• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatically send data feed to Froogle

gottaloveit

Phil,

having reviewed the code, you have $convertcur = true, this runs the following in your code but as i have it set to false it doesnt run on mine,

$productURL = "http://www.fireplace2u.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?currency=" . $curType . "&products_id=";

Now it just so happens that your code appears to break at the following point highlighted bold,

left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) )

this is trying to load a specific currency version of your page, if you dont have a GBP currency set then this will fail, if you are only using GBP then set that option to false ($convertcur)

Thanks Chris,

But sadly that hasn't worked either. I made the alterations and there was no change in the error message. I have GBP set as the default currency, and USD and EUR also added.

I do remember having some trouble a year or so back when setting up the PayPal payment system and that also related to currency. If I remember correctly, when I removed USD & EUR, it broke my entire shop! Even after replacing them, the damage wasn't repaired and I ended up reinstalling Os Commerce. All the prices remained at 0. After that I decided to just leave them alone and just set GBP as the default. Could this have some underlining issue that could be causing the possible currency issue in this script?

Naturally, I need to start getting my stock into Google Base some how. If no one else has any ideas on what might be causing this bugging issue, can anyone advise of another tool? I currently have over 2600 products in the shop.

Thanks for trying,

All the best,

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry in advance to gate crash in- but I am interested in the ability to use your (excellent) feeder to send GBP, USD & EUR to Google base each time it is run.

I know I could set up three versions fired by 3 cronjobs, but it seems to me that a fairly simple for loop could handle it in your routine.

While I am happy to code it, test it and return it to you I wonder if it has already been done by someone?

If anyone can see a flaw in my logic or want to suggest anything I might include just say.

I should add I am a Java programmer and PHP is a bit like pulling teeth but it will make a change.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Steve H

I am getting the same results as you did Tom what if any did you do to fix the issue?

My file xxx.txt does not create at all. I have read every post with no solution in site.

6) Make sure the file is being written properly.

a. To run the feeder point your internet browser to http://www.yourwebsite.com/admin/googlefeeder.php

b. Then point your browser to http://www.yourwebsite.com/feeds/your-outfile.txt to check the feed.

The file never get's created, I have checked the FTP login information and have even changed it again and again with no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I had this problem too, with the text file not creating but no error message and a link from googlefeeder.php to a non-existent file.

I realised I'd put in the full URL of the data_feed.txt file on the top line of the required configuration in the

googlefeeder.php ($outfile) rather than the path from googlefeeder.php to the txt file (i.e. I'd put http://www....com/catalog/feeds/data_feed.txt and it should be ../feeds/data_feed.txt).

This solved it for me.

I'm having the same/similar problem.

The file is generated correctly but doesn't upload, seems like it times out.

When I manually upload the file and click on the link from the Google Base website the URL doesn't show up as "product_info.php?products_id=" it shows up as the product title and the "productid" number at the end.

Well the answer is to UNDO what SHOBEDODO (Sep 16th 08) proposes. It didn't work for me so I reverted to it's default setting...

In Google Feeder.php look for line containing "$_cleaner_array =' delete that line and replace it with:

$_cleaner_array = array(">" => "> ", "®" => "", "?" => "", "™" => "", "?" => "", "t" => "", " " => "");

Ed.

Hello,

I installed this Contribution, I haven't uploaded anythign yet but I noticed that the feed file generated has the wrong category name. Instead of getting the Default English Category Name, it takes the Spanish one instead. How can I change this?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you!

Ed

I fixed Google Base / Froogle Data Feeder v1.20,it showes:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in

/home/vhosts/rs2-accounts.com/httpdocs/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 192

what is the problem and how can i solve it? Thanks!!

I Got similar Problem:

My feeds get loaded automatically, but Images are not been shown in Google Shopping.

I tried to even change the Image directory path: But it doesn't work.

$imageURL = 'CHANGEME-http://www.xxxxxxx.com/home/xxxx/public_html/images';

But It still doesn't work.

Can someone guid me whats the problem with this code/image directory Path.

Hi,

i have been using this addon from 1 year now... it worked like a charm.. but now im having issue with this addon..

when ever i upload the feed generated by this addon.. after processing, it gives out the following error:

Data feeds » googlefeed.txt   	

Feed status details

Outcome: 		  Data feed upload failed. No items are live.   help
Number of items processed: 		  0
Number of inserted items: 		  0
Uploaded at: 		  17-Dec-2008 15:35 GMT
Processed at: 		  17-Dec-2008 15:35 GMT

Errors:
Error 	Bad data 	Line #
Disapproved   help

and then i receive an email saying:

Dear Google Base user,

On 17 December 2008 15:19:19 GMT you uploaded to Google Base via FTP a
file named "googlefeed.txt", but you don't have a data feed registered
with this name. Please verify that you provided the correct file name,
including correct capitalisation.

This is a computer-generated email. Please do not reply.

You can change your notification settings at
http://base.google.co.uk/base/settings

but im sure about the registeration of the file name.. can anyone tell me whats happening here???

please i need this thing done asap..

thanks alot.

outside links are not allowed in signatures

Calvin,

Has anyone integrated your contribution with SEO G ? I tried searching this thread for the keyword "SEO G" and could not get past the 3 word filter restriction - so I appologize if it's previously addressed in one of the other 98 pages of this thread.

I'm interested in using your contribution for a Google Base feed - but I used SEO G for my SEO URL construction.

I've looked at the googlefeeder.php script and the SQL looks as though it will pull image locations from "different" directory structures - meaning it's not cast in concrete. What other significant SQL changes would be required to catch and use the HTML page names instead of the SEO Link page names the contribution was designed for?

Regards,

Gaver

diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" - while you look for a rock.

• 2 weeks later...

Feed status details

Outcome: Data feed upload failed. No items are live. help

Number of items processed: 785

Number of inserted items: 0

Uploaded at: Dec 29, 2008 10:51 am PST

Processed at: Dec 29, 2008 10:52 am PST

* Detected delimiter: Tab (\t)

* Detected encoding: windows-1252

* Detected file format: Text

Errors:

Error Bad data Line #

We recommend including this attribute. help

upc

mpn

isbn

condition

brand

The domain of this URL doesn't match the domain registered on the Settings page of this account. help

link:http://www.themancaveoutletstore.com/tulane-university-pub-table-p-733.html

The domain of this URL doesn't match the domain registered on the Settings page of this account. help

link:

I have a long page of this when I uploaded.

Errors:

Error Bad data Line #

link:http://www.themancaveoutletstore.com/lunar-rocks-p-28.html

We were unable to match the attributes in this dsv (delimiter separated values) data feed line to the corresponding attributes in the header (first) row. help

We were unable to match the attributes in this dsv (delimiter separated values) data feed line to the corresponding attributes in the header (first) row. help

Edited by lowkey704

Yeah Yeah I am learning as I go... lol

Ok so for some reason my SEO URLS won't work with this... so I had to turn that feature off "0"

Feed status details

Outcome: Data feed has some errors. Some items contained errors and were not processed successfully, but all other items are active. help

Number of items processed: 784

Number of inserted items: 783

Uploaded at: Dec 29, 2008 11:35 am PST

Processed at: Dec 29, 2008 11:37 am PST

* Detected delimiter: Tab (\t)

* Detected encoding: windows-1252

* Detected file format: Text

Still have some errors but at least the items appear to be going live

Yeah Yeah I am learning as I go... lol

Hello,

I installed this Contribution, I haven't uploaded anythign yet but I noticed that the feed file generated has the wrong category name. Instead of getting the Default English Category Name, it takes the Spanish one instead. How can I change this?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you!

Ed

Hi,

Back up your admin/googlefeeder file .

Find

$sql = "

SELECT concat( '" . $productURL . "' ,products.products_id) AS product_url,

products_model AS prodModel, products_weight,

manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName,

manufacturers.manufacturers_id,

products.products_id AS id,

products_description.products_name AS name,

products_description.products_description AS description,

products.products_quantity AS quantity,

products.products_status AS prodStatus,

FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * " . $taxCalc . ",2) AS price,

CONCAT( '" . $imageURL . "' ,products.products_image) AS image_url,

products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID,

categories.parent_id AS catParentID,

categories_description.categories_name AS catName

FROM (categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories)

left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id )

left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) )

WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id

AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id

AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id

AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id

ORDER BY

products.products_id ASC

";

$catInfo = "

SELECT

categories.categories_id AS curCatID,

categories.parent_id AS parentCatID,

FROM

categories,

categories_description

WHERE categories.categories_id = categories_description.categories_id

";

and replace with

$language_id = "1"; //change it

$sql = "

SELECT concat( '" . $productURL . "' ,products.products_id) AS product_url,

products_model AS prodModel, products_weight,

manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName,

manufacturers.manufacturers_id,

products.products_id AS id,

products_description.products_name AS name,

products_description.products_description AS description,

products.products_status AS prodStatus,

FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * " . $taxCalc . ",2) AS price,

CONCAT( '" . $imageURL . "' ,products.products_image) AS image_url,

products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID,

categories.parent_id AS catParentID,

FROM (categories,

categories_description,

products,

products_description,

products_to_categories)

left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id )

left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) )

WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id

AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id

AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id

AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id

AND products_description.language_id='".$language_id."'

ORDER BY

products.products_id ASC

";

$catInfo = "

SELECT

categories.categories_id AS curCatID,

categories.parent_id AS parentCatID,

FROM

categories,

categories_description

WHERE categories.categories_id = categories_description.categories_id

AND categories_description.language_id='".$language_id."'

";

You can change language id from 1 to whatever your english language id is. This worked for me. I hope it helps. This works for Mysl 5. If you are using a lower version you have to remove the open parenthesis after the 'from', and the close parenthesis before the 'left join' .

I just installed the 1.25 version by olsonsp4c. The file creates fine when tested, but when I click on the 'Send Feed' button in admin -> Tools -> GoogleBase Manager, nothing happens. I use IE7 and I notice that when the mouse hovers over the button, no url or file destination shows up in the bottom left of my IE screen. It appears there is no file/url associated with this button. I have double checked the install and everything is there.

Help me, olsonsp4c. You're my only hope. :lol:

I get this error:

If I delete:

products_model AS prodModel,

all works fine.

Any ideas?

Try changing the line to

products.products_model AS prodModel,

Your database may have products_model in more than one table making it "ambiguous".

-Calvin

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

I just installed the 1.25 version by olsonsp4c. The file creates fine when tested, but when I click on the 'Send Feed' button in admin -> Tools -> GoogleBase Manager, nothing happens. I use IE7 and I notice that when the mouse hovers over the button, no url or file destination shows up in the bottom left of my IE screen. It appears there is no file/url associated with this button. I have double checked the install and everything is there.

Help me, olsonsp4c. You're my only hope. :lol:

It appears to be an issue in the language file. Give this a try and let me know if it worked. (I haven't installed 1.25 or tested the modification), so you'll be the first.

Replace /language/english/feeders.php with:

<?php
/* feeders.php v1.26 2009/01/06 */

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'GoogleBase Feeder System');
define('BODY_TEXT', 'Submit the ' . STORE_NAME . ' Google Base Feed <form method="link" action="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GOOGLE) . '"><input type="submit" value="Send Feed"></form>');

?>

The other option is always just to use really simple HTML, if the above doesn't work.

<?php
/* feeders.php v1.26 2009/01/06 */

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'GoogleBase Feeder System');
define('BODY_TEXT', 'Submit the ' . STORE_NAME . ' Google Base Feed <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GOOGLE) . '">Send Feed</a>');

?>

-FlyingMonkey

Edited by FlyingMonkey

Thanks FM!

That first set of code worked for me.

I hit the Send Feed button and it then showed me a screen which said 'File Completed: "myfeedfile.txt."

Is there supposed to be something more? I had assumed that this contrib would create the file and then also let me send it to Google somehow (after a little bit of editing, if needed). Is that what just happened (all in one click)?

More questions, by the way. :)

Is Google still picky about there only being one product_type? I want the file to contain the last category in the category tree if that is the case. I sell several types of jewelry - body piercing, stainless steel and traditional. If Google is still requiring only one product_type, I want the 'belly ring' product_type for my belly rings instead of 'jewelry, body jewelry, belly rings' or 'jewelry'. Someone posted earlier a fix that uses the top category alone, but I would like it to capture the bottom category.

Thanks for this great contrib, by the way!

Thanks FM!

That first set of code worked for me.

I hit the Send Feed button and it then showed me a screen which said 'File Completed: "myfeedfile.txt."

Is there supposed to be something more? I had assumed that this contrib would create the file and then also let me send it to Google somehow (after a little bit of editing, if needed). Is that what just happened (all in one click)?

Yes. Take a look at step 7 of the installation instructions. There should be something indicates it has been uploaded to Google.

More questions, by the way. :)

Is Google still picky about there only being one product_type? I want the file to contain the last category in the category tree if that is the case. I sell several types of jewelry - body piercing, stainless steel and traditional. If Google is still requiring only one product_type, I want the 'belly ring' product_type for my belly rings instead of 'jewelry, body jewelry, belly rings' or 'jewelry'. Someone posted earlier a fix that uses the top category alone, but I would like it to capture the bottom category.

Thanks for this great contrib, by the way!

hmm.... try replacing:

$catIndex[$row->prodCatID] . "\t" .

with:

$row->catName . "\t" .

Once again, I have not tested it. Let me know if it works. Google also now takes the full category tree. If I remember correctly... that should be the default behavior. It may be comma separated though right now.

Cheers,

-FlyingMonkey

Edited by FlyingMonkey

My sincere apologies if this has been covered elsewhere - I've looked really hard!

I installed this excellent contribution this morning, following instructions carefully. I also encountered the inactive button problem, and used the code provided by Flying Monkey - perfect, thanks!

However, when I run googlefeeder.php I get the following message. I've tried disabling my firewall but it hasn't helped. Can anyone point me in the right direction please...?

Warning: ftp_connect() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/tooltrol/public_html/admin/googlefeeder.php on line 376

FTP open connection failed to uploads.google.com

$row->catName . "\t" .

This worked - I am only getting the last category in the tree now for each product. However, if Google is allowing the full tree these days, I will revert it back to the original code.

I uninstalled the 1.25 version and installled the 1.21 version.

When I visit admin and click Feeder Systems in the menu, it opens to (in the main page):

"Google Base / Froogle: Google Base / Froogle" (with the last part being clickable)

When I click on the last 'Google Base / Froogle' it opens a new window which says "File completed: 'myfile' " and then I get nothing else.

I just noticed something else. When I click on the Feeder Systems in the menu, it opens a sub-menu below it which also says "Google Base / Froogle" which, when clicked, also opens a new window that only states that the 'file completed: myfile' - with nothing else.

PS - There is no file uploaded to GoogleBase.

Edited by vicster