• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

I have successfully created the feed, so thanks for all your help! I can definately notice an increase in my traffic on my site.

When I look at my data quality though I am getting this message:

Your item list is missing product type values. Please submit product type values for all items

I looked in previous posts and did change tlabel to tdescription in this line:

$output = "link\ttitle\tdescription\texpiration_date\tprice\timage_link\tlabel\tid";

When I look at my products in Google I see that the catagory and subcatagory have made it across to Google and is being displayed in the product details. Am I missing something here? I am not sure what to do next.

Thanks!

V 2.3 is mine but that code is not part of it. Perhaps you had it previously version installed and missed uploading the newer googlefeeder.php file?

Thank you for your time, Jack.

Just to make sure I got the right file, I removed the existing admin/feeders.php and admin/googlefeeder.php, keeping www.mywebsite.com/feeds directory.

Uploaded V 2.3 again - admin/feeders.php and admin/googlefeeder.php.

On googlefeeder.php, edited it as below;

define('SEO_ENABLED','false');

define('FEEDNAME', 'examplefeed.txt');

define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'www.mywebiste.com');

define('FTP_USERNAME', 'myusername');

define('FTP_PASSWORD', 'mypassword');

define('FTP_ENABLED', '1');

define('CONVERT_CURRENCY', '0');

define('CURRENCY_TYPE', 'GBP');

define('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE', 1);

I guess I shouldn't follow 'Required Configuration' as there is a line stating /*************** NO EDITS NEEDED BELOW THIS LINE *****************/

So that's all I have done. Running http://www.mywebsite.com/admin/googlefeeder.php, I got the same error message 'Invalid URL in attribute: link (774 errors)'. I noticed the link doesn't show full URL just product name after URL (it should be http://www.mywebsite.com/product123. Instead, it only shows 'product123')

Anything you can think of to help?

I have successfully created the feed, so thanks for all your help! I can definately notice an increase in my traffic on my site.

When I look at my data quality though I am getting this message:

Your item list is missing product type values. Please submit product type values for all items

I looked in previous posts and did change tlabel to tdescription in this line:

$output = "link\ttitle\tdescription\texpiration_date\tprice\timage_link\tlabel\tid";

When I look at my products in Google I see that the catagory and subcatagory have made it across to Google and is being displayed in the product details. Am I missing something here? I am not sure what to do next.

Thanks!

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. Are you saying that with the label renamed google is still complaining about the product types? If so, I suggest contacting google to find out exactly what the problem is since others use that column name successfully.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you for your time, Jack.

Just to make sure I got the right file, I removed the existing admin/feeders.php and admin/googlefeeder.php, keeping www.mywebsite.com/feeds directory.

Uploaded V 2.3 again - admin/feeders.php and admin/googlefeeder.php.

On googlefeeder.php, edited it as below;

define('SEO_ENABLED','false');

define('FEEDNAME', 'examplefeed.txt');

define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'www.mywebiste.com');

define('FTP_USERNAME', 'myusername');

define('FTP_PASSWORD', 'mypassword');

define('FTP_ENABLED', '1');

define('CONVERT_CURRENCY', '0');

define('CURRENCY_TYPE', 'GBP');

define('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE', 1);

I guess I shouldn't follow 'Required Configuration' as there is a line stating /*************** NO EDITS NEEDED BELOW THIS LINE *****************/

So that's all I have done. Running http://www.mywebsite.com/admin/googlefeeder.php, I got the same error message 'Invalid URL in attribute: link (774 errors)'. I noticed the link doesn't show full URL just product name after URL (it should be http://www.mywebsite.com/product123. Instead, it only shows 'product123')

Anything you can think of to help?

When you say the link doesn't show the full url, are you referring to the actual datafeed file in the feeds directory or some error on google? Assuming the former, are you using a url rewriter or the seo url friendly option?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

When you say the link doesn't show the full url, are you referring to the actual datafeed file in the feeds directory or some error on google? Assuming the former, are you using a url rewriter or the seo url friendly option?

Yes, the actual datafeed file from http://www.mywebsite.com/feeds/examplefeed.txt. The first line is 'Link'. Underneath, just product123 instead of http://www.mywebsite.com/product123. Hope it makes sense.

No URL rewriter but I have 'Easy Populate'.

Yes, the actual datafeed file from http://www.mywebsite.com/feeds/examplefeed.txt. The first line is 'Link'. Underneath, just product123 instead of http://www.mywebsite.com/product123. Hope it makes sense.

No URL rewriter but I have 'Easy Populate'.

This is an example of the 1st line

link title description expiration_date price image_link label id condition

product_info.php28

I removed the rest part of title, description and etc as they appear ok. You see, that product_info.php28 should be in full URL, right? That's why Google gives error messages.

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. Are you saying that with the label renamed google is still complaining about the product types? If so, I suggest contacting google to find out exactly what the problem is since others use that column name successfully.

Yes, I renamed that label and I am still getting the message that I am missing product types. I will contact them and see what the issue is.

Thanks!

This is an example of the 1st line

link title description expiration_date price image_link label id condition

product_info.php28

I removed the rest part of title, description and etc as they appear ok. You see, that product_info.php28 should be in full URL, right? That's why Google gives error messages.

Yes, that is why google won't list the items. Unfortunately, I haven't a clue as to what might be causing that. The code takes the domain name you enter and builds a links with it. If your domain name is entered correctly, which it appears to be, then the link should get built correctly, which it apparently isn't. You can try the following to see what the code is doing. Find this code

$productURL = 'http://' . DOMAIN_NAME . '/product_info.php?products_id=';
}

and add this line beneath it

echo 'SEO '. SEO_ENABLED . ' - ' . ' url '.$productURL .'<br>';

Run the script manually and let me know what is displayed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, that is why google won't list the items. Unfortunately, I haven't a clue as to what might be causing that. The code takes the domain name you enter and builds a links with it. If your domain name is entered correctly, which it appears to be, then the link should get built correctly, which it apparently isn't. You can try the following to see what the code is doing. Find this code

$productURL = 'http://' . DOMAIN_NAME . '/product_info.php?products_id=';
}

and add this line beneath it

echo 'SEO '. SEO_ENABLED . ' - ' . ' url '.$productURL .'<br>';

Run the script manually and let me know what is displayed.

Exactly same as before, I am afraid :(

Any other suggestion you can think of, please?

Exactly same as before, I am afraid :(

Any other suggestion you can think of, please?

It can't be the same since that code would cause something to be printed out. Maybe you aren't uploading the file to the server?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It can't be the same since that code would cause something to be printed out. Maybe you aren't uploading the file to the server?

hmmm..

I wasn't quite sure about 'Run the script manually'.

The code you gave was added to admin/googlefeeder.php where it should. Then, I did as before http://www.mywebsite.com/feeds/examplefeed.txt to get the same result.

Sorry if I'm off the mark on your instruction :(

hmmm..

I wasn't quite sure about 'Run the script manually'.

The code you gave was added to admin/googlefeeder.php where it should. Then, I did as before http://www.mywebsite.com/feeds/examplefeed.txt to get the same result.

Sorry if I'm off the mark on your instruction :(

No, that only displays the existing feed. To create it, go to http://yourwebsite.com/admin/googlefeeder.php.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, that only displays the existing feed. To create it, go to http://yourwebsite.com/admin/googlefeeder.php.

Ah okay, thanks.

I got this now.

SEO false - url product_info.php

File completed: examplefeed.txt

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user xxxxx

Uploaded ../feeds/examplefeed.txt to uploads.google.com as examplefeed.txt

Script timer: 6.464792 seconds.

Got the same error messages from Google.

SEO false - url product_info.php

File completed: examplefeed.txt

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user xxxxx

Uploaded ../feeds/examplefeed.txt to uploads.google.com as examplefeed.txt

The code in the file isn't seeing the domain name. Be sure this line in that file on the server

define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'www.yourwebsite.com');

has your domain name in it. If it still fails, post the first ten lines of your googlefeeder file here, except for the username and password.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The code in the file isn't seeing the domain name. Be sure this line in that file on the server

define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'www.yourwebsite.com');

has your domain name in it. If it still fails, post the first ten lines of your googlefeeder file here, except for the username and password.

define('SEO_ENABLED','false'); //Change to 'false' to disable if Ultimate SEO URLs is not installed

define('FEEDNAME', 'examplefeed.txt'); //from your googlebase account

define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'www.myshop.com'); //your correct domain name (don't include www unless it is used)

define('FTP_USERNAME', 'xxxxxxx'); //from your googlebase account

define('FTP_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxx'); //from your googlebase account

define('FTP_ENABLED', '1'); //set to 0 to disable

define('CONVERT_CURRENCY', '0'); //set to 0 to disable - only needed if a feed in a difference currecny is required

define('CURRENCY_TYPE', 'GBP'); //(eg. USD, EUR, GBP)

define('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE', 1); //Change this to the id of your language. BY default 1 is englis

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED', 1);

Edited by sjnewbie

define('SEO_ENABLED','false'); //Change to 'false' to disable if Ultimate SEO URLs is not installed

define('FEEDNAME', 'examplefeed.txt'); //from your googlebase account

define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'www.myshop.com'); //your correct domain name (don't include www unless it is used)

define('FTP_USERNAME', 'xxxxxxx'); //from your googlebase account

define('FTP_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxx'); //from your googlebase account

define('FTP_ENABLED', '1'); //set to 0 to disable

define('CONVERT_CURRENCY', '0'); //set to 0 to disable - only needed if a feed in a difference currecny is required

define('CURRENCY_TYPE', 'GBP'); //(eg. USD, EUR, GBP)

define('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE', 1); //Change this to the id of your language. BY default 1 is englis

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED', 1);

It all looks good. The code just doesn't seem to work on your server but I can't begin to guess as to why.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It all looks good. The code just doesn't seem to work on your server but I can't begin to guess as to why.

:(

Thanks for your time though.

Do you reckon it's something I can ask hosting company or Google?! Any alternative you can recommend to get my products on Google Base?

:(

Thanks for your time though.

Do you reckon it's something I can ask hosting company or Google?! Any alternative you can recommend to get my products on Google Base?

Most hosting companies will say they don't support third-party scripts but it won't hurt to ask. There's no need to ask google since the problem is before they are involved.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

So I changed tdepartment to tproduct_type and that seemed to solve the issue.

Thanks!

It is strange that that is not required by all sites. Maybe it is related to the actual product being sold. But having it here may help someone else so thanks for posting the fix.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added code to include for tep_not_null, which is a failure for some installations

- Changed deprecated label column heading to product_type

- Changed installation instructions to include setting up a feed creation link in admin

This update doesn't contain anything new for shops with working installations. It is just meant to make it easier for future installations. The only exception is if you want to have the option of manually creating a feed in admin by clicking on a link.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have an interesting problem. "Google Base Froogle Data Feeder v1.00" installed without a hitch, set ftp to 0 and SEO URL to true. Got a clean feed.txt i.e.

(http://www.mydollyandme.com.au/21australian-traffic-signs-p-121.html 21Australian Traffic Signs ...... etc)

the only visible problem was the feed.txt appends rather that overwrites, this was not a problem.

Then I noticed my URLs had changed in the browser URL bar.

From http://www.mydollyandme.com.au/21australian-traffic-signs-p-121.html

To: http://www.mydollyandme.com.au/product_info.php?21australian-traffic-signs-p-121.html

A little research revealed that my database which has "ULTIMATE Seo URLs 5 - by FWR Media" installed was being overwritten/changed.

"Seo URLs 5 - by FWR Media" is assigned "configuration_group_id 12955" with 12 options

after running "Google Base Froogle Data Feeder v1.00","configuration_group_id 12955" still existed but was empty. A new "configuration_group_id 12957" "Ultimate SEO URLs by Chemo" had been added containing a different group to that of FWR Media.

I have run this 11 times, each with the same result. I restore my database after each attempt, to reverse the changes.

Any Ideas

graeme

I have an interesting problem. "Google Base Froogle Data Feeder v1.00" installed without a hitch, set ftp to 0 and SEO URL to true. Got a clean feed.txt i.e.

(http://www.mydollyandme.com.au/21australian-traffic-signs-p-121.html 21Australian Traffic Signs ...... etc)

the only visible problem was the feed.txt appends rather that overwrites, this was not a problem.

Then I noticed my URLs had changed in the browser URL bar.

From http://www.mydollyandme.com.au/21australian-traffic-signs-p-121.html

To: http://www.mydollyandme.com.au/product_info.php?21australian-traffic-signs-p-121.html

A little research revealed that my database which has "ULTIMATE Seo URLs 5 - by FWR Media" installed was being overwritten/changed.

"Seo URLs 5 - by FWR Media" is assigned "configuration_group_id 12955" with 12 options

after running "Google Base Froogle Data Feeder v1.00","configuration_group_id 12955" still existed but was empty. A new "configuration_group_id 12957" "Ultimate SEO URLs by Chemo" had been added containing a different group to that of FWR Media.

It's not possible for this contribution to cause that since it doesn't contain any code to write to the database. If you have a version of Ultimate SEO URLs by Chemo installed it might be that this code is accessing and that, causing the change. Or it might be some problem in Seo URLs 5.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It's not possible for this contribution to cause that since it doesn't contain any code to write to the database. If you have a version of Ultimate SEO URLs by Chemo installed it might be that this code is accessing and that, causing the change. Or it might be some problem in Seo URLs 5.

This I understand, I couldn't see anything either, but as I have never installed "Ultimate SEO URLs by Chemo" and have checked the database line by line for references to it, I'm stumped. The changes occur every time. Maybe in time I will find out why. Thanks for the reply and the contribution, it's great.

graeme

Edited by graeme john

This I understand, I couldn't see anything either, but as I have never installed "Ultimate SEO URLs by Chemo" and have checked the database line by line for references to it, I'm stumped. The changes occur every time. Maybe in time I will find out why. Thanks for the reply and the contribution, it's great.

graeme

The url option for this contribution was written to work with Ultimate SEO. It might be that SEO 5 doesn't work well with it. You may want to ask in the support thread for that contribution to see if there is a fix.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons