• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

Hello

this is what I have been looking for but I am confused.

I think I did something wrong

I uploaded a new store..

and I uploaded the

mulit-storee over the new store.

now my hosting actually added catalog and the catalog is in the document root.

that maybe my problem

no images.. no modules.  Value  Action

Store Catalog Website URL  http://ellemercantile.biz 

Store Catalog Website SSL URL  Info

Enable SSL Store Catalog  false  Info

Store Catalog Website Path  /home/elle/public_html  Info

Store Catalog Filesystem Path  /home/elle/public_html  Info

Store Catalog Website Images Path  http://ellemercantile.biz/admin/images/  Info

Store Catalog Website Languages Path  http://ellemercantile.biz/languages/  Info

Store Catalog Filesystem Languages Path  /home/elle/public_html/includes/languages/  Info

Store Catalog Filesystem Images Path  /home/elle/public_html/images/  Info

Store Catalog Filesystem Modules Path

I filled in under configuation the infomation nothing worked after I commented out what I should do in the admin/includes/coonfigure.php

when I uncommented it all worked.

and in my configuration I can not find the store ID..

is the store ID someting I create or is it somewhere.

I hoped I explain what is wrong..

Thank you

Noppie

Ok, so I went from 1.4 to 1.7.

I uploaded and overwrote all the files. I retained my configuration.php file with the proper configuration variables and stylesheet.css. I cannot run the update.sql file because I'm updating my store. How is one supposed to update a store with a fresh install when there are customers and products? The precise error I get is:

1054 - Unknown column 's.stores_id' in 'where clause'

select s.specials_new_products_price from specials s where products_id = '28' and status = '1' AND (s.stores_id = '1')

Just underneath the "categories" on the left side. The admin pages work fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Umm.. you need to run update.sql regardless of if it is fresh install or not.

2 Questions:

1.) I made 4 catalog copies with modified config-files in it.

All is working so far, but when I add a product and decide to have it only in store 2 and store 4 - not in 1 and 3, than it doesn`t work

Products are only shown, when store "default" is set and then it is visible in all stores.

And:

When I deactivat a category in default store with products in it, then in the stores the product is visible but not the category where it is defined in.

2.) What is the "Cross Sell Function" good for ?

Any Idea (especially) for Problem 1 ?

=================================

GREAT CONTRIBUTION AND CONGRAT. FOR YOUR RETURN INTO OSC-CONTRIB-SECTION !!

1. Can you double check that you changed the database_tables to point to the new configuration table? Also, search for the configuration_key "STORES_ID" and make sure they are all different and coorespond to the entries in stores table.. (you can get duplicates if you just simply copy the configuration tables instead of loading defaults... and you don't change them.. check that.. & report back!

2. Do a search for cross-sell on the contribution section.. I don't know anything about it.. (deny deny deny)

Hello

Using this contribution with a shared cart?

Could this contribution be used to set-up a store with completely different departments? i.e a bit like the way that Amazon works, where they have one department for books and another completely different one for DVDs, but when you view your cart and checkout all your products are in your Cart?

I want to give my two departments (or stores) completely different looks, but have them use the same shopping cart, how would I go about this? Would this contribution be suitable? What changes to the contribution code would I need to make?

Thanks

Gareth

Prices $0

I have implemented the MS-contrib and thereby also the M-S_pricing part. Now I should like to also put in the contrib; http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1826

in order to get rid of prices $0.

I run into problems everywhere the function getPriceStringShort placed in catalog/includes/classes/price_schedule.php is called.

Precicely it have problems changing the files:

catalog/includes/boxes/

whats_new.php

catalog/includes/modules/

new_products.php

product_listing.php

that has to be changed according to the 1826 contrib.

Anyone else ran into this and have found a solution to combine the two contribs?

Kind regards

Bent Bj?rnskov

I reloaded using a folder catalog and it works.

Hello

this is what I have been looking for but I am confused.

I think I did something wrong

I uploaded a new store..

and I uploaded the

mulit-storee over the new store.

now my hosting actually added  catalog and the catalog is in the document root.

that maybe my problem

I filled in under configuation the infomation nothing worked after I commented out what I should do in the admin/includes/coonfigure.php

when I uncommented it all worked.

and in my configuration I can not find the store ID..

is the store ID someting I create or is it somewhere.

I hoped I explain what is wrong..

Thank you

Noppie

Can not assign products to store.

Products are only visible, when my default store is checked; if it is not checked the products are not visible in all shops......??

Each store has its own config.php and they have different config-tables....

but why dosn`t do it ?

OSC Webmakers Edition modiefied with many other contribs and enhancements.

+ STS 4.5.7 for 2.2MS2 and RC1

Is this feature possible ?

=> Super-Admin has control over all stores and products.

=> Sub-Admin or Distributor can create new Categories/Products, but can not edit/delete the Categ./Products the Superadmin has created ? :blink:

Can not assign products to store.

Products are only visible, when my default store is checked; if it is not checked the products are not visible in all shops......??

Each store has its own config.php and they have different config-tables....

but why dosn`t do it ?

AAARRGHHHH !!!

I have to edit includes/database_tables.php manually !!!!

define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION', 'define the new tabel of stores here !');

So I have to make 4 Things manually to create new stores:

1.) copy the catalog-files

2.) change the includes/config.php in new shops

3.) Edit header.php to change the Shop-Logo

4.) Edit includes/database_tables.php corresponding to the created name when new store has been defined in admin-section. (When the Store has configuration Name "store1", the section "TABLE_CONFIGURATION in database_tables.php has also to be changed to "store1".)

UFF

Is this better solved in version 1. 7 ?

I?m just using version 1.6....an hope that now all realy is working well....

In Catalog/Categoris

Catalog/Products

=> Select Stores

there is a checkbox "TEXT_ROLLDOWN_STORE"

When I check this the result is not stored, when I reopen category or product. The checkbox always stays empty....what is it ???

Hello

Using this contribution with a shared cart?

Could this contribution be used to set-up a store with completely different departments?  i.e a bit like the way that Amazon works, where they have one department for books and another completely different one for DVDs, but when you view your cart and checkout all your products are in your Cart? 

I want to give my two departments (or stores) completely different looks, but have them use the same shopping cart, how would I go about this?  Would this contribution be suitable? What changes to the contribution code would I need to make?

Thanks

Gareth

Yes, with a few modifications, this contrib can be run with a shared shopping cart as you are needing.

Prices $0

I have implemented the MS-contrib and thereby also the M-S_pricing part. Now I should like to also put in the contrib; http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1826

in order to get rid of prices $0.

I run into problems everywhere the function getPriceStringShort placed in catalog/includes/classes/price_schedule.php is called.

Precicely it have problems changing the files:

catalog/includes/boxes/

whats_new.php

catalog/includes/modules/

new_products.php

product_listing.php

that has to be changed according to the 1826 contrib.

Anyone else ran into this and have found a solution to combine the two contribs?

Kind regards

Bent Bj?rnskov

All pricing display is now handled in price_formatter class.. you should be able to modify that file (similar to the hide pricing functionality that already exisits -- only when the price is 0 however).

Is this feature possible ?

=> Super-Admin has control over all stores and products.

=> Sub-Admin or Distributor can create new Categories/Products, but can not edit/delete the Categ./Products the Superadmin has created ?  :blink:

1. Yes.

2. not exactly.. the sub-admin can create/edit products/categories they are a distributor for.. and where the product/category is assigned to that distributor.

AAARRGHHHH !!!

I have to edit includes/database_tables.php manually !!!!

define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION', 'define the new tabel of stores here !');

So I have to make 4 Things manually to create new stores:

1.) copy the catalog-files

2.) change the includes/config.php in new shops

3.) Edit header.php to change the Shop-Logo

4.) Edit includes/database_tables.php corresponding to the created name when new store has been defined in admin-section. (When the Store has configuration Name "store1", the section "TABLE_CONFIGURATION in database_tables.php has also to be changed to "store1".)

UFF

Is this better solved in version 1. 7 ?

I?m just using version 1.6....an hope that now all realy is working well....

1.7 makes it so you don't have to edit header.php for the store image. I'm sorry, I'm not at liberty to talk about the version you mentioned as it is not available on oscommerce's contributions section.

In Catalog/Categoris

Catalog/Products

=> Select Stores

there is a checkbox "TEXT_ROLLDOWN_STORE"

When I check this the result is not stored, when I reopen category or product. The checkbox always stays empty....what is it ???

It enables/disables all products from that tree down to the store(s) selected.

TEXT_ROLLDOWN_STORE should be defined in your <language>.php file

Hi!

I have a short question, hope someone can help me out with my problem.

I want to add to a new shop only some "sub-categories", but in the category box is only appearing a "->"

When I check the main category too its working, but i want the subcategories shown in the category box.

Categorie Example (only an example, i don't have PS2 etc. ;)):

Multimedia

---> Consoles

------> Play Station 2

------> X-Box

------> Game Cube

When I now only check X-Box to appear in Shop 2 its not working

It shows the products in "Whats new" but not the category in the category box.

Is there a way to change the "categories.php"?

Would be nice if someone can help me with this.

Thanx a lot!

Edited by EmmCee

Question about adding other contributions.

I have installed this contribution a while back and installed the new 1.7 and glad I waited. Looks really good, everything installed without a hitch.

Before I go ape wild on packing in contributions, should their be anything I should be aware of that might cause problems with contributions?

Do you have any tips, tricks or advice that might help people understand your changes to make this multi-shop system mod?

Thanks,

Brad

2. not exactly.. the sub-admin can create/edit products/categories they are a distributor for.. and where the product/category is assigned to that distributor.

Hm - that would mean, that when I lets say my Standard Shop-Products are all assigned for distributor "Shop-Master", than a sub-Admin can not edit or delete these products, but he can create edit and delete own Products to categories he is assigned for.

------------------------------------------------------------

But I have still to edit "includes/database_tables.php" manually to make new stores working ?

Can someone explain, for the novice, how to fix these errors.

Thanks!

FoodDude

This Error is still included in Version 1.7 download file !!!

Hobbzilla - could you change it so other users will ot have to search for this error ?

But why did you delete the popup image feature - I think every OSC-user will use it to make the Shop faster !! :huh:

Version 1.7 installed from blank and I have this error again, which I mentioned some month before !!??

HEADING_TITLE_SCHEDULES     

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS' at line 1

select pps.* from products_price_schedules pps left join products_description pd on pps.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '2' LEFT JOIN products_to_stores p2s ON pd.products_id = p2s.products_id where p2s.stores_id in(2) order by pps.products_price_schedules_id LIMIT 0, MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS

:angry:

Version 1.7 installed from blank and I have this error again, which I mentioned some month before !!??

:angry:

In German and Espanol admin/includes/languages are missing some files which are available in admin/includes/languages/englisch/ => insert the new filesfrom there in your language-folder and this errors are corrected.

Don`t know, why this is not changed in the 1.7 contrib as this error was in some versions before....

I would highly suggest making a backup of the database and the active store and have a "restore plan" if something goes wrong. Also if you have any mods you will have to use a code comparison program and will take you about 7-8 hours to make all the code changes. I tried once and it failed, not impressed. Idealy you are better to use a new install and install this contrib and add on the other important mods you wish and then pipe in all your customer data and product info. At that point you can cut it over live.

Cheers.

Edited by Johnson

Question about adding other contributions.

I have installed this contribution a while back and installed the new 1.7 and glad I waited. Looks really good, everything installed without a hitch.

Before I go ape wild on packing in contributions, should their be anything I should be aware of that might cause problems with contributions?

Do you have any tips, tricks or advice that might help people understand your changes to make this? multi-shop system mod?

Thanks,

Brad

Be Aware of? That you have a good WORKING backup of data & files.

Tips, Tricks, Advice? Just remember that some specific versions were deemed a project fork by the osCommerce team and will not be compatible when trying to update to v1.7.

For the most part, if you look at the changes in the code itself, when a contribution you are trying to merge with M-S contains features to display pricing, you should you use the price class instead of the price from the products table.. also, you may want to double check that the product/category/language is enabled for the store you are working on.. in the X_to_stores table's. These instructions are for those of you who do actually know how to read the code.. and make simple modifications.

I installed 1.7, but did I go wrong that in version 1.6 the "popup image big" was built in ?

In Version 1.7 only 1 image is possible... :(

I'm sorry I'm not at liberty to talk about any versions of M-S that aren't availabe for download from the osCommerce contributions section.

This Error is still included in Version 1.7 download file !!!

Hobbzilla - could you change it so other users will ot have to search for this error ?

But why did you delete the popup image feature - I think every OSC-user will use it to make the Shop faster !! :huh:

As soon as some more bugs are reported & features enhanced, I will release the v1.7.1 As for features that were included with prior releases that are no longer available, you will have to take that up with the osCommerce development team. My hands are tied.

For a clean install, it should add 10 minutes to the install time, if you are using a highly modded site, the only answer I can have is "it depends on how heavily modified your site is" For example, if you had stock osC ms2 and did the M-S integrations manually, with the aide of a quality comparision utility, it could take up to 5 hours.

Edited by Johnson

Hi Guys,

I've searched the contribs but have only found 1 that allows users to be added via the admin, "Add Customers" would anybody know of any others?

BTW, thanks for a great contrib, it took a bit to get the latest version up and running but it is now sorted and working fine!

Bob

I'm sorry I'm not at liberty to talk about any versions of M-S that aren't availabe for download from the osCommerce contributions section.

OK - let`s talk about the new Version 1.7 :-" :

Why is the "popup image big" not included ? it would be an improvement which in Standard OSC is missing and most users have to add this feature which is very tricky to install (especially in modified versions like Multi Stores)

;)

OK - let`s talk about the new Version 1.7 :-" :

Why is the "popup image big" not included ? it would be an improvement which in Standard OSC is missing and most users have to add this feature which is very tricky to install (especially in modified versions like Multi Stores)

;)

Runweb, trust me man.. I understand the frustration. It was included. It was banned. It is not included anymore. All I can say is that if you have a previous unnamed version and want to extract the multiple/popup image contribution out of it, and resubmit it as a M-S compatible contribution, please do so! I'm sure there are other users out there like you! That goes for any contribution that you get to work with M-S, resubmit your work for others to use.. (I would prefer you create a new contribution thread, or post it to the existing pre-modified contribution -- but that author may not like that..)

I did answer this in my previous post:

As for features that were included with prior releases that are no longer available, you will have to take that up with the osCommerce development team. My hands are tied.

Hi!

I have a short question, hope someone can help me out with my problem.

I want to add to a new shop only some "sub-categories", but in the category box is only appearing a "->"

When I check the main category too its working, but i want the subcategories shown in the category box.

Categorie Example (only an example, i don't have PS2 etc. ;)):

Multimedia

---> Consoles

------> Play Station 2

------> X-Box

------> Game Cube

When I now only check X-Box to appear in Shop 2 its not working

It shows the products in "Whats new" but not the category in the category box.

Is there a way to change the "categories.php"?

Would be nice if someone can help me with this.

Thanx a lot!

I found a work around that seems to work and may work for you. In 'application_top.php' around line 449 you'll see

//calculate category path

the else statement at the end of that conditional is

$cPath = '';

I simply added 19 which happens to be the cpath that my sub cats are under, so;

$cPath = '19';

Now my substores main category/store name is opened up in the categories infobox showing all sub categories, and the main page also shows the sub categories icons.

MAIN CATEGORY/STORE NAME

- Books

- Audio

- Etc

This works for me. Originaly I only wanted the sub cats of that Main Cat, but I figured it doesnt matter that much. I can get rid of the cat infobox altogether and have the sub cats icons listed on the index page now.

If there are any problems you more experienced folk can see with this please let me know.

Matt Mika

Installed Contributions: Multi-Stores, QTPro, CCGV(trad), Batch Print, EasyPopulate, Simple Manual Order Entry, Encrypting Credit Card Via Mcrypt, UPSXML, Down for Maintenance, On The Fly GD Thumbs, SPPC, SPPC Hide, and various personal tweaks

I found a work around that seems to work and may work for you. In 'application_top.php' around line 449 you'll see

//calculate category path

the else statement at the end of that conditional is

$cPath = '';

I simply added 19 which happens to be the cpath that my sub cats are under, so;

$cPath = '19';

Now my substores main category/store name is opened up in the categories infobox showing all sub categories, and the main page also shows the sub categories icons.

MAIN CATEGORY/STORE NAME

-          Books

-          Audio

-          Etc

This works for me. Originaly I only wanted the sub cats of that Main Cat, but I figured it doesnt matter that much. I can get rid of the cat infobox altogether and have the sub cats icons listed on the index page now.

If there are any problems you more experienced folk can see with this please let me know.

Thanks a lot rotaour.

It is not exactly what I wanted, but it helps me for the moment.

I still have to "activate" the main category and it's still shown on the page.

Does someone has another solution?

Thanks!

Hey Ryan,

1 more question I swear its my last :huh:

Have you or has anyone asked you if Easy Populate works by default if I install it after your multi store contrib is installed? Im not sure if you are familar with that contrib. I have installed it and I can export the contents of my inventory just fine, but when i go to import the same or anyother cvs file it will not update. My guess is cause the database has changed a tad with your contrib and something is not lining up they way its expecting, but I just dont know. This is just about my last step and my clients site is good to go. And you have saved me just about 100 hrs of labor.

Thanks.

Brian