• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

none of my shipping is showing up when customer checks out.

Only thing I can think of is have you checked to see if you have set/activated the parametres for shipping on each store?

Hi there,

i try now 2 days to install 2 shops with multistore contribution.

admin works already, also catalog for shop1. but i get white page for shop2. it appears nothing.

i test it local on my pc under XP-Pro.

i work out this tutorial for my installation of multi-store v9 with OS 2.2ms2:

*please excuse me , but i find here no way to add this tutorial as attachement*

my problem is not solved. i dont understand , why i get always white page (nothing) if i call the shop2.

i look in the database, configuration_shop2 exist and the parameters is inside.

also the catalog 2 (for shop2) and products are inside the database but ....................

can i get please support?

thanks

Hello hobbzilla!!!

To test this contrib I have installed completely new. I had one error installing the update.sql:

an changed it to:

I don´t think, that this is the source for the error "no login".

OOOHH NOOOO, PLEASE HELP ME, I WANT TO LOGIN.

Thanks a lot

rusky

Rusky,

What you did should have worked fine, however for all of the configuration values that were loaded for multi-stores under that heading will be loaded under some other modules configuration section unless you changed all of their 16 mappings to 99 as well...

Did you populate the MS configuration section and comment out the cooresponding entries in the admin configure.php??

Does ANYONE out there have this working on multiple domains with the Multi-Stores Contrib?

Yes I had it running at a previous employer (which is why this contrib even got created) under about 6 domains. One of them being for the point of sale for customer reps to place orders as users.

When I'm logged into Admin>Catalog I get the error:

Error: Catalog images directory does not exist: /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/catalog/images/

Serenity's reply should point you in the right direction.. In addition I would say that if it is a dedicated box and you have root access, you certainly can (and probably should if you have the time) create a single installation point and hard link the images directories and soft link the files that have no affect on all of the stores layout as well as the configuration pages. It will make your life much easier down the road when it is time to update everything.

Edited by hobbzilla

my problem is not solved. i dont understand , why i get always white page (nothing) if i call the shop2.

also the catalog 2 (for shop2) and products are inside the database but ....................

thanks

Please check that this store has been properly setup in the admin.. I.e. not just a new store created.. but that it has languages & currencies assigned to it as well.

YES...about 35 and counting to date. I am of course figuring you mean...

www.shop1.com/catalog/

www.shop2.com/catalog/

www.shop3.net/yugio/

example.shop4.org/

Select one shop as your admin.

In the configuration section for each shop, ensure that all image sourcing is pointed at the master shop so that images uploaded to the master shop are picked up.

(make sure you fix what you need to do in the config.php file as well)

If you are using .htaccess to prevent people from hotlinking your images for their ebay sales, then be sure to add your new domains to the hotlink protection to allow these domains to access your images.

Remember to add product to each shop after you create the product (hint, it is a button near EDIT in the catalog/category sections) you will also need to do the same for categories and of course manufacturers.

Serenity/Hobzilla,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Serenity - I went ahead and tried your suggestion of changing the FS paths in Admin>Configuration>Multistores of DOMAINB to point to DOMAINA (master domain where admin is located) since basically I'll have the same modules on all domains, however, I'm still getting the image errors and nothing is showing up in Admin>Modules

Now, the modules for the store still don't show up, I just see on the bottom:

/var/www/vhosts/DOMAINA.com/httpdocs/catalog/includes/modules/payment/

And in the Admin>Catalog page I'm getting the same error, just different domain:

Error: Catalog images directory does not exist: /var/www/vhosts/DOMAINA.com/httpdocs/catalog/images/

So this leads me to beleive that its not a problem with the server reading/writing from one domain to the other, because the script simply does not work on my server.

To recap the problem - Everything works fine on my machine here. All I did was upload the files and import the database to this server and change the file paths in Admin>Configuration>Multi-Stores to point to DomainA, and still no dice!

All shops work fine, but I just can't administer them over the web because they can't read/write locally.

Anyone know why this wouldn't work on my server???

Edited by ecreative

Hi, I'm having a problem with a clean install of osC 2.2-2 and M-S 1.9.

Initially, the main store and secondary store showed the same products. I found that there wasn't anything setting the STORES_ID, so I added a "define ('STORES_ID' , <store number>);" to the end of the includes/configure.php for each store. That worked (did the database_tables.php too). I can now enter products and they show up in the right store, but if I click on any of those products to view them, I get:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '((products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_i' at line 1

select pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_tax_class_id, p.distributors_id, IF(s.status = '1' AND s.stores_id = '3', s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status = '1' AND s.stores_id = '3', s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_to_categories p2c, ((products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_description pd) left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id and s.stores_id = '3') INNER JOIN products_to_stores p2s ON p.products_id = p2s.products_id where p2s.stores_id = '3' AND p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '31' and pd.products_id = '31' and pd.language_id = '1'

I found this code segment in includes/classes/price_schedule.php. I stepped through it as best I could and it seems to have everything substituted properly, but I'm not that strong on SQL.

Any thoughts on what might be up?

Thanks,

Todd

Todd Robinson

Rusky,

What you did should have worked fine, however for all of the configuration values that were loaded for multi-stores under that heading will be loaded under some other modules configuration section unless you changed all of their 16 mappings to 99 as well...

Did you populate the MS configuration section and comment out the cooresponding entries in the admin configure.php??

Hello & thank you for answer,

yes I have commented out the entries in the configure.php. But what do you mean with "did you populate...?"

Sorry, my english ist not very well.

Best regards

rusky

Hello & thank you for answer,

yes I have commented out the entries in the configure.php. But what do you mean with "did you populate...?"

Sorry, my english ist not very well.

Best regards

rusky

In the update.sql of the MS there is not only a configuration_group entry but also configuration entries.

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Store Catalog Website URL', 'HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', '', 'The URL for your stores catalog (eg. http://www.domain.com)', 16, 1, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Store Catalog Website SSL URL', 'HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '', 'The SSL URL for your stores catalog (eg. https://www.domain.com)', 16, 2, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Enable SSL Store Catalog', 'ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false', 'Enable SSL links for Store Catalog', 16, 3, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Store Catalog Website Path', 'DIR_WS_CATALOG', '', 'Directory Website Path for Store Catalog (absolute path required -- eg. /catalog/)', 16, 4, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Store Catalog Filesystem Path', 'DIR_FS_CATALOG', '', 'Directory Filesystem Path for Store Catalog (absolute path required -- eg. /home/user/public_html/catalog/)', 16, 5, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Store Catalog Website Images Path', 'DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', '', 'Store Catalog Website Images Path (with trailing slash -- eg. http://www.domain.com/catalog/images/)', 16, 6, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Store Catalog Website Languages Path', 'DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', '', 'Store Catalog Website Languages Path (with trailing slash -- eg. http://www.domain.com/catalog/includes/languages/)', 16, 7, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Store Catalog Filesystem Languages Path', 'DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', '', 'Store Catalog Filesystem Languages Path (with trailing slash -- eg. /home/user/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/)', 16, 8, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Store Catalog Filesystem Images Path', 'DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', '', 'Store Catalog Filesystem Images Path (with trailing slash -- eg. /home/user/public_html/catalog/images/)', 16, 9, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Store Catalog Filesystem Modules Path', 'DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', '', 'Store Catalog Filesystem Modules Path (with trailing slash -- eg. /home/user/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/)', 16, 10, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

Those will all need to be changed from 16, 0-10 to 99,0-10 as well. HTH

QUOTE(behrus @ Nov 30 2006, 07:53 AM)

thanks

Please check that this store has been properly setup in the admin.. I.e. not just a new store created.. but that it has languages & currencies assigned to it as well.

i dont know, why i didnt see it before but there is a problem with language for shop2 in admin.

if i want to set a language as default to shop2, i get the error: ERROR_ADD_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE

with currencies is there no problem.

the path for language is for both stores the same:

Store Catalog Website Languages Path: http://localhost/shop1/includes/languages/

Store Catalog Filesystem Languages Path: D:\Server\htdocs\shop1\admin\includes\languages\

thx

Hobzilla, solved the mystery behind the missing banners...

McAfee

...specifically the ad blocker software. New download means that it commenst out the images for suspected banners.

The way it seems to work is that the software identifies potential links that appear to redirect visitors away from a website and comments out the image so the ad does not appear. I would say that based on my experience, that it probably id's the REDIRECT variable in the link and then matches the image to an external source.

So, when visiting my primary site that hosts the banners or my secure site where I have banners set up specifically for use on the secure side of things, the banners are not affected.

However

When visiting a satelight site that sources the banners external to itself in combination with the (I assume) REDIRECT variable in the link, McAfee does it's deed.

A little annoying when I am using the banners to promote myself.

Nor does it have any affect on google ads so there has to be a way around it...or McAfee is profiting in some way from google so has google whitelisted.

I have no idea on how to get around this, hardcoding the banner image address breaks as soon as http:// is added and without it, text opens up (and due to size restrictions, breaks the layout of the site). I assume, like the other images that are sourced directly (product) that I could rewrite the code to just call up the banners and present them with a direct link, but then I would lose the benefit of tracking (unless I was to set up a way station site that performs the count and then passes people on)

Thats the extent of my understanding.

Till I come up with an idea I'm happy with, I have at least turned off that part of the McAfee program. A way around it though would be good for obvious reasons.

Store Catalog Website Languages Path: http://localhost/shop1/includes/languages/

Store Catalog Filesystem Languages Path: D:\Server\htdocs\shop1\admin\includes\languages\

thx

I think this is your problem:

Becuase as I understand it, http is looking for a website address (eg www.some.com) or an IP address. localhost doesn't take me anywhere.

Don't know about this one...

I'm just going to play dumb here and list exactly what I do when setting up a new website...

I'M TIRED SO I MAY BE A LITTLE OUT BUT THIS SHOULD HELP

1. I copy ALL files used for the primary website to the new website.

- I do NOT bother with admin leaving that side out of the transfer.

- Images are hardcoded into the website layout (this took a little doing as it covers the header as well as includes/boxes areas as relating to images)

***** DO _NOT_ try to create a database *****

2. I change includes/config.php & includes/database.php to source the correct info.

- Note: I have not commented out the config variables as recomended

3. Time to set up a shop in the database.

A.0) STORES/stores admin

A.1) INSERT

A.2) fill out details...

- STORE NAME: I use the store web address for ease of reference

- STORES IMAGE: I leave blank as it isn't relevant to my layout...I may do something at a latter point to take advantage of it.

- URL to stores catalog: just as it says.

- STORES CONFIG TABLE: I use a simplified version of the stores name

B.0) LOCALIZATION

***IMPORTANT***

Select store to administer

- CURRENCIES: Set default currency

- LANGUAGES: Click STORE and check the appropriate box (They should all be on: PS I have deleted the other languages and am only using english as I can't help people who cant communicate with me as I only speak english)

C.0) MODULES

***IMPORTANT***

- de/activate as required: Payment, Shipping, Order total

I don't use shipping will look at that later.

D.0) CONFIGURATION

***IMPORTANT***

***FILL OUT ALL DETAILS AS REQUIRED IN THIS SECTION (Configuration)

When you get down to MULTI-STORES (in configuration), the following two variables should point to your PRIMARY site that you will host the images on.

- Store Catalog Website Images Path: should start with http://

- Store Catalog Filesystem Images Path: should start with the top directory for your account/site

ALL OTHER SETTINGS SHOULD POINT TO THE SPECIFIC SITE YOU ARE WORKING ON.

----------

That should get you sorted to a blank site

Next step is to go into CATALOG and activate (using the shop links) all appropriate items for that particular store.

***IMPORTANT***

Select PRIMARY store to administer, assuming you want your primary to have everything, this is just to avoid activating something on a site that isn't meant to be there. More to do with adding new items into the database.

Categories

Product

Manufacturers

-----

That should fix you up.

You may have a Language issue for your website if you set up a site and are still using the same browser after you visit to look around. Close all browsers and load a new one up, clears things up.

There are probably some other things to consider, but I am fairly sure this is it.

Once up and running, if you wish to change the language files on a particular site, do so for that site.

I have of course made other mods to simplify things (well...sort of) for myself so additional info will probably have to come from hob or someone else.

Edited by serenity

Hi, I'm having a problem with a clean install of osC 2.2-2 and M-S 1.9.

Initially, the main store and secondary store showed the same products. I found that there wasn't anything setting the STORES_ID, so I added a "define ('STORES_ID' , <store number>);" to the end of the includes/configure.php for each store.

I did another clean install, and didn't have to make the change above, so I must have done that. I have products in for two stores and they show up properly in the product listings for each store, but I am still getting the same SQL error when I click on any of the products in either store:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '((products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_i' at line 1

select pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_tax_class_id, p.distributors_id, IF(s.status = '1' AND s.stores_id = '1', s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status = '1' AND s.stores_id = '1', s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_to_categories p2c, ((products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_description pd) left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id and s.stores_id = '1) INNER JOIN products_to_stores p2s ON p.products_id = p2s.products_id where p2s.stores_id = '1' AND p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '3' and pd.products_id = '3' and pd.language_id = '1'

Any ideas most appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

Todd Robinson

To recap the problem - Everything works fine on my machine here. All I did was upload the files and import the database to this server and change the file paths in Admin>Configuration>Multi-Stores to point to DomainA, and still no dice!

Have you made sure that Admin-Configuration-MS has been setup for paths correctly for each store?

Hello,

i`ve changed all to 99, 1, but it won`t let me in.

Maybe Xampp forces the error: MQSQL 5.0.21 ???

I`ll get it tonight...I`ll get it tonight...I`ll get it tonight...I`ll get it tonight...

Can you please reply with your version of php & apache as well (or even you version of Xampp -- I think I can lookup the versions they use on their site).

Again, _everytime_ I have seen the reloading of the admin page after entering the correct admin user/password and it doesn't let you in, it was a configuration issue (or someone that had updated and included another contribution and had messed something up). Double check your cookie & session paths as well. You have also verified that the password in the db is the same as the original in the update.sql? You could possibly try and change the password manually in mySQL for that specific field. Make sure you tell it to use MD5 as the function.

i dont know, why i didnt see it before but there is a problem with language for shop2 in admin.

if i want to set a language as default to shop2, i get the error: ERROR_ADD_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE

thx

Sounds like you don't have english as your default language for your admin... and have not updated your admin language files to add the MS specific entries. In English that error message indicates:

"Error: The default language can not be set. Please set a language enabled for this store, and try again."

Basically, you can't set the default language for a site until that language that you are trying to set as the default is actually assigned to that store (with the STORE button).

HTH

Hobzilla, solved the mystery behind the missing banners...

McAfee

That sounds about right. I really didn't change much in the banner section so I know very little about the banners modules/files.. although they certainly don't seem that complex!

Good luck with your efforts and kudos for finding the issue causing problem.

I did another clean install, and didn't have to make the change above, so I must have done that. I have products in for two stores and they show up properly in the product listings for each store, but I am still getting the same SQL error when I click on any of the products in either store:

select pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_tax_class_id, p.distributors_id, IF(s.status = '1' AND s.stores_id = '1', s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status = '1' AND s.stores_id = '1', s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_to_categories p2c, ((products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_description pd) left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id and s.stores_id = '1) INNER JOIN products_to_stores p2s ON p.products_id = p2s.products_id where p2s.stores_id = '1' AND p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '3' and pd.products_id = '3' and pd.language_id = '1'

Any ideas most appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

check price_schedule.php and make sure that the the query around line 150 isn't missing an " ' " around one of the two statments

AND s.stores_id = '" . STORES_ID . "'

You SQL statment is failing right there:

..IF(s.status = '1' AND s.stores_id = 1'.. (<- do you see the missing quote?)

QUOTE(behrus @ Dec 1 2006, 04:25 AM)

thx

Sounds like you don't have english as your default language for your admin... and have not updated your admin language files to add the MS specific entries. In English that error message indicates:

"Error: The default language can not be set. Please set a language enabled for this store, and try again."

Basically, you can't set the default language for a site until that language that you are trying to set as the default is actually assigned to that store (with the STORE button).

HTH

ok, thanks a lot for your support.

but english should be not the default language. and the right language is set as default already and there is no problem with it. i wantd to test other languag as default and got the error.

but i think, this is not the reason for my problem, why i get blank page for shop2.

Edited by eizo12

but english should be not the default language.

English is the default language for the stores as well as the language for the admin by default in osCommerce stock.

Did you double check to see that the other language for the store that you were trying to set as the default was actually enabled for the store you were trying to set for it? Also please note that currently there is a limitation with the currency class that makes you have the same currency set as the default for all stores.

Can you please reply with your version of php & apache as well (or even you version of Xampp -- I think I can lookup the versions they use on their site).

Again, _everytime_ I have seen the reloading of the admin page after entering the correct admin user/password and it doesn't let you in, it was a configuration issue (or someone that had updated and included another contribution and had messed something up). Double check your cookie & session paths as well. You have also verified that the password in the db is the same as the original in the update.sql? You could possibly try and change the password manually in mySQL for that specific field. Make sure you tell it to use MD5 as the function.

Hello & thanks a lot for answering every question!!!

My System:

XAMPP for Windows Version 1.5.3

MySQL - 5.0.21-community-nt

[php: 5.1.4]

Because of the problem (login) I took a new version without any contribs and tried it: Same error.

I`ve deleted the password with phpmyadmin: Same error

Let me tell you, what I did exactly:

1. Installation oscommerce + Sql

2. Copy / overwrite the Contrib + Sql (When I start with the Contrib-Sql the 16,1 error (-> 99,1) disappears.)

Adress of index.php: localhost/new_shop/index.php (without /catalog)

Adress of admin_index.php: localhost/new_shop/admin/index.php (without /catalog)

I installed many contribs, but this will let me going crazy.

But one question to understand it correctly: Do i have to install shop1, shop2... before the first login? I don`t think so.

Best regards

rusky

QUOTE(eizo12 @ Dec 3 2006, 08:10 PM)

but english should be not the default language.

English is the default language for the stores as well as the language for the admin by default in osCommerce stock.

Did you double check to see that the other language for the store that you were trying to set as the default was actually enabled for the store you were trying to set for it? Also please note that currently there is a limitation with the currency class that makes you have the same currency set as the default for all stores.

hobbzilla:

i found again time to work with my problem. the last standing is:

i have 2 shops:

URL/shop1 ----->category server

URL/shop2 ------>category mobile

for shop 2 i get a blank page if i call http://localhost/shop2

shop1 is ok but i see the product i added to category mobile for shop2 also in shop1 under the block "new products"

this is the url for it:

http://localhost/shop1/product_info.php?products_id=29&osCsid=6aaa36998d9cb3a4b626337e6ad4f7bc

if i change the url:

http://localhost/shop2/product_info.php?products_id=29&osCsid=6aaa36998d9cb3a4b626337e6ad4f7bc

then i see finally shop2 and the category mobile is also existing (but without content) and i get the error: product coulndn't be finded!

i find out i can see the shop2 and shop1 also with the same session_id:

http://localhost/shop2/index.php?osCsid=6a...626337e6ad4f7bc

http://localhost/shop1/index.php?osCsid=6a...626337e6ad4f7bc

so now, whats going there wrong?

i look also to the database:

table language has 2 languages inside!

in stores has shop1 store_id=1 and shop2 stores_id=2.

in language_to_store i have 2 rows for shop1.

one row for english and one row for german

but there are no entries for shop 2 with store_id=2!

in the admin is german added already as default to both shop without error!

and also available in the shop!

but problem is if i want to set for example english as default to shop2.

i check it, all the file are there for language also the path to language files is ok!

how can i enable english to shop2? i have no idea how to do that!!!!!!!!

sorry for that but there is no way to edit a post so i have to start a new post-

i have a sql error for BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_PRICE_SCHEDULES (i must translate the title for my language-file!)

the error means:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS' at line 1

select pps.* from products_price_schedules pps left join products_description pd on pps.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '2' order by pps.products_price_schedules_id LIMIT 0, MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS

'MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS' is already definde in \admin\includes\languages\german\products_attributes.php

define('MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS', 10);

?