changing chdir('../'); to chdir('public_html/admin'); in googlefeeder.php. This breaks the script however and the product urls are not accurate. Tried changing directory in the cron command itself but no luck. cd /home/xxxx/public_html/admin/ && /usr/local/bin/php googlefeedercron.php

- Rabindranath Tagore