• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

hmmm....don't know how looked right over it, must have been one of the early morning snafoo's.

I do have a question though...

How/where does it pull the category from that it will be placed in? Can I set it to a custom category that would match what Google already has?

It's whatever category it is in your shop. Code to be added to intercept that and change it to what you want but that might be confusing to the vistors since it wouldn't match and may even cause google to disallow it. If you want to have a different name, you should rename the actual category or move the product to a new one that matches it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

$OutFile = "../feeds/your-outfile.txt"; //Replace "your-outfile" with the filename provided by Google

Where does Google assign this file name? I don't see it anywhere in the Webmaster Tools section. We've submitted maps in the past where we told it the file name, but I don't see where it assigns me a .txt file.

Any tips?

I am by no means a pro, but if you go to Google Base, then go to data feeds, then hit create new data feed and you can name it whatever you want, like "store.txt". That is what I did and it worked. . .

I hope this helps (and I am right). . .

I am by no means a pro, but if you go to Google Base, then go to data feeds, then hit create new data feed and you can name it whatever you want, like "store.txt". That is what I did and it worked. . .

I hope this helps (and I am right). . .

Kudos to you, jwalker. Thanks! I was searching in the wrong area (obviously).

It's whatever category it is in your shop. Code to be added to intercept that and change it to what you want but that might be confusing to the vistors since it wouldn't match and may even cause google to disallow it. If you want to have a different name, you should rename the actual category or move the product to a new one that matches it.

Jack

Jack,

My categories in my store are more defined than the general categories that google has. Renaming/changing categories in my store would not be good for me. What are my options?

Blaine

Google doesn't say you have to use what they suggest. If you use the department column title, they will accept the names you have.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Installed and am generating the feed file which appears correct. I'm receiving this error though - which when I search on, it appears a lot people run into this when using it for a variety of purposes:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ftp_connect() in /mysitepath/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 378

According to phpinfo, the ftp is enabled. Any advice anyone can toss me?

Hello

I think you guys were discussing this earlier, but when I go into Data Quality, it states all my products are "Missing Product Type Values", is this because my categories are different than Google, and do you think this will affect us negatively?

Secondly, about the "Missing recommended attribute: weight ", I was scanning through this Thread and it one post it stated a new version had fixed this, but I have the newest version but I a still receiving the error. Is that this big of a deal???

Thanks. . .

While talking with my host about ftp_connect, the mentioned (based on just looking at this one file) that $ftpservername was not declared which they thought was affecting ftp_connect. I got looking more at the line:

function ftp_file( $ftpservername, $ftpusername, $ftppassword, $ftpsourcefile, $ftpdirectory, $ftpdestinationfile )

and don't see where those are assigned values from the master config. Am I looking at that right? Am I missing a section where all of those are assigned the values from the master config? I don't seen anything in master config that relates to the FTP_DIRECTORy or FTP_DESTINATION_FILE either.

I have just set this up. The script is now running after some problems. The problem that I am having si the file is sent to google ok but no products are inported. I get the email from google to say 0 out of 8 products installed. Here is a link to the txt file. outfile Is the script not creating it properly or what?

I don't understand what you mean by "the Delimiter" but there are settings in the file of this contribution and settings in your googlebase account. You need to set them all correctly.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It looks like Google has changed some rules around. 1 of which says not to include any shipping info in the title. Problem is I have "FREE SHIPPING" in all of my titles, and they are not inserting any of my items anymore. Is there a way to put in some extra code to strip out the phrase "FREE SHIPPING"?

/feeds/wwhproducts.txt

Check whether the directory exist and is writable.

Also make sure the given file name is writable.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

I have managed to change the seperators. The problem that I am having is the google is not inporting any products. They are not giving an error code. Is there a way of adding products manualy? As at the moment I have not got that many and they will not be updated much.

I have managed to change the seperators. The problem that I am having is the google is not inporting any products. They are not giving an error code. Is there a way of adding products manualy? As at the moment I have not got that many and they will not be updated much.

If you submit a feed and google accepts it but doesn't list the products, the problem is with google. You will need to talk to them to find out why they are refusing it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons