• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

I removed this code from googlefeeders line 262:

, "T" => ""

Now my feed is including capital T's, what was the reason for that code?

Johan

Looks like a copy/paste error.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Unfortunately I am getting an error now:

Missing required attribute: condition (128 errors)

Please make sure you include all required attributes in your data feed.

Is anyone else getting this error?

Thanks,

Johan

Hi Jack_mcs,

I noted your previous answer:

The error is saying the products_brand field doesn't exist in your database so you need to be sure you don't have the brand option enabled in the settings.

I am having the same problem and understand that products_brand doesn't exist in the database with the version of osCommerce that I am using (v2.2 RC2a). Do I need to install an additional contribution to have Brand as an option, or is this a feature of a later version of osCommerce that I could upgrade to?

I want to get this in place, as I will need it to continue having our furniture listed in Google Products. Most furniture doesn't have a UPC code unfortunately, but Google will accept Manufacturer, MPN and Brand instead.

Many thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Spencer Allingham.

I am having the same problem and understand that products_brand doesn't exist in the database with the version of osCommerce that I am using (v2.2 RC2a). Do I need to install an additional contribution to have Brand as an option, or is this a feature of a later version of osCommerce that I could upgrade to?

I want to get this in place, as I will need it to continue having our furniture listed in Google Products. Most furniture doesn't have a UPC code unfortunately, but Google will accept Manufacturer, MPN and Brand instead.

Brand, ISBN, and UPC are not fields included with any oscommerce version. If you want to have such fields, you have to add the fields to the database and populate them.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack I just updated to version 2.7 and am seeing the following error...

Notice: Undefined index: pName in /includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 2093

The feed is being created but this message it being tossed up. I think the previous version did it as well but I just ignored it.

I assume that pName isn't defined before seo.class is getting called but I'm not sure how to sort it. Do you happen to know?

Dan

Jack I just updated to version 2.7 and am seeing the following error...

Notice: Undefined index: pName in /includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 2093

The feed is being created but this message it being tossed up. I think the previous version did it as well but I just ignored it.

I assume that pName isn't defined before seo.class is getting called but I'm not sure how to sort it. Do you happen to know?

Dan

pName was used in the very first Ultimate SEO and I haven't looked at that code in years so I can't help you. I suggest you upgrade to Ultmate SEO V2.2d if you can. If you are on a Windows server, then the pName version is your only choice and you'll have to figure out how to get it to work with this, and other, contributions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Could the brand be pulled from the MANUFACTURER listed in the database? The brand is one the missing Unique Product Identifiers in my feed.

Yes, but you would need to change the code in the googlefeeder.php file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I looked through the forum here and was hoping someone would help me limit maximum description (per product) feed length.

It seems Google now has a 10,000 character limit for the size (length) of a per product description.

I have a warning that 9 items will be removed if I do not truncate the long file (product/s) description.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I looked at the code but was not able to find that portion?

I'm sorry but I don't offer free support for code changes. I think the previous version loaded the brand from the manufacturer so you may want to revert to it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I looked through the forum here and was hoping someone would help me limit maximum description (per product) feed length.

It seems Google now has a 10,000 character limit for the size (length) of a per product description.

I have a warning that 9 items will be removed if I do not truncate the long file (product/s) description.

You'll need to find the code that adds the product description and use substr function to limit the size.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You'll need to find the code that adds the product description and use substr function to limit the size.

Thank you for the reply Jack. I was hoping someone had already figured it out ;)

I took a look at the googlefeeder.php code and was at first unable to accomplish it directly through the array. Here is what I did just in case there are others in need of the change.

Look for this partial block of code:

if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){

$output .= tep_href_link($productURL,$productParam . $row['id'], 'NONSSL', false) . "\t" .

preg_replace($_strip_search, $_strip_replace, strip_tags( strtr($row['name'], $_cleaner_array) ) ) . "\t" .

Just above that add this:

$row[description] = substr($row[description], 0, 2000);

it will then look like this:

$row[description] = substr($row[description], 0, 2000);

if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){

$output .= tep_href_link($productURL,$productParam . $row['id'], 'NONSSL', false) . "\t" .

preg_replace($_strip_search, $_strip_replace, strip_tags( strtr($row['name'], $_cleaner_array) ) ) . "\t" .

You would of course change the 2000 to whatever you want as your new product description limit. Anything under 10,000 should be safe.

Kind regards,

Debs

Or does anyone know how to fix ?

There's no one answer for that problem. You have to look at the errors provided in your google account and try to figure out what it is google wants.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I just had that error, and now it seems to have resolved itself. See in googlefeeder.php if define('OPTIONS_ENABLED', 1); & define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_CONDITION', 1); are set to that. If so then check the output file make sure that there is a condition header in it. If not all I did was tab from the last column in my case that was id and manually typed in condition. Re-ran the Google Base feeder in my admin and presto it worked. Funny thing is that it added a column expiration date that was never there before yet it was always enabled within my googlefeeder.php file.

Hope this helps, I was stuck on this for a week.

Johan

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Fixed the problem with T's being removed.

- Fixed the product_type option. It was changed to an option in the previous version but the original code was not removed so the option didn't work as it should.

To upgrade from 2.7, just replace the admin/googlefeeder.php file and reset the settings.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have been conversing with Google about getting an exemption for many of our products, as they have no UPI's etc and have noticed this little bit of info in the email ...

'Additionally, regarding the product_type attribute, please know that if you already have a system of categorisation for your items, you may use those categories. Also, any separator such as > or / may be used.'

This is due to the taxonomy they use for 'categorising' products, and at present seemingly is not a 'requirement' but no doubt will be shortly I suspect.

In our product_type field of the feed, the separator has always been a comma (,) and I would like to know if it is possible to change that to the required > or / ?

I have had a looksee again at your splendid feeder, which has provided Sterling service over the past two years and cannot see where the separator is generated for the feed ... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

'Additionally, regarding the product_type attribute, please know that if you already have a system of categorisation for your items, you may use those categories. Also, any separator such as > or / may be used.'

This is due to the taxonomy they use for 'categorising' products, and at present seemingly is not a 'requirement' but no doubt will be shortly I suspect.

In our product_type field of the feed, the separator has always been a comma (,) and I would like to know if it is possible to change that to the required > or / ?

I have had a looksee again at your splendid feeder, which has provided Sterling service over the past two years and cannot see where the separator is generated for the feed ... any help would be greatly appreciated.

They've always accepted comma's before and the above doesn't say they won't still allow them but if you want to change the comma, it is in this line (233)

$catIndex[$curID] = $temp . ", " . $catTempDes[$curID];

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Many many thanks for such a rapid reply - good on you Sir!

They have not said the comma will not be acceptable any more, but I think this may shed a bit of light on where they are coming from: -

'Some of the category names contain a comma (,) character. As this is used to separate the product types when there is more than one, you should place each category in double quotes. For example:

"Food, Beverages & Tobacco > Food Items > Grain, Rice & Cereals"

or for multiple types:

"Electronics > Audio > Audio Accessories > MP3 Player Accessories","Health & Beauty > Healthcare > Biometric Monitors > Pedometers"

Overall I think things are tending to get over complicated with Google, but hey ho! They call the shots and we must comply :)

Many thanks again Jack.

Rob.

I just upgraded from 2.5 to 2.8. When I output my file it only shows 1 product. I reverted back to 2.5 and it outputs all 600. I checked my settings in googlefeeder.php file and can't see what could be causing this?

Thanks

I just upgraded from 2.5 to 2.8. When I output my file it only shows 1 product. I reverted back to 2.5 and it outputs all 600. I checked my settings in googlefeeder.php file and can't see what could be causing this?

The only thing I can think of is that a language parameter was added in 2.6 so maybe there is some problem with your languages. You could try upgrading to 2.6 and see what happens.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello

Thanks for taking time to read this.

I have Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205 installed.

When installing this add on

Google Base / Froogle Data Feeder v1.00

The latest version kindly uploaded by Jack_MCS

During the setting of googlefeeder.php

I enabled SEO

However when testing the feed in admin I get this error message

Warning: include_once(../includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/public_html/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 101

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '../includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/mysite/php') in /home/mysite/public_html/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 101

Fatal error: Class 'SEO_URL' not found in /home/mysite/public_html/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 102

I checked the googlefeeder.php file and on those lines it mentions

if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){

//********************

// Modification for SEO

// Since the ultimate SEO was only installed on the public side, we will include our files from there.

require_once('../includes/filenames.php');

require_once('../includes/database_tables.php');

include_once('../' .DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');

$seo_urls = new SEO_URL(DEFAULT_LANGUAGE);

function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true) {

global $seo_urls;

return $seo_urls->href_link($page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id);

}

}

Now I check my site and see the

filenames.php

database_tables.php

are there but the seo.class.php is not there.

I went to the installation instructions of

Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205

And I can not find this file or mention of uploading it anywhere.

Please can someone let me know what I should do, if I want SEO enabled and have installed Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205

Kind Regards

Hello

I just realised that the Ultimate SEO mentioned in this add on is different to the one I have installed, namely Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205

that is why there is not seo_class.php file

I disabled the SEO as I dont have the same version.

Please can someone explain by having this enabled what will it do, I am new to ecommerce and new to the concept of SEO would it be possible for this add on to work with the Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205 i have installed?

Anyway

I am now getting this error when trying to test

: SQL error Unknown column 'products.products_brand' in 'field list'| sql = SELECT concat( 'http://www.mysite.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName, manufacturers.manufacturers_id, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_quantity AS quantity, products.products_status AS prodStatus, products.products_weight AS prodWeight, products.products_brand as brand, FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price), 2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://www.mysite.co.uk/images/' ,products.products_image) AS image_url, products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, categories.parent_id AS catParentID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM (categories, categories_description, products, products_description, products_to_categories) left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id ) left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date is NULL) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id AND categories_description.language_id = 1 AND products_description.language_id = 1 ORDER BY products.products_id ASC

Please can anyone tell me why I am getting this.

Kind Regards