• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

A simple request to assist lesser PHP/SQL capable people such as myself.

In admin/googlefeeder.php, line 16 could the instructions be made just a bit clearer?

define('FTP_ENABLED', (isset($_GET['noftp']) ? '0' : '1'));	  //set to 0 to disable

I found it difficult to work out what to change to disable as I do not use the FTP option. After numerous attempts I eventualy worked out that it is the LAST '1' that needs to be changed. Could I suggest;

define('FTP_ENABLED', (isset($_GET['noftp']) ? '0' : '1'));	  //set the last value to 0 to disable

Thanks.

In admin/googlefeeder.php, line 16 could the instructions be made just a bit clearer?

I found it difficult to work out what to change to disable as I do not use the FTP option. After numerous attempts I eventualy worked out that it is the LAST '1' that needs to be changed. Could I suggest;

You shouldn't change that line at all. It used to be a setting but isn't any longer. It was left where it is just because it was there before I changed it. I'll move it out of the settings section in the next version. I apologize for the confusion it caused.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

just installed the Google Auto Feeder.

But it seems that the script doesn't collects any products.

I'm getting the message:

"Feed contains 0 products."

when I try to "create and do not upload a GoogleBase datafeed".

Any hints where I could locate the problem?

Best regards,

Carsten

Hello,

just installed the Google Auto Feeder.

But it seems that the script doesn't collects any products.

I'm getting the message:

"Feed contains 0 products."

when I try to "create and do not upload a GoogleBase datafeed".

Any hints where I could locate the problem?

Best regards,

Carsten

It could be you have the options set to ignore price and/or quantities.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

hmm, settings are:

define('OPTIONS_IGNORE_PRODUCT_PRICE', 0);

define('OPTIONS_IGNORE_PRODUCT_ZERO', 0);

Any other ideas?

Best regards,

Carsten

Hi Jack,

hmm, settings are:

define('OPTIONS_IGNORE_PRODUCT_PRICE', 0);

define('OPTIONS_IGNORE_PRODUCT_ZERO', 0);

Any other ideas?

The only other thing I can think of is that the language ID is set to 1. Maybe your default language uses a different ID. You can go to admin->Localization->Languages, select the default language (you may have to click edit) and the ID will be shown in the url.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks, Jack. That did the trick.

It's language ID 2 for us.

I do have another question:

I'd like to have the prices including tax. Right now the prices will be transmitted without tax. I don't understand the tax options - what do I have to do to get the taxes inclued?

Best regards,

Carsten

You are missing the definition because you didn't convert the googlefeeder file correctly. You should replace your googlefeeder file completely and then set up the new one.

thanks jack.

thought it was simple enough to just copy and paste. evidently not. all sorted now

thanks again

Hi There,

I have just installed this add-on and as per Google option, work great!!

There is an small issue though. When I click on the "Create and do not upload a Bing datafeed" option, I've got

Warning: include_once(../includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/94/8205194/html/zumzila/catalog/ex0du5/bingfeeder.php on line 82

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '../includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/94/8205194/html/zumzila/catalog/ex0du5/bingfeeder.php on line 82

Fatal error: Class 'SEO_URL' not found in /home/content/94/8205194/html/zumzila/catalog/ex0du5/bingfeeder.php on line 83

I understand this is because the "seo.class.php" does not exist. I have installed "Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO" from FWR and does not use this file.

Any suggestions how can I fix this??

Thanks in advance.....Cheers

Edited by trauko

Hi There,

I have just installed this add-on and as per Google option, work great!!

There is an small issue though. When I click on the "Create and do not upload a Bing datafeed" option, I've got

Warning: include_once(../includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

The Bing option is not ready for use.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I upgraded from V1.2 as all my products were disapproved when Google made the changes. ALL products now approved - thanks for that.

However, search clicks have dropped to zero (looking at Merchant Center, dashboard). The data quality lists errors

Error type Percentage Count

Missing Unique Product Identifiers 50% 1,502

Broken images 100% 2,992

I created a feed file and examined it.

The ID field has a unique number in each line assuming that this is the Unique Product Identifier Google are referring to.

Idiots guide request;

The image_link field was a mess. I have now worked out why. I misunderstood the config line in googlefeeder.php

define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'http://thestoreindevon.com'); //your correct domain name (don't include www unless it is used)

What is needed here is NOT the domain name but the URL of the store WITHOUT the leading http://. My correct entry is now

define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'thestoreindevon.com/shop'); //your correct domain name (don't include www unless it is used)

This produces a valid image link for Google. Could the comments be modified to better indicate what is required?

I am uploading the latest text file in the hopes it improves search clicks while the 'Unique Product Identifier' issue is being sorted out.

Any idea why I am getting "Missing Unique Product Identifiers 50%"? I can post config or output if requested.

I upgraded from V1.2 as all my products were disapproved when Google made the changes. ALL products now approved - thanks for that.

However, search clicks have dropped to zero (looking at Merchant Center, dashboard). The data quality lists errors

Error type Percentage Count

Missing Unique Product Identifiers 50% 1,502

Broken images 100% 2,992

I created a feed file and examined it.

The ID field has a unique number in each line assuming that this is the Unique Product Identifier Google are referring to.

Idiots guide request;

The image_link field was a mess. I have now worked out why. I misunderstood the config line in googlefeeder.php

define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'http://thestoreindevon.com'); //your correct domain name (don't include www unless it is used)

What is needed here is NOT the domain name but the URL of the store WITHOUT the leading http://. My correct entry is now

define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'thestoreindevon.com/shop'); //your correct domain name (don't include www unless it is used)

This produces a valid image link for Google. Could the comments be modified to better indicate what is required?

I am uploading the latest text file in the hopes it improves search clicks while the 'Unique Product Identifier' issue is being sorted out.

Any idea why I am getting "Missing Unique Product Identifiers 50%"? I can post config or output if requested.

You only have to fix things that fall into the category of Item Errors (in your google account), not Item Warnings. It is better to fix the latter if possible though. The unique idetifiers are the Brand, ISPN, GTIN and MPN columns. Most shops can get by with using the Brand and MPN. If you enable those options in the feed, they are set to load from common parts of your database, which may or may not be filled in. You have to look at the feed before uploading to determine if those are the best choices.

Regarding your domain name, your domain name is thestoreindevon.com, not http://thestoreindevon.com, which is the url. So the instructions are correct. Although they should mention to add the shops directory, if it exists, which I will do in the next version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You only have to fix things that fall into the category of Item Errors (in your google account), not Item Warnings. It is better to fix the latter if possible though. The unique idetifiers are the Brand, ISPN, GTIN and MPN columns. Most shops can get by with using the Brand and MPN. If you enable those options in the feed, they are set to load from common parts of your database, which may or may not be filled in. You have to look at the feed before uploading to determine if those are the best choices.

We run an 'own brand' website so never use any of those fields. I have enabled Brand and set it to 'name' in googlefeeder.php. The output file now appears to contain what Google want so I uploaded it and am waiting to see what the results are - fingers crossed.

Sorry for the double post.

Results from the latest feed upload are that the following errors are reported;

Missing Unique Product Identifiers 1,613 items 52% of total

Broken images 3 <1%

The images I can live but 52% of UPI is a real problem.

I did some digging in the Google help pages and have learned that following;

"Please note that it is possible that none of your products will appear in Product Search if your product data does not include the required unique product identifiers in all categories except for custom-made goods"

Category 'All Other' requires at least two of the following three identifiers: UPCEAN or JAN, Brand, MPN

The config of googlefeeder.php has the following option

define('OPTIONS_BRAND', 'name');				//leave blank to load from the database field named products_brand, set to "name"  to substitute the products name, manu to substitute the manufactueres name or model to substitute the products model

I set this to 'name' but the products we list often have the same 'name' which does not help.

I have searched a sql dump of the database and can not find products_brand anywhere so that does not seem to be an option.

Even if name or brand worked I still need an additional UPCEAN, JAN or MPN which we do not have.

We sell loose jewellery making products which we buy in bulk and resell in smaller quantities. I am sure we are not alone in stocking products that do not have these numbers.

I am going to try to get an exemption http://www.google.co...ue_id_exemption after readin the following.

For your products in all product categories, except the apparel and custom made categories, please make sure that you are including unique identifier attributes such as “GTIN”, “Brand”, “MPN”, or “ISBN.” It is possible that none of your products will appear in Google Product Search results without the required unique product identifiers.

If these values are unavailable for your products, please request an exemption from the contact form below. We’ll review your request and respond to you within 3 business days. Note: if other retailers are able to provide unique identifiers for the same products, we won't be able to grant you an exemption.

It will take up to 3 days but is worth a shot if it gets our products back in the search results.

Hi

I have an old version of this installed on my site. I brought the site back to life from some backups. . . .

I am going to have my programmer update it so it will work with the new Google specification.

It's my understanding that some shops require additional database fields to meet google requirements.

Since my site deals with Apparel & Accessories its my understanding it will require additional coding.

My programmer wants to know what additional coding he will need to do to "implement the feed in a proper way."

Thanks in advance!

Success = Google granted an exemption. Search clicks are beginning to return to their previous level.

Thank you for requesting an exemption for unique product identifiers. We're sending this email to inform you that your exemption has been approved. Your items will not be affected by this requirement. However, items may continue to be flagged in the data quality tab even after your account is exempted from the unique product identifier requirement.

Additionally, please continue including valid unique product identifiers in your data feed for all items which have them.

I would like to include as much information as possible such as 'Brand' but as I previously posted;

I have searched a sql dump of the database and can not find products_brand anywhere so that does not seem to be an option.

I use Easy Populate for bulk uploads and can not find 'brand' in there either. In EP I can automatically populate the field 'manufacturer' to our store name and then make the following change in googlefeeder.php line 55

define('OPTIONS_BRAND', 'name');

Change to

define('OPTIONS_BRAND', 'manu');

I can not think of any way of generating a UNIQUE product identifier for each of our products - suggestions welcome.

This has been documented so that anyone else in a similar situation can find a possible solution to this issue.

I would like to include as much information as possible such as 'Brand' but as I previously posted;

I use Easy Populate for bulk uploads and can not find 'brand' in there either. In EP I can automatically populate the field 'manufacturer' to our store name and then make the following change in googlefeeder.php line 55

define('OPTIONS_BRAND', 'name');

Change to

define('OPTIONS_BRAND', 'manu');

I can not think of any way of generating a UNIQUE product identifier for each of our products - suggestions welcome.

This has been documented so that anyone else in a similar situation can find a possible solution to this issue.

The brand field isn't a standard database field so it won't be in easy populate. You have to add it (see that support thread on how to do that). I think you are misunderstanding about the unique identifies. Google tells you what columns can be used for those. As already mentioned, most sites can get away with using Brand and MPN, set to some pre-populated part of the database. Taking the time to create unique entries for either of those won't do you any good. If the data used is common data, like IBM for an entry in the MPN column, then it will help your listings to have them correct. Otherwise, it doesn't make any difference. At least, that has been my experience so far.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I have upgrade it from V2.8 to V2.9 evey thing work (manually) but I am haveing the following error for corn (auto upload from my server):

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function retrieveDependencies() on a non-object in /home/..../includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/uri_modules/rewrite.php on line 84

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.6

the corn was working with V2.8.

Hi

I have upgrade it from V2.8 to V2.9 evey thing work (manually) but I am haveing the following error for corn (auto upload from my server):

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function retrieveDependencies() on a non-object in /home/..../includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/uri_modules/rewrite.php on line 84

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.6

the corn was working with V2.8.

The new version was changed in how it handles seo urls to allow it to work with other seo contributions. The problem you are having is with SEO 5 so you will need to ask in that support thread for help on that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Than you very much for your fast response, but the error I am geting is when I run the corn jobe for googlefeeder not SEO 5 (Cron <...@server2> /usr/bin/php /home/......../googlefeeder.php). the error there even when I set define('SEO_ENABLED','false').

The brand field isn't a standard database field so it won't be in easy populate. You have to add it (see that support thread on how to do that).

I was hoping that setting line 55 to use manufacturer and pre-filling EP manufacturer field with the store name would fulfil one of Google's requirements.

The unique identifiers issue might be satisfied if the following conditions can be met. (http://www.google.co...B&answer=160161)

In addition, a Manufacturer Part Number (MPN) can be used to identify a specific product in the 'mpn' attribute if it is accompanied by the manufacturer's brand name in the 'brand' attribute.

Unfortunately I, and probably a few other here, am not a web-master or coder. I needed a website so have struggled to learn what is needed to make a site work through necessity. My goal is to fulfill Google's requirements by somehow submitting the existing Manufacturer and Products Model data as 'brand' and UPI. I already have a unique Products Model for each item stocked. I can pre-fill manufacturer with the store name or abbreviation (The Store in Devon = TSID). I am just trying to work out how to achieve this goal.

Than you very much for your fast response, but the error I am geting is when I run the corn jobe for googlefeeder not SEO 5 (Cron <...@server2> /usr/bin/php /home/......../googlefeeder.php). the error there even when I set define('SEO_ENABLED','false').

The error is saying it can't find the function named "retrieveDependencies." That is not part of this contribution. I assume it is part of SEO 5 but it may not be. In any event, you have to find the reason that is missing to fix the problem and since it is not part of this contribution, I can't help with it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons