• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

Hi,

I've got a question: I found the shared shopping carts mod on this forum. But it only works when the user is logged in on both shops (two different domains). If the user is not logged in, it keeps the shopping carts seperated.

Maybe it's not the meaning of the contribution but it really would be nice if it could work.

Hi all,

Reading the possibilities of this contri I was very excited! After installing on a fresh oscommerce 2.2 there were NO errors.....pff. Only when I want to make a distributor the field name of the new distributor stays emtpy after inserting......?! No errors but also blank distributors........... I allready search this thread but couldn't find the answer. Am I the onlyone with this problem........?!

regards,

Chris

P.S. I used the 1.7 version

Hi Ryan,

Indeed, I'm speaking of inserting a distributor under Admin.

The shop is at www.perucken.de, as you can see without errors etc.

1 uploaded fresh oscommerce

2 uploaded fresh database

3 simple method install contri

4 updated the database from the contri

If you like I'll mail you the details admin side so you can see it yourself?

laterssssssss,

Chris

Hobzilla, thanks for the reply, but it tells me little to nothing. Bare with me, I'm still quite green when it comes to php. With a 'vanilla' install of OSC everything works fine, in fact, I had a test version running with over 500 products that worked flawlessly after proper config, I only get the problem after trying to install M-S on a fresh OSC install. Now I assume this is a config issue.

What confuses me is the default configure.php's have no values in the db info except (DB_SERVER_USERNAME, 'mysql') in the admin version and (DB_DATABASE, 'osCommerce') in both. And all the DB connects worked fine in a 'vanilla' store, yet I dont have a 'mysql' user in my DB nor is the DB called osCommerce. Is the db info stored elsewhere as well?

you need to double check your login user & password in the configure.php files

Right now I have username='mysql', DB='myDB', and no server or pass in both configure.php files and the pages are coming up. The admin properly prompts me for password and all that jazz. Is this right? What IS supposed to be in the configure.php files?

My other problem is that my default catalog images are not coming up, yet the admin section ones are. After incessant messing with the paths in 'My Store' I still havent been able to get them up. All my broken image paths are http:///images/oscommerce.gif.

CORRECTION/EDIT - Actually the problem is the document root is not showing up at all in the catalog. Links URLS come up like http:///contact_us.php. Now I know the paths are set right, could a vhost account be causing this?

Any and ALL tips, suggestions, and/or resource links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by rotaour

Matt Mika

Installed Contributions: Multi-Stores, QTPro, CCGV(trad), Batch Print, EasyPopulate, Simple Manual Order Entry, Encrypting Credit Card Via Mcrypt, UPSXML, Down for Maintenance, On The Fly GD Thumbs, SPPC, SPPC Hide, and various personal tweaks

Well, I believe I got my probs sorted out.

For some reason my 'Catalog File System Path' in the 'Multi-stores' page wasnt working, so in admin/includes/configurephp I set

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/dev.xpapparel.com/httpdocs');

&

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG);

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/');

Now all the admin section seems to work right.(so far)

Then my document root problem in the catalog was because of no 'HTTP_SERVER' setting and some misplace slashes in the configure.

But I have uncovered a new problem. When I try to create a new account the M-S version of create_account.php tries to insert into 'customers_info_source_id' in TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO. That field does not exist in my DB nor does it exist in the 'update.sql' file included with the M-S1.7 distribution. What are the parameters for this field?

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Mika

Installed Contributions: Multi-Stores, QTPro, CCGV(trad), Batch Print, EasyPopulate, Simple Manual Order Entry, Encrypting Credit Card Via Mcrypt, UPSXML, Down for Maintenance, On The Fly GD Thumbs, SPPC, SPPC Hide, and various personal tweaks

Hi hobbzilla.

My site is http://www.novaltia.com

The version of multi-stores is the V1.4

Well. When i stay in the first page called "Multimedia" and i find for example "pda" in the search box. The site doesn?t meet nothing. And i have products in the pda store.

How i solve this problem?

Sorry for my english.

Regards from Spain.

But I have uncovered a new problem. When I try to create a new account the M-S version of create_account.php tries to insert into 'customers_info_source_id' in TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO. That field does not exist in my DB nor does it exist in the 'update.sql' file included with the M-S1.7 distribution. What are the parameters for this field?

Thanks,

Matt

This is an easy fix.

Open create_account.php, in line 214 remove

customers_info_source_id

and

'". (int)$source . "'

so the line look like this:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " (customers_info_id, customers_info_date_of_last_logon, customers_info_number_of_logons, customers_info_date_account_created, customers_info_date_account_last_modified, customers_info_stores_id) values ('" . (int)$customer_id . "', now(), '1', now(), now(), '" . STORES_ID . "')");

This is just some leftovers in the code from the previuos version, so just remove it.

// Fredrik

Ryan,

Can the Log In To Administer screen be disabled or eliminated? I will be the only one administering it, plus for some reason it is not allowing me in using the default ID and password "admin". I think this is a problem with my webhost not your contrib. Please be specific on what I would need to do as I'm a novice.

Thanks.

FoodDude

Can someone explain, for the novice, how to fix these errors.

Thanks!

FoodDude

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_popup_image' in 'field list'

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_popup_image, p.products_price, p.products_cog1, p.products_cog2, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.distributors_id, p.manufacturers_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '22' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

Hey Ryan,

Im in real need of testing your contribution. I have a client that could really use this. But I have a problem. This what I did:

I first unpacked a fresh copy of oscommerce to my server. I then created the database and ran the oscommerce installation. It installed fine and was in working order. I then unpacked your contrib and copied and pasted every file from the contrib to the appropriate folders in the new oscommerce installation which overwrote some of its original files. I then try to go to the page of my commerce site and this is what i get:

1146 - Table 'catalog2.languages_to_stores' doesn't exist

select l.languages_id, l.name, l.code, l.image, l.directory from languages l LEFT JOIN languages_to_stores l2s ON

l.languages_id = l2s.languages_id WHERE l2s.stores_id = 'STORES_ID' order by sort_order

[TEP STOP]*******************

I then try to go to the admin page and I get this:

1146 - Table 'catalog2.administrators' doesn't exist

update administrators set administrators_selected_stores_id = '1' where administrators_id = '0'

[TEP STOP]********************

For the first error listed above, I created the table in the database 'languages_to_stores' but then when goingto the main page of the site, all that shows up is a blank page.

Sorry for the lengthy post. But if you could help at all I would really really appreciate it.

Brian

Could someone explain step 9 of 1.7 install. I'm not sure what exactly to save or where and how to save it. Do I need to create a new subdomain for each store?

How do I correctly re-configure /includes/configure.php and includes/database_tables.php's TABLE_CONFIGURATION value (to the value specified in admin store creation)?

Please keep it simple.

Thanks.

FoodDude

Firstly, sorry it has been a while since I've responded. I've been out of town.

My first thought was to do a pretty basic solution for this. And that would be to crosslinking the configure.php on server 2 to server 1. On server 1 I put several customised configure.php, one for each sub-store.

I have just played with this briefly but it didn't turn out that well. Do you know if it is possible to do it like this?

// Fredrik

Yes, but if you use the link command, they can still see the contents of the file and thus view the user/password.

Hi,

I've got a question: I found the shared shopping carts mod on this forum. But it only works when the user is logged in on both shops (two different domains). If the user is not logged in, it keeps the shopping carts seperated.

Maybe it's not the meaning of the contribution but it really would be nice if it could work.

This contrib doesn't share the carts between the stores by default, if you hacked that portion of the code perhaps they author of that hack can help you out..

Hi Ryan,

Indeed, I'm speaking of inserting a distributor under Admin.

The shop is at www.perucken.de, as you can see without errors etc.

1 uploaded fresh oscommerce

2 uploaded fresh database

3 simple method install contri

4 updated the database from the contri

If you like I'll mail you the details admin side so you can see it yourself?

laterssssssss,

Chris

Chris: yes please e-mail or PM me so I can see what it is doing.

Hi hobbzilla.

My site is http://www.novaltia.com

The version of multi-stores is the V1.4

Well. When i stay in the first page called "Multimedia" and i find for example "pda" in the  search box. The site doesn?t meet nothing. And i have products in the pda store.

How i solve this problem?

Sorry for my english.

Regards from Spain.

You will need to remove the check for STORES_ID in the advanced_search & advanced_search_results files.

Ryan,

Can the Log In To Administer screen be disabled or eliminated?  I will be the only one administering it, plus for some reason it is not allowing me in using the default ID and password "admin".  I think this is a problem with my webhost not your contrib.  Please be specific on what I would need to do as I'm a novice. 

Thanks.

FoodDude

Yes it can be disabled.. but why? Loging in provides a measure of security not found in default osC.. even if are the only one using the admin..

Can someone explain, for the novice, how to fix these errors.

Thanks!

FoodDude

Simply delete p.products_popup_image, p.products_cog1, p.products_cog2, from the Select statement.

I.e.

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_popup_image, p.products_price, p.products_cog1, p.products_cog2, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.distributors_id, p.manufacturers_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '22' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

Hey Ryan,

Im in real need of testing your contribution.  I have a client that could really use this.  But I have a problem.  This what I did:

I first unpacked a fresh copy of oscommerce to my server.  I then created the database and ran the oscommerce installation.  It installed fine and was in working order.  I then unpacked your contrib and copied and pasted every file from the contrib to the appropriate folders in the new oscommerce installation which overwrote some of its original files.  I then try to go to the page of my commerce site and this is what i get:

1146 - Table 'catalog2.languages_to_stores' doesn't exist

select l.languages_id, l.name, l.code, l.image, l.directory from languages l LEFT JOIN languages_to_stores l2s ON

l.languages_id = l2s.languages_id WHERE l2s.stores_id = 'STORES_ID' order by sort_order

[TEP STOP]*******************

I then try to go to the admin page and I get this:

1146 - Table 'catalog2.administrators' doesn't exist

update administrators set administrators_selected_stores_id = '1' where administrators_id = '0'

[TEP STOP]********************

For the first error listed above, I created the table in the database 'languages_to_stores' but then when goingto the main page of the site, all that shows up is a blank page.

Sorry for the lengthy post.  But if you could help at all I would really really appreciate it.

Brian

Did you run the update.sql against the database?

Could someone explain step 9 of 1.7 install.  I'm not sure what exactly to save or where and how to save it.  Do I need to create a new subdomain for each store? 

How do I correctly re-configure /includes/configure.php and includes/database_tables.php's TABLE_CONFIGURATION value (to the value specified in admin store creation)?

Please keep it simple.

Thanks.

FoodDude

After you have successfully setup the M-S contrib you simply make a copy of the install folder "catalog" and duplicate it to say "catalog2". This catalog2 can be subdomain, another directory, or copied to an entire new domain.

You will then need to modify configure.php to reflect the new path ie..

/home/user/catalog => /home/user/catalog2

OR

/home/user/catalog => /home/new_user/catalog

etc. etc.

and change the configuration table define database_tables.php for each store to that which you setup at store creation in admin

Hi

I think I encountered an error with version 1.7 of Multi-Stores Multiple Shops.

Situation:

I set up a store which only contains products in german language. If I put a product into the shopping cart the total for the products is 0 instead of the correct price.

How to solve:

includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

line

function calculate() {

$this->total = 0;

replace with

function calculate() {

global $languages_id;

$this->total = 0;

line

if ($product = $pf->loadProduct($products_id)){

replace with

if ($product = $pf->loadProduct($products_id, $languages_id)){

Ralph

Ryan,

In catalog2/includes/configure.php I changed define('DIR_FS_CATALOG' ... from catalog to catalog2. Do I also need to change the following to catalog2:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/ecommerce/os/catalog/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/ecommerce/os/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/ecommerce/os/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/ecommerce/os/catalog/'

In step 9 of the install I saved the catalog folder as a directory named catalog2. When I go in as a user the default store/store1 comes up but I don't see store2. How is store2 seen by the customer? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

FoodDude

FoodDude

First I am sorry I did not reply to your other question, I haven't been getting any notifications for this forum.

An answer to your first part of your post is yes, the paths need to reflect the new store. if you are not using https don't bother puting that info.

to answer your second part of your post; there are two ways to do this, the one is just to direct the visitor to the new directory, but I think that the best way is to create a subdomain to point to the second store directory. this allows a redirect to take place when a visitor wants to go to the second store.

example

if i set up a store at http://www.dogyummies.com and want to setup a second store for cat treats, i would first create a subdirectory cattreats on the server (which normally creats the directory cattreats) and then follow the instructions to create the second store.

once this is done, i would go to the first store at http://www.dogyummies.com and if i want to go to the second store i would go to http://cattreats.dogyummies.com

Hope this helps.

Ryan,

In catalog2/includes/configure.php I changed define('DIR_FS_CATALOG' ... from catalog to catalog2.  Do I also need to change the following to catalog2: 

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/ecommerce/os/catalog/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/ecommerce/os/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/ecommerce/os/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/ecommerce/os/catalog/'

In step 9 of the install I saved the catalog folder as a directory named catalog2.  When I go in as a user the default store/store1 comes up but I don't see store2.  How is store2 seen by the customer?  Am I missing something?

Thanks.

FoodDude

Ok, so I went from 1.4 to 1.7.

I uploaded and overwrote all the files. I retained my configuration.php file with the proper configuration variables and stylesheet.css. I cannot run the update.sql file because I'm updating my store. How is one supposed to update a store with a fresh install when there are customers and products? The precise error I get is:

1054 - Unknown column 's.stores_id' in 'where clause'

select s.specials_new_products_price from specials s where products_id = '28' and status = '1' AND (s.stores_id = '1')

Just underneath the "categories" on the left side. The admin pages work fine. Any help would be appreciated.

2 Questions:

1.) I made 4 catalog copies with modified config-files in it.

All is working so far, but when I add a product and decide to have it only in store 2 and store 4 - not in 1 and 3, than it doesn`t work

Products are only shown, when store "default" is set and then it is visible in all stores.

And:

When I deactivat a category in default store with products in it, then in the stores the product is visible but not the category where it is defined in.

2.) What is the "Cross Sell Function" good for ?

Any Idea (especially) for Problem 1 ?

=================================

GREAT CONTRIBUTION AND CONGRAT. FOR YOUR RETURN INTO OSC-CONTRIB-SECTION !!

OSC Webmakers Edition modiefied with many other contribs and enhancements.

+ STS 4.5.7 for 2.2MS2 and RC1

I have a prob similar to FoodDudes,

Heres my problem:

My default store runs fine. I have added 2 more stores/catalogs following the directions (i think). When I try to go to either of the new stores I get a blank page.

Heres my directories:

c:\www\webroot\catalog (default)

c:\www\webroot\taft (new store1)

c:\www\webroot\wacker (new store2)

heres the configure.php for store1

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/taft/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/taft/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'C:/www/webroot/taft/');

heres the database_tables.phpfor store1

define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION', 'taft');

If I change 'TABLE_CONFIGURATION' to the default stores value the page comes up, but ofcourse with the configuration of the default store.

I do have all the paths set for each of the stores in the admin by the way.

I know I must be missing something small, but my brain is small so Im at a loss.

Thanks all in advance.

Brian