• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Minimum Advertised Price Module Support

I have had very few problems with this module.

HOWEVER, I am unable to get the map pricing to display properly in products_new.php. The map pricing shows correctly in What's New Infobox. When you click the What's New Box, and it opens the entire products_new.php, the only price displayed is the actual "below-map" price.

Also, I have the same problem with product_reviews_write.php

I have re-checked the above files. Also, I have used winmerge to compare my files to the files included with the contribution. My files are identical.

Thanks,

Rob

[email protected]

-------------------------------

Rob

Huntsville, AL

• 1 year later...

I was having the same problems on the New Products page, then discovered a typo in the install.

In section 3.12, task #2:

Replace this:

if ($product_new['products_price'] < $product_new['products_map']) { $products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_new['products_map'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_new['products_tax_class_id'])) . '<BR>' . MAP_WARNING;

} else if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($products_new['products_id'])) {

With this:

if ($products_new['products_price'] < $products_new['products_map']) {

$products_price = MAP_WARNING;

} else if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($products_new['products_id'])) {

The author used $product_new rather than $products_new twice.

I also changed it so it wouldn't display the price AND the warning, but ONLY the warning.

Good luck.

osC v2.2 RC2a w/ no special templates

PHP Version 5.2.14 / MySQL 5.0.91-community

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I need to show or advertise a map product price but yet charge a different price in the cart without it being shown on the product info page SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW IN THE HELL TO GET RID OF THE ATTRIBUTE OPTION BUT YET KEEP THE OPTION STILL IN EFFECT!!!???

- Dan

- Dan

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I need to show or advertise a map product price but yet charge a different price in the cart without it being shown on the product info page SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW IN THE HELL TO GET RID OF THE ATTRIBUTE OPTION BUT YET KEEP THE OPTION STILL IN EFFECT!!!???

- Dan

If I'm reading that right (I'm not sure, it seems conflicting), to REMOVE the price from being displayed on the product page, edit product_info.php, look for and change the current code as in my previous post to this:

if ($product_info['products_price'] < $product_info['products_map']) { $products_price = MAP_WARNING;
	} else if // ...keep the rest...

My MAP_WARNING text is "Add to Cart for Pricing", and that's all that's displayed on the product page.

If I read you wrong, please ask again (no need to SHOUT, though) ;)

osC v2.2 RC2a w/ no special templates

PHP Version 5.2.14 / MySQL 5.0.91-community

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I've got this contribution 95% working, it was an easy install without any errors. That's really rare!

However! There is a weird bug or something that I overlooked...here's what's going on:

Background: product_info works perfectly...so I know this is working at least on the product_info page.

advanced_search_result.php

1--If I type in the product name that I created to test the MAP (some of the keywords in the name share with other products), several results will come up. The problem is, my only MAP'd product shows up with a totally unrelated price to the MAP or real price...it shows $99.00 for some reason. (MAP price $300, real $250).

2--However, if I type the full name of the MAP'd product and the search results come up with only the one I want...it shows no price at all. I would like it to show the MAP (and with the MAP_WARNING) under it if possible.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on here? Thanks for any input!

bump for any insight into my problem? the only change I have made to advanced_search_result.php is to add "p.products_map" into $select_str

$select_str = "select distinct " . $select_column_list . " m.manufacturers_id, pd.products_briefdesca, pd.products_briefdescb, pd.products_briefdescc, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_map, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price ";

Anyone have any ideas? Here's a chunk of code to look at it...maybe there's an easy fix?

I've noticed that the problem also involves /includes/modules/product_listing.php. The /* */ commented code is what needs to be added according to the instructions.

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':

$lc_align = 'center';

$freeshipquery = tep_db_query("select options_values_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " where products_id='" . $listing['products_id'] . "' and options_id = '2' order by options_values_id asc");

$freeship = tep_db_fetch_array($freeshipquery);
if ($freeship['options_values_id']=='3' || $freeship['options_values_id']=='1381041') $nodisplay=1;
else $nodisplay=0;
if ($listing['products_weight']=='0.00' && $nodisplay!='1' && $listing['products_price']>'1')
{

$freeship1 = '<font size=2 color=CC9900><b>Free Shipping</b></font>';

} else $freeship1 = '';
if ($listing['products_price'] >0) {

/* if ($listing['products_price'] < $listing['products_map'])
		{
		  $lc_text = ' -' . MAP_WARNING;
		}*/

if (tep_not_null($listing['specials_new_products_price'])) {

if ($listing['products_quantity']>1) {
		  $lc_text_price = ' <font size=1><b>List Price:</b><br></font><strike><font size=2>' . $currencies->display_price($listing['products_quantity'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</font></strike><br> <font size=1><b>Special Price: </font><br><font color=990000 size=2>' . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</font><b> <br>';
} else {
		  $lc_text_price = ' <font size=1><b>Special Price: </font><br><font color=990000 size=2>' . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</font><b> <br>';
}

Thanks!!

Edited by marcelotronics

• 1 year later...

I just installed MAP module> I need it to show the MAP Price and the MAP Warning in all locations. Currently it just shows the MAP_Warning.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Edited by baruke

• 9 months later...

After over 2 months, I am having no luck getting help with this contribution. Please see post above. Now, I have noticed that the price is not hidden on the category listing page i.e. price before "buy now" button. This makes the contribution largely useless. Is someone else having this problem? Please, is there anyone out there that can help me??

I am where you were at years ago. I have installed the contribution and have the same problem. After all these years I still dont see the solution posted. What did you do.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...