• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

I'm running it manually. I go in and under tools click on "google base"... Then I go through the steps and get a word document that I can then upload to Google. Except that it only gives me a partial list of my products. It doesn't include anything new. And the expiration date never changes from 8-11-2010. Someone earlier mentioned something about database dates or no dates or future dates? I don't know what that meant either. I'm sorry. I just have no idea how to fix this and don't really want to start over as I have around 500 products on my site along with a few other add-ons. Thank you for all your help...

It sounds like the feed is not actually being created. First, when you run this manually, it should create the feed and upload it for you, assuming you have the ftp option set in the settings. There isn't any reason for you to copy anything to upload yourself. You should look in the feeds directory on the server and check the date that that file was last changed. If it is not the same as when you ran the script, then something is wrong. Maybe you didn't set the permissions on the feeds directory correctly?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello there,

I recently installed Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-10 on my website and the google base feed stopped working. I had an error message. I fixed this on the suggestion a few pages back where you adjust a line in the seo.class.php file. The error went, but now the feed is failing completely.

I just get this:

File completed: froogle_uk_file.txt

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user xxxxxxx

uploads.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

Script timer: 3.540373 seconds.

I check the file and it isnt actually created in the feeds folder. It then obviously won't work as an upload for google.

Could there be anything in the ultimate seo contribution which throws off the functionality of the google base feeder file? Just wondering if its a known issue at all?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just noticed that in my google merchant center I have a warning saying that %17 (137 items) of my items have "Missing product identifiers"

Google only shows me 5 of the items in question and I am not really sure why they are missing something?

All of my products are fom the same "industry" ( i only sell sporting equipment)

I have taken a look at the google help page although it does not really shed a lot of light on what the problem is.

It refers to ISBN numbers for books ect but my items dont have anything like that,

any ideas?

many thanks,

anthony

a little help please i looked back all the pages from this year but didnt find a answer.

i installed the add on exported the file it looks fine but getting errors with google.

0 of 235 items inserted - Processed on Oct 14, 2010 2:59 am PDT

Detected encoding: ISO-8859-1 [Latin-1, ASCII]

Detected delimiter: Tab (\t)

Detected file format: Text

Item Errors - 470 items with errors 470 items affected

Missing required attribute: title (235 errors)

Please make sure you include all required attributes in your data feed.

Examples: Examples:

Item Nr. Line Nr.

1 2

13 14

51 52

59 60

63 64

Missing required attribute: id (235 errors)

Please make sure you include all required attributes in your data feed.

Examples: Examples:

Item Nr. Line Nr.

1 2

13 14

51 52

59 60

63 64

the is the format the file is exporting.

link title description expiration_date price image_link product_type id condition

this is the format google says to use

id title description link price brand condition image link isbn mpn upc weight product type quantity shipping tax

how do i fix this and get this to work?

Show us the top 5 lines of your feed file.

Don't mung anything. It just makes it harder on us to help.

link    title    description    expiration_date    price    image_link    product_type    id    condition
http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/product_info.php?products_id=28    Malaysian Driftwood - M    one medium Malaysian Driftwood. these have been pre soaked and should sink right away in your tank.    2010-11-12    4.00    http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/images/MDW-M.jpg    Driftwood    28    New 
http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/product_info.php?products_id=29    Malaysian Driftwood - S    one small Malaysian Driftwood. these have been pre soaked and should sink right away in your tank.    2010-11-12    3.00    http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/images/Malaysian Driftwood Small.JPG    Driftwood    29    New 
http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/product_info.php?products_id=30    Anubias on Malaysian Driftwood M    one Anubias on medium Malaysian Driftwood.    2010-11-12    16.00    http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/images/medium driftwood w anubias.JPG    Driftwood    30    New 
http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/product_info.php?products_id=31    Anubias on Malaysian Driftwood S    one Anubias on a small Malaysian Driftwood.    2010-11-12    14.00    http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/images/Small Driftwood W Anubias.JPG    Driftwood    31    New 
http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/product_info.php?products_id=32    Java Fern on malaysian driftwood M    two Java Fern on medium malaysian driftwood.    2010-11-12    16.00    http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/images/medium driftwood w java fern.JPG    Driftwood    32    New 
http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/product_info.php?products_id=33    Java Fern on malaysian driftwood S    two Java Fern on small malaysian driftwood.    2010-11-12    14.00    http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/images/Small Driftwood W Java Fern.JPG    Driftwood    33    New 

here

Edited by mgamer20o0

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

Google shopping has just been released in France, great news !

I've tried to use this Google Base contrib. Everything works fine, excepted the attributes names that should be in French !

Google validates my txt file only if "price" is called "prix" and if "condition" is called "état" !!!

I have tried to look into the files, but impossible to find where this attribute name is defined !

Anyone with the solution ? Maybe some German members who already met this problem ?

Thank you in advance, have an incredible day !!! :rolleyes:

Hello all

Google shopping has just been released in France, great news !

I've tried to use this Google Base contrib. Everything works fine, excepted the attributes names that should be in French !

Google validates my txt file only if "price" is called "prix" and if "condition" is called "état" !!!

I have tried to look into the files, but impossible to find where this attribute name is defined !

Anyone with the solution ? Maybe some German members who already met this problem ?

Thank you in advance, have an incredible day !!! :rolleyes:

around line 249,

$output = "link\ttitle\tdescription\texpiration_date\tprice\timage_link\tproduct_type\tid";

replace with

$output = "link\ttitle\tdescription\texpiration_date\tprix\timage_link\tproduct_type\tid";

around line 260

$output .= "\tcondition";

replace with

$output .= "\tétat";

around line 249,

$output = "link\ttitle\tdescription\texpiration_date\tprice\timage_link\tproduct_type\tid";

replace with

$output = "link\ttitle\tdescription\texpiration_date\tprix\timage_link\tproduct_type\tid";

around line 260

replace with

$output .= "\tétat";

Thank you so much !!! :thumbsup:

Nice up-to-date contribution, thankyou.

How do I generate multiple feeds for different countries?

For example, Google Product search can be targeted at UK or US shops, at the moment I can only seem generate one file which will be in only one currency (eg.GBP) if I want to also send a feed to target Google US which would need to be in USD how do I do this?

Nice up-to-date contribution, thankyou.

How do I generate multiple feeds for different countries?

For example, Google Product search can be targeted at UK or US shops, at the moment I can only seem generate one file which will be in only one currency (eg.GBP) if I want to also send a feed to target Google US which would need to be in USD how do I do this?

I'm not sure if google will accept this but you can create a copy of the googlefeeder.php file and change the currency setting. Be sure to change the feed name. Declare that feed name in your google account and upload as normal.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm not sure if google will accept this but you can create a copy of the googlefeeder.php file and change the currency setting. Be sure to change the feed name. Declare that feed name in your google account and upload as normal.

Thanks Jack, I've managed to do this with some success. All my prices in my shop are in GBP and I can't get the feeder to convert these to USD. What would be the correct combination of settings in the googlefeeder file. At the moment when I tell it to convert currency to USD the file contains 0.00 for all prices.

Thanks Jack, I've managed to do this with some success. All my prices in my shop are in GBP and I can't get the feeder to convert these to USD. What would be the correct combination of settings in the googlefeeder file. At the moment when I tell it to convert currency to USD the file contains 0.00 for all prices.

You have to set the convert currency and currency type options in that file. It should work with just those changes.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Here's how I've set the options, is this correct?

The file does add ?currency=USD onto URL's but the prices for everything are 0.00

define('CONVERT_CURRENCY', '1');

define('CURRENCY_TYPE', 'USD');

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_CURRENCY', 1);

define('OPTIONS_DEFAULT_CURRENCY', 'GBP');

(My default currency in my shop is GBP and I want to create a file with USD and I checked that I have set up the currency in the admin section.

Here's how I've set the options, is this correct?

The file does add ?currency=USD onto URL's but the prices for everything are 0.00

define('CONVERT_CURRENCY', '1');

define('CURRENCY_TYPE', 'USD');

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_CURRENCY', 1);

define('OPTIONS_DEFAULT_CURRENCY', 'GBP');

(My default currency in my shop is GBP and I want to create a file with USD and I checked that I have set up the currency in the admin section.

The way the code works is that it reads in the exchange rate for the CURRENCY_TYPE and then converts the price based on that. If your exchange rate has not been updated, the prices will be the same.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The way the code works is that it reads in the exchange rate for the CURRENCY_TYPE and then converts the price based on that. If your exchange rate has not been updated, the prices will be the same.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused as to what needs to be changed. Are you saying that I need to set the exchange rate in this file?

Or that my settings are correct? and as long as there is an exchange rate set in admin > localization > currencies then it should work?

Sorry, I'm a bit confused as to what needs to be changed. Are you saying that I need to set the exchange rate in this file?

Or that my settings are correct? and as long as there is an exchange rate set in admin > localization > currencies then it should work?

The latter.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The latter.

Ok, the problem is that the currency is set up in admin; when you're on my site you can easily change the currency to USD and it converts it correctly, so what would be the reason why this is not coming out in the feed file? Are those 4 settings that I posted set up correctly?

Ok, the problem is that the currency is set up in admin; when you're on my site you can easily change the currency to USD and it converts it correctly, so what would be the reason why this is not coming out in the feed file? Are those 4 settings that I posted set up correctly?

The settings are correct. I can't say why it isn't working.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am also wanting to feed the products from my site into Google Shopping section but really need step by step instructions on how to do it. Can anyone help?

Instructions are included with the contribution.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

around line 249,

replace with

around line 260

replace with

$output .= "\tétat";

To quote google.fr -

Vous insérez des attributs en anglais dans votre flux, ainsi que des attributs en français ('état' et 'prix'). Ce mélange crée des problèmes d'inclusion de vos images et d'autres informations concernant vos offres dans Google Shopping. Veuillez donc utiliser les attributs en anglais correspondants à l'état et au prix : 'condition' et 'price'.

I think they've fixed a problem - it seems to work fine now with english. :D

The firs time worked perfect, and generated the rss.xml file.

But now executing the script again:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 33816576) (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /homepages/6/xxxxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/rss_edgeio.php on line 74

help.

Edited by bhbilbao