• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Jack,

I think it is being found because of the "Product Type" is set to put in the category that the item is in. If the item is in 2 or 3 different categories, it created the duplicate items in the feed with the only difference being the category that they are found in.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've updated all the file from the recent contribution download but it does not recognise it as v3.1 in my admin area! it still displays v2.9 also....I cant find the section in my database.php file to add the commands as stated in the instructions! :/ I'm running oscommerce 2.3.3.4 PLEASE HELP!!!!! Thank you :)

My last version, mistakenly named 2.0 (should be 3.0), works fine with 2.3.3.4. I don't support the other versions so you'll have to wait for someone else to answer your question.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Okay thank you, however these are the error messages I get when trying to create a datafeed...Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_db_fetch_object() in...../googlefeeder.php on line 259

Warning: mysqli_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /...../database.php on line 132

Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /..../database.php on line 50

Warning: mysqli_errno() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /..../database.php on line 50

Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /..../database.php on line 50

-

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = ''

[TEP STOP]

Thank you :)

I don't know why it is failing for you. I have version 3.0 installed in a 2.3.3.4 shop and it works fine. Are you sure you used the feeders file for 2.3?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello. I hope someone can help me. I've installed Google Base Data Feeder Version: 3.0, and it's all working except for one important problem: it's not adding 20% UK VAT onto the data feed. The feed.txt file still shows the prices without VAT.

All products in the osCommerce database include a Net price (excluding VAT) and a Gross price (including 20% VAT)

Rather than paste the whole file, I'll just paste (what I understand to be) the relevant lines from Googlefeeder.php:

Line 46 (I set the value to 2):

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_INCLUDE_TAX', 2);	 //0 = no tax, 1 = uses google method, 2 = UK Vat

Lines 83-84 (not edited):

define('OPTIONS_TAX_RATE' , '20.0'); //default = 0 (e.g. for 20.0% tax use "$taxRate = 20.0;") //only used in the next line
define('OPTIONS_TAX_CALC', (OPTIONS_ENABLED_INCLUDE_TAX == 2 ? (OPTIONS_TAX_RATE/100) + 1 : '1')); //UK. US tax rate - US is ignorded since it is 1

Line 207 (not edited):

FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * " . OPTIONS_TAX_CALC . ",2) AS price,

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Edited by AXOSC

It's better to use the tax setting in the googlebase account. Though I can't say if it works for the UK or not. I would check that first though.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It's better to use the tax setting in the googlebase account. Though I can't say if it works for the UK or not. I would check that first though.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I had already checked that in the Google Merchant Centre account, and the tax setting is for US only, which is confirmed in Google's support docs:

"The 'tax' attribute is only applicable to feeds targeting the US – for all other countries except for Canada and India, value added tax (VAT) has to be included in the price."

"
tax

This attribute is only available in the US. For feeds targeting the United Kingdom the price attribute should include VAT."

Source: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?hl=en-GB

Just to confirm, I need the data feed to add UK VAT (20%) to the product prices.

Also, something I said in my earlier post was incorrect: "All products in the osCommerce database include a Net price (excluding VAT) and a Gross price (including 20% VAT)".

What I meant to say was that all the products in the database have VAT applied to them in the admin, but of course the only price stored in the products table in the database is the Net Price (excluding VAT).

Edited by AXOSC

I don't know why it is failing for you. I've installed it in UK shops and not had a problem, as I recall. I know there are other shop owners with UK shops that have posted here and I vaguely remember a question about VAT. So all I can suggest is that you go back through the thread and see if you can find it or use google to search for it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't know why it is failing for you. I've installed it in UK shops and not had a problem, as I recall. I know there are other shop owners with UK shops that have posted here and I vaguely remember a question about VAT. So all I can suggest is that you go back through the thread and see if you can find it or use google to search for it.

I'm trying to search through previous posts, but with so many pages, it's not easy - especially when searching the thread with search terms 'uk', 'vat' and 'tax' as those words appear every time someone posts a copy of the PHP code, regardless of whether they are asking a question about a problem relating to tax being added to the feed or not.

Just noticed something in the comment on the following line of the PHP file:

define('OPTIONS_TAX_RATE' , '20.0'); //default = 0 (e.g. for 20.0% tax use "$taxRate = 20.0;") //only used in the next line

Is that comment saying that the tax value should actually be added as "$taxRate = 20.0;", as shown below?

define('OPTIONS_TAX_RATE' , '$taxRate = 20.0;'); //default = 0 (e.g. for 20.0% tax use "$taxRate = 20.0;") //only used in the next line

Edited by AXOSC

Ignore my post above (I retained the first setting: '20.0'). It seems the feed is now adding VAT to the prices.

It started working after I switched on the setting to ignore products with price/qty of 0.

define('OPTIONS_IGNORE_PRODUCT_PRICE', 1);  //0 = include products with price of 0 in output, 1 = ignore products with price of 0
define('OPTIONS_IGNORE_PRODUCT_ZERO', 1);  //0 = include products with qty of 0 in output, 1 = ignore products with qty of 0

Don't know why that would affect VAT being added to prices for products that weren't affected by the above settings (i.e. products that are in stock with a price set to more than 0), but it seemed to do the trick.

Okay thank you, however these are the error messages I get when trying to create a datafeed...Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_db_fetch_object() in...../googlefeeder.php on line 259

Warning: mysqli_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /...../database.php on line 132

Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /..../database.php on line 50

Warning: mysqli_errno() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /..../database.php on line 50

Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /..../database.php on line 50

-

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = ''

[TEP STOP]

Thank you :)

Hello All, I have exactly the same, has anybody found the fix for this yet ?

Thnaks

Hi All,

as you know google want now brand, mpn and gtin (2 of 3 min.).

I want to write code to have mpn = products_model if mpn is null.

I wrote this:

switch (OPTIONS_MPN) {

case 'name': $extraFields .= ' IFNULL (oscpro_products.products_details_original_supplier_code, oscpro_products.products_model) as mpn), '; break;

What's wrong?

Thank you,

Fabio

As Jack, I did not know the account database. Now I understand ... Many thanks.

When trying to make changes in step 7, I could not find the text;

"mysqli_fetch_field function ($ query) {

mysql_fetch_field return ($ query);

} "

The closest thing I've found is:

"tep_db_fetch_fields function ($ db_query) {

mysql_fetch_field return ($ db_query);

} "

And now I get the following error in the manager:

"Fatal error: Can not redeclare mysqli_fetch_object () in / home / www / domainname.com / admin / includes / functions / database.php on line 130"

And on the web;

"Fatal error: Can not redeclare mysqli_fetch_object () in / home / www / domainname.com / includes / functions / database.php on line 126"

I know nothing of progamación, I'm a rookie. . I do not know how to change those lines. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

consuelo

• 3 weeks later...

I have just installed the latest version of this on a copy of v2.3.3.4 and there seems to be a few minor problems 'straight out of the box'

I have followed all install instructions, but when running for the first time googlefeeder.php throws 3 error messages regarding call to undefined function tep_db_fetch_object, so I have changed these 3 references in googlefeeder.php to mysqli_fetch_object and the script runs without error.

The installation instructions state:

a) FIND:
function mysqli_fetch_field($query) {
   return mysql_fetch_field($query);
 }

ADD BELOW:
//BOF additional features 
 function mysqli_fetch_object($result,$class_name='stdClass') {
   return mysql_fetch_object($result,$class_name);
 }
//EOF additional features
B) FIND:
 }

ADD BELOW:
 }

Surely there should be a reference to tep_db_fetch_object here somewhere?

Anyway, now to spend some time actually getting my configuration working as it needs to... :)

• 3 weeks later...

hi to all!

I had the same issue in my 2.3.3.4 Version Shop as Paul_w (messages regarding call to undefined function tep_db_fetch_object). I replaced the 3 references in googlefeeder.php to mysqli_fetch_object and the script runs without error.

Okay, the script seems to run, but i do not get any products into the feed-file. Does anyone have any ideas where i can start so search after the problem? i just doubleckecked the files and installation....looks correct :-(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have just installed the latest version of this on a copy of v2.3.3.4 and there seems to be a few minor problems 'straight out of the box'

I have followed all install instructions, but when running for the first time googlefeeder.php throws 3 error messages regarding call to undefined function tep_db_fetch_object, so I have changed these 3 references in googlefeeder.php to mysqli_fetch_object and the script runs without error.

The installation instructions state:

a) FIND:
}

ADD BELOW:
}
B) FIND:
}

ADD BELOW:
}

Surely there should be a reference to tep_db_fetch_object here somewhere?

Anyway, now to spend some time actually getting my configuration working as it needs to... :)

Change to this quite easy

function tep_db_fetch_object($result,$class_name='stdClass') {

}

works for me

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I get this error message when try to upload to google

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ftp_connect() in /home/MYWEBSITE/htdocs/catalog/adminarea/googlefeeder.php on line 558

Any ideas?

Thanks

luke