• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

Thank you once again. I didnt see the visitor pricing control in Admin->Configuration->Customer Details.

Exactly what I needed. Now i can set price breaks for all visitors as well as specific ones for groups.

Excellent.

Where can I add the word 'Buy' in the box before the numbers. For example Buy 3+ ?5 Buy 6+ ?4

Just to make sure I understand you correctly. You have product "widget" that has a price of $100. You want special pricing for widget to be $85. So you create a customer group 'special' and using price schedules you assign widget for some_store for group special to be 85. You assign specific customers to special. When the log in they see $85. It works fine... BUT before anyone logs in, you want them to see a different price than $100 ??

Why not just set the price of the product up to that price you want them to see? Perhaps that is too simple...

Oh well... you should be able to do this by setting the visitor pricing group option under Admin->Configuration->Customer Details.

Enjoy!

Edited by maz

Hi Again,

I have few questions:

1. I didn't know what to do with the file configure.php after copying the installation to a new folder,

since I couldn't find inside it any line containing "Table_Configuration"

2. The logo inside of the new store image is pointing to the default folder instead of the folder of the store,

knowing that I have configured the store path and the other paths.

3. when I add a user with full admin on 1 store, the admin cannot add categories.. Even when I click

on New Category (for products) it takes to the same page and I cannot add a category.

Thank you so much,

Zone17

hai, i am trying the multi-stores contrib to setup a store with multi-stores in it. my concern now is to have 2 shops with the same productslist but with different customers, so i wonder if is it possible that customer1 does only have access to shop1 and customer2 does only have access to shop2. customer1 cannot login to shop2, and customer2 cannot login to shop1. if yes, what have i to do to make this possible, cause there is only 1 database.

thank you for any help.

ciao,

felidae (arko sasongko)

Heya. I using the OsCommerce 1.8 Loaded ver.

All seems to work now but have problem with the frogle thingy..

I get following errors:

Warning: getimagesize(): Read error! in /home/convoy/public_html/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 181

Warning: getimagesize(): Read error! in /home/convoy/public_html/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 181

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/convoy/public_html/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 82

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/convoy/public_html/admin/includes/classes/feed.php on line 83

And some more Warning: getimagesize(): Read error!

Then I get the list with products.

I have tried to look on the forums but I dont see any solution I understand. So anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by Tveitan

Heya. I using the OsCommerce 1.8 Loaded ver.

Unfortunately, due to an agreement with the osCommerce dev team. You are not allowed to receive support for 'project forks' on this site. ( 'project forks' are determined by the dev team, regardless of the intentions of the author of said fork. :(

I am not sure of this question is already answered. If so, can someone point me to the answer, and apologies.

I am evaluating osCommerce for use as a multi-store system, with multiple stores being hosted on the same box. Each store will be separate, meaning that they are owned and run by different retailers, each administered at store level completely independently, and holding indpendent stock that will be completely unrelated. There will obviously only be a single php/mysql installation.

Each store will have a completely different look and feel

Can this be done 'out of the box' using osCommerce. I read on here (not this thread) that it could.

Is the multiple shops contribution needed (I am assuming that it is) and will the osCommerce and the multi-store contribution meet my needs?

What are the challenges/difficulties with trying to do what I am talking about?

Thanks for any help

Hi Ryan,

I have installed your contribution on a test site (based on an existing site) and added all of the original Categories once the Multi Store install was complete. Okay up to that point.

Then I added another store, and now all of the Categories from the first store are showing up online in the second store, but nothing is showing for either store under Catalog --> Categories/Products in osCommerce admin now.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Vger

Hi

I have installed multi-stores and it works fine. I want to use an URL re-write mod but I am scared it may conflict because of the way the paths for multistores are stored in the database configuration tables as apposed to the config.php files . (Maybe I'm totally wrong since the admin config file has nothing to do with the catalog paths).

Before i mess up my site, does anyone know if ULTIMATE SEO URLs or AP URL Rewriting contributions work with multi-stores?

Many thanks.

Ultimate SEO URL's works fine with Multi Stores.

And in answer to my own earlier question, I had omitted changing the database_tables.php file in the second store, or inserting the default configuration values for the second store via MySQL.

I found out along the way that Affiliate System also works for Multi-Stores, and you just have to insert the configuration values for the Affiliate System into the second stores' configuration table.

Vger

Edited by Vger

Vger,

Glad you found it. I was just going to suggest to you the database_tables.php & your configuration tables!

I personally have not found a contribution that wouldn't work without a little nudge here or there with multi-stores, one of the great things about M-S is that is really a simple concept.. just unfortunately there are a bunch of changes that have to be made since there are product, category, etc queries everywhere.

Haven't fully checked it out yet, but it looks like it will also run with CCGV.

One of the problems I do have with it is that there are so many changes to the Categories Box that it does make it difficult to restyle that box.

Vger

Haven't fully checked it out yet, but it looks like it will also run with CCGV.

One of the problems I do have with it is that there are so many changes to the Categories Box that it does make it difficult to restyle that box.

Vger

Yes, I have CCGV working with M-S just fine with a little modification here and there.

I found out along the way that Affiliate System also works for Multi-Stores, and you just have to insert the configuration values for the Affiliate System into the second stores' configuration table.

Was that the only changes you needed to do, from installing the Affiliate System into a vanilla osc?

Are the tracking stats seperated by each store, or does all stores share the same stats?

// Fredrik

I've found that it doesn't work with 5.16, but does work with my own modified version of 5.10c.

Vger

Yes, I have CCGV working with M-S just fine with a little modification here and there.

I haven't got that far into using it yet - but the banner generation page on each store correctly generates banners linking to that particular stores url.

Vger

Was that the only changes you needed to do, from installing the Affiliate System into a vanilla osc?

Are the tracking stats seperated by each store, or does all stores share the same stats?

// Fredrik

I'm trying to get a data feed script working. So it can be used for kelkoo etc.

I have used this contrib to accomplish this.

I can get the text file so it looks ok but I have some trouble with the price schedue module. If a store has set a different price in price schedule in admin, the regular price will still be shown in the text file.

I tried to replace

$preis=$row["products_price"];

with

$pf->parse($row);
$preis = $pf->getPriceStringShort();

but then the price become 0 in the text file.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks,

Fredrik

Just to make sure I understand you correctly. You have product "widget" that has a price of $100. You want special pricing for widget to be $85. So you create a customer group 'special' and using price schedules you assign widget for some_store for group special to be 85. You assign specific customers to special. When the log in they see $85. It works fine... BUT before anyone logs in, you want them to see a different price than $100 ??

Why not just set the price of the product up to that price you want them to see? Perhaps that is too simple...

Oh well... you should be able to do this by setting the visitor pricing group option under Admin->Configuration->Customer Details.

Enjoy!

Setting the visitor pricing group works fine for Price Schedule. But as faar as I can see it doesnt not work if you use Percentage-based Discount.

If you use Percentage-based Discount the visitor needs to log in before he can see his price.

Can catalog/includes/classes/price_schedule.php be modified so the Percentage-based Discount will be shown for not logged in visitors?

I know you will ask me why I want to do that :)

This is an easy way to set different price for different stores. There should be some out there that would find this useful.

// Fredrik

Hello! sorry for my english because isn?t my default language.

?It is possible to implement "extra field" contribution with multi-Stores?

Actually I implement easy populate with multi-stores, but now im tring to adapt ir with extra field.

Tanks, especialli to Hobbzilla for him excellent work.

I'm trying to get a data feed script working. So it can be used for kelkoo etc.

I have used this contrib to accomplish this.

I can get the text file so it looks ok but I have some trouble with the price schedue module. If a store has set a different price in price schedule in admin, the regular price will still be shown in the text file.

I tried to replace

$preis=$row["products_price"];

with

$pf->parse($row);
$preis = $pf->getPriceStringShort();

but then the price become 0 in the text file.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks,

Fredrik

I managed to fix this. I also needed to change

$preis = number_format($preis*$steuer,0,".","");

to

$preis = remover($preis);

// Fredrik

Hi

Where it shows price schedules in the boxes on the Product info page, i just need to add some text.

At the moment it shows

1+ ?30

2+ ?15 etc.

I want to add the word 'Buy' so it reads:

Buy 1 ?30

Buy 2 ?15

Thanks.

2nd site acts as if it is default site, links all point to default site.

Any suggestions?

sorted one problem out, images located on other site look like I'll need to hardcode the path.

Still two problem exist though that I can't work out why it is happening.

1. Categories on second site are duplicating as if it is default site.

2. Shopping Cart is treated as default so what is in the default site is being accessed on the 2nd site.

Will keep looking but this part I'll definitely need assistance on though I'll go through the code to see if I can back track.

sorted one problem out, images located on other site look like I'll need to hardcode the path.

Still two problem exist though that I can't work out why it is happening.

1. Categories on second site are duplicating as if it is default site.

2. Shopping Cart is treated as default so what is in the default site is being accessed on the 2nd site.

Will keep looking but this part I'll definitely need assistance on though I'll go through the code to see if I can back track.

For some reason the database_tables.php wasn't loading correctly, seems to be fixed as far as getting thw right categories stock sorted...now I am having problems else where...specifically the...

What's New

Bestsellers

New Products for

categories...and probably others as well. They show up even if they are not available in the 2nd site.

I am assuming this is somthing that isn't supposed to happen. Will keep looking

For some reason the database_tables.php wasn't loading correctly, seems to be fixed as far as getting thw right categories stock sorted...now I am having problems else where...specifically the...

What's New

Bestsellers

New Products for

categories...and probably others as well. They show up even if they are not available in the 2nd site.

I am assuming this is somthing that isn't supposed to happen. Will keep looking

So far so good, looks like everything is now working as it should...till I find out otherwise that is.

The problems of adding contribs as well as ripping my own dodgy attempts into the mix to force the site to look and act the way I want it to.

Hmmmm, things to consider...

Gift Voucher/Credit mod: If you decide to add this, perhaps set up as a general option so vouchers can be used across the stores AND set an option so that stores can have their own vouchers.

With that concept in mind...perhaps fix the shopping cart so that it can do something similar, cart cross store usable unless for specific stores.

Shipping & Payment options same idea.

...their just thoughts and I may find a work around for them (doubtful, but who knows I might get time to play...time the real killer)

Enough of that, back to seeing how much I stuffed up the store in modding it.

Seriously need sleep.