• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

yes, of course, I've tried that as well.

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_IDENTIFIER_EXISTS', 0);

but the same problem -> identifier exists column is not generated and as a result, google give error that GTIN is missing, and the products are not accepted. :(

OK. This may be due to a last minute change I made. Please search the googlefeeder.php file and replace the two instances of

OPTIONS_ENABLED_IDENTIFIER_EXISTS == 1

to

OPTIONS_ENABLED_IDENTIFIER_EXISTS == 0

Does that help?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Roaddoctor Thanks for the suggestions. I will make a note.

@mk_osc The column won't show up if you don't have two of the three required options set: brand, gtin and mpn. Are two of those enabled?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs

I don't have mpn and brand, because for old books or custom goods you won't need that.

Instead google requires just an identifier exists column with the setting of false. That's all.

You mean, I need to setup mpn and brand and make usage of it, just to tell the script that I don't need entries on those fields and then generate an identifier exists value of false ? That's a bit illogical.

A better approach would be in my opinion, that the script just enable a (manual) setting of false for identifier exists. OR if for some reason, it should look around first and a column of brand or MPN doesn't exist, it should be treated the same way, as if it exists with no value. That way people don't have to read through MPN and brand each time they setup a new product. This avoids confusion and save time.

What do you think ?

I know your time is valueable, and I can pay you for integrating that 'feature' if that's the problem.

Making the change like that is not correct for most shops that need this. For yours, find this line

if (OPTIONS_ENABLED_IDENTIFIER_EXISTS == 1 && $identfierCtr > 1) {
            $icnt = 0;
            if (OPTIONS_ENABLED_BRAND && empty($row->brand)) $icnt++;
            if (OPTIONS_ENABLED_GTIN && empty($row->gtin)) $icnt++;   
            if (OPTIONS_ENABLED_MPN && empty($row->mpn)) $icnt++; 

and change it to

$identfierCtr = 2;
            $icnt = 0;
            $icnt = 2;

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs

I've changed the code and the error is

1054 - Unknown column 'products.products_mpn' in 'field list'

:wacko:

it looks like this now with leading and trailing code

if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_GTIN == 1)
            $output .= "\t" . (isset($row->gtin) ? $row->gtin : (strlen(OPTIONS_GTIN) ? OPTIONS_GTIN : "Not Supported"));
		 $identfierCtr = 2;
            $icnt = 0;
            $icnt = 2;
            if ($icnt > 1) { //at least two required fields are empty
              $output .= "\tFALSE";
            } else {
              $output .= "\tTRUE";
            }

yes, already done

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_BRAND', 0);            //if set, see options for this setting below
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_GTIN', 0);              //if set, a database field named products_gtin must exist
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_MPN', 0);               //if set, see options for this setting below

the error appears with those settings, having brand, mpn and gtin turned off.

I don't have an answer for you then. It sounds like something is wrong in your file or your shop. The 'products.products_mpn'  is only used in one spot in the file and then only if the MPN option is enabled, which you show it is not. So what is happening shouldn't be able to happen that I can see and isn't something I can troubleshoot in a support thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs

For

define('OPTIONS_GOOGLE_PRODUCT_CATEGORY', '');  //enter db to load from a database field named google_product_category enter or enter a specific google category - see taxomy - http://www.google.com/support/merchants/bin/answer.py?answer=160081

What do I put here?

I used the addon (Products Extra Fields v 2.1 for 2.3.1) which creates the tables products_extra_fields and products_to_products_extra_fields.

I created the field google_product_category and added the taxonomy to the product listings. I should be set ??

-Dave

@@Jack_mcs

I guess my question should have been what goes here given my setup above?

if (OPTIONS_ENABLED_GOOGLE_PRODUCT_CATEGORY == 1 && OPTIONS_GOOGLE_PRODUCT_CATEGORY == 'db') {
   $extraFields .= ' products_description.google_product_category as google_category, ';

or is there more to it?

-Dave

@@Jack_mcs

you are right, I could isolate the problem and fixed it.

But after that the google error was:

too many column delimiters

but I could get it working, though with help of old posting #3295

Completely forgot about that.

Now the identifier exists column is created with the value of FALSE

phew :)

@@Roaddoctor The MySQL statement isn't setup to load from those tables. You would have to add those (left_join) to include them.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@mk_osc I'm glad you got it going but I should mention that for those with properly setup products, that is not the way to do it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Roaddoctor The MySQL statement isn't setup to load from those tables. You would have to add those (left_join) to include them.

@@Jack_mcs

I greatly appreciate your reply, but only wish I had a clue how to do that... :)

I searched the entire thread and found four or five posts by people using Products Extra Fields, but not one example or answer of how to accomplish that.

If anyone out there can offer me some direction or point me to an example, I can probably figure it out.

-Dave

I don't use that addon so I don't know what is needed off the top of my head. I said to use left join but thinking about it now, that would probably be wrong. Sorry I can't help.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Question about the bing feed. I've edited the settings and its only pulling 440 products but I have 115,342 products available. Did I do something wrong?

Also, someone here was putting html in the descriptions, any chance someone could tell me how to get it to strip the tags?

Thank you in advance for your help!

@ I didn't realize until your post that I forgot to update the bingfeeder.php file. A new version has been uploaded. You just need to replace your bingfeeder.php file with the included one to use it.

I can't say if it will work or not since some have posted here saying it doesn't work while others have said it does. So please post back any problems you encounter so the script can be undated, if needed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It's not loading the page for me. The only real difference I can see is the old file had mysql where the new one has tep_db. Could this be my problem?

I checked the error logs and I found this:

PHP Warning:  htmlentities() [<a href='function.htmlentities'>function.htmlentities</a>]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in /home/xxxx/public_html/admin/bingfeeder.php on line 645
Edited by queenzukie