• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

I'm trying to figure on how to exclude a certain category or categories from feed.

I was looking through my settings and noticed this option

define('OPTIONS_PRODUCT_TYPE', 'full'); //full means the full category path (i.e., hardware,printers), anything else, or blank, means just the products category (i.e., printers)

However I'm not sure what exactly is this for.

I've tried replacing 'full' with a sample category in my shop, but the feed still contains all products. So it seems, that this is probably not the feature I'm looking for.

Basic question: Does this script has this functionality at all ?

I'm selling books and everything was working great until now, where google decided against a certain category of books in my shop, so I need to exclude this category from the feed, but I've really no idea if this is possible.

Any help in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

No, that ability is not in this version. It is in the next one but that is not ready for release yet. You will need to edit the sql code in the file to exclude whatever categories you don't want. I seem to recall someone asking this before but I don't know if any code was posted for it. You may want to go back through 5-10 pages to see if there is anything like that.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I've found a code on page 84

just insert after

AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id " . $quotes . "

lines like this, where 41 is the category to exclude

AND categories.categories_id != '41'

This seem to be working ok.

However I'm not sure what I've to use for sub category.

I've tried the following where 22 is the parent category and 24 the sub category

AND categories.categories_id != '22'
AND categories.categories_id != '24'

I've also tried

AND categories.categories_id != '22_24'

but no luck.

I've noticed that the number of products is reduced but when I check the export txt the items from the sub category are in the feed file.

So I really don't know which items in which category were skipped. Strange.

Any idea on how to correctly call the sub categorie along with the parent category, since the products are linked to both.

Thanks again :)

upon further review, I've noticed that the exclusion is only of cosmetic nature

e.g. in the confirmation message

Feed contains xxxxx products.

File Completed: feedname.txt

after creating the feed, the figure is obviously reflecting the exluded items in the excluded category, but in the feedname.txt it's not reflected. The products are included.

hmmmm, any idea ?

• 1 month later...

hello,

i have been using this for sometime now.  Google is giving me errors on my specials :

Temporary item disapprovals due to incorrect prices

i contacted them , they looked at one item and reparroved it, i could contact them again for the other items , but thoughti would check here to see if thei has happened to anyone else, and what they did to correct the problem.

thanks,

craig

Did they give a reason for disapproving them? If no change is needed on your end then It is their fault and they should fix it. I suggest contacting them and asking that they reapprove all items or explain why they can't be.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack,

when i contacted google merchant.  i thought all "special" items would be reapproved, when i checked back after the consersation-- they reparroved only one and disapproved other  "special" products.

i just wondered if they were doing this to all oscommerce sites with specials, 

i will call again and let you know how it turns out.

craig

None of my clients have mentioned it. But google have scripts and people to check the feeds. The check by people is done on far fewer sites since it takes so much longer. That might be what happened in your case.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello jack,

i contacted google again. why my special products are being disapproved?  

they finally  stated that i need a price field and a sales price field in the feed.

i have updated to googlefeeder v 3.1 but i did not see a sales price field ,

however i did see that included in the google feeder next version( i think v3.2) for 2.3.4- had a sales price field.

i have not updated our  site yet to that version yet,  

i guess i will just try to borrow the code from v 3.2 for the sales price field and place that into v 3.1 until i update to oscommerce 2.3.4.

i will let you know how it goes.

thanks for everything,

craig

• 1 month later...

As Jack, I did not know the account database. Now I understand ... Many thanks.

When trying to make changes in step 7, I could not find the text;

"mysqli_fetch_field function ($ query) {

mysql_fetch_field return ($ query);

} "

The closest thing I've found is:

"tep_db_fetch_fields function ($ db_query) {

mysql_fetch_field return ($ db_query);

} "

And now I get the following error in the manager:

"Fatal error: Can not redeclare mysqli_fetch_object () in / home / www / domainname.com / admin / includes / functions / database.php on line 130"

And on the web;

"Fatal error: Can not redeclare mysqli_fetch_object () in / home / www / domainname.com / includes / functions / database.php on line 126"

I know nothing of progamación, I'm a rookie. . I do not know how to change those lines. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

consuelo

I am having the same issue, 

function mysqli_fetch_field($query) {

return mysql_fetch_field($query);

}

Does not exist in my database.php and I really do not understand the few posts about fixing this so the script will run.  I have been spinning my wheels on this for many hours and i can't seem to figure it out given the little info on the board.

If someone could be so kind to explain to me in as much detail as possible on what i need to change/modify to get this to run on 2.3 install that does not have the above function.

thanks!

@@Mtme The database code in oscommerce was changed from MySQL to mysqli in 2.3.3.2, as I recall. Whoever made the last few changes for this addon didn't bother to provide other versions (lazy),  so you either need to use an older version or convert the code to the previous methods.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Been hunting around and in previous posts and saw talk about excluding products from the list.  I saw that jack_mcs said that it would be in a later version.  I have hunted around and cannot find the code.  Was it ever released, and if not does anybody have a solution to exclude products from the output file without setting the quantity to 0

I'm not aware that it was included, I had completely removed my products from google and did not send any feed to them, since they don't like some of my products.

Then recently I started again and sent a feed and the products were approved.

2 days ago, now another threat by google about account suspension if I continue to upload certain items to their server.

Have you received also such an email, or do you just don't want to advertise all of your products ?

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added an option to exclude products. Enter a comma separated list of product ID's and they will excluded from the feed.
- Added an option to exclude categories. Enter a comma separated list of category ID's and the products in them will excluded from the feed.
- Added identifier exists option. To be sure check the instructions on google to see if this is needed or not.
- Changed code to be compatible with mysqli (oscommerce 2.3.4).
- Changed code so the default language is read in automatically.
- Changed the weight column to shipping weight for sites that use googles shipping option.
- Changed column heading google product_category to google product category.
- Corrected csv code provided by Richard (fur). Still not completely correct but is at least viewable now.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I'm very grateful for the updated version :thumbsup:

While testing it I'm running into an issue with the identifier exists option.

identifier exists is set to 0 (i even tried 1)

MPN and BRAND is also set to 0

as such, I believe your script should output a false to the identifier exists. Is that correct ?

However, google complains, that my gtin is missing and in the feed, there is no setting entry for an identifier exists.

hmm :unsure:

any idea what might be wrong ?

Thanks.

Only sites that seel certain products should use that option. If the identifier exists settings is set to 0, it is not used. If it is set to 1, the two of Brand, MPN and GTIN should be set. If they are and are empty, that column is set to false, meaning those entries do not exist.

Since you don't have two of the required columns enabled, are you sure you need that setting? If you do and you run the feed, the identifier exists column for those products should be set to false.

This is the rule from googles dos:

Exception: in categories where unique product identifiers are required but no such identifier exists for an item (e.g. custom goods), submit 'identifier exists' with a value of FALSE.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

thanks for clarification, but the problem is, the identifier exists column is not generated for some reason.

And yes, I need identifier exists column with the value false.

These are my current settings, for which the identifier exists column should be generated and set to false. Is this correct? Or am I missing something.

/*************** OPTIONS - IF ENABLED, ALSO SET THE SIMILAR OPTION FARTHER DOWN ******************/
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_AGE_RANGE', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_ATTRIBUTES', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_BRAND', 0);            //if set, see options for this setting below
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_CONDITION', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_CURRENCY', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_EXPIRATION', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_FEED_LANGUAGE', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_GTIN', 0);              //if set, a database field named products_gtin must exist
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_GOOGLE_PRODUCT_CATEGORY', 1); //http://www.google.com/support/merchants/bin/answer.py?answer=160081
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_GOOGLE_UTM', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_IDENTIFIER_EXISTS', 1); //set to 0 if required - https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?hl=en
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_ISBN', 0);              //if set, a database field named products_isbn must exist
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_MADE_IN', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_MPN', 0);               //if set, see options for this setting below
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_PRODUCT_MODEL', 0);     //displays the product model
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_PRODUCT_TYPE', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_SHIPPING', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_INCLUDE_TAX', 0);       //0 = no tax, 1 = uses google method, 2 = UK Vat
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_UPC', 0);               //if set, a database field named products_upc must exist
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_WEIGHT', 1);

when I set

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_BRAND', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_MPN', 1); 

the identifier exists column is generated now with the value TRUE.

But I can not get the opposite with FALSE, no matter what I do.