• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Define Mainpage.php

ozEworks

I had hoped to get my site finished before childcare did for the year :)

I have used the Admin Define Mainpage feature. Damned if I know how it works but the text got in there but it does not display.

I have searched this site and thought I had not got it installed but it already is. I'm on 2.2 and it uses index.php (not default.php).

So, what program actually displays the mainpage content? Index.php? What code should it have?

Also, WYSIWYG stuff, I don't see it inthe editor. Just text. Is there s trick to this?

Too tired and busy to keep looking ...

Hi.

Look so you have the same language in both adminpanel and catalog. If you write the text when you have english language on in the adminpanel then the text will display only if you use english language in the catalog, you must write the same text to each language you have I guess.

Thanks, I'm only using English. The details I type in the Admin Define Mainpage endup in the English mainpage.php file so thatpart works. It just does not display on my site so I guess the problem is on the site side. Just don't know where to look ...

if you can, look at the system access and error logs when you access the mainpage, see what the server is doing versus what you think it should be doing

I fixed it.

First I accidentially deleted my database last one night.

Then I tried to recover and it wouldn't.

So then I asked my ISP to recover the database but NOT the programs.

They recovered a week old copy ... of everything.

So I lost several days work BUT it fixed my mainpage problem.

Can't recommend this resolution to everyone of course. B)

Archived