• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ftp_connect() in /customers/5/9/2/irhmedia.co.uk/httpd.www/administration/googlefeeder.php on line 566

Does it mean its didnt work cause of the fatal error line at the bottom

The results show that the feed was created but it couldn't be uploaded because of the missing function, as shown above. You need to contact your host and ask them to fix that.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I spoke to my host and they said its because they do not support the ftp_connect()

Then you need to use googles option of creating and uploading the feed (see earlier posts regarding this) or switch to a host that is serious about hosting.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

Is there away so when my items show in Google, that the list in the following mannor.

Manufacturer Name -> Model Number -> Title

Currently the way mine list in Google is,

Title -> Site Name.

I do not see any seetings to change in googlefeeder.php to change the layout.

Thanks JR

You can edit it that file it won't gain you anything. Google doesn't require a certain layout nor will they pay attention to a changed one.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Thank you for the reply

I spoke to my host and they said its because they do not support the ftp_connect()

Shared hosting will not allow you to FTP from Godaddy, and that may be the same if you are using shared hosting... or a bad hosting service. However, you can pull the feed via FTP from Google, TheFind and Bing. They all have that mechanism in place. Google and The Find are easy to find in their dashboards. Bing's you will have to dig for it under Tools/FTP Settings. Good luck.

Edited by videod

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

i had include the addon.

But when i create the Google data feed i became the error:

Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in /homepages/1/d12345678/htdocs/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 68

What is my mistake

Best regards

If you turn off that contribution and turn the seo option off in the googlefeeder.php file, does the error still occur? If not, it is a problem with that contribution. If it does, then you have something wrong in your setup since this contribution won't be using that contribution at that point.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I had in the googlefeeder.php set to false an in the admin i set the seo to false.

I became the error:

Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in /homepages/1/d123456789/htdocs/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 68

Best regards

• 4 weeks later...

I had in the googlefeeder.php set to false an in the admin i set the seo to false.

I became the error:

Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in /homepages/1/d123456789/htdocs/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 68

Best regards

The error is telling you you need to contact the developer of SEO 5.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

When I have products_model enabled I get a error on the upload (Unrecognized attribute: model). Should this option be disabled?

JR

The feed should be accepted without that option set. But the error sounds like it is saying it is looking for an attribute so you may have the options setup incorrectly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

With googles new switching to paid listings, I have switched to Bing shopping and have started using bingfeeder.php

The problem I am having is the availability column is not acceptable as a 1 to bing. I get the following. Unknown product StockStatus listed in feed. Use only 'In stock', 'Out of Stock', 'Pre-Order' and 'Back-Order'

I have gone in and manually changed the feed file replacing all 1 with In stock, and it works that way, but is there some code I can add to bingfeeder.php so it does it automatically?

With googles new switching to paid listings, I have switched to Bing shopping and have started using bingfeeder.php

The problem I am having is the availability column is not acceptable as a 1 to bing. I get the following. Unknown product StockStatus listed in feed. Use only 'In stock', 'Out of Stock', 'Pre-Order' and 'Back-Order'

I have gone in and manually changed the feed file replacing all 1 with In stock, and it works that way, but is there some code I can add to bingfeeder.php so it does it automatically?

You can compare the bingfeeder file with the googlefeeder file and copy the code that has to do with availability and then change the types of availability options.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

Can you explain how I would setup weight based shipping in the googlefeeder file?

I went through and see the area (in the googlefeeder.php file) where it shows options based on type of shipping (like ground, overnight, 2 day, and I can enter in my own values.

But I can't figure out how to have it setup with a weight based scale, like I use in osc. For example, up to 1lb $3.40, 1.01 lbs to 3lbs $4.20, 3.01 lbs to 6.0lbs $5.00

Jack,

Can you explain how I would setup weight based shipping in the googlefeeder file?

I went through and see the area (in the googlefeeder.php file) where it shows options based on type of shipping (like ground, overnight, 2 day, and I can enter in my own values.

But I can't figure out how to have it setup with a weight based scale, like I use in osc. For example, up to 1lb $3.40, 1.01 lbs to 3lbs $4.20, 3.01 lbs to 6.0lbs $5.00

You can't do that in the settings, as far as I know. But you can setup such an option in the googlebase shipping section, last I looked.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You can't do that in the settings, as far as I know. But you can setup such an option in the googlebase shipping section, last I looked.

Okay. Thanks.

I also found my problem. My feed was being "disapproved" because it said the shipping wasn't defined. But it was all setup in my "settings" section of my google merchant account.

What I found is there is a checkbox there too, marked "default" it wasn't clicked. So everything should be good again now.

But if anyone else has this issue, click the default checkbox.

I've just installed the add on and have been getting the feed and loading it manually up to Google Shopping.

However, I'm getting crawl errors with the links supplied in my feed.

Using 'Fetch as Google' I'm getting 200 OK responses to my bog standard html pages and images etc., but any php script in OsCommerce is being returned as a 500 internal server error, so as Google can't crawl/access my OSC pages it won't display my items in Google Shopping.

Does anybody have any idea whats causing the error?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this module installed, when I click on "Create and do not upload a Google Base data feed" I get an empty googlebase.txt can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

IT is probably due to the language. If you are using the latest version, the language should be figured out automatically but that may be failing for some reason. You will need to determine the ID of the default language and change the setting in the googlefeeder.php file to use it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons