• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

• 1 month later...

Hello!

With the old shop googlefeeder.php worked fine. I installed version 3.14 with the new shop osCommerce 2.3.4 and can't get it to run anymore.First, the language is ignored.

I set

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED', 0);
and
define('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_ID', 2);
which I assume is german. German is the only language installed.
define('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_ID', $languages_id);
does not show the german language.

The produced output of php googlefeeder.php looks like this:

"link", "title", "description", "price", "image_link", "id", "availability", "brand", "condition", "expiration_date", "identifier exists", "mpn", "product_type

The last " seems to be missing and I was hoping to see german headings.

Furthermore I get

File Completed: your-outfile.csv

</p>PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function ftp_connect() in /srv/www/htdocs/bshop/shopman/googlefeeder.php on line 613

I don't want to use ftp, how can I disable it? The styling in admin is complete defective, I attached two screenshots.

Please give advice with the language!

Regards

Andreas

post-196121-0-35413000-1442483492_thumb.png

post-196121-0-11438900-1442483508_thumb.png

@@porrier The language is set automatically to the default language of admin. If that is not German, in your case, then you need to change it. You can't guess at the language ID since it can be anything. Go to localization->Languages and click on edit for the language. Then look in the url for ID= to get the actual number to use.

Setting options to off will disable a large part of the feed and google would not accept such a feed.

The column headings are coded into the googlefeeder.php file as English. You need to change those yourself if you want them in German. You may have noticed that your 2.3 shop only came in English. That is because it is too difficult to maintain the other languages, especially since one doesn't know what the other languages might be.

If you don't want to use ftp, don't click on the link that says to upload the file.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@@porrier The language is set automatically to the default language of admin. If that is not German, in your case, then you need to change it. You can't guess at the language ID since it can be anything. Go to localization->Languages and click on edit for the language. Then look in the url for ID= to get the actual number to use.

Setting options to off will disable a large part of the feed and google would not accept such a feed.

The column headings are coded into the googlefeeder.php file as English. You need to change those yourself if you want them in German. You may have noticed that your 2.3 shop only came in English. That is because it is too difficult to maintain the other languages, especially since one doesn't know what the other languages might be.

If you don't want to use ftp, don't click on the link that says to upload the file.

Allright! I helped me out with this:

$output = "Link\tTitel\tBeschreibung\tPreis\tBild_URL\tid\";
In the old version I fiddled a new field EAN into the feeder. What is the best way to go to achive such a new field?

And one more question. If there are german Umlauts in the products_description and the shop is utf-8, how do I get the googlefeeder to honour this? At the moment, the descriptions look like this: "HN-M320MBB (ST320LM001) verfÃŒgt ÃŒber das schnelle SATA-300-Interface"

Fine thing, thank you!

Andreas

Allright! I helped me out with this:

$output = "Link\tTitel\tBeschreibung\tPreis\tBild_URL\tid\";
In the old version I fiddled a new field EAN into the feeder. What is the best way to go to achive such a new field?

And one more question. If there are german Umlauts in the products_description and the shop is utf-8, how do I get the googlefeeder to honour this? At the moment, the descriptions look like this: "HN-M320MBB (ST320LM001) verfÃŒgt ÃŒber das schnelle SATA-300-Interface"

Fine thing, thank you!

Andreas

Got a new field by duplicating and renaming the ISBN part. And sovled the problem with the Umlauts by opening the csv with the rigth coding ;)

One thing that gives me some headache is the missing quoting-string " at the end of the last columntitle. I have to add it manually or the csv opens disturbed.

Andreas

• 2 weeks later...

There is already a price column that contains the prices of all of the products.

Oh my god, I phrased my question completely wrong. I meant the shipping costs for a product need to be present in a coloumn. For example with ship up to 0.4 kg for 2.80 € and then up to 2.0 kg for 5,90 € and up to 12.0 kg for 7.- €. That means the feeder should read the weight of a product and then add the shippingcosts accordingly to the coloumn.

Don't know how to do this.

Andreas

@@porrier

You set up your shipping methods at the Google Merchant Center.

Then all you need in your feed is the weight. You can also override the weight calculated shipping by adding a fixed ship charge or 0.00 for free shipping to column "shipping(price)"

I would need something that calculates the price depending on the weight. I need this for a german price comparison provider. At the moment I have to download the products file and add another coloumn with the calculated prices and upload it again. That's a bit

awkward to do.

Regards

Andreas

@@porrier

Your missing the point - in the USA anyway, you configure your "calculated" shipping methods within Google Merchant Center (i.e. fedex, ups, etc....)

Then in your upload you provide weight and/or any override.

If Germany is different I would not know.

-Dave

I would need something that calculates the price depending on the weight.

If you can't use the shipping option as mentioned by Roaddoctor them you will have to edit the code to do what you want. It can be done but not something I would do in a support thread. Maybe someone else will volunteer to do it. 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs

I use your latest version on a 2.3.4 BS store. Also, I have a price per product shipping module where I can set a different price for each product.

Is there any way to change a setting in the feeder file to submit the exact shipping rate to Google as I have set in the products_shipping_handling field?

Thanks

@@discxpress This can be done using the shipping option in the feed, though the code needs to be edited. First, you need to fine the line that prints the Shipping column name and change it to shipping(price). Then alter the MySQL so it reads in the shipping price field. The alter the line that reads

$output .= "\t" . OPTIONS_SHIPPING_STRING;

and change the OPTIONS_SHIPPING_STRING to the variable from the database.

See here for more detailed instructions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@discxpress This can be done using the shipping option in the feed, though the code needs to be edited. First, you need to fine the line that prints the Shipping column name and change it to shipping(price). Then alter the MySQL so it reads in the shipping price field. The alter the line that reads

$output .= "\t" . OPTIONS_SHIPPING_STRING;

and change the OPTIONS_SHIPPING_STRING to the variable from the database.

See here for more detailed instructions.

@@Jack_mcs

I only understood how to do one of those. That's some custom code beyond the scope of my ability. I'll contact you soon.

@@Jack_mcs

I use your latest version on a 2.3.4 BS store. Also, I have a price per product shipping module where I can set a different price for each product.

Is there any way to change a setting in the feeder file to submit the exact shipping rate to Google as I have set in the products_shipping_handling field?

Thanks

Would you tell us the name of price per product shipping module you are using?

Andreas

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Where, or which table, should the "google product category" field be stored when using:

OPTIONS_GOOGLE_PRODUCT_CATEGORY', 'db'

Can anyone advise please?

thanks

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

@@Mikepo I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. But there are instructions beside that line in the file. Have you read those?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs, the instructions are :

define('OPTIONS_GOOGLE_PRODUCT_CATEGORY', '632'); //enter db to load from a database field named google_product_category or enter a specific google category

I'm just using google category '632' for all products at the moment,

If I use 'db', where in the database is the 'google_product_category' stored?

hope this helps to understand my question

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

To do that, you have to add a field named 'google_product_category' to the products_descriptions table. You would also have to add a way to populate it, either by altering the code in the products edit page in admin or adding a field to the easy populate file, if you have that installed. It is not a simple change. But if you only have one category to use then you can just enter it into the setting.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 weeks later...

Please try this change. Find

$skipCatIDS = " and categories.parent_id NOT IN (" . $cStr . ") ";

and change it to

$skipCatIDS = " and ( categories.parent_id NOT IN (" . $cStr . ") && categories.categories_id NOT IN (" . $cStr . ")) ";

When I have a categoriy and a subcategory works well, but if I have subcategories under another subcategory not removed.