• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

ADMIN LOGIN PROBLEM. (DOUBLE LOGIN REQUIRED)

I am up to 50 extra contributions installed into Multi-store and everything seems to be working. Haven't replicated yet, and I hope that doesn't bite me in the ass.

One thing that I am having problems with is the Admin login. I login once and everything comes up but as soon as I click on any menu item I get kicked out to the log in screen and have to login again. After the 2nd login everything is fine. It's just becoming a huge pain in the ass.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any fixes? Suggestions? Recommendations? Anything at all?

Oh yeah, on V 1.6

Brad

Who is using this contribution with one common images-directory fpr products and one common admin-directory ?

I`m still searching the bug, while images in new shops can not be changed in width/height...they have original size in each step....no matter what is set in admin-panel....

OSC Webmakers Edition modiefied with many other contribs and enhancements.

+ STS 4.5.7 for 2.2MS2 and RC1

Out of curiosity and desire to install, I am wondering if anyone has installed the Credit Class & Gift Voucher (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,282/category,all/search,gift) contribution with MS. I am in great need of something like this and hoping it is possible to intergrate in. Any type of response would be appreciated. I thank you in advance for your time.

I have set up an additional administrator with permissions only for Catalog and one store. When I log in and try to add a Category by clicking on the new category button, the button moves to the right and nothing happens. All the links under Catalog work, I just can't add Categories and therefore Products.

If I change the permission to All shops, it works. I basically want a separate admin for each store who can only administrate categories and products in that one store. Am I missing something?

I have set up an additional administrator with permissions only for Catalog and one store. When I log in and try to add a Category by clicking on the new category button, the button moves to the right and nothing happens. All the links under Catalog work, I just can't add Categories and therefore Products.

If I change the permission to All shops, it works. I basically want a separate admin for each store who can only administrate categories and products in that one store. Am I missing something?

OK, workaround is to create a new category with the name of the store with the superadmin account, and for some reason you can then add new categories and products within that category with your restricted store admin account.

Bigger issue now is that even if you restrict an admin to one store, they can still change the product attributes for other stores...... not good at all :(

I can't see there's an option to limit the product attributes to one store anyplace, surely this is a bit important in a multi-store environment?

Edited by -LG-

I have a completely vanilla install of MS2 2 with 162 MS Loaded on top of it with the sql update and the ziplocator data too and I get the following error. I've started from sratch twice now. It breaks as soon as I add update.sql. Any clues?

http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/admin/conf...iguration&gID=1

Warning: call_user_func(tep_get_orders_type_name): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/www/mydomain/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

I have moved on from oscommerce to magento and no longer monitoring this site.

Out of curiosity and desire to install, I am wondering if anyone has installed the Credit Class & Gift Voucher (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,282/category,all/search,gift) contribution with MS.  I am in great need of something like this and hoping it is possible to intergrate in.  Any type of response would be appreciated.  I thank you in advance for your time.

It is included in 1.6.2 loaded on hobzilla.com

Does anybody have a page where I can view this contribution in practice? I would just like to get an idea if it is what I'm looking for. The idea is to have 3 - 4 stores with one frontpage. Can anybody help?

I don`t think, that there are any realy working versions of 1.7 - many bugs and errors in it - a new installation of MS2.2 + Version 1.7 will not work by default without errors and problems.

There is some work to do....and I still have no solution for the problem of setting image size for additional shops...given up...

OSC Webmakers Edition modiefied with many other contribs and enhancements.

+ STS 4.5.7 for 2.2MS2 and RC1

Out of curiosity and desire to install, I am wondering if anyone has installed the Credit Class & Gift Voucher (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,282/category,all/search,gift) contribution with MS.  I am in great need of something like this and hoping it is possible to intergrate in.  Any type of response would be appreciated.  I thank you in advance for your time.

I am currently working on a store(not live) that has M-S and CCGV installed. I have played around with the coupons quite a bit and they work. I have only messed with the vouchers a little bit. I sent a GV to myself and made a purchase with it but it didnt seem to take into account that I had used more than half of the $50 voucher when I went to place another order. I assume I didnt set everything up right to begin with.

The only problem area was in one of the shopping_cart.php files where some of the queries are changed and it gets a little confusing but after pasting the code in the right place it worked. I tried twice, first time I eliminated what I thought was an unneccessary closing bracket }, second time I left it in and it worked.

Matt Mika

Installed Contributions: Multi-Stores, QTPro, CCGV(trad), Batch Print, EasyPopulate, Simple Manual Order Entry, Encrypting Credit Card Via Mcrypt, UPSXML, Down for Maintenance, On The Fly GD Thumbs, SPPC, SPPC Hide, and various personal tweaks

Ok I've plunged in and started to install this and everything went fine, the admin section works great, but after making all the changes I were suppose to I get this:

1146 - Table 'ezpcacoa_oscommerce.table_configuration' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from TABLE_CONFIGURATION

[TEP STOP]

Anybody know where to start looking for the error?

Dear Ryan,

I?m using multishop 1.62L or at least I am excited to be using it soon.

I installed by first copying it on top of MS2 2 and then uploading the combined files. Then I installed MS2 as usual, then in imported the update.sql, then I imported the zipdata. Then I went into admin and configured.

Everything went fine until I enabled SSL. I noticed that the SSL true false setting in admin ? configurations ? multistores does not effect my catalog; only the configure.php does. So I wonder if something is supposed to be commented out on the catalog configure.php like on the admin one so that the shop admin overrides the file.

I also noticed that the problem goes away if I change three instances of SSL to NONSSL in login.php or replace it with the vanilla version. There are a lot of settings in this admin and it is likely that I have not set something right although for 12 hours now I have studied it and done my best.

Here is the problem specifically. When I set /catalog/includes/configure.php ?define('ENABLE_SSL', true);?, then after entering the login and password on login.php the following shows up (/catalog/login.php/action/process)

Query was empty - Query was empty

Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

If I change SSL to false all is well, except I can?t do business.

When I have made the login work by replacing or doctoring the login.php then the problem may come up in account_password.php, and sometimes even account.php.

In these cases it usually manifests as:

Fatal error: session_start() [function.session-start]: Failed to initialize session module in ...catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

?which as far as I can tell is pretty much the same problem, i.e. my sessions are mucked up.

I have another heavily modified site (not multistore), on the same server but a different domain, different SSL certificate and it works fine. Another is on the same domain, same certificate, and is a fresh vanilla MS2 2 install and it works flawlessly. So I know it has to do with some contribution in the 162L pack but who knows what.

On another possibly related issue, for some reason admin stops working and gives me the error below if I comment out ?define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', ''); ? in /admin/configure.php like the instructions instruct me to. Perhaps this is all related somehow to something stupid I did or didn?t do in my set-up.:

Warning: main(DIR_WS_LANGUAGESenglish.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /.../multishop/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 192

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_LANGUAGESenglish.php' (include_path='') in /.../multishop/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 192

Any guidance, leads, clues, are all much appreciated. I searched the multi-shop thread as well as the whole forum for clues and read lots of stuff about people with similar problems and only scraps of suggestions how to solve it. But their problems and solutions were not applicable to my specific problem as far as I could tell through study and testing over 12 hours anyway.

Thanks for a great contribution and all your support,

Edward

Edited by Dhananjaya

On another possibly related issue, for some reason admin stops working and gives me the error below if I comment out ?define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', ''); ? in /admin/configure.php like the instructions instruct me to. Perhaps this is all related somehow to something stupid I did or didn?t do in my set-up.:

Warning: main(DIR_WS_LANGUAGESenglish.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /.../multishop/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 192

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_LANGUAGESenglish.php' (include_path='') in /.../multishop/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 192

Never mind this part because it's not at all true; just me being confused about which lines to comment out and which ones not to comment out. The main or rest of the problem still persists.

Following up on what seems is not only my latest two posts but the latest two posts... So naturally I plug along somehow get the store up and running whilst hoping for some assistance soon. I will post my further findings for anyone who is inclined to assist or who has similar problem now or ever.

I have narrowed the problem down further by starting with a working plain vanilla login.php and adding the differences in code line by line from the M-S 1.62 L login.php until it breaks and then commented out the offending line and continuing further. I have narrowed it to two lines of code each of which breaks it on its own and neither of which counter acts the other?s malice. I noted that they are related to two modules, B2B and Vendors and so I supposed that they may not work due to a deficiency in my setting up of those sections in the store. So I completely set up those sections.

I tried the B2B section out with and without that line of code and found that it works with it and not without it. So since either your store is B2B or it isn?t and it seems you would?nt use the login.php at all if it was, so no harm to leave it commented out for a regular store and comment it in for a B2B store but I think the intention is for the button in admin the have that effect without editing code. Don?t know if it is just me or if it is a code flaw or what but life can go on like this.

The actual line of code is in catalog/login.php around line 69, i.e. ?tep_session_register('order_taker'); //rmh M-S_b2b? and causes the following error after entering login and password, if B2B functionality is set to false, otherwise it works like it is supposed and keeps everyone out:

Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

On the other hand the vendors contribution doesn?t work with or without the line of code that breaks the login. I have set up vendors and fully turned it on and I have the zip data table in place but the boxes don?t display and no vendors display although there are buttons to press to search for vendors. Even if I create an account in the same zip code as the vendor, even if the max miles is set to 50 or 5000, still I get no choice of vendors. This is with or without the line of code in question live.

However, if the line of code is in place in catalog/login.php around line 82, i.e. ?tep_session_register('vendors_affiliate_id');? (last line of M-S_vendor), it causes the following error after entering login and password. So for now it is commented out:

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

So it's working enought for now with some temporary or perhaps permanent patchwork but I would like to use Vendors someday. In the meantime I stumbled on a Froogle error whilst testing about and have to track down that next. Hopefully it just wants to be configured properly.

Later on..

Edward

Ok I've plunged in and started to install this and everything went fine, the admin section works great, but after making all the changes I were suppose to I get this:

Anybody know where to start looking for the error?

I'm pretty sure the solution is to change the name of your default Stores Config Table: to configuration. It's not said anywhere in the instructions that I can find but when I had the same problem as you and started poking around in the code I noticed the name of the configuration table is hard coded into the php as "configuration" and so it is either change a bunch of code or the name of your table. I chose to change the name of the table and Voila! it worked, at least as far as that goes. It seems you can name the other stores tables whatever you like.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Edward

Admin Session Timeout Query: Great contrib, anyone know how to make the admin session last longer before it times out and you have to login again?

Many thanks,

Dave

Hey Dave,

Yea it's pretty damn short isn't it? What a pain in the...

Usually it would be that you go to admin/includes/functions/sessions.php and look around line 13 for:

if (STORE_SESSIONS == 'mysql') {

if (!$SESS_LIFE = get_cfg_var('session.gc_maxlifetime')) {

$SESS_LIFE = 86400; // was 1440 (24 minutes)

As you can see I changed it from 1440 seconds to 86400 which according to my calculations is 24 hours instead of 24 minutes. But alas it had no effect whatsoever. So someone must have it set someplace else instead. I'll let you know if I find it.

Edward

anyone know if there's a way to have several stores offering the same product using only one set of tables for product, shipping, etc information. each store would basically be just a front which would earn commissions for that store's owner. it's a bit off-topic, i know. sorry for that, but i'd really appreciate any help.  :D

Yea that's what this contribution does down to the T really. You may have to set up shipping modules for each store in admin but the catalog and customer database are shared.

Has anyone used Easy Populate with Multi-Stores?

Results? Tips?

I've used it a bit. Seems to work okay so far. Nothing special comes to mind as quirkly about it. That's how I migrated my products from my old ms1 store. If only there was a easypopulate for customers.

I have a completely vanilla install of MS2 2 with 162 MS Loaded on top of it with the sql update and the ziplocator data too and I get the following error. I've started from sratch twice now. It breaks as soon as I add update.sql. Any clues?

http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/admin/conf...iguration&gID=1

Warning: call_user_func(tep_get_orders_type_name): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/www/mydomain/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

What I discovered was that it is all a matter of what you do in what order. I found this problem went away when I copied Multi-Store right on top of OSC default before uploading it to the server and then running the install. Then I added the mysql updates piece by piece testing all the way. But they all are in and that error and lots of others are gone now. Only a few minor quirks to work out.

Edward

Following up on what seems is not only my latest two posts but the latest two posts... So naturally I plug along somehow get the store up and running whilst hoping for some assistance soon. I will post my further findings for anyone who is inclined to assist or who has similar problem now or ever.

I have narrowed the problem down further by starting with a working plain vanilla login.php and adding the differences in code line by line from the M-S 1.62 L login.php until it breaks and then commented out the offending line and continuing further. I have narrowed it to two lines of code each of which breaks it on its own and neither of which counter acts the other?s malice. I noted that they are related to two modules, B2B and Vendors and so I supposed that they may not work due to a deficiency in my setting up of those sections in the store. So I completely set up those sections.

I tried the B2B section out with and without that line of code and found that it works with it and not without it. So since either your store is B2B or it isn?t and it seems you would?nt use the login.php at all if it was, so no harm to leave it commented out for a regular store and comment it in for a B2B store but I think the intention is for the button in admin the have that effect without editing code. Don?t know if it is just me or if it is a code flaw or what but life can go on like this.

The actual line of code is in catalog/login.php around line 69, i.e.  ?tep_session_register('order_taker'); //rmh M-S_b2b? and causes the following error after entering login and password, if B2B functionality is set to false, otherwise it works like it is supposed and keeps everyone out:

Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

On the other hand the vendors contribution doesn?t work with or without the line of code that breaks the login. I have set up vendors and fully turned it on and I have the zip data table in place but the boxes don?t display and no vendors display although there are buttons to press to search for vendors. Even if I create an account in the same zip code as the vendor, even if the max miles is set to 50 or 5000, still I get no choice of vendors. This is with or without the line of code in question live.

However, if the line of code is in place in catalog/login.php around line 82, i.e.  ?tep_session_register('vendors_affiliate_id');? (last line of M-S_vendor), it causes the following error after entering login and password. So for now it is commented out:

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

So it's working enought for now with some temporary or perhaps permanent patchwork but I would like to use Vendors someday. In the meantime I stumbled on a Froogle error whilst testing about and have to track down that next. Hopefully it just wants to be configured properly.

Later on..

Edward

:D Thanks for the reply, I will give it a try soon, I installed Mamboo with a shoping cart and is currently busy with that as it seemed I'm not getting any help on here. When I have time and go through all of the above I will report back.

Thanks again.

Hey Ryan,

By the way, I thought to post my two error problems in the topics for their respective contributions, but I discovered that they are both yours and the B2B one doesn't seem to have a topic and in the vendors topic I got the impression it was running pretty smooth on its own and my problem is probably specific to the multistore environment. Hope to hear from you soon. I know your busy and I got a bandaid on it in the meantime so no worries.

Edward

i actually just skimmed the last page of posts here so excuse me if im mistaken or if the problem has been solved.....

but i think any ssl issues one might have have been discussed in this thread before and that the solutions are to be found in this thread....and i know 470 some posts are a lot to look through but many problems and solutions can be found by reading through them all.....

cheers to hobzilla and everyone else who keeps osc and these fabulous contributions alive and well......