• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

If you want the items you list in Google Base to be added to product catagory it needs to contain Condition (new or used)

I finally just created a Excel spread sheet for all my products, saved as .txt and upload it once a month along with any changes. You can see it was uploaded correctly from their site and not worry about it. Once you have created it, it only takes about 3 minutes to upload it.

You can do that if you want another job in managing your shop. This contribution does it all automatically.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You can do that if you want another job in managing your shop. This contribution does it all automatically.

Jack

It didnt work for me, so I guess I did something wrong. Was more code added after the original post? Sorry but Im too lazy to read 2134 replies. LOL

Flying away to get back to work.

I can't imagine what problems you are having. You have to set the file up with your logins, feed name and the like but that takes a few minutes. Then upload the files and setup the cron script. You're all done at that point.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

Not sure this question was asked before. Our website has Categories -> Sub Categories -> Main Products -> Sub Products. With the googlefeeder.php I can create a feed for main products but not sub products. How can I enable the script to create a feed with main products + sub products.

Sub products has all the options available for the main products (spares, accessories etc.)

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Hi,

All is working correctly except the fact that Special Price is not generated. Its always the regular price.

went thru the code and the SQL, made few tests but still nada.

Any Ideas?

(I have the last version, in the googlefeeder.php it has July 15th 2009)

Thanks to all

Installed contributions:

Ultimate_SEO, Article Manager 1.5, Dynamic SiteMap 2.0, Infopages, Google SiteMap XMl w/admin 2.1, HeaderTagControler 2.6.1, FCKosc 2.21, X-sell 2.3, Google Analytics Modul, All Products, Page Cache 1.5, EasyPopulate2.7d, Multi Product Manager 2.5, Define Main Page, and probably few others...

Hi,

All is working correctly except the fact that Special Price is not generated. Its always the regular price.

went thru the code and the SQL, made few tests but still nada.

Any Ideas?

(I have the last version, in the googlefeeder.php it has July 15th 2009)

Thanks to all

See the next post.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded that fixes the special date problem. To update, just replace your googlefeeder.php file with the included one.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This contribution works very well for me with the exception that my shop is running with separate pricing per customer group (SPPC), quantity Price Breaks for Separate Pricing Per Customer and hide products and categories from customer groups.

What is happing is that all products from all groups are uploaded within the feed and I would only like retail products uploaded and no other group products. Has anyone accomplished this? I was unable to locate an answer within this thread.

A new version has been uploaded that fixes the special date problem. To update, just replace your googlefeeder.php file with the included one.

Jack

thanks!

Installed contributions:

Ultimate_SEO, Article Manager 1.5, Dynamic SiteMap 2.0, Infopages, Google SiteMap XMl w/admin 2.1, HeaderTagControler 2.6.1, FCKosc 2.21, X-sell 2.3, Google Analytics Modul, All Products, Page Cache 1.5, EasyPopulate2.7d, Multi Product Manager 2.5, Define Main Page, and probably few others...

This contribution works very well for me with the exception that my shop is running with separate pricing per customer group (SPPC), quantity Price Breaks for Separate Pricing Per Customer and hide products and categories from customer groups.

What is happing is that all products from all groups are uploaded within the feed and I would only like retail products uploaded and no other group products. Has anyone accomplished this? I was unable to locate an answer within this thread.

The mysql in the googlefeeder file would have to be altered to only look at the retail customer group. Such a change doesn't exist that I recall.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The mysql in the googlefeeder file would have to be altered to only look at the retail customer group. Such a change doesn't exist that I recall.

Jack

Thank you for your response. I will look at this mysql part of gooplefeeder asap.

FYI, if you receive notice from google base regarding the label tag such as this:

Warning: Unsupported attribute: label

This attribute is no longer supported. Please replace the attribute with a relevant, supported attribute.

The fix is quite simple:

around line 218 look for:

$output = "link\ttitle\tdescription\texpiration_date\tprice\timage_link\tlabel\tid";

replace with:

$output = "link\ttitle\tdescription\texpiration_date\tprice\timage_link\tid";

around line 282 locate this code:

if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){
		$output .= tep_href_link($productURL,$productParam . $row->id) . "\t" .
		preg_replace($_strip_search, $_strip_replace, strip_tags( strtr($row->name, $_cleaner_array) ) ) . "\t" .
		preg_replace($_strip_search, $_strip_replace, strip_tags( strtr($row->description, $_cleaner_array) ) ) . "\t" .
		$feed_exp_date . "\t" .
		$row->price . "\t" .
		$row->image_url . "\t" .
		$catIndex[$row->prodCatID] . "\t" .
		$row->id;
}else{
		  $output .= $row->product_url . "\t" .
		  preg_replace($_strip_search, $_strip_replace, strip_tags( strtr($row->name, $_cleaner_array) ) ) . "\t" .
		  preg_replace($_strip_search, $_strip_replace, strip_tags( strtr($row->description, $_cleaner_array) ) ) . "\t" .
		  $feed_exp_date . "\t" .
		  $row->price . "\t" .
		  $row->image_url . "\t" .
		  $row->id;
}

replace with:

if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){
		$feed_exp_date . "\t" .
		$row->price . "\t" .
		$row->image_url . "\t" .
		$row->id;
}else{
		  $feed_exp_date . "\t" .
		  $row->price . "\t" .
		  $row->image_url . "\t" .
		  $row->id;
}

The label warning should drop with the next feed.

BUT, you may start seeing a UPC warning....anyone have a solution yet?

(I see it is something that can be enabled in the code, but to generate barcodes for a lot of products in your store?)

When I get a little time I may take a gander at this contrib and see how it works.

FYI, if you receive notice from google base regarding the label tag such as this:

Warning: Unsupported attribute: label

This attribute is no longer supported. Please replace the attribute with a relevant, supported attribute.

The fix is quite simple:

around line 218 look for:

$output = "link\ttitle\tdescription\texpiration_date\tprice\timage_link\tlabel\tid";

replace with:

$output = "link\ttitle\tdescription\texpiration_date\tprice\timage_link\tid";

around line 282 locate this code:

The label warning should drop with the next feed.

BUT, you may start seeing a UPC warning....anyone have a solution yet?

(I see it is something that can be enabled in the code, but to generate barcodes for a lot of products in your store?)

When I get a little time I may take a gander at this contrib and see how it works.

That's not the way it should be handled. The "label" column is really the category list the product is found in. Changing the title "label" to "department" is a better solution, assuming you want the category listed.

UPC is not part of the standard oscommerce database so there isn't anything to load into that field. You would have to add the code to generate a UPC code befor you could use it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's not the way it should be handled. The "label" column is really the category list the product is found in. Changing the title "label" to "department" is a better solution, assuming you want the category listed.

UPC is not part of the standard oscommerce database so there isn't anything to load into that field. You would have to add the code to generate a UPC code befor you could use it.

Jack

Excellent feedback Jack.

My thought was simply to remove the offending element, but you make perfect sense.

Looking over the acceptable fields, department is there.

department

The store department that the product falls under.

Format:

Text.

Tab-delimited example:

men's

XML example:

<g:department>men's</g:department>

I will tackle that tonight when I have some spare time.

Regarding the UPC, yep, a tool to generate UPCs will be needed, the contrib I mentioned earlier will possibly act as a foundation for my fiddling about.

Corey

I will tackle that tonight when I have some spare time.

Regarding the UPC, yep, a tool to generate UPCs will be needed, the contrib I mentioned earlier will possibly act as a foundation for my fiddling about.

Corey

For the label change, you just need to change that one word in the title string you had already mentioned.

For UPC, there are a number of contributions for that. However, I tried several of them months ago and none worked. I didn't spend a lot of time with them so it could be I made a mistake. If you get one working, I would be interested to know which one.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

For the label change, you just need to change that one word in the title string you had already mentioned.

For UPC, there are a number of contributions for that. However, I tried several of them months ago and none worked. I didn't spend a lot of time with them so it could be I made a mistake. If you get one working, I would be interested to know which one.

Jack

Yeah, the label change was obvious, basically ignore the previous edits I suggested.

I will update the uber simply wisely pointed change after I implement it locally tonight.

I only found one UPC contrib, you saw more?

Elsewhere?

I did only look in oscommerce.com

Corey

There are six here.

Jack

Ah, mighty big forehead slap for me, I didn't even think of searching on "barcode."

Switched label to department and restored catIndex, which yields the clean feeder file.

As I mentioned before, google has the upc nag now.

For those I confused earlier, the better solution (as recommended by Jack) is to change \tlabel to \tdepartment and NOT to change the output arrays in the fetch object.

approx line 218 should read:

$output = "link\ttitle\tdescription\texpiration_date\tprice\timage_link\tdepartment\tid";

approx lines 286-304 should read:

if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){
		$feed_exp_date . "\t" .
		$row->price . "\t" .
		$row->image_url . "\t" .
		$row->id;
}else{
		  $feed_exp_date . "\t" .
		  $row->price . "\t" .
		  $row->image_url . "\t" .
		$row->id;
}

BTW, the specials fix is working very nicely Jack.

Corey

Switched label to department and restored catIndex, which yields the clean feeder file.

BTW, the specials fix is working very nicely Jack.

I'm glad the changes worked. Thanks for letting everyone know.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi there,

I am from Germany and just updated the data feeder. But now I have the problem, that the feed doesn't

include most of the titles and descriptions of my products anymore. There is only one description and title of one product.

I tried around a little bit and realized, that titles and descriptions will be displayed in the feed, when I use productdescription and title in english language. But because I only sell in Germany, I only have german descriptions and don't want to change this for all descriptions. Is there an easier way to solve the problem?

best regards

johannes

Hi there,

I am from Germany and just updated the data feeder. But now I have the problem, that the feed doesn't

include most of the titles and descriptions of my products anymore. There is only one description and title of one product.

I tried around a little bit and realized, that titles and descriptions will be displayed in the feed, when I use productdescription and title in english language. But because I only sell in Germany, I only have german descriptions and don't want to change this for all descriptions. Is there an easier way to solve the problem?

best regards

johannes

First, be sure to set the default lanugage option in the file to correct value. Then find this line

ORDER BY

and change it to

products_description.language_id = '" . DEFAULT_LANGUAGE . "' ORDER BY

I haven't tried this but I think it will work. Be sure to disable the ftp setting while testing it.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thx for fast reply.

I set default language to "2", I think that is the right value for Germany.

An changed the code, but now I get this SQL error:

: SQL error You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'products_description.language_id = '2' ORDER BY products.produc| sql = SELECT concat( 'http://www.arcade-millenium.de/shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName, manufacturers.manufacturers_id, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_quantity AS quantity, products.products_status AS prodStatus, products.products_weight AS prodWeight, FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * 1,2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://www.arcade-millenium.de/shop/catalog/images/' ,products.products_image) AS image_url, products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, categories.parent_id AS catParentID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM (categories, categories_description, products, products_description, products_to_categories) left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id ) left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date is NULL) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id products_description.language_id = '2' ORDER BY products.products_id ASC

I also tried with default language englisch, but it doesn't work.

Hannes

I hope someone can help me, ever since the last two versions of the feeder, my products get doubled for some reason. What could cause that? I have 9661 products currently, and there are exactly that many rows in the database. But the feeder file gets exactly double that many. Please help!

Update: It only happens when I

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED', 1);

if

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED', 0);

then it outputs the correct number of products

Edited by laydback