• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

Update: I have just reinstalled all additional stores files.

They are working correctly now. I might have made some error with php files while midifying them.

(So, my previous issue is resolved.)

New issue:

* Every admin from each store could see and full access to all categories from their store admin panel. Is it normal?

I wish they could only see the categories and products assigned for their store.

Is there a way to make it happen?

Thank you.

Edited by Serial

Everything is possible.

Update: I have just reinstalled all additional stores files.

They are working correctly now. I might have made some error with php files while midifying them.

(So, my previous issue is resolved.)

New issue:

* Every admin from each store could see and full access to all categories from their store admin panel. Is it normal?

I wish they could only see the categories and products assigned for their store.

Thank you.

im also having this problem.... so far, all the admin can be login and modify other ppls product ... :angry: :(

Hi Stot and everybody,

I understand that the Admin from the main site should be able to see all the categories but I don't want all other Admins from those additional stores to be able to view and modify other stores' products. This is a hole. Very dangerous.

Is there any way to fix it?

Thank you.

Everything is possible.

Did you get a chance to look at this at all hobbzilla? Im sure all it needs is an if else statment for that sql query but as i dont really know php ( although I can follow it ) dont know exactly how to go about this :unsure:

Cya

Stot

I will be releasing a new version soon with this fix as well as some other changes.

I'm sorry it has been touch and go with me.. I got married on March 13 and have been in and out of town for the past few weeks.. not to mention all the projects due at work... ARGHH: what a great newlywed period. I guess life doesn't stop for those in love!!

Anyway.. hang tight. I'll be on it soon!

This i believe is a vital issue because everyone knows how annoying duplicates are.. no one really has space to afford unneccessary duplicates.

I like to use symbolic links (ln -l) myself ;)

New issue:

As of right now there is no "Lesser Admin"

Just one admin to rule them all!

You would probably be best to not update the admin for each store and only have the super-admin on one store.

I personally do not need the "lesser admin" which is obviously why it hasn't been developed. It is already on my future features list.. but there is really only sooo much time in the day!

There is ALWAYS a way to make it happen! :) It just gets hard juggling *paying* job, developing oscommerce modules - gratis, being newly-married, and wanting to watch American Idol (did I just say admit to that last one?)... donations motivate.. but if you just can't wait to have it done gratis, you might have to hire a coder to finish the rest and hopefully contribute back to the community!

Edited by hobbzilla

Congrats on the marriage dude! Well once our store is up and running your contrib will be tested by about 3000 people a day from the day of launch, and I tell ya what, Ill let you have any item off the store as a wedding gift, hows that for motivation? ;)

Cya

Stot

Hi,

Just installed this awsome contribution today and I was wondering if there is an easy way to assign the products to a store. I already have almost 2000 products and it seems that I have to assign each product to a store individually. Is there a way to do it with SQL or Easy Populate?

Thanks,

Tim

Hi,

When I try to edit, get an invoice, or a packingslip from orders.php I get sent to a blank page with no errors. I've been checking orders.php, invoice.php, and packingslip.php for typos I may have made while adding the contrib. I can't seem to find anything. Anyone have any ideas or similar thing happen to them?

Thanks,

Tim

Hi,

Found my problem. It was a ; instead of a , in classes/order.php. DOH, I love it.

But, anyway is there an easy way to put products into a store without going to the catagories/product page and ticking the box? If there's not, then I'll bite it and start the mindless journey through my products adding them to my store1.

Words can not express how great this contribution is and I am glad you created it.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi.

I would like to do a multi-shop site which takes the products from several sites and dbs.

It would work this way: Let's say I have 10 clients, each with its own site (site1.com, site2.com...), each one with its own oscommerce shopping cart and its own db.

Then I would like to create one site (bigsite.com) that would show all these catalogs, categories and products and would be able to search in all these stores for specific products.

Can I do this with this contrib ?

thank you.

shutiri.

So you want lots of little stores with select products then one big store with ALL the products? If so thats pretty easy using this contrib all working from 1 db. Just follow the setup guide in the contrib.

Cya

Stot

Hi,

I think a lot of what you want to do, will depend upon what you can do technically. That is, your objectives will not so much be addressed by whether osCommerce can do it, but whether, for technical reasons, you can even actually connect to all the db's. Even if they are on the same server, a lot will depend on how the hosts have the security setup, how MysQL is setup, and a whole lot of other things. I speak a little from experience, as I do web hosting and (some) webmaster work.

So, ..... you need to test first whether you can actually connect to the 10 db's from one site, and do all you want from that one site, in terms of updating the 10 databases, or even arranging the one site in exactly the category/product layouts you need.

Peter

Hey All,

I am pretty sure I did mostly everything correctly, but it's obvious I didn't. Every time I try to type in the store config table under admin>catalog>stores, I get the following error.

Any ideas?

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'TO yankees_configuration' at line 1

RENAME TABLE TO yankees_configuration

[TEP STOP]

Thanks,

=brett=

Hi Brett,

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'TO yankees_configuration' at line 1

RENAME TABLE TO yankees_configuration

It has to be of the format:

RENAME TABLE old_table_name TO yankees_configuration;

... where old_table_name = the name of the table you are going to rename.

Peter

hey peter,

thanks for the help. I figured it out later that i needed to create a new configuration table that wasn't YANKEES_CONFIGURATION = yankees_configuration, but rather CONFIGURATION = yankees_configuration.

but now, i get the most interesting error of all~!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'EXPECTED_PRODUCTS_SORT limit MAX_DISPLAY_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, products_date_available as date_expected from products p, products_description pd where to_days(products_date_available) >= to_days(now()) and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by EXPECTED_PRODUCTS_FIELD EXPECTED_PRODUCTS_SORT limit MAX_DISPLAY_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS

[TEP STOP]

.......i think this is because of my featured products mod. any ideas?

Hi,

Just installed this awsome contribution today and I was wondering if there is an easy way to assign the products to a store. I already have almost 2000 products and it seems that I have to assign each product to a store individually. Is there a way to do it with SQL or Easy Populate?

Thanks,

Tim

Tim,

I personally use an excel spreadsheet, then do a few search and replaces and append the INSERT into products ..... and it works very nicely. If you have a large product base.. yes clicking "STORE" button for each category & product is not the fastest thing in the world. I am planning on incorporating a selection at product creation time that would allow you to assign stores then.

Also of interest might be the modification of the all_prods contrib to then tick a box to select the products you want.. then select the stores you want the selected products to belong to.

Hi i have a very small problem i was wandering if anyone else has had ?

I installed this contribution on to a fresh install of os, so i cant see how i could manage to mess it up. Buy hay we all know these things happen :D

In my administration under catalog->stores

If i try to rename my site, upload an image (basicly press save)

I get this error

1050 - Table './frs/uksite_configuration.frm' already exists

RENAME TABLE uksite_configuration TO uksite_configuration

[TEP STOP]

It doesn't really matter because i can just use mysqlAdmin - but it would be nice if it worked

Has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Sam

Edited by Nimmit

hey sam,

from what i've gathered, this is a slight bug in the contrib. the contrib is setup to create a NEW table, but since you've already created it in mySQL it doesn't know what to do. I have a similar problem and I'm just going to overlook it right now since it doesn't really have any functionality problems. the contrib is still great and works well for most people, so i'm gonna stick with it too... hopefully i can work it out soon.

anyway, on to my question:

check this out: http://www.proteamshop.com/catalog

http://www.proteamshop.com/yankees

I cant get products to show up in the yankees site, but they will show up in the /catalog/ site if i enable them. Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance~

=brett=

hmm, interesting. so what i did was DELETE the yankees_configuration table, then recreate just the STRUCTURE of the table. Then i went into the admin on osC, went to stores, deleted the yankees store. Then I added the yankees store again, with the URL and set it to yankees_configuration and default table option selected.

The errors I was having were magically fixed. It's because the contrib needs to create the table values itself rather than allowing the user to input them manually using phpmyadmin or anything like that.

Now all i have to do is get the featured_products contrib working :) ....I haven't even started that yet. let me know if anyone is interested in the updated files to work with featured_products. I should have it fixed up in a few days.

Thanks for the awesome contrib... once again, my career is saved :)

=brett=