• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

Are there any known issues mith UltraPics + HTML Editor from MaxiDVD?

I have no experience with that contrib. Perhaps someone else can answer that. Or install it yourself and try it and see! (you can always BACKUP and restore) :)

I have not come across this before so I think that it is something to do with part of your contribution or me messing up the code during the update procedure.

I tend to think it is probably the latter.

I have not experienced this problem at all and have set this module up over 25 times now. The majority of which are a fresh install of MS2 and a simply dropping over of the new files. About 5 or so have been using Beyond Compare.

Just a friendly reminder to make sure you backup!

HTH

will this work with the latest daily build?

or i have to reinstal the ms2??

All I can say is try it out. I cannot and will not support the CVS version of osC. As soon as MS3 comes out I will release an update.. it is just too hard to keep contributions up-to-date in the cvs version. More than likely you will have to update a few things now that the dev team has updated to global variables, etc.

i'm not very good in troubleshooting these php stuff...

so, how hard is it be to upgrade from ms2 to the next ms3??

(when it release?)

do you provide the installer??

if i may,

i suggest you pack all the next ms3 with your mods

into one installer to make it easy on us...

Hey hobzilla,

Thanks for the great contribution !

Took me a couple tries (tried to do too much in the first go-round).

However, I have it working on localhost.

My Question:

Is it possible to have separate currencies for each store? so, they're not shared?

eg) Canadian store (CAD currency) and US Store (USD currency)

I want each store to have their own pricing, and not dependant on each other in terms of currency exchange.

Or.... should i be looking at installing separate stores in separate databases? ...... I would just need the user/customer info to be shared.. is there a way to do that?

Thanks for any suggestions

I tend to think it is probably the latter.

I have not experienced this problem at all and have set this module up over 25 times now.  The majority of which are a fresh install of MS2 and a simply dropping over of the new files.  About 5 or so have been using Beyond Compare.

Just a friendly reminder to make sure you backup!

HTH

Hi Z and all

Thanks for the suggestions, I have had a look over the code (admin only), with beyond compare a couple of time, comparing your contribution files with my live admin files and the only deference is that I have the admin access levels installed.

In your experience have you or anyone (Michael) on the form had any problems with admin access levels with this contribution.

The only thing left for me to do is to do a complete fresh install of osc, multi-shop and admin access levels. But not using dreamweaver to edit, eliminating that problem.

Thanks all

Richard

Hi Richard,

I am still trying to get some thing running like I need them. So far I had no chance to come back to Multi-Store. As soon as there are news, I will let you know.

Greetings, Michael

Not because it is difficult we don't dare to do it, but because we don't dare to do it, it is difficult. (Seneca)

i'm not very good in troubleshooting these php stuff...

so, how hard is it be to upgrade from ms2 to the next ms3??

(when it release?)

do you provide the installer??

if i may,

i suggest you pack all the next ms3 with your mods

into one installer to make it easy on us...

I don't know if the dev team will be making an upgrader from MS2 to MS3.. but usually it is a simple process as long as you don't have any contributions installed.. which is where things always go wrong!

I doubt I will be including an installer for an upgrade from my contribs from MS2 to MS3.. once MS3 is released, I will simply release my contrib ready for MS3 (along with any other fixes & improvements to it).

Hey hobzilla,

Thanks for the great contribution !

Took me a couple tries (tried to do too much in the first go-round).

However, I have it working on localhost.

My Question:

Is it possible to have separate currencies for each store? so, they're not shared?

eg) Canadian store (CAD currency) and US Store (USD currency)

I want each store to have their own pricing, and not dependant on each other in terms of currency exchange.

Or.... should i be looking at installing separate stores in separate databases? ...... I would just need the user/customer info to be shared.. is there a way to do that?

Thanks for any suggestions

You probably would want to utilize a different currency table for each store.

You could use my framework on the admin side of things with the configuration table selector.. the problem you would run into is making sure that currencies_id in each stores currency table is a 1-to-1 relationship

ie. currencies_store1 & currencies_store2 if they had multiple currencies for each store they would have to have the same id for each store

currencies_store1->currencies_id = 1 = USD

currencies_store2->currencies_id = 1 = USD

currencies_store1->currencies_id = 2 = EUR

currencies_store2->currencies_id = 3 = CAN

I hope I didn't confuse you .. also with this hack.. you would have to go forward with the intention that the same product in store1 is same USD as store2.. otherwise you would need different products tables as well.. in which case you are probably right.. you should just install 2 different shops and have one customer table (you do that by adding a prefix to store# tables but then using the same definition for customer related tables.

HTH

In your experience have you or anyone (Michael) on the form had any problems with admin access levels with this contribution.

Richard,

I am getting ready to test out and install admin with access levels.. if I will let you know more after testing it out.. if I get it working, I will just zip up my entire admin and hand it to you. I will not be repackaging my contrib with the contingencies on using other contribs.

Richard,

Okay I setup osc2.2 MS2 with the multi-stores contrib written over it. I then added in the admin with access levels 1.6.0 and had to modify the admin/includes/functions/admininstrators.php file as to add:

'stores.php' => 'catalog.php'

into the $aADMPages = array() declaration. Other than that.. I had to add in my drop down configuration table selector directly on the admin/index.php page and everything worked fine.

After looking at the admin w/access levels it seems like it would be a smart idea for me to pull my stores contrib out of the catalog box and make it it's own box and add another level to the box as to what store you wanted to configure so the drop-down box isn't on the main index page for everybody to update.

This contribution of mine is not intended by any stretch of the imaginations to solve everybody's problems and make an end-all-be-all mall type system. But I can see with the admin w/access levels & my contrib & perhaps my vendor contrib along with the affiliate contrib you could tie them in more closely and have a very nice mall system with admin levels and partner stores, etc. etc. I just personally don't need that functionality.

I didn't get any of the kinks you were getting with the category & product addition. (my contrib didn't really modify that section so much as it added 2 actions: catalog_to_store & product_to_store ability. The catagory & product creation portions were not modified so I still can't figure out why you are getting blank pages other than thinking it is something with your editor or perhaps some lines of code missing.

HTH.

Richard,

Okay I setup osc2.2 MS2 with the multi-stores contrib written over it. I then added in the admin with access levels 1.6.0.............

hi Z

Thanks for the help and the work on this one so it looks like it is my fault in the adding of the contributions.

How many times did you try and add a product? Some times when I do it, it works fine and then others it dose not especially when editing a product. Its just some times that when I preview a product before submitting it is blank.

Any way I am probability just making excuses for me doing something wrong. If you could would it be possible to zip up the admin and email it to me at info at richard-boyd dot com, save me having to do it again.

Thanks again for the help and support.

Richard

This is a fascinateing contribution. I was wondering if I can have multiple stores with completely different template looks (specifically have the STS contribution display different templates for each store). Can contributions be installed on one store and different contributions be installed on the 2nd store?

Edited by dimports

This is a fascinateing contribution. I was wondering if I can have multiple stores with completely different template looks (specifically have the STS contribution display different templates for each store). Can contributions be installed on one store and different contributions be installed on the 2nd store?

I don't see why not! :)

If it were me I would start with a default 2.2 MS2 install copy over the multi-stores contrib and use that as the starting point for all the different stores.

hi hobbzilla,

thanks for your great contrib.

Please tell me which files i should no update to have the same shopping cart for all stores

best regards

chris

Chris,

I could be wrong.. I haven't tested this and really don't have time to do so right now. But a good place to start would be trying not to update catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

Obviously if this is not your desire to have separate carts then there are other files that you would not want to edit (specificaly those dealing with order history as they only display orders placed on the site as it is currently implemented)

hi hobbzilla,

i have tested it and when i do not update the shoppingcart it works.

But one problem i have i don't know how i should give the session from store one to store 2

What i want to do is just have a shop that can see, sell, edit and search the other shops products who will be on my server?

So i can give a shop to my customers and they can modify edit, sell products wit their admin account, and my store will rule them all, and can see all categories and products of other shops and also can sell. Can i do it with this cont?

If yes or no, how to do?

(Basically its like not shop but like shops shop who will sell all shops products)

Thanks..

(i send this post to main cont. support page, it was a mistake sorry for cross posting)

Hi Guys,

this looks like just what I need. I have read through some of the threads and think that it will do what i need, but just want to check before going any further.

I will have 2 shops at different URLs but on the same webspace

www.myname1.com

&

www.myname2.com

and would like to be able to join them to be able to use only 1 merchant payment processor which would mean the call to the payment processing would have to come from the same URL for both sites, is this possible?

cheers

stubbsy

Edited by stubbsy

hi hobbzilla,

i have tested it and when i do not update the shoppingcart it works.

But one problem i have i don't know how i should give the session from store one to store 2

watchdiscount,

I am pretty sure that you aren't going to like this message. :)

I have not really tried to accomplish the multiple stores without sharing the same shopping cart as I specifically didn't want that -- why limit some products to a set of stores if you are going to share the carts? If you are installing this on different domains, yes you could have a session nightmare on your hands. There were some checks put in place back when osc 2.2 got to MS1 version. You might have a look at the sessions class from a pre-MS1 snapshot and see if that helps out your situation.

I honestly would love to help you out, but I really don't have the time to customize my contrib for this specific functionality of having multiple shops share the same shopping cart across different domains (perhaps it isn't that big of a problem if they are all under the same domain -- just different directories; i dunno). Like most contributors on here (and the dev team), we create these contributions in our spare time or as needed by a compensated project. Perhaps someone else requiring the same functionality with the know how will help you out. Or you may have to bite the bullet and hire some coding to be completed if you are not a programmer.

HTH

Hi,

Looking at the SQL code, there would appear to be no harm in just adding the new tables and data, it would not affect the current site, that is ........

1. Backup the db

2. Use the SQL code with this contrib to update the db

3. Don't install the rest of the contribution (until I have had a bit of time to check some stuff first)

Does that sound okay ? ?

Peter