• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Hi guys, i can install the contribution fine but my products are failing at getting added to Google. I get the explanation:

Expiry date is too far in the future.

Please make sure that the value doesn't exceed the default expiration date for your item type.

Any ideas on what settings I can tweak to overcome this?

I had the same issue. Open the googlefeeder.php file and find "$feed_exp_date = date('Y-m-d', time() + 2592000 );".

At or around line 121. 2592000 is the number of seconds added to the current date. This number of seconds totals 30 days. Although these feeds are supposed to be good for 30 days, google does not allow feeds with dates exactly 30 days out.

The solution is to change the number to 2505600; which represents 29 days. You may be able to remove a couple of seconds and get away with it but I went with 29 days and it worked.

Edited by kmb40

Hi guys, just installed this add-on but, I'm getting and error

File completed: my_feed.txt

FTP open connection failed to uploads.google.com

Script timer: 90.572534 seconds.

I have triple checked the ftp details.

any help?

Try connecting to google manually using an ftp program. If it fails, the problem is with google. If it passes, the problem is with your host.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Provide them with instructions on how to see the failure. They problem have fopen calls blocked. But the code is straigtforward so they will be able to see the problem and figure out the reason.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Thank you so much for this contribution.

I have a question, though. Would it be possible to add a manufacturer filter? I'm trying to isolate some data issues from one of my manufacturers, and it would be extremely helpful to be able to create the feed by the stable ones.

Thanks,

Kristin

I have a question, though. Would it be possible to add a manufacturer filter? I'm trying to isolate some data issues from one of my manufacturers, and it would be extremely helpful to be able to create the feed by the stable ones.

It already has an option to list the manufacutrer name. Are you saying you want to prevent some of them from displaying? If so, you can try this. Find this code

$output .= " \t " . $row->mfgName;

and change it to

$output .= " \t " . ($row->mfgName !== "exclude_me" ? $row->mfgName : '');

where exclude_me is the name of the manufacturer you want to skip. I haven't tried it but I think it will work.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It already has an option to list the manufacutrer name. Are you saying you want to prevent some of them from displaying? If so, you can try this. Find this code

$output .= " \t " . $row->mfgName;

and change it to

$output .= " \t " . ($row->mfgName !== "exclude_me" ? $row->mfgName : '');

where exclude_me is the name of the manufacturer you want to skip. I haven't tried it but I think it will work.

This kept the manufacturer's name from being outputted to the row.

Unfortunately, I am not a PHP programmer, so this is Greek to me. :)

Hi Jack,

I created a workaround.

In the Master Settings, I added this variable:

define('MANUFACTURER_ID', '10');   //Process this manufacturer

and added additional criteria to the WHERE clause:

WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id
AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id
AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id
AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id

AND manufacturers.manufacturers_id = '" . MANUFACTURER_ID . "'

ORDER BY
products.products_id ASC
";

It worked!

So, how can I get it to display a list of manufacturers with checkboxes, and a submit button?

Thanks,

Kristin

That's not a simple coding job so I can't answer it here. The better approach though would be to have that new option as a list and then have the database code compare against the list. If you don't figure it out, I will see about adding it to the next version, whenever that will be.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

That's not a simple coding job so I can't answer it here. The better approach though would be to have that new option as a list and then have the database code compare against the list. If you don't figure it out, I will see about adding it to the next version, whenever that will be.

define('BYPASS_MANUFACTURER_IDS', '10,11,12');   //Bypass these manufacturers

Ah, so I should change the option like above, and look for the PHP syntax for "NOT IN"? Is that "!=="? Then I should be able to use the option as a list of manufacturers to bypass?

Yes, that's what I meant for the option. As for checking, it needs to be done in the mysql code. Using NOTIN doesn't always work well, from my experience. I think I would just build a string from the option like (id != 10 and id != 11... but it's easy to try whichever way you like best.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey, just wondering if anyone else is getting the same error.

No file is created, the folder was created however not output txt file.

File completed: gbase.txt

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user #######

uploads.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

Script timer: 4.184720 seconds.

Hey, just wondering if anyone else is getting the same error.

No file is created, the folder was created however not output txt file.

File completed: gbase.txt

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user #######

uploads.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

Script timer: 4.184720 seconds.

It's a lot of work so I'm sorry to put it on you but you will need to place your mouse on the scroll bar to the right and move it up all the up to where this same question was already answered.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Provide them with instructions on how to see the failure. They problem have fopen calls blocked. But the code is straigtforward so they will be able to see the problem and figure out the reason.

Thanks Jack, they insisted its from my end but, I setup a schedule to read my feeds from google every 30days. This should work similarly.

Just be sure to setup a cron job to run the script so that your feed is accurate. You may want to turn off the ftp option so the script completes faster.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have a problem......

All my os shops are hosted on one server in sub directories. I then have redirect from the trading name. Everything works fine, file created, ftp's and appears in google base but......I have no images. The file is using the trading name address and not the sub-directory where the store is. Where does it pick the image location up from? I have checked my store and there is no reference to the trading name domain. I have checked my base settings and that uses the sub-directory. I have looked in googlefeeder.pbp and that uses the sub-directpry. So where is it getting the trading name address from?

Also is there a way to use the category and product name? I have boat x, boat y, boat z with sub categories which are common to each boat. Without the category all my base products are similar and not boat specific so searching is a bit hard. I don't want to put the baot name in front of each product as it then repeats in ultimate SEO's. Anyway of doing this?

Any help greatly appreciated

I don't know what the "trading name" is but if it is an entrance site, then this addon won't work for you. It only looks at the shop itself.

For the category name, if you don't want to use that option in Ultimate SEO, then you would have to edit the googlefeeder file to add the category name. There's nothing in the code to do that now.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack_mcs, thanks for the reply

I use the company name for Google and the trading name is just for promotion stuff.

The problem is....

Trading name is xxxxx.com (which is just a redirect to yyyyy.com/store)

Store hosted on yyyyy.com/store

There is no reference to xxxxx.com in the store setup

Google feed file should be yyyyy.com/store/image/product_z for the images but its using xxxxx.com/images/product_z which doesn't exist.

I am keen to find out where it is pulling the image directory reference from?

As for the category name, I have that on in USEO so I get boat x product y as my title but google feed is just using the product y bit

The images location is built in the file based on the url you enter in the setting, assuming you are using the latest version.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

For what ever reason it has now sorted its self out without me uploading a new text file! Must have resolved itself but hey I'm not complaining

Thanks for all your help

In order for it to list the condition of each product, a field must be added to each product holding its condition. The googlefeeder file would then have to be edited to call in that field.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

In the googlefeeder.php file, they show this line.

define('OPTIONS_CONDITION', 'New'); //possible entries are New, Refurbished, Used

So I would need to edit one or two files in the admin section of my site? And add fields or references to this line of code correct?

I've never done code work like that, but could probably figure it out if I knew which files to edit.

Thanks,

Jason

Edited by rustyclockwork