• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

Configure / Install problem:

I have almost fresh installation of osCommerce 2.2 and Multi-store 1.7, I managed to create two stores in the admin area and assign products to the stores. However I tried to follow Installation Step #6 (Update admin/includes/configure.php), then I found the "catalog WS & FS paths" have different names:

In the installation guide <====> In the actual admin/includes/configure.php file

// define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', ''); <====> define('HTTP_SERVER', ...);

// define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', ''); <====> define('HTTPS_SERVER', '');

// define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', ''); <====> define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

// define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', ''); <====> define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', ...);

// define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', ''); <====> define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

// define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', ''); <====> define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', ...);

// define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', ...); <====> define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

... ...

If I mark out these statement in the configure.php, then I got error messages that the files does not exist (but actaully they do!)

Is this because the version changes in the osCommerce 2.2 compare to osCommerce 2.0?

Have anybody seem and solved this problem?

Edited by allcam

Configure / Install problem:

Pleae ingore the above post, I should have looked at the configure.php under admin/includes instead of catalog/includes.

but now i got the following erros:

Warning: main(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/my-mp3/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 289

Warning: main(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/my-mp3/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 289

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/my-mp3/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 289

linw 289 of application_top.php are:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

I can not find any problem

linw 289 of application_top.php are:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

Not that I'm a php code guru, but it looks like it's trying to find a language file... eg english.php maybe...

Not that I'm a php code guru, but it looks like it's trying to find a language file... eg english.php maybe...

Yes that's what I think. I am not sure how multi-store define the language but my Admin section is working fine and i have set the proper language location and assinged the language for stores.

Another thought is the

include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php'

It seems that the path has duplicated. but I don't know how to remove the duplicate

Hi,

Can someone tell me if I have to run this contribution with SSL.

Can this contribution run on PHP5?

I have done a fresh install of OSC and then installed this contribution. Everything looks alright except I can't log in as admin. Can anybody help???

Thanks,

Maarten

Hi,

Can someone tell me if I have to run this contribution with SSL.

Can this contribution run on PHP5?

I have done a fresh install of OSC and then installed this contribution. Everything looks alright except I can't log in as admin. Can anybody help???

Thanks,

Maarten

You don't have to be running SSL. The reason that you can't login as an admin is there is something wrong with your paths in the config file. The paths have to line up exactly, so if you have a trailing / on one path, but not on the other it will loose the session when you try to login.

This is a real pain, but you can figure it out easier by hovering over the admin link in the upper right to see where it is pointing.

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

Hi,

Should be proud -- lots of work and great results.

Issue: "admin2" cannot create a new top category. CAN create a sub-category in an existing/store-enabled category, but not a new main (top) one.

I thought I had it working right a few weeks ago, but not certain now... Have tried adding multi-stores 1.7+patch to fresh MS2 and to fresh most recent update (051112) with the same results: Only "admin" can create top level categories.

Has anybody run into this & found a solution?

Thanks,

Craig

Do SSL work in multistore ?

I have a cert installed and if I type https:// mydomain I get ssl and all is fine.

I have enabled ssl in the config files and provided the url for ssl but nothing different happens at checkout....???

I would think that a customer should be able to log in , look at account, checkout under a secure connection.....

What do I need to do, or install or whatever, not a lot of hair left to pull out

Edited by apedavid

Do SSL work in multistore ?

I have a cert installed and if I type https:// mydomain I get ssl and all is fine.

I have enabled ssl in the config files and provided the url for ssl but nothing different happens at checkout....???

I would think that a customer should be able to log in , look at account, checkout under a secure connection.....

What do I need to do, or install or whatever, not a lot of hair left to pull out

Helped myself

There is another config file in /catalog/includes/local/ that had the SSl turned off :o

Hope this might help someone else out. :rolleyes:

Just curious if anyone's bothered to try this...

i have a pretty heavily modified site, latest release of some 12 or so modules (so far)

Started with a vanilla install, added multi-store, went from there with the rest of the 'little' modules.

I havn't started yet, considering the task looks somewhat daunting, but i'm looking to incorporate Seperate Pricing Per Customer (contrib 716) into a multi-site environment.

Has anyone tried Multi-Store with SPPC, and if so is there anything i should be mindful about when i run through the 40 odd config edits sppc entails?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

I think the default install of Multi-Stores also provides price scheduling where you can set different prices for different customer groups.

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

You don't have to be running SSL. The reason that you can't login as an admin is there is something wrong with your paths in the config file. The paths have to line up exactly, so if you have a trailing / on one path, but not on the other it will loose the session when you try to login.

This is a real pain, but you can figure it out easier by hovering over the admin link in the upper right to see where it is pointing.

Thanks for the tip. Despite checking & double checking the the link was correct I couldn't get it working.

I have solved the access to the admin section now. What wasn't clear to me and I think I should reiterate it for others with the same problem is to check that sessions are stored in the database during install.

Maarten

Just in case somebody else is wondering why the "Customer's group" is empty on the customers overview page. You have to change on query in the admin/customers.php file:

Old:

$customers_query_raw = "select c.customers_id, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname, c.customers_email_address, a.entry_country_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " c left join " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " a on c.customers_id = a.customers_id and c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id " . $search . " order by c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname";

New:

$customers_query_raw = "select cg.customers_groups_name, c.customers_id, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname, c.customers_email_address, a.entry_country_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " c left join " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " a on c.customers_id = a.customers_id and c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id left join " .TABLE_CUSTOMERS_GROUPS ." cg on c.customers_groups_id=cg.customers_groups_id " . $search . " order by c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname";

Ralph

Hi,

I'm running OSc 2.2 with multi-stores and multiple shops, and centershop.

It's a great package, but now, in the dutch, and english languages i have a problem with the

shopping cart.

It doesn't calculate the sub-total. It does this when you check out, and when you receive the bill.

Does someone know what to restore?

(and does some have the right files for me?)

I hope you could be at help

sorry for my english, it's not my main language, since i'm from the Netherlands.

/ViPeRII

Edited by ViPeRII

I think i've found the problem, but i need a solution. If I change the currencie from USD to somethingelse (EUR). The prices are not shown anymore in the Shopping cart.

You need to update the default currency. I had this problem with the multistore as well as a stand alone store. It isn't related to the multistore contribution.

I looked at http://herosb.mine.nu/ci/catalog/ but the folder doesn't seem to exist.

I'd suggest just play around with the settings.

enable the language, enable the currency and also enable the products in the store.

I discovered a problem/pain feature, about having only 1 currency. I'd suggest you have 2 currencies available.

Hi Peoples.

I've got a problem and I was wondering if anyone has come up with a solution to this problem.

I'd like to have a printable list which displays all the products, which also displays which shop they are in.

So basically the script would produce a table something like so...

product column : price ext tax : price inc tax : store name 1 : store name 2 : store name 3 etc...<br>

product XXX : 2.00 : 2.20 : : X : X <br>

product XXX : 2.00 : 2.20 : : X : X <br>

product XXX : 2.00 : 2.20 : X : : <br>

product XXX : 2.00 : 2.20 : X : X : X <br>

product XXX : 2.00 : 2.20 : X : : X

Has anyone out there had any success or attempted a project like this? I need it for data and error checking.

Thanks in advance.

Steve