• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Hi there!

I just installed the Google Feeder contri (GoogleFeeder_V_2.8 EU_1_2) wich can be found here; http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4513

It seems to have installed just fine, i see the option in my admin, it also creates, saves and uploads a feed to Google.

However, this feed does not contain any articles?

it only shows:

link title description price image_link id condition expiration_date payment_accepted mpn product_type tax

Anybody can help me with this ?

Google shows that the file is recieved however 'no articles are inserted' wich isnt suprising since there are no articles in the feed.txt ?

Any help is welcome, if more info is needed kindly let me know.

many thanks in advance!

regards,

Rayen

As far as I am aware, only products are listed in the feed not articles

i am getting warning from google with regards my feed

Some of your items do not have valid unique product identifiers. Please add valid unique product identifiers. Otherwise, it's possible that none of your items will appear in Google search results. Learn more

588 items 97% of total

Examples from your items: Identifier

Excel Therapy O2 365 Soft Scrub Missing

Lipstick - Chocolate Missing

Eyeshadow Mono - Sunbeam Missing

Orly Nail Polish - BERRY BLAST 18ml Missing

Eyeshadow Duo - Halloween Missing

could someone please tell me what i need to do. im not sure if google penalises for having things missing that it prefers there.

thanks

could someone please help me with this. i have posted this question numerous time with no reply. i know that the help is given by choice and i shouldnt expect it really. but i am concerned that none of my products are going to show on google shopping.

sorry for being abrubt but i have no other source of information.

thanks

i am getting warning from google with regards my feed

Some of your items do not have valid unique product identifiers. Please add valid unique product identifiers. Otherwise, it's possible that none of your items will appear in Google search results. Learn more

588 items 97% of total

could someone please tell me what i need to do. im not sure if google penalises for having things missing that it prefers there.

thanks

That usually means you have to provide one of the new fields. If you click on the "Learn More" link beside those failures, it will describe the fields you need. There isn't once specific answer to this since the required fields vary with the type of product. Many times, one can get away by enabling the model and brand options in the feed settings.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

That usually means you have to provide one of the new fields. If you click on the "Learn More" link beside those failures, it will describe the fields you need. There isn't once specific answer to this since the required fields vary with the type of product. Many times, one can get away by enabling the model and brand options in the feed settings.

thanks for your reply. i know that each and every item will be different but i dont have an option in the item set up to add a brand.

how do i do that. i already have manufaturer which is in the drop down menu but no brand. i suppose the brand would be the same anyway.

I just installed the Google Feeder contri (GoogleFeeder_V_2.8 EU_1_2) wich can be found here; http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4513

Many times people will upload new versions and then not support them. Unless the person that uploaded that version is going to support it, you are on your own when it comes to problems with it. You may want to try PM'ing that person and see if he will help you.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

i have just enabled brand in googlefeeder.php and i got the following when i tested the feed

: SQL error Unknown column 'products.products_brand' in 'field list'| sql = SELECT concat( 'http://www.vanity-flair-uk.com/product_info.php?products_id=' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName, manufacturers.manufacturers_id, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_quantity AS quantity, products.products_status AS prodStatus, products.products_weight AS prodWeight, products.products_brand as brand, FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price), 2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://www.vanity-flair-uk.com/images/' ,products.products_image) AS image_url, products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, categories.parent_id AS catParentID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM (categories, categories_description, products, products_description, products_to_categories) left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id ) left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date is NULL) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id AND categories_description.language_id = 1 AND products_description.language_id = 1 ORDER BY products.products_id ASC

any suggestions

also you refered to the model. the only thing i have that should be the same the world over is the barcode. how would i input this into first my item and then the googlefeed

Edited by gshutzy

Many times people will upload new versions and then not support them. Unless the person that uploaded that version is going to support it, you are on your own when it comes to problems with it. You may want to try PM'ing that person and see if he will help you.

Perhaps you, or anyone else can help me with a contribution that actually works ?

I dont want that much really, just an easy way to create a feed :P

thanks in advance,

Rayen

i have just enabled brand in googlefeeder.php and i got the following when i tested the feed

also you refered to the model. the only thing i have that should be the same the world over is the barcode. how would i input this into first my item and then the googlefeed

You didn't add the new field to the database. You can read back through this thread for that problem if you would like more details.

For the barcode, you probably should use the GTIN option.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Perhaps you, or anyone else can help me with a contribution that actually works ?

I dont want that much really, just an easy way to create a feed :P

My version works. I don't support other versions. They may work but I've only so much time. If you just chose that version because it was the latest one, then you should replace it with my last version, in my opinion. Otherwise, you have the options I mentioned previously.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You didn't add the new field to the database. You can read back through this thread for that problem if you would like more details.

For the barcode, you probably should use the GTIN option.

hi jack, i have read through your detailed instructions on how to add the brand to the database. the only thing is it does not tell me what file i should be editing.

the contribution you mention. is that for v2.3. if so could you direct me as i can only seem to find it for v2.2.

thanks for all your help

Hello, just installed Google Base V 2.8, everything went smoothly but get a blank page when I click on 'Create and do not upload a GoogleBase datafeed'

I checked the feeds directory and nothing in there.

Please advise what could be wrong?

part of my config as follows:

define('SEO_ENABLED','true');    //Change to 'false' to disable if Ultimate SEO URLs is not installed
define('FEEDNAME', 'ecoarcade.txt');       //from your googlebase account
define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'www.ecoarcade.co.uk'); //your correct domain name (don't include www unless it is used)
define('FTP_USERNAME', 'googleFTP-username'); //created from within your googlebase account
define('FTP_PASSWORD', 'googleFTP-password'); //created from within your googlebase account
define('FTP_ENABLED', (isset($_GET['noftp']) ? '0' : '0'));      //set to 0 to disable
//define('FTP_ENABLED', '0');      //set to 0 to disable
define('CONVERT_CURRENCY', '0'); //set to 0 to disable - only needed if a feed in a difference currecny is required
define('CURRENCY_TYPE', 'GBP');  //(eg. USD, EUR, GBP)
define('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE', 1);   //Change this to the id of your language.  BY default 1 is english
define('QUOTES_CATEGORY_NAME',''); //if the Quotes contribution is installed, enter the name of the quotes category here

didn't understand what to do with define ('FTP_ENABLED', etc

Thanks

Dinesh

hi jack, i have read through your detailed instructions on how to add the brand to the database. the only thing is it does not tell me what file i should be editing.

the contribution you mention. is that for v2.3. if so could you direct me as i can only seem to find it for v2.2.

thanks for all your help

I haven't released a 2.3 compatible version but instructions are in this thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello, just installed Google Base V 2.8, everything went smoothly but get a blank page when I click on 'Create and do not upload a GoogleBase datafeed'

I checked the feeds directory and nothing in there.

Please advise what could be wrong?

part of my config as follows:

define('SEO_ENABLED','true');    //Change to 'false' to disable if Ultimate SEO URLs is not installed
define('FEEDNAME', 'ecoarcade.txt');       //from your googlebase account
define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'www.ecoarcade.co.uk'); //your correct domain name (don't include www unless it is used)
define('FTP_USERNAME', 'googleFTP-username'); //created from within your googlebase account
define('FTP_PASSWORD', 'googleFTP-password'); //created from within your googlebase account
define('FTP_ENABLED', (isset($_GET['noftp']) ? '0' : '0'));      //set to 0 to disable

didn't understand what to do with define ('FTP_ENABLED', etc

I've never ran across a site where nothing was printed on the page so I don't know what is causing that. I can only guess that there is an error and your host has error reporting turned off. First, be sure the permissions on the feed directory are set the same as on the images directory. If that isn't the problem, then you can try inserting the following above the first setting

error_reporting(E_ALL);  
 ini_set('display_errors','1'); 

Don't change the ftp enabled setting. The instruction is from a previous version that I forgot to update.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

My version works. I don't support other versions. They may work but I've only so much time. If you just chose that version because it was the latest one, then you should replace it with my last version, in my opinion. Otherwise, you have the options I mentioned previously.

As suggested i installed your version (GoogleFeeder_V_2.8). However, apart from the option to upload to bing it didnt make a difference unfortunatly. The textfile only contains 6 words;

link title description price image_link id

Any idea what could cause this?

If more info is needed please let me know.

Regards

Rayen

As suggested i installed your version (GoogleFeeder_V_2.8). However, apart from the option to upload to bing it didnt make a difference unfortunatly. The textfile only contains 6 words;

link title description price image_link id

Any idea what could cause this?

What did you want to display? Have you tried enabling any of the settings?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I've never ran across a site where nothing was printed on the page so I don't know what is causing that. I can only guess that there is an error and your host has error reporting turned off. First, be sure the permissions on the feed directory are set the same as on the images directory. If that isn't the problem, then you can try inserting the following above the first setting

error_reporting(E_ALL);  
 ini_set('display_errors','1'); 

Don't change the ftp enabled setting. The instruction is from a previous version that I forgot to update.

Hi Jack

Thanks for your prompt reply. This is the error when I try to create a

Warning: include_once(../includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/ecoarcade.co.uk/public_html/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 103

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '../includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear5') in /home/sites/ecoarcade.co.uk/public_html/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 103

Fatal error: Class 'SEO_URL' not found in /home/sites/ecoarcade.co.uk/public_html/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 104

The feeds directory has been created with the correct privileges.

Thanks

Dinesh

Hi Jack

Thanks for your prompt reply. This is the error when I try to create a

Warning: include_once(../includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/ecoarcade.co.uk/public_html/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 103

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '../includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear5') in /home/sites/ecoarcade.co.uk/public_html/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 103

Fatal error: Class 'SEO_URL' not found in /home/sites/ecoarcade.co.uk/public_html/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 104

The feeds directory has been created with the correct privileges.

Thanks

Dinesh

Hi Jack

Just realised I'm using a different URL package so set the SEO_Enabled to false and the page works, however no data in the ecoarcade.txt file

Thanks

Dinesh

Just realised I'm using a different URL package so set the SEO_Enabled to false and the page works, however no data in the ecoarcade.txt file

This has been covered many times. If you look back through the thread you find what is needed (change the rewriter or use a different google feeder contribution).

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Is there a way to split this, because I switched servers and now I'm having a memory issue

No, not without rewriting the code. You could add sleep statements throughout the code. That should work but some servers won't recognize the delay. As I recall, there instructions for doing this (or hints of doing it) in this thread but it would be difficult to find due to the size of the thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have this options set to 1 but when I look at my feed it is not showing up? Any thoughts?

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_PRODUCT_MODEL', 1); //displays the product model

When that option is enabled it adds the model number in a column named mpn. Is that column in your feed?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons