• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

could someone please tell me how toinput the correct url into the google feed im am getting this error

Invalid URL in attribute: link (511 errors)

We couldn't understand the URL that you submitted. Please check the format of your URL. Learn more.

Examples:

Item Nr. Line No. Value

1 2 product_info.php29

6 7 product_info.php36

10 11 product_info.php40

14 15 product_info.php44

18 19 product_info.php48

as you can see there is no web address. how do i input it please.

thanks.

The Item Nr/Line No. refers to the CVS feed file.

Download it and look at row #2 in your file and you will see the URL they are complaining about.

There IS a workaround, which I will share, but take no responsibility as its not fully error checked:

To give the manufacturer in the 'brand' category:

Find:

if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_BRAND == 1)

$output .= "\t" . (isset($row->brand) ? $row->brand : (strlen(OPTIONS_BRAND) ? OPTIONS_BRAND : "Not Supported"));

Replace with:

if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_BRAND == 1)

$output .= "\t" . (in_array($row->mfgName,explode(",",OPTIONS_MANUFACTURERS_NAME_IGNORE)) ? '' : $row->mfgName);

-----

I also edited googlefeeder.pgp to include UK VAT on the price feed, which you have to do according to Google guidelines unless you state no VAT on the landing page, again a simple edit. Just compare to older versions which supported non US VAT encoding.

Using this fix I must let manufacturer off, or use both with the same data?

Regards!!

YOUR_USER_NAME is generally the userid you login Cpanel with. That userid is used to name your folders.

You should see it in your site configure.php in the full path URL as well.

Hello There

Thank you for your reply,

It appears to have been set up now, I receive email informing message

File completed: <a href="../feeds/your-outfile.txt" target="_blank">your-outfile.txt</a><br>

Connected to uploads.google.com, etc

I will update store later on to test it again

Thanks for everyone with your replies much appreciated.

Regards

If you need BRAND and MANUFACTURER for a UK Store Feed... heres the simple workaround to make Jacs file work.

For UK Store Owners.

in googlefeeder.php

//FIND

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_BRAND', 0);

//CHANGE TO

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_BRAND', 1);

//FIND

$extraFields .= ' products.products_brand as brand, ';

//CHANGE TO

$extraFields .= ' manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS brand, ';

You will end up with a feed with

Brand (Manufacturer Name)

Manufacturer (Manufacturer Name (Same))

MPN (Manufacturer Part Number)

2 of the 3 New Requirements that Google now require for a UK Feed. Simples.

Q/ How many therapist's does it take to change a lightbulb?

A/ Two. But the lightbulb has to really 'want' to change.

UK Store Feeds who need the VAT to be Correct in Google Feeds -

FIND

/*************** BEGIN MASTER SETTINGS ******************/

REPLACE WITH

/*************** BEGIN MASTER SETTINGS ******************/

$taxRate = 20.0; //default = 0 (e.g. for 20.0% tax use "$taxRate = 20.0;")

$taxCalc = ($taxRate/100) + 1; //Do not edit

FIND

FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price), 2) AS price,

REPLACE WITH

FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * " . $taxCalc . ",2) AS price,

MAKE SURE THIS IS SET TO 0 and not 1

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_INCLUDE_TAX', 0);

Done. Simples. ;-)

Q/ How many therapist's does it take to change a lightbulb?

A/ Two. But the lightbulb has to really 'want' to change.

Did you mean the BRAND but PRODUCT_ISBN?

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_brand` VARCHAR( 32 ) NULL DEFAULT NULL 

If I run above command, it only creates a table to contain BRAND VALUE. However, where should I enter the value in admin and sign to relavent products?

The above only adds the field to the database. You have to populate it, like any other database field.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

could someone please help. i have followed the instructions carefully and this is not my first add-on. i have upped the files and made the neccessary changes but i do not see the 'Create and Upload a GoogleBase datafeed' in admin/tools. could someone please suggest why i am not seeing.

just to clrify. we do mean the admin panel and tools box yes? dont want to sound stupid but it could be the smallest of things.

i am running v2.3.1. also i have other add-ons. header tags seo, modular_front_page_1.2.6, Discount_Code_osC_v2.3_1.

You shouldn't see 'Create and Upload a GoogleBase datafeed' in admin/tools. You should see Gooble Base there. If you do not, then either you made a mistake in the installation (be sure to use the 2.3 instructions and files) or there is some other contribution in your admin that is preventing it from displaying.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Mo

I guess I supposed to install another addon like Extra Product Field to accommondate new values like ISBN, MPN, BRAND, etc...

However, as your reply quoted above, thats what I wanted too. MPN directly taken from 'product model', Brand value taken from 'manufacturer'. I modified all 'manufacturer' text to 'brand' long before google changed their policy on the datafeed. So in my store, I have already used product Brands to replace all Manufacturers. Stock osc have 'search manufacturer', mine is 'search brand'.

Above change was done in the english.php file only. All database tables and associated php files are still called 'manufacturer'. I just need to find a way to make Jack's googlebase to pick up my Manufacturer values once I set Brand = 1 in googlefeeder.php

If you can wait, I will be releasing a new contribution shortly (probably next week) that provides a much easier way to add new database fields.

For the brand name, I've already added that to the next version of this contribution, though it loads the products name instaead of the manufacturers name, but that is a small change. To make that change, find this line

define('OPTIONS_BRAND', '');

and change it to

define('OPTIONS_BRAND', 'name'); //leave blank to load from the database field named products_brand, set to "name"  to substitute the products name

Then find this block of code

if (OPTIONS_ENABLED_BRAND == 1  && strlen(OPTIONS_BRAND) == 0) { //brand is enabled but not set so load from database
}

and replace it with

if (OPTIONS_ENABLED_BRAND == 1) {
  if (strlen(OPTIONS_BRAND) == 0) { //brand is enabled but not set so load from database
  } else if (strtolower(OPTIONS_BRAND) == 'name') {
      $extraFields .= ' products_description.products_name as brand, ';
  }
}

If you want to use the manufacturer name instead of the products name, change the above line

$extraFields .= ' products_description.products_name as brand, ';

to

$extraFields .= ' manufacturers.manufacturers_name as brand, ';

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Please can someone clarify with the cron job, will it use the latest products and stock from the shop.

Basically our products will get updated everyday with stock, new products and delete products no longer available

So as I understand we set in google the frequncy of the feed, daily , weeky, monthly etc

And it automatically collect the feed,

But is the cron needed to update the the feed? or is there something else I need to do this so the feed has the current products and removed products no longer available

The cron job runs the script and uploads the feed to google for you. You don't need to do anything else unless the items in the feed are not accepted by google for some reason.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

but with errors.

could someone help me with these please

Invalid URL in attribute: link (511 errors)

We couldn't understand the URL that you submitted. Please check the format of your URL. Learn more.

Examples:

Item Nr. Line No. Value

7 8 product_info.php37

This contribution is designed to work with Ultimate SEO V2.2d. If you don't have that installed, then be sure to turn off that option is the googlefeeder.php file. In that case, the code will use the default oscommerce link building code. But the errors from google is saying it can't udnerstand the url, which makes sense since product_info.php37 is not valid. So you need to fix your url situation so that it creates valid urls.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

oringal provided by add on author

php -q /home/YOUR-USER-NAME/public_html/admin/googlefeeder.php

I set this in cPanel to run daily.

I also notice in google merchant centre feed setup there is option to set the schedule for the feed. Again I have this set to daily. For this section below in the setup

You don't use the schedule option with this contribution. That is what the cron job is for,

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Since google now requires Unique Product identifies such as ISBN, EAN, or UPC how does this contribution accommodate that? Where on OsCommerce should I be entering my UPC number? in the product model field perhaps, will Google and this feeder pick up on that?

As stated previously, this contribution just reads the database. You have to set up the new fields and populate them so it can read them. That is outside of the scope of this contribution.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Please can someone clarify which value do you put for the YOUR-USER-NAME? for the cron job

php -q /home/YOUR-USER-NAME/public_html/admin/googlefeeder.php

Is it the one I use for the google FTP feed, or to login to MY cPanel / ftp client for the site or something else?

It's the username of your hosting account. You need to ask your host for the correct syntax since the above may not be correct for your server.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, from what I can see the googlefeed file is accepable by thefind.com as a feed. At least my 2.3.1 shops items showed up there within the past week.

I also got a return from Ying Yang (iConnect Inc) which apparently is the Bing feed administrator. Here's what they said regarding the bing feed...

Here is some important feedback regarding your feed:

Product line issues (Warnings):

• 93% of the Description values contain HTML. Product lines containing HTML encoding may not display so remove all instances

• All of the StockStatus values are invalid. Acceptable values are: In Stock, Out of Stock, Pre-Order, and Back-Order. Example: 1

• All of the ShippingWeight values are invalid (numbers limited to 2 decimal places only). This may fail the product line. Example: 1.20 lb

Please allow 7-14 business days for your products to appear on Bing Shopping. Please note that you no longer need to notify us for feed updates, since the system will automatically process the file. Ensure you upload a feed minimum once every 30 days and maximum once a day. If this requirement is not met, your products will stop displaying.

I think StockStatus may be a field name issue, and the ShippingWeight appears in the file, so I am not sure what their issue is with that.

Thanks again

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Jack, from what I can see the googlefeed file is accepable by thefind.com as a feed. At least my 2.3.1 shops items showed up there within the past week.

I also got a return from Ying Yang (iConnect Inc) which apparently is the Bing feed administrator. Here's what they said regarding the bing feed...

I think StockStatus may be a field name issue, and the ShippingWeight appears in the file, so I am not sure what their issue is with that.

Thanks again

Thanks for letting me know. The stock status doesn't exist in the database as they want it. The easy fix is to check if the status is 1 and return In Stock. Otherwise return Out of Stock. For anything more detailed than that would require a new database field. I'll make a note of these for the next version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

As stated previously, this contribution just reads the database. You have to set up the new fields and populate them so it can read them. That is outside of the scope of this contribution.

ok, but would you recommend a contribution that would work with this one that creates new fields?

ok, but would you recommend a contribution that would work with this one that creates new fields?

There are a couple (one recently mentioned here) and I will be releasing a new one within the week. But I also recently provided the command that allows you to create the new field yourself. Most shops don't need the other contributions once a field or two is added so installing a contribution just for that is usually not needed. Althouh, if you are not familiar with making changes to the database, then having a contribution do it for you may be the way to go.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

So I recently updated to the newest version of this addon because the version I was using didn't support MPN and now it's not putting all my products into the feed. Before I had over 2,800 unique products and with the new feed I only have 415. I looked to see if it left certain categories out of the feed but what products it chose appears to be random. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

GoogleBase V 2.8

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

PHP Version 5.2.9

MySQL 5.0.51a-community

So I recently updated to the newest version of this addon because the version I was using didn't support MPN and now it's not putting all my products into the feed. Before I had over 2,800 unique products and with the new feed I only have 415. I looked to see if it left certain categories out of the feed but what products it chose appears to be random. Any help would be appreciated.

There is a setting in it to prevent the listing of products with quantity of 0. Maybe that is the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am getting this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/content/e/x/t/extramusical/html/catalog/admin/includes/boxes/tools.php on line 39

with this code

<?php

/*

$Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2010 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

$cl_box_groups[] = array(

'heading' => BOX_HEADING_TOOLS,

'apps' => array(

array(

'code' => FILENAME_ACTION_RECORDER,

'title' => BOX_TOOLS_ACTION_RECORDER,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACTION_RECORDER)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_BACKUP,

'title' => BOX_TOOLS_BACKUP,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_BACKUP)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_BANNER_MANAGER,

'title' => BOX_TOOLS_BANNER_MANAGER,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_BANNER_MANAGER)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_CACHE,

'title' => BOX_TOOLS_CACHE,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CACHE)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_DEFINE_LANGUAGE,

'title' => BOX_TOOLS_DEFINE_LANGUAGE,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFINE_LANGUAGE)

),

array(

'code' => 'feeders.php'

'title' => BOX_FEEDERS_GOOGLE

'link' => tep_href_link('feeders.php')

)

array(

'code' => FILENAME_MAIL,

'title' => BOX_TOOLS_MAIL,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_MAIL)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS,

'title' => BOX_TOOLS_NEWSLETTER_MANAGER,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_SEC_DIR_PERMISSIONS,

'title' => BOX_TOOLS_SEC_DIR_PERMISSIONS,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_SEC_DIR_PERMISSIONS)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_SERVER_INFO,

'title' => BOX_TOOLS_SERVER_INFO,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_SERVER_INFO)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_VERSION_CHECK,

'title' => BOX_TOOLS_VERSION_CHECK,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_VERSION_CHECK)

),

array(

'code' => FILENAME_WHOS_ONLINE,

'title' => BOX_TOOLS_WHOS_ONLINE,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_WHOS_ONLINE)

)

)

);

?>

Any ideas?

'code' => 'feeders.php'
'title' => BOX_FEEDERS_GOOGLE

Need to be:

'code' => 'feeders.php',
'title' => BOX_FEEDERS_GOOGLE,

(They were missing the comma's at the end)

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Thanks for the help. It was a setting in the googlefeeder.php

/the following allow skipping certain items

define('OPTIONS_IGNORE_PRODUCT_ZERO', 0); //0 = include products with qty of 0 in output, 1 = ignore products with qty of

by default was set to 1, as my store doesn't use the qty field so it only output the 1 item.

Thanks again.

I have done this yet despite having 3 Products the feed comes out with just the heading and absolutely no products

below is my code

define('SEO_ENABLED','false');    //Change to 'false' to disable if Ultimate SEO URLs is not installed
define('FEEDNAME', 'cakes_feed.txt');       //from your googlebase account
define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'www.jacquescakes.co.uk'); //your correct domain name (don't include www unless it is used)
define('FTP_USERNAME', 'l_jacques'); //created from within your googlebase account
define('FTP_PASSWORD', 'Sbarnes1'); //created from within your googlebase account
define('FTP_ENABLED', (isset($_GET['noftp']) ? '0' : '0'));      //set to 0 to disable
define('CONVERT_CURRENCY', '0'); //set to 0 to disable - only needed if a feed in a difference currecny is required
define('CURRENCY_TYPE', 'GBP');  //(eg. USD, EUR, GBP)
define('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE', 1);   //Change this to the id of your language.  BY default 1 is english
define('QUOTES_CATEGORY_NAME',''); //if the Quotes contribution is installed, enter the name of the quotes category here

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_AGE_RANGE', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_ATTRIBUTES', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_BRAND', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_CONDITION', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_CURRENCY', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_EXPIRATION', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_FEED_LANGUAGE', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_FEED_QUANTITY', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_GTIN', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_GOOGLE_UTM', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_ISBN', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_MADE_IN', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_MANUFACTURER', 0);         //displays the manufacturer name
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_PAYMENT_ACCEPTED', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_PRODUCT_MODEL', 1); //displays the product model
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_PRODUCT_TYPE', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_SHIPPING', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_INCLUDE_TAX', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_UPC', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_WEIGHT', 0);

//the following only matter if the matching option is enabled above.
define('OPTIONS_AGE_RANGE', '20-90 years');
define('OPTIONS_BRAND', '');
define('OPTIONS_CONDITION', 'New');  //possible entries are New, Refurbished, Used
define('OPTIONS_DEFAULT_CURRENCY', 'GBP');
define('OPTIONS_DEFAULT_FEED_LANGUAGE', 'en');
define('OPTIONS_DEFAULT_GOOGLE_UTM', '?utm_source=google&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=product'); //see http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55578
define('OPTIONS_GTIN', '');
define('OPTIONS_ISBN', '');
define('OPTIONS_MADE_IN', 'UK');
define('OPTIONS_MANUFACTURERS_NAME_IGNORE', ''); //list if comma separated manufacturer names to be skipped - e.g. Matrox,Fox
define('OPTIONS_PAYMENT_ACCEPTED_METHODS', '');  //Acceptable values: Cash, Check, GoogleCheckout, Visa, MasterCard, AmericanExpress, Discover, wiretransfer
define('OPTIONS_PRODUCT_TYPE', 'full'); //full means the full category path (i.e., hardware,printers), anything else, or blank, means just the products category (i.e., printers)

//the following is for the shipping override option - enter multiple values separated by a comma
//Format entries follow. A colon must be present for each field, whether it is entered or not.
// COUNTRY - OPTIONAL - If country isn't included, we'll assume the shipping price applies to the target country of the item. If region isn't included, the shipping price will apply across the entire country.
// REGION  - OPTIONAL - blank for entire country, otherwise, us two-letter State (CA), full zip code (90210) or wildcard zip code (902*)
// SERVICE - OPTIONAL - The service class or delivery speed, i.e. ground
// PRICE   - REQUIRED - Fixed shipping price (assumes the same currency as the price attribute)
define('OPTIONS_SHIPPING_STRING', 'US:FL:Ground:7.00'); //says charge tax to US for residents of Florida at 5% and don't apply tax to shipping

//the following is for the tax override option - enter multiple values separated by a comma
//Format entries follow. A colon must be present for each field, whether it is entered or not.
// COUNTRY  - OPTIONAL - country the tax applies to - only US for now
// REGION   - OPTIONAL - blank for entire country, otherwise, us two-letter State (CA), full zip code (90210) or wildcard zip code (902*)
// TAX      - REQUIRED - default = 0 (e.g. for 5.76% tax use 5.76)
// SHIPPING - OPTIONAL - do you charge tax on shipping - choices are y or n
define('OPTIONS_TAX_STRING', 'US:FL:5.00:n'); //says charge tax to US for residents of Florida at 5% and don't apply tax to shipping

define('OPTIONS_UPC', '');
define('OPTIONS_WEIGHT_ACCEPTED_METHODS', 'lb'); //Valid units include lb, pound, oz, ounce, g, gram, kg, kilogram.

//the following allow skipping certain items
define('OPTIONS_IGNORE_PRODUCT_ZERO', 0);  //0 = include products with qty of 0 in output, 1 = ignore products with qty of 0

• 2 weeks later...

i am getting warning from google with regards my feed

Some of your items do not have valid unique product identifiers. Please add valid unique product identifiers. Otherwise, it's possible that none of your items will appear in Google search results. Learn more

588 items 97% of total

Examples from your items: Identifier

Excel Therapy O2 365 Soft Scrub Missing

Lipstick - Chocolate Missing

Eyeshadow Mono - Sunbeam Missing

Orly Nail Polish - BERRY BLAST 18ml Missing

Eyeshadow Duo - Halloween Missing

could someone please tell me what i need to do. im not sure if google penalises for having things missing that it prefers there.

thanks

Hi there!

I just installed the Google Feeder contri (GoogleFeeder_V_2.8 EU_1_2) wich can be found here; http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4513

It seems to have installed just fine, i see the option in my admin, it also creates, saves and uploads a feed to Google.

However, this feed does not contain any articles?

it only shows:

link title description price image_link id condition expiration_date payment_accepted mpn product_type tax

Anybody can help me with this ?

Google shows that the file is recieved however 'no articles are inserted' wich isnt suprising since there are no articles in the feed.txt ?

Any help is welcome, if more info is needed kindly let me know.

many thanks in advance!

regards,

Rayen