• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

Is the above because netfirms (my host) uses MySQL 3.23.55.

More problems that i've found:

In the admin panel, Tools > Server Info gives this error:

2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

select administrators_allowed_pages from administrators where administrators_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I'm also getting some php errors, which as of right now I don't think are because of this contrib, but I also haven't changed anything.

RE: *NOTE* I only have this problem on my netfirms account, I've tried it on different servers and works correctly.

Get in touch with NETFIRMS.. dont sound too great if they are running old versions of MYSQL.. almost certainly they are the problem.. not the contribution ;)

i've just installed the multi store contrib, but i'm having a really hard time trying to figure out how to setup the second store. First, where do i go to do this.

You MUST change the configuration_title "STORES_ID" for each copied configuration table to the corresponding stores_id that was auto-incremented in the stores table when you created each store.)

Second, after i finish adding in extra contib, do i just copy the orignal installation files like www.domain.com/store1 and www.domain.com/store2? please help.

i've just installed the multi store contrib, but i'm having a really hard time trying to figure out how to setup the second store.  First, where do i go to do this.

You MUST change the configuration_title "STORES_ID" for each copied configuration table to the corresponding stores_id that was auto-incremented in the stores table when you created each store.)

Second, after i finish adding in extra contib, do i just copy the orignal installation files like www.domain.com/store1 and www.domain.com/store2?  please help.

If your adding in contribs, I would finish adding them all in before I duplicated the files. Then instead of using the create table from default option, I would manually create the table through a mySQL command so you can have all the correct config options already there. I would use something like

CREATE TABLE myNewConfigTable AS SELECT * FROM configuration;

This will make a duplicate of the default configuration table with all contrib data already added.

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

If your adding in contribs, I would finish adding them all in before I duplicated the files.  Then instead of using the create table from default option, I would manually create the table through a mySQL command so you can have all the correct config options already there.  I would use something like

CREATE TABLE myNewConfigTable AS SELECT * FROM configuration;

This will make a duplicate of the default configuration table with all contrib data already added.

hey thanks, i think i got it figured out. :D

Is there anyone that can help me ???? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever I do I keep getting the

Warning: main(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\apache\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 192

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in c:\apache\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 192"

How I get rid of this? I cannot get into the admin, in the db the store has its proper language, the default store laguage is the sam as my browser's language.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Warning: main(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\apache\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 192

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in c:\apache\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 192"

That path looks LOCAL.. so unless you have a dedicated server with total access to root, are you sure your config files have the correct details in ?

The error is related to it not assigning the correct language file prefix.

RE: I cannot get into the admin

So the error above is when you view the catalog and also when trying to access admin ?

Incidentally does anyone get the error i described in my post about the default store containing all categories and products ? I.E No on/off option for default store display ?

What can I do with this:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/oiinfo/public_html/includes/database_tables.php:72) in /home/oiinfo/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/oiinfo/public_html/includes/database_tables.php:72) in /home/oiinfo/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

going crazy with it......

:blink: :D

So : All seems to be working o.k with this contribution, but i have noticed one problem that doesnt make much sense. The default store appears to just show all products / all categories.

Anyone had this problem ?

Have i missed a 'default' setting somewhere to allow for on/off of products and categories on the default store spefically ?

If it is working as expected for the 2nd store, but not for the first, I would double check your installation of the default first store. By default after installation of Multi-Stores, your default store should have 0 products & 0 categories enabled and should show nothing.

I have not experienced what you are describing with a clean install.

What can I do with this:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/oiinfo/public_html/includes/database_tables.php:72) in /home/oiinfo/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/oiinfo/public_html/includes/database_tables.php:72) in /home/oiinfo/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

going crazy with it......

Please double check your installation. Did you merge the files by hand? Have you tried to add any additional contributions after Multi-Stores. the "headers already sent" error is a common error that can show up due to a number of different problems... echoing out stuff after headers sent, blank spaces at the end of the file... you could do a search on the forums to get some more ideas. This is not a contribution error.. but rather an integration error.

Hi have a fairly modded store that I am keen in install "Multi-Stores multiple shop system" on to - but am struggling mainly due to a previously installed "Credit Class & Gift Voucher" mod that has dozens of file changes. + a number of other mods.

My thoughts are to start again with a vanilla install of oscommerce, install the multi store mod, then gradually tie in all the other contributions I have installed testing as I go. This however will take WEEKS and then I have the difficulty of moving the existing product, customer, sales db across.

Can anyone suggest a simpler solution to this problem at all?

Many thanks

Steve

Is there a quick fix so this contrib will work with mySQL 3.x databases. As far as I can tell everything in the catalog works. Where I start gettings errors is in the admin panel. Every error I get is a 2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query. I have posted above some sample errors (page 33). I can do the changes myself (in the php code), all I need to know is what is different from a mySQL 3.x and 4.x database, as in why does it get a 2013 error when connecting to a 3.x database. The server I'm hosting this on is running MySQL 3.23.55.

Thank you.

Awesome contribution hobzilla! Has anybody here been able to get multi stores to work with Product Attributes - Option Type Feature? I have not been able to get these two to work together. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Josh

I have a big problem i will use your Multi-Stores multiple shop system http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1730

with the BTS-Design

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1263

now i will controll my designs in my admin:

URL1: www.test1.com is design A or Owner

URL2: www.test2.com is design B or Owner

have you any ideas ?

I am from germany and my english is not so good.

Hi to Hobbzilla and anyone else who can help.

Im in a bit of a pickle, has anyone here got this fine conbribution to work with register_globals off?

I seem to be having the same problem as theoverer mentioned a couple of months ago where after applying the register_globals contrib i cant get to the admin login page and instead get an error (in FireFox) saying:

"Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked".

Im running PHP 4.3.11, MySQL 3.23.49, on a windows box with IIS 6

Has anyone else had this problem or knows how to fix it?

Any help would be great...

I'm wondering whether this MOD can support multi shops, while each shop has its own administrator who can admin products and prices just for his shop. The admin for the MALL should be responsible of management of all shops and their owners. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have some problems with the tax.

I have set "Display Prices with Tax" to True under Configuration for all the shops. But still the tax isn't shown.

But if log in as a customer, then the tax is shown on the product pages, shopping cart and when I check out.

Does annyone know how to display the prices with tax, whether the customer is loged in or not?

// Fredrik

• 2 weeks later...

When I log in to the admin, it just reloads the admin page and makes it look like I have not logged in. No error messager or anything.

What can I check to see why this is happening, is it possible to debug or get something returned why I was not logged in?

Any help appreciated

Paul

When I log in to the admin, it just reloads the admin page and makes it look like I have not logged in. No error messager or anything.

What can I check to see why this is happening, is it possible to debug or get something returned why I was not logged in?

Any help appreciated

Paul

I ran into this problem as well. It turns out that my paths weren't quite right so the session variable was getting lost every time I logged in. Go back an make sure all of your paths are correct and that you do not have an extra / in one of the paths. I had an extra path on the admin or something like that so I was getting redirected to:

localhost//admin

instead of

localhost/admin

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

Is there anyone that can help me ???? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How I get rid of this? I cannot get into the admin, in the db the store has its proper language, the default store laguage is the sam as my browser's language.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

to fix the error above.

you have to get to your database and look for the table

languages_to_stores

there are two fieild there

one is

language_id and for english it is (1)

and the next field is

store_id

you have to make sure that the store Id matches the store you just added.

if you added a store then deleted it and re-added it then the language_to_stores may not have been changed.

I just had that problem and searched this forum and couldn't find the answer so I started troubleshoot and figured it out and thought I would share what I learned. and mis-spelled words sorry it is really late.

good night and I hope I help someone else

noppie

has anyone got froogle working with different stores.. I have it working with the main store.. so i had to make sure every thing in all my stores is in the main store.

and one had luck seperating it.

noppie

I've just installed this contribution (1.7/1.71)... but having the following problem:

1146 - Table 'domainname.TABLE_CONFIGURATION' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from TABLE_CONFIGURATION

[TEP STOP]

I've read this thread and there was said you need to check if the TABLE_CONFIGURATION was set as 'configuration' (like in my application_top) and yes.. I've haven't changed it and it's still there... So this is very strange...

In my database_tables.php I've the following:

//rmh M-S_multi-stores *Commented out due to: table selection done in application_top.php* define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration');

But if I change it into:

define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration');

I will get an error message that function/generals.php row 8 is fault...

What have I done wrong.. Could someone please help me.. Thank you!

Hi There

I just installed the multi shop contribution.

When i go to /catalog/ with define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration')

all works oke

then i copy that folder and rename it /catalog_new/. when i try to change the database table to define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration_new') then my whole layout is messed up, how come????

Greetz,

90 SECONDS FOR A QUERY!

Well, what can I say... I am stress testing this contribution and found eveything very good except for one query. Fix this and you have a great system going on.

Products: 60,000

Categories: 561

Manufacturers: 285

Query

EXPLAIN SELECT DISTINCT m.manufacturers_id AS id, m.manufacturers_name AS name

FROM products p, products_to_categories p2c, products_to_stores p2s, manufacturers m, manufacturers_to_stores m2s

WHERE p.products_status = '1'

AND p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id

AND m.manufacturers_id = m2s.manufacturers_id

AND p.products_id = p2c.products_id

AND p2c.categories_id = '336'

AND p2s.stores_id = m2s.stores_id

AND m2s.stores_id = '1'

ORDER BY m.manufacturers_name

Explain output

id select_type table type possible_keys key key_len ref rows Extra

1 SIMPLE p2c index PRIMARY PRIMARY 8 NULL 44437 Using where; Using index; Using temporary; Using f...

1 SIMPLE p eq_ref PRIMARY PRIMARY 4 digital_hardware.p2c.products_id 1 Using where

1 SIMPLE p2s index NULL PRIMARY 8 NULL 59075 Using index

1 SIMPLE m eq_ref PRIMARY PRIMARY 4 digital_hardware.p.manufacturers_id 1

1 SIMPLE m2s eq_ref PRIMARY PRIMARY 8 digital_hardware.m.manufacturers_id,const 1 Using where; Using index; Distinct

Any ideas on optimization?

Hello,

I am from Germany and would like to apologize for my English.

I downloaded and installed the version 1.7 into an original version of OSC MS 2.2.

Now I have the following problems:

I can?t log in as admin/admin.

After I changed the administrator ID of 1 to 0 in the database, I can administer the Shop. Did I do anything wrong, or why does it happend so?

Is a following category tree possible?

Category | Visibly in Shops

--------------------------------

Computer | Default

- > Hardware | Default

- > CPU | Default AND Shop1

is it possible to make the category CPU visible in Shop1, if the Parent Categories are not visible in Shop1?

The next problem I have is:

Products of Shop1 are not visible in default, I cannot find a Button, like the categories to make the products of Shop1 make visibly in the Default Store. I do not hope my question am too complicated and you can help...

A beautiful day

Uwe Gohe

I just wanted to get some advice regarding the capabilities of this contribution. I understand that if a customer adds something to their cart in one store that they cannot then go to your other store and add another item to the same cart. Is this correct?

Secondly, I am wondering if this contribution would work with a subdomain so if my main store was at www.mystore.com, could I place a second store at www.betterstore.mystore.com? How would this work with the admin section - would it get awfully confusing?

Sarah