• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

I just realised that the Ultimate SEO mentioned in this add on is different to the one I have installed, namely Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205

that is why there is not seo_class.php file

You can't use that contribution with this one. Someone made a copy of this one and edited it so it would work with that ones code but I don't know if they have made another copy of my changes yet. If you are going to have rewritten urls on your shop, then the urls created by this contribution must match them or google will complaing. You can either use the copy someone made or install Ultimate SEO V2.2d, which is the one I recommend.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, some feed back on the Bing feed.....

On my 2.3.1 shop, using the lastest google feed update, I tested out the bingshopping feed. I did a manual ftp upload of the bingshopping.txt last night and this AM Bing shows the feed as "accepted" and status "OK".

According to an email I got from the Bing Shopping Review Team, I now wait for 10-14 days and if they deem everything meets their specs, the account will be activated.

I'll let you know how that turns out.

I also set up a feed to thefind.com. I did that last week. I have that feed running automated, and the thefind merchant center shows the feed as received and "processing".

We'll see what happens there.

Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Hello

I just realised that the Ultimate SEO mentioned in this add on is different to the one I have installed, namely Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205

that is why there is not seo_class.php file

I disabled the SEO as I dont have the same version.

Please can someone explain by having this enabled what will it do, I am new to ecommerce and new to the concept of SEO would it be possible for this add on to work with the Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205 i have installed?

Anyway

I am now getting this error when trying to test

: SQL error Unknown column 'products.products_brand' in 'field list'| sql = SELECT concat( 'http://www.mysite.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName, manufacturers.manufacturers_id, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_quantity AS quantity, products.products_status AS prodStatus, products.products_weight AS prodWeight, products.products_brand as brand, FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price), 2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://www.mysite.co.uk/images/' ,products.products_image) AS image_url, products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, categories.parent_id AS catParentID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM (categories, categories_description, products, products_description, products_to_categories) left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id ) left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date is NULL) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id AND categories_description.language_id = 1 AND products_description.language_id = 1 ORDER BY products.products_id ASC

Please can anyone tell me why I am getting this.

Kind Regards

Thanks for the reply,

I am trying without SEO enable but I am getting this error, also please can you point me if possible to where the link is for the edited version of Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205 so that it can be used with this contribution please.

Kind Regards

Hello

I just fixed this error, by setting brand to 0

I did search in google and someone else had this problem too, ironically in this thread the answer was posted but I couldnt find it before,

Thank you once again,

Please can you let me know if possible the other add on or changed version of Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205_1 so that it can be used with this add on.

Kind Regards

Jack, some feed back on the Bing feed.....

On my 2.3.1 shop, using the lastest google feed update, I tested out the bingshopping feed. I did a manual ftp upload of the bingshopping.txt last night and this AM Bing shows the feed as "accepted" and status "OK".

According to an email I got from the Bing Shopping Review Team, I now wait for 10-14 days and if they deem everything meets their specs, the account will be activated.

I'll let you know how that turns out.

I also set up a feed to thefind.com. I did that last week. I have that feed running automated, and the thefind merchant center shows the feed as received and "processing".

Thanks for posting your findings. I do appreciate it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The only thing I can think of is that a language parameter was added in 2.6 so maybe there is some problem with your languages. You could try upgrading to 2.6 and see what happens.

Thanks for the help. It was a setting in the googlefeeder.php

/the following allow skipping certain items

define('OPTIONS_IGNORE_PRODUCT_ZERO', 0); //0 = include products with qty of 0 in output, 1 = ignore products with qty of

by default was set to 1, as my store doesn't use the qty field so it only output the 1 item.

Thanks again.

I feel dumb but I installed and ran the feed without issues but I don't see anywhere in the file where tax and shipping are in built file.

Required from Google soon: "we’ll also require your product listings to include tax and shipping information to provide buyers with important price information"

I do have this enabled:

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_SHIPPING', 1);

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_INCLUDE_TAX', 1);

In the built file the headings are:

link title description price image_link id condition expiration_date mpn

Did I miss something? If so could someone help me out in figuring out what I missing?

Thank you,

Mike

I do have this enabled:

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_SHIPPING', 1);

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_INCLUDE_TAX', 1);

Did I miss something? If so could someone help me out in figuring out what I missing?

Those just enable the option. You also need to set the OPTIONS_SHIPPING_STRING and OPTIONS_TAX_STRING settings. Or, you can disable those options and set them up in your google base account.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Those just enable the option. You also need to set the OPTIONS_SHIPPING_STRING and OPTIONS_TAX_STRING settings. Or, you can disable those options and set them up in your google base account.

Actually I did set them.

define('OPTIONS_SHIPPING_STRING', 'US:CO:Ground:8.10'); //says charge tax to US for residents of Florida at 5% and don't apply tax to shipping

define('OPTIONS_TAX_STRING', 'US:CO:8.10:n'); //says charge tax to US for residents of Florida at 5% and don't apply tax to shipping

But the file doesn't have those headers or set info.

Thank you,

Mike

Actually I did set them.

define('OPTIONS_SHIPPING_STRING', 'US:CO:Ground:8.10'); //says charge tax to US for residents of Florida at 5% and don't apply tax to shipping

define('OPTIONS_TAX_STRING', 'US:CO:8.10:n'); //says charge tax to US for residents of Florida at 5% and don't apply tax to shipping

But the file doesn't have those headers or set info.

I just tried it hear and it is working as expected so I don't know what the problem may be. Those fields are not reliant on anything else in the script so they should appear without any problems. Are you sure the feed you are looking at is the one listed in the file? Are you looking at it from admin or by opening it in the feeds directory?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

my store is a bookstore, so I added with "Extra field" contribution a new field for ISBN, and in googlefeeder.php I set "OPTIONS_ENABLED_ISBN" to 1 and "OPTIONS_ISBN" with '' (empty, no value)

When I submit the feed to google from my admin panel I've this error: : SQL error Unknown column 'products.products_isbn' in 'field list'| sql = SELECT (...)

so I suppose that something is setted wrong with ISBN...

Anyone have the same problem and can help me

thanks in advance...

it's seems to me this version is out of date, as it's possible to set the Google Froogle to collect information from website on daily basis, the xml file can be generated automatically on access of the php file, I have developed sort of module.

from 15th of May Google Froogle will change/add some fields like EAN, shipping cost and other information per product.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

i have update last version.. nut the txt file still empty ? only the words: link title description price image_link id condition expiration_date

I just tried it hear and it is working as expected so I don't know what the problem may be. Those fields are not reliant on anything else in the script so they should appear without any problems. Are you sure the feed you are looking at is the one listed in the file? Are you looking at it from admin or by opening it in the feeds directory?

I FTP to the feeds directory and download the file. I have deleted the file too, re-ran and it builds fine except for missing the fields for shipping and tax. I guess if I am the only one this is fine since I did as you suggested and also set it up in google itself. But it is an enigma that I will try and look through the code and see what it might be since I like figuring out puzzles.

Thank you for the replies. I'll update you if I figure something out and continue reading here to see if any others have the same issue.

Mike

Hi

my store is a bookstore, so I added with "Extra field" contribution a new field for ISBN, and in googlefeeder.php I set "OPTIONS_ENABLED_ISBN" to 1 and "OPTIONS_ISBN" with '' (empty, no value)

When I submit the feed to google from my admin panel I've this error: : SQL error Unknown column 'products.products_isbn' in 'field list'| sql = SELECT (...)

You have to add the field with the name of products_isbn. You also have to populate the field with the ISBN data for each product.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

i have update last version.. nut the txt file still empty ? only the words: link title description price image_link id condition expiration_date

As mentioned recently, there is an option to exclude products with quantities of 0. It sounds like all of your products may be setup that way.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to add the field with the name of products_isbn. You also have to populate the field with the ISBN data for each product.

Many thank Jack for your promptly reply...

I've already create an isbn field called ISBN and populated in all the products but i can't understand what do you mean with "You have to add the field with the name of products_isbn"?

Thanks

I've already create an isbn field called ISBN and populated in all the products but i can't understand what do you mean with "You have to add the field with the name of products_isbn"?

You named it ISBN. The code expects it to be named products_isbn. You need to change the name of the field in the database.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

My google is warning me:

Missing recommended attribute: brand (120 warnings)

While items missing recommended attributes will process successfully, we recommend including relevant attributes if they are available.

SO I enabled Brand option in Googlefeeder.php

However I got below error straightaway when I tried to generate a feed file from admin:

: SQL error Unknown column 'products.products_brand' in 'field list'| sql = SELECT concat( 'product_info.php' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName, manufacturers.manufacturers_id, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_quantity AS quantity, products.products_status AS prodStatus, products.products_weight AS prodWeight, products.products_brand as brand, FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price), 2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://www.shootingduck.com/images/' ,products.products_image) AS image_url, products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, categories.parent_id AS catParentID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM (categories, categories_description, products, products_description, products_to_categories) left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id ) left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date is NULL) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id AND categories_description.language_id = 1 AND products_description.language_id = 1 ORDER BY products.products_id ASC

In my shop, I changed most part where were Manufactory to Brands many months ago, has this to do with the error occured above? Or I just simply do not have Brands Field in my database that I need to create one? And How?

Thanks

Edited by dontlike2pay

My google is warning me:

SO I enabled Brand option in Googlefeeder.php

However I got below error straightaway when I tried to generate a feed file from admin:

Easy populate is just a reader of the database. If you are going to enable one of the new fields, you have to setup your database correctly first.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Easy populate is just a reader of the database. If you are going to enable one of the new fields, you have to setup your database correctly first.

Jack

How to setup an extra field in my database so your Google base will be able to read that value? :P

Thanks

You named it ISBN. The code expects it to be named products_isbn. You need to change the name of the field in the database.

Hi Jack, thanks again,

to add a new field called "ISBN" I use a contribution called "Extra product Field" with that contribution to set a new field name you can use just the final name (the one visible in the shop, in my case ISBN, and I prefere to not change it to products_isbn, it will be not elegant to show it in this way. (product_isbn: XXXXXXXX instead of ISBN: XXXXXXXXX)

Do I make somenthing wrong?

Thanks in advance...

As mentioned recently, there is an option to exclude products with quantities of 0. It sounds like all of your products may be setup that way.

I known.. but i have now categories, products havend a categorie :)

Now it works :) thnx

How to setup an extra field in my database so your Google base will be able to read that value? :P

Run this command in phpmyadmin:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_isbn` VARCHAR( 32 ) NULL DEFAULT NULL 

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons