• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Yes,it will work with 2.3. This contribution is used to get your products listed in googles shopping cart. Uploading a datafeed is the only way to get listed there. The google sitemaps are for creating links to your categories/prodicts and affects your ranking in the search engines pages so the two serve two completely different purposes and both should be installed.

Thank you Jack

Warning: include_once(../includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/*******/googlefeeder.php on line 101

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '../includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php52/lib/php') in /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/*******/googlefeeder.php on line 101

Fatal error: Class 'SEO_URL' not found in /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/*****/googlefeeder.php on line 102

It seem to work if I turn SEO to false?

Please advise

Cheers

Yes, I disabled some options which were enabled and it works perfect now, only error I get is from Google stating this:

Too few column delimiters (93 errors)

Your items contain fewer attributes than those specified in the header row. Learn more.

Examples: Line Nr.

On all my products, where is that from?

It means the datafeed has a certain number of columns but, at least, one of them is empty. That will happen if, for example, you emable an option to display the model number but your products don't have model numbers. You have to look at the feed to be sure what column they are referring to.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You are probably not using Ultimate SEO V2.2d as arewriter. In that case, you need to apply a change to the file. The change is posted somewhere in this thread is all I can tell you about it. There is also a file that was uploaded with that change in it. it is old now and now completely compatible but you can compare it to find the differences.

Ok thanks for that, i've done a search using the term SEO V2.2d but nothing came up, so i'll flick through manually later.

Cheers

Will

what ever you do. if you are going to use this incredably invaluable tool then please use the add-on created by

thewrath1

as a temporary measure until jack uploads a proper version that will make google love us once again.

i didnt think i needed it until i re-uploaded my google feed and i fell of the map. google disapproved all my products. it only takes a small ammount of time to do but its worth more than you have done before.

the reason i didnt do it was because i thought i needed the upc. in actual fact i got confused with the ean so im the same as thewrath1. dont use it, never have and probably never will so it might aswell be used as the most important part of googles most recent changes.

thanks thewrath1 great job.

P.S. anyone who uses TheWrath1's file make sure you change the options back to what you had them before! For the life of me I couldn't figure out why my products in the feed where displaying a higher price than what oscommerce showed. Then I saw the taxrate had been set to 20.0!!

Does anyone use the Made_in field? I want to start using it but couldn't find a Made_in field for products in OScommerce 2.2. I was thinking I would just add another field to the products table and call it "Made_in" then populate it with the correct data. Would that work?

A new version, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4513, has been uploaded with the following changes:

- Added code to allow the manufacturers name to be used as the brand so that a new field is not required

- Added code to ue the products name for brand is there isn't a manufaturers name

- Added code to display warnings in the results

- Added to the list of items to be deleted from the decription

- Added option for availability

- Added option for mpn

- Added option for google product category

- Added option for setting the date format

- Added option for excluding products with price of 0 or less

- Added option for changing the thousand point in the price

- Added option for applying VAT

- Changed code to allow it to work with other url rewriters

- Changed model option to display the model instead of mpn

- Cleaned up the code a little

- Removed the manufacturer option

- Removed the payment accepted option

- Removed the quantity option

Due to the many problems people had with the previous settings, only a few settings are enabled in this version. That means this will not work as is. You must edit the googlefeeder.php file and setup the options in order for this to work correctly. All of the options have instructions beside them.

Also, this contribution probably won't be of much use to any site that sells products that fall into googles group of specialized categories (apparel, meida and software) since those require additional coding that is beyond the scope of this contribution.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

It means the datafeed has a certain number of columns but, at least, one of them is empty. That will happen if, for example, you emable an option to display the model number but your products don't have model numbers. You have to look at the feed to be sure what column they are referring to.

Jack here is what i have in my feeder, for example I enabled product type; and have placed these in the product type option:

define('OPTIONS_PRODUCT_TYPE', 'Apparel & Accessories > Clothing Accessories > Sunglasses, Apparel & Accessories > Watches, Apparel & Accessories > Clothing Accessories > Hats > Fedoras, Electronics > Video > Televisions > Flat Panel Televisions, Electronics > Video > Video Players & Recorders > Digital Video Recorders, Apparel & Accessories > Clothing Accessories > Wallets & Money Clips, Electronics > Audio > Audio Players & Recorders > MP3 Players ');

Is this correct?

Now, do I have to add : Apparel & Accessories > Clothing Accessories > Sunglasses into an item description and the feeder will correct it? Or what is the right way? Thanks.

Jack here is what i have in my feeder, for example I enabled product type; and have placed these in the product type option:

define('OPTIONS_PRODUCT_TYPE', 'Apparel & Accessories > Clothing Accessories > Sunglasses, Apparel & Accessories > Watches, Apparel & Accessories > Clothing Accessories > Hats > Fedoras, Electronics > Video > Televisions > Flat Panel Televisions, Electronics > Video > Video Players & Recorders > Digital Video Recorders, Apparel & Accessories > Clothing Accessories > Wallets & Money Clips, Electronics > Audio > Audio Players & Recorders > MP3 Players ');

Is this correct?

No, the product type option only has two options: full or nothing (blank). See the instructions for that field in the googlefeeder.php file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4513, has been uploaded with the following changes:

- Added code to allow the manufacturers name to be used as the brand so that a new field is not required

- Added code to ue the products name for brand is there isn't a manufaturers name

- Added code to display warnings in the results

- Added to the list of items to be deleted from the decription

- Added option for availability

- Added option for mpn

- Added option for google product category

- Added option for setting the date format

- Added option for excluding products with price of 0 or less

- Added option for changing the thousand point in the price

- Added option for applying VAT

- Changed code to allow it to work with other url rewriters

- Changed model option to display the model instead of mpn

- Cleaned up the code a little

- Removed the manufacturer option

- Removed the payment accepted option

- Removed the quantity option

Due to the many problems people had with the previous settings, only a few settings are enabled in this version. That means this will not work as is. You must edit the googlefeeder.php file and setup the options in order for this to work correctly. All of the options have instructions beside them.

Also, this contribution probably won't be of much use to any site that sells products that fall into googles group of specialized categories (apparel, meida and software) since those require additional coding that is beyond the scope of this contribution.

Thank you Jack,

Any tip on how to update from the 2.8?

Cheers

Any tip on how to update from the 2.8?

You just need to make the change to the english file, which are in the instructions, and uploae the files. You'll need fill in the settings in the new googlefeeder file, of course.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack

I get following error:

: SQL error Unknown column 'DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_ID' in 'where clause'| catInfo = SELECT categories.categories_id AS curCatID, categories.parent_id AS parentCatID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM categories, categories_description WHERE categories.categories_id = categories_description.categories_id AND categories_description.language_id = DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_ID

'I tried the solution with the languages few pages before without success. Do you can help me?..

Thanks.

Jack

I get following error:

: SQL error Unknown column 'DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_ID' in 'where clause'| catInfo = SELECT categories.categories_id AS curCatID, categories.parent_id AS parentCatID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM categories, categories_description WHERE categories.categories_id = categories_description.categories_id AND categories_description.language_id = DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_ID

'I tried the solution with the languages few pages before without success. Do you can help me?..

Thanks.

If you tried merging your old googlefeeder with the new one, you missed some changes. That's the only reason I can think of that happening.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You just need to make the change to the english file, which are in the instructions, and uploae the files. You'll need fill in the settings in the new googlefeeder file, of course.

Thank you, Jack

Jack,

I just wanted to stop and take the time to thank you for taking over this contribution. I know you put a lot of your own, valuable time into this and you don't get enough credit for it.

Further, with Google changing the rules all the time, it requires constant upkeep. I know that can't be a lot of fun and I know that you'll say that you just built on the work of others, but, you're the one people always ask.

Again, thank you for adopting this contribution and all the other code you've written to make people's lives a whole lot simpler.

Richard

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

I don't usually respond to posts saying thanks only in an effort to limit the amount of posts people searching for things have to go through, but I am always appreciative that someone takes the time to say it. It does help to know my work is helping others. :)

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

Sorry if I sound like a complete idiot, but it may be the case.

I've installed this, but I'm having trouble working out the configuration for MPN. Where exactly does it get the codes from? Presumably they need to be put in manually in the admin side somewhere, but I'm not sure how to go about this. I would have expected an SQL update would be required with this script?

Any help from anyone would be much appreciated!

Hi,

Sorry if I sound like a complete idiot, but it may be the case.

I've installed this, but I'm having trouble working out the configuration for MPN. Where exactly does it get the codes from? Presumably they need to be put in manually in the admin side somewhere, but I'm not sure how to go about this. I would have expected an SQL update would be required with this script?

Any help from anyone would be much appreciated!

Some of the options, like MPN, have multiple settings, as explained in the settings. If you want to supply your own values, you have to create the needed database field and the code needed to handle it. Providing all of that is beyond the scope of this contributon, especially since it is specific to each site. Plus, the MPN can usually be set to one of the non-database options so it would be a waste of time to code that. If google requires it because of your product line, then you will have to handle adding it yourself.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack. I've set it all up since I posted. I've created the MPN and UPC fields in the product page (though they're not displayed publicly). The feed pulls the information from the fields correctly and that works fine.

Is there anything else I should be aware of that I may have missed?

My sincerest thanks go to you and everybody else who has contributed to this great... contribution.