• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

Dear Hobzilla,

Just one clarification needed.

Does each individual store have its own stock ,orders and customer details for the sale done on that store or is there a common admin.for all stores?I want each store to be an independent store where the store owner can see his own inventory levels, orders and customer details and accordingly run his own business ( as a distributor) .Only one master store should have access to information/details about inventory,orders,customers etc for all the stores.

I only want the customer to have one login for all the stores.

But each store to be independent with individual distributors running their own store.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am just wondering if this could be the solution for a problem I have.

I want a two language shop with different prices for different countries(not exchange rate based thus) but the same products. Is this possible with this extension?

Thanks / Gnolen

Hi,

I was wondering about something. On this Multi store you can have several groups.And in create_account you have DEFAULT_CUSTOMER_GROUP But where can i edit this so that i can choose on each store wich customer group i want to make them in? I have tried several thing but i haven't manage to fix this.

Hope somebody can help me with this :D

Regards

Thomas

Hi,

I was wondering about something. On this Multi store you can have several groups.And in create_account you have DEFAULT_CUSTOMER_GROUP But where can i edit this so that i can choose on each store wich customer group i want to make them in? I have tried several thing but i haven't manage to fix this.

Hope somebody can help me with this :D

Regards

Thomas

Never mind. I figured it out myself. But thanks for all the help for now :D

-Thomas-

Ok, I have just finished merging all the files with my base osC install (man, some of those were a nightmare) and I'm ready to start debugging by merging process. I'm having a problem though with the admin site, and I also had this problem when I was testing out your contrib on a vanilla osC 2.2ms2 install. When I log into the admin, it keeps redirecting me to the login page. I can get around if I manually enter the pages URL in the address bar, but when ever I click on something, it redirects me back to the login page.

Has anyone expirenced this before?

Anyone know how to fix it?

I would like to solve this problem without hacking away at your code. I'm sure it's just something simple that I'm missing.

I would like to get this solved because I have to start debugging the categories.php page, and that will probably make me loose my mind.

Nice contrib by the way!

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

Ok, I've been reading through the support forum, and see that people have this same problem. After digging through my configure files, I had the admin WS set to /admin/ when it should have been just admin/

I guess this was making the site lose it's session information, although I'm not sure why.

Well, I guess it's time to dig into categories.php, what a nightmare. Has anyone installed the multi-stores contrib along side of Ultra Images Pack? If you have, it would be great if you could send me your admin/categories.php file. I'm really not looking forward to digging through 2000 lines of code to find the random parse error at the bottom of the file.

Well, I'm glad I got it going. I knew that it was going to be something simple like an error in my config file.

Edited by RyanSmith

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

Dear Hobzilla,

Just one clarification needed.

Does each individual store have its own stock ,orders and customer details for the sale done on that store or is there a common admin.for all stores?I want each store to be an independent store where the store owner can see his own inventory levels, orders and customer details and accordingly run his own business ( as a distributor) .Only one master store should have access to information/details about inventory,orders,customers etc for all the stores.

I only want the customer to have one login for all the stores.

But each store to be independent with individual distributors running their own store.

Thanks in advance

Currently, each store runs off the same products/customers table, thefore the stock and customer details are for all stores. As far as view orders, etc. that can be customized to work with the admin login's & what store they have access to.

Hi,

I am just wondering if this could be the solution for a problem I have.

I want a two language shop with different prices for different countries(not exchange rate based thus) but the same products. Is this possible with this extension?

Thanks / Gnolen

Unless you assign each customer to a different group (using DEFAULT_CUSTOMERS_GROUP) and then assign pricing on per store basis (using price_schedules) then you would have to modify the code and create a new entry in the products_to_stores table to allow for pricing per store..

Thanks hobbzilla,

Yeah I need a fix for this. I need to fix some small things for a project I am working on and am searching for someone that could do this for me(for cash ofcourse). Do you know where to find a cheap reliable 'osc knowitall' person? I can find a place in the forum where I can post these requests...

/ Gnolen

Edited by gnolen

Yes commercial advertising is frowned upon. Although some people are proficient at programming many find it necessary to hire a programmer. Some people:

1) contact the programmer that contributed the code, others look to the

2) osCommerce development team, while others still go to

3) 3rd party freelance sites.

Unfortunately, do to the rules, I can't recommend any specific ONE. :)

Hi there,

Is it possible to have different stores display different levels of categories, for example: the main shop is computer sales with following categories:

Digital Cameras->

Canon

Sony

Another shop would be specializing in digital cameras, would that be possible to start from the second level i.e.

Cannon->

Sony->

Thanks.

Currently, each store runs off the same products/customers table, thefore the stock and customer details are for all stores. As far as view orders, etc. that can be customized to work with the admin login's & what store they have access to.

Dear Hobzilla,

Thanks for your reply.

BUt I need to get this done for my requirement.Pls let me know if you can do this for me on a paid basis?

or give me some coding that has to be done.

My individual stores are physically located in different countries and I need to keep track of individual orders and stock details as well as individual customer details for each store separately .One store should not know what is going on in the other store.

Basically my only common requirement is that customer registration should be done once on any store and then the customer can use the same login on any store.

The main store will individually access the admin folders for all the stores and be able to monitor and control them.

I hope u will give me some solution.

Thanks once again for the valuable feedback

Regards

I am trying to modify my Multi-Stores install to share the same shopping cart. I've removed all instances of storeID and p2s in the queries in includes/classes/shoppingcart.php. Currently it is sharing carts, but each substores shopping cart infobox will only show products assigned to that store even though it knows something is in the cart.

I've modified column_right to show the shopping cart box only if there is something in it, ie.

if ($cart->count_contents() > 0) {

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');

}

So my cart infobox shows up meaning it knows its not empty but it doesnt display products from other stores. Where is it telling the cart only to display products from that store? I cant find it.

Other than that it seems to add product from each store into a single session.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Mika

Installed Contributions: Multi-Stores, QTPro, CCGV(trad), Batch Print, EasyPopulate, Simple Manual Order Entry, Encrypting Credit Card Via Mcrypt, UPSXML, Down for Maintenance, On The Fly GD Thumbs, SPPC, SPPC Hide, and various personal tweaks

i have installed all the stores on the same domain one set of files to be exact

my subdomains forward the store_id in the url so depending on which subdomain the customer comes from diffrent store appears.

my problem is that the categories does not appear at first but when i either refresh or click on a link then they work.

i assume that is because the session starts then

how can i solve this problem

first pizza shop

second pizza shop

pizza shop directory

only few shops have their menu activated

i have installed all the stores on the same domain one set of files to be exact

my subdomains forward the store_id in the url so depending on which subdomain the customer comes from diffrent store appears.

my problem is that the categories does not appear at first but when i either refresh or click on a link then they work.

i assume that is because the session starts then

how can i solve this problem

first pizza shop

second pizza shop

pizza shop directory

only few shops have their menu activated

got it working thanks

Hi all,

first of all sorry for my bad english, school is a long time ago :P

Thanks 4 this great Contrib, works great and nearly 100% perfect for me.

But now i have 2 big problems, perhaps someone of you can give me a hint what i can do.

I installed a clean OSC-Shop with MS, installed some Contribs and then uploaded the complete store to a second folder. In the Admin-Section i configured the Shops and everything works fine. (product2store, cat2store, etc)

Now i logged in with my test-customer. In Store A i?m a registered User but when i switched to Store B i?m a guest .. what went wrong ?

My second problem is, that i want to use a shared shopping cart for all stores. How can I realize that?

Edited by Scotty2k

I am trying to modify my Multi-Stores install to share the same shopping cart. I've removed all instances of storeID and p2s in the queries in includes/classes/shoppingcart.php. Currently it is sharing carts, but each substores shopping cart infobox will only show products assigned to that store even though it knows something is in the cart.

I've modified column_right to show the shopping cart box only if there is something in it, ie.

So my cart infobox shows up meaning it knows its not empty but it doesnt display products from other stores. Where is it telling the cart only to display products from that store? I cant find it.

Other than that it seems to add product from each store into a single session.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

OK, Ive got a single session/shared cart now, problem solved.

I do have another problem though. My administrator users are not working properly. If I have a user with limited access they are not allowed to see all the pages they are setup to see.

For instance, one user has access to catalog, customers and orders, but I installed a order editor contribution and a batch order print contribution. This user cannot access either contribution page even though I have added the filenames to administrators_allowed_pages in the administrators table. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Mika

Installed Contributions: Multi-Stores, QTPro, CCGV(trad), Batch Print, EasyPopulate, Simple Manual Order Entry, Encrypting Credit Card Via Mcrypt, UPSXML, Down for Maintenance, On The Fly GD Thumbs, SPPC, SPPC Hide, and various personal tweaks

OK, Ive got a single session/shared cart now, problem solved.

I do have another problem though. My administrator users are not working properly. If I have a user with limited access they are not allowed to see all the pages they are setup to see.

For instance, one user has access to catalog, customers and orders, but I installed a order editor contribution and a batch order print contribution. This user cannot access either contribution page even though I have added the filenames to administrators_allowed_pages in the administrators table. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

Found it, in admin/includes/functions/administrators.php

Each page that needs to be added to the admin restrictions must be added to the $aADMPages array. I did have to change the field type to TEXT though to accommodate more than 255 chars...

Matt Mika

Hi,

I have everything setup. I am very confused about a basic setting though. Where do the other stores define the DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES variables etc? for some reason, my other stores are not setting the values for these variables. How should i trouble shoot this?

thanks

Please help !

My store ist losing his usersession when i switched between my stores and i don?t know why !?!? :'( :'(

My 1st Store is in folder /tierbedarf

My 2nd Store is in /koishop on the same root directory.

Did someone have the same problems or how can i fix it ?

You can see the shop and test it: http://testweb.msvportal.de/tierbedarf

I don't know if the subject has been discussed here. 33 pages is quite a lot to read through.

I have manually installed V.1.7.

Now I get an error:

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in c:\apache\htdocs\shoppingdogs\admin\orders.php on line 396

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near ')) OR (op.products_distributors_id = '0') ) group by o.orders_id order by o.orde' at line 1

select distinct o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total, st.stores_name from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), stores st, orders_status s inner join orders_products op on (o.orders_id = op.orders_id) where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '4' and ot.class = 'ot_total' and o.orders_stores_id = st.stores_id and ( (o.orders_stores_id in()) OR (op.products_distributors_id = '0') ) group by o.orders_id order by o.orders_id DESC

This error occurs in several places. Can anyone help me with this??

Thx

As above.

I decided to install osc all over again. I installed V.1,7 over this new install. I couldn't login into the admin area. I was send straight to the login-page in the catalog section.

Later i decided to use the old /admin/includes/application_top.php an uncomment the configuration_table bit in database_tables.

At least i didn't go to the catalog section.

But once again I get the "Implode()" error as above.

It would be very nice if someone could help me out here.

I will TRY to make this a quick request for help. :thumbsup:

So : All seems to be working o.k with this contribution, but i have noticed one problem that doesnt make much sense. The default store appears to just show all products / all categories.

I check the products_to_stores / categories_to_stores tables in the DB and saw that there was no store id for the default store assigned to a specific category or product.

SO: I setup a 'new' store in admin, and gave it a configuration table of it's own.. but used the default store paths, as that is the store i want it to be used for.

Then i edited catlog/includes/database_tables.php to use the newly name configuration table name from the DB. E.G (not configuration but 'mytestdefaultconfiguration')

This seems to work in the respect that is assigns a specific store id to a product or category, but the default store is still showing all the products and categories. Which makes me think it is not reading from the products_to_stores / categories_to_stores tables in the DB, even though it has got independant assocation.

If i copied the catalog directory, stuck it on a new domain, edited the config file to match the new paths, in cat/inc/config.php and the database config for the store.. it would work fine.

It's as though the domain with both admin and the catalog on reacts differently to a remote based store.

Anyone had this problem ?

Have i missed a 'default' setting somewhere to allow for on/off of products and categories on the default store spefically ?

Thank you for your help in advance :rolleyes:

I beleive I'm having a weird problem here. I am being hosting by netfirms.com.

Steps to reproduce:

Install a new copy of OSCommerce.

Copy (overwrite) files from contrib into the OSCommerce on the server.

Goto domain.com/catalog/admin

*NOTE* I only have this problem on my netfirms account, I've tried it on different servers and works correctly.

Problem:

After installation, I go into domain.com/catalog/admin and the login screen comes up as normal. I try and log in as admin/admin (default user/pass), then it spits out an error:

2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

select languages_id, name, code, image, directory from languages order by sort_order

[TEP STOP]

Then all I have to do is click the back button in my browser and the configuration page comes up, logged in and fully accessable.

I would just live with this, but multiple people are going to administrate serveral huge stores.

Has anyone else had this problem on netfirms?

Thanks.

Edited by drweird13