• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Hi Jack, thanks again,

to add a new field called "ISBN" I use a contribution called "Extra product Field" with that contribution to set a new field name you can use just the final name (the one visible in the shop, in my case ISBN, and I prefere to not change it to products_isbn, it will be not elegant to show it in this way. (product_isbn: XXXXXXXX instead of ISBN: XXXXXXXXX)

If you don't want to name it products_isbn, then you will need to change the code in this contribution to use the name you want. You'll have to make a point of rememberig to change that everytime you update this contribution or it will break the feed.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The problem is that the price (products_price) is shown without TAX. This should be with 19% TAX. How can i fix this?

Setting up the tax has been convered in this thread.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If you don't want to name it products_isbn, then you will need to change the code in this contribution to use the name you want. You'll have to make a point of rememberig to change that everytime you update this contribution or it will break the feed.

Thanks Jack, good suggestion, I will try in this way...

Thanks again

Run this command in phpmyadmin:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_isbn` VARCHAR( 32 ) NULL DEFAULT NULL 

Hi Jack

Did you mean the BRAND but PRODUCT_ISBN?

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_brand` VARCHAR( 32 ) NULL DEFAULT NULL 

If I run above command, it only creates a table to contain BRAND VALUE. However, where should I enter the value in admin and sign to relavent products?

Thanks

Edited by dontlike2pay

If I run above command, it only creates a table to contain BRAND VALUE. However, where should I enter the value in admin and sign to relavent products?

To give poor old hard pressed jack a break, I shall clarify..

The revised contribution will handle the three GTIN and send them to Google, but ONLY if you have created the extra fields in the product table on the database by some third party code, or by direct access to the database by phpmyadmin or MySQL administrator( my favourite).

I think if you do not use phpmyadmin or similar client, and want the GTIN numbers editable on the admin pages, you will need another contribution to do this.

It seems the mpn is taken from the model number when 'product model' is activated.

'brand' table has to be populated manually.

I would love to auto-populate my 'brand' from the manufacturers value and have a new mpn column, as my products mpn differs from my model number..

C'est la vie..!

could someone please help. i have followed the instructions carefully and this is not my first add-on. i have upped the files and made the neccessary changes but i do not see the 'Create and Upload a GoogleBase datafeed' in admin/tools. could someone please suggest why i am not seeing.

just to clrify. we do mean the admin panel and tools box yes? dont want to sound stupid but it could be the smallest of things.

i am running v2.3.1. also i have other add-ons. header tags seo, modular_front_page_1.2.6, Discount_Code_osC_v2.3_1.

i have listed these just incase they will interfere.

thanks for any help given

It seems the mpn is taken from the model number when 'product model' is activated.

'brand' table has to be populated manually.

I would love to auto-populate my 'brand' from the manufacturers value and have a new mpn column, as my products mpn differs from my model number..

C'est la vie..!

Hi Mo

I guess I supposed to install another addon like Extra Product Field to accommondate new values like ISBN, MPN, BRAND, etc...

However, as your reply quoted above, thats what I wanted too. MPN directly taken from 'product model', Brand value taken from 'manufacturer'. I modified all 'manufacturer' text to 'brand' long before google changed their policy on the datafeed. So in my store, I have already used product Brands to replace all Manufacturers. Stock osc have 'search manufacturer', mine is 'search brand'.

Above change was done in the english.php file only. All database tables and associated php files are still called 'manufacturer'. I just need to find a way to make Jack's googlebase to pick up my Manufacturer values once I set Brand = 1 in googlefeeder.php

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Edited by dontlike2pay

hey

Thanks for taking time to read this, and for this add on.

Please can someone clarify with the cron job, will it use the latest products and stock from the shop.

Basically our products will get updated everyday with stock, new products and delete products no longer available

So as I understand we set in google the frequncy of the feed, daily , weeky, monthly etc

And it automatically collect the feed,

But is the cron needed to update the the feed? or is there something else I need to do this so the feed has the current products and removed products no longer available

Kind Regards

Above change was done in the english.php file only. All database tables and associated php files are still called 'manufacturer'. I just need to find a way to make Jack's googlebase to pick up my Manufacturer values once I set Brand = 1 in googlefeeder.php

There IS a workaround, which I will share, but take no responsibility as its not fully error checked:

To give the manufacturer in the 'brand' category:

Find:

if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_BRAND == 1)

$output .= "\t" . (isset($row->brand) ? $row->brand : (strlen(OPTIONS_BRAND) ? OPTIONS_BRAND : "Not Supported"));

Replace with:

if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_BRAND == 1)

$output .= "\t" . (in_array($row->mfgName,explode(",",OPTIONS_MANUFACTURERS_NAME_IGNORE)) ? '' : $row->mfgName);

-----

I also edited googlefeeder.pgp to include UK VAT on the price feed, which you have to do according to Google guidelines unless you state no VAT on the landing page, again a simple edit. Just compare to older versions which supported non US VAT encoding.

hi

can someone please explain to me on how the google feed is updated? to make sure google has the latest products and up to date prices?

I have been testing this for week now and I see the same feed being shown on google everyday, I created a cron job but I am not showing what this cron is suppose to do, is it suppose to update the feed with the latest info

This is the second time I am asking and I apologise if there is a obvious answer but I really need help on this so if anyone can please let me know as I am new to ecommerce and oscommerce, any help would be much appreciated

Kind Regards

hi

can someone please explain to me on how the google feed is updated? to make sure google has the latest products and up to date prices?

I have been testing this for week now and I see the same feed being shown on google everyday, I created a cron job but I am not showing what this cron is suppose to do, is it suppose to update the feed with the latest info

This is the second time I am asking and I apologise if there is a obvious answer but I really need help on this so if anyone can please let me know as I am new to ecommerce and oscommerce, any help would be much appreciated

Kind Regards

hi there, assuming you are using the more recent version of this google fee add on, the feed is updated manually or via the cron.

as i understand it, both methods use the ftp upload method. then, depending on the parameters you have enabled in the google feed add on settings, the code will query your database and send a properly formatted file via ftp to google. which in turn, google processes. sometimes it takes a while for google to process a feed from what I have seen, e.g. a day or two at the most.

the feed would be as current as the last time google feed queried your database and uploaded the file.

what you see on google is then as current as the latest feed you send and as current as when google actually processed the file. if you look on the google base web page, you can see your feeds status.

the cron, which is run through your host, simply runs the code that will generate and send your google feed at designated intervals, depending on the settings that you set up through your host for the cron job.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

could someone please help. i have followed the instructions carefully and this is not my first add-on. i have upped the files and made the neccessary changes but i do not see the 'Create and Upload a GoogleBase datafeed' in admin/tools. could someone please suggest why i am not seeing.

just to clrify. we do mean the admin panel and tools box yes? dont want to sound stupid but it could be the smallest of things.

i am running v2.3.1. also i have other add-ons. header tags seo, modular_front_page_1.2.6, Discount_Code_osC_v2.3_1.

i have listed these just incase they will interfere.

thanks for any help given

Please could someone lend thier expertise to this query. i dont mean to sound impatient but i really could do with getting this addon to work. i have done this the hard way for google feeds. i manually inputted the text in excel. so you could probably imagine why i am so anxious to get this done.

please ignore my previous post. i started from scratch and it seems to work now.

but with errors.

could someone help me with these please

Invalid URL in attribute: link (511 errors)

We couldn't understand the URL that you submitted. Please check the format of your URL. Learn more.

Examples:

Item Nr. Line No. Value

7 8 product_info.php37

13 14 product_info.php43

15 16 product_info.php45

16 17 product_info.php46

17 18 product_info.php47

Encoding problem in attribute: description (1 error)

Some of the characters in your items seem to be invalid. Please verify that all the characters in your feed are valid for your selected encoding.

Examples:

Item Nr. Line No. Value

331 332 WONDERFUL TONIGHT Overnight Treatment for Damaged, Dry and Depleted Hair Our dreaming hours are vital in order to regenerate our body and mind. But imagine if you could regenerate your hair at the same time... Well now you can. NEW Wonderful Tonight Overnight Treatment is specially formulated to rejuvenate dry, damaged, depleted hair in need of intense repair - whilst you sleep. Wonderful Tonight contains KERAVISā„¢, a miracle ingredient which is proven to triple the strength of damaged hair. KERAVISā„¢ is fused together with our luxury complex (also found in the Diamond Dreams range). Diamond dust and crushed pearl provide brilliant shine ā€¢ā€¢ Champagne extract intensely moisturises and provides antioxidants ā€¢ā€¢ Cashmere extract smoothes and softens to control frizz and flyaways. Simply apply a small amount of product to dry hair before going to bed ā€¢ā€¢ Work through the hair, concentrating on ends and dry areas until product is absorbed ā€¢ā€¢ Sweet dreams! ā€¢ā€¢ Shampoo and condition the next morning ā€¢ā€¢ Repeat twice a month.

Item Warnings 2218 items affected

Missing recommended attribute: brand (511 warnings)

While items missing recommended attributes will process successfully, we recommend including relevant attributes if they are available.

Missing recommended attribute: shipping weight (511 warnings)

While items missing recommended attributes will process successfully, we recommend including relevant attributes if they are available.

Missing recommended attribute: mpn (511 warnings)

Missing recommended attribute: product type (511 warnings)

Missing recommended attribute: description (174 warnings)

hi there, assuming you are using the more recent version of this google fee add on, the feed is updated manually or via the cron.

as i understand it, both methods use the ftp upload method. then, depending on the parameters you have enabled in the google feed add on settings, the code will query your database and send a properly formatted file via ftp to google. which in turn, google processes. sometimes it takes a while for google to process a feed from what I have seen, e.g. a day or two at the most.

the feed would be as current as the last time google feed queried your database and uploaded the file.

what you see on google is then as current as the latest feed you send and as current as when google actually processed the file. if you look on the google base web page, you can see your feeds status.

the cron, which is run through your host, simply runs the code that will generate and send your google feed at designated intervals, depending on the settings that you set up through your host for the cron job.

Hello There thank you very much for our kind reply, as I mention I am new to this so apologise if I am asking questions with obvious answers, I am learning how all this works, as to your reply

I am using the latest version

I have asked my host and they provided me with a cron command based on the relevant to my site and host.

oringal provided by add on author

php -q /home/YOUR-USER-NAME/public_html/admin/googlefeeder.php

I set this in cPanel to run daily.

I also notice in google merchant centre feed setup there is option to set the schedule for the feed. Again I have this set to daily. For this section below in the setup

"

Feed URL

A fully qualified URL to access your file. For example ftp://www.mydomain.com/data/products.txt. If the file is protected with username and password, please define them below."

I put in the url of the location of the your-outfile.txt

I run the feed But for some reason I am not seeing the latest products I added few days ago in the feed or in your-outfile.txt which I downloaded and checked from my host. Only the products I had in the store th first time I run the feed are showing, So the feed is not being update

I dont understand what I am doing wrong and why this is not updated with the latest info?

Also, if both methods use the ftp method please can someone provide example of what to put it Feed Url section in google merchant centre. I have it as a normal URL and it got the file, so do I need to change this to ftp?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Kind Regards

Hello There thank you very much for our kind reply, as I mention I am new to this so apologise if I am asking questions with obvious answers, I am learning how all this works, as to your reply

I am using the latest version

I have asked my host and they provided me with a cron command based on the relevant to my site and host.

original provided by add on author

I set this in cPanel to run daily.

I also notice in google merchant centre feed setup there is option to set the schedule for the feed. Again I have this set to daily. For this section below in the setup

"

Feed URL

A fully qualified URL to access your file. For example ftp://www.mydomain.com/data/products.txt. If the file is protected with username and password, please define them below."

I put in the url of the location of the your-outfile.txt

I run the feed But for some reason I am not seeing the latest products I added few days ago in the feed or in your-outfile.txt which I downloaded and checked from my host. Only the products I had in the store th first time I run the feed are showing, So the feed is not being update

I dont understand what I am doing wrong and why this is not updated with the latest info?

Also, if both methods use the ftp method please can someone provide example of what to put it Feed Url section in google merchant centre. I have it as a normal URL and it got the file, so do I need to change this to ftp?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Kind Regards

Hello

Just to follow up on the above

When I run the feed manually using admin login.

I get this message on the screen

File completed: your-outfile.txt

Warning: ftp_login() [function.ftp-login]: Login incorrect. in /home/mydomain/public_html/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 481

FTP connection has failed!

Attempted to connect to uploads.google.com for user googleFTP-username

Please can someone clarify where I set this username and password, in google it says

"If your URL is password protected, please provide your login information. "

So do if I set the username password here ? Where do I set it on the my store or installation file? so they both corrospond with each other.

Kind Regards

Hello

Just to follow up on the above

When I run the feed manually using admin login.

I get this message on the screen

File completed: your-outfile.txt

Warning: ftp_login() [function.ftp-login]: Login incorrect. in /home/mydomain/public_html/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 481

FTP connection has failed!

Attempted to connect to uploads.google.com for user googleFTP-username

Please can someone clarify where I set this username and password, in google it says

"If your URL is password protected, please provide your login information. "

So do if I set the username password here ? Where do I set it on the my store or installation file? so they both corrospond with each other.

Kind Regards

Hello Again

I realised that there is a seperate section in google merchant centre where the FTP username and password has to be created, these are the details that we add to the googlefeeder.php file Having done this the above error no longer occurs, and feed is being sent ok.

Just thought someone may like to know this as if you are a complete newbie like me this step is important part of the installation.

However I am yet to solve cron to get it to run updated feed with latest products so anyone like to share how they are doing this with cPanel would be really helpful

Regards

However I am yet to solve cron to get it to run updated feed with latest products so anyone like to share how they are doing this with cPanel would be really helpful

Regards

hi there and good for you for sorting the ftp protocol out.

for the cron, that is specific to your host, but the command is basically what jack shows in the instructions for this add on. hosts vary on how you you can set up cron jobs, sometimes they spoon feed you, other times they expect you to to be more skilled.

in google base your google feed will be "manual" not every X days.

it is the cron job running the google feed that determines the time interval.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Since google now requires Unique Product identifies such as ISBN, EAN, or UPC how does this contribution accommodate that? Where on OsCommerce should I be entering my UPC number? in the product model field perhaps, will Google and this feeder pick up on that?

Hi Again

Thank you for your reply,

Please can someone clarify which value do you put for the YOUR-USER-NAME? for the cron job

Is it the one I use for the google FTP feed, or to login to MY cPanel / ftp client for the site or something else?

Kind Regards

Hi Again

Please can someone clarify which value do you put for the YOUR-USER-NAME? for the cron job

Is it the one I use for the google FTP feed, or to login to MY cPanel / ftp client for the site or something else?

Kind Regards

It is different for everyone. If you domain name is bigvoodoo.com then most likely it is /voodoo/public_html BUT!!! the beginning might not be /home/ it might be home1 or home2 or homehere, or anything else. Check your control panel or ask your webhost for your right path.

Mike

could someone please tell me how toinput the correct url into the google feed im am getting this error

Invalid URL in attribute: link (511 errors)

We couldn't understand the URL that you submitted. Please check the format of your URL. Learn more.

Examples:

Item Nr. Line No. Value

1 2 product_info.php29

6 7 product_info.php36

10 11 product_info.php40

14 15 product_info.php44

18 19 product_info.php48

as you can see there is no web address. how do i input it please.

thanks.

It is different for everyone. If you domain name is bigvoodoo.com then most likely it is /voodoo/public_html BUT!!! the beginning might not be /home/ it might be home1 or home2 or homehere, or anything else. Check your control panel or ask your webhost for your right path.

Mike

Hello Mike

Please can you let me know where I should be looking in cPanel -

I sent my host the cron command in the install file and they revised it and told me to use like this

php -f /home/YOUR-USER-NAME/public_html/admin/googlefeeder.php > /dev/

But I am not sure on what value I put in for YOUR-USER-NAME?

Kind Regards

YOUR_USER_NAME is generally the userid you login Cpanel with. That userid is used to name your folders.

You should see it in your site configure.php in the full path URL as well.

Edited by FlyingKites