• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

I have the same problem as johnadurcan Posted on: Jul 21 2004, 11:43 PM in this thread.

I can't find an answer to this problem.

Checked and double checked the query in index.htm...

But no result...

Can anyone give me some help?

Regards,

Alex

This is a known issue and is resolved in version 1.7.

Thanks.

Will version 1.7 work smoothly together with B2BSUITE?

Or is there any known problem to combine these contribs.

// Fredrik

I am actually not that familiar with B2B suite at what it accomplishes... this contrib is based off of ms2 so, I would imagine it is compatible but will require some editing to make the two contributions integrated.

p.s. 1.7 will be released tomorrow!

v 1.7 is available!

Delivered as promised on Feb. 1st 2005! (okay, okay.. a second promise..)

Download it at the contributions section:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1730

v1.7 - 02/01/05

--------------------------

- Updated Admin to allow multiple logins

- Specials _really_ work now per store

- Added Quantity Pricing module that is customer based

- Pricing Schedules available per store

- Shopping cart box not displaying for non-logged in users

- Added Distributors for ease of administration of products & categories

- Included language multi-stores functionality

- Code optimization

- Display logged in user in title bar

- Don't show language box if only 1 language is enabled for store

- Auto populate lang_to_store values for default store

- Moved administration side catalog paths into DB

- Catalog logo pulled from Store logo (if exists)

Yes it is finally here the update to version 1.? and 1.? from 1.4!! Hopefully here to stay.... that is!

Edited by hobbzilla

Great work, but can we get V1.7 in a zip file instead of a tar file? I can't open the tar file for some reason.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Greg

I will see about uploading it to a zip file.. however I believe there is a restriction in the zip file size of 300k which is why I used the tar/gzip format. Are you running windows? Have you tried Power Archiver?

~zilla

Do you know if this contribution will work for the following situation?

We have a bookstore where we sell products from different "providers". Some of our products are dropshipped from the providers and some are shipped directly by us. Here is the problem:

We were using a shopping cart and having it calculate real-time shipping. However, that cart does not have functionality for calculating real-time shipping from multiple locations. We need to have multiple "warehouses" and each product is associated with 1 warehouse. Each warehouse will have its own address (one in NY and one in CA, for example). If a customer orders 2 books and one is from the warehouse in NY and one is in CA, we need the real-time shipping to calculate the 2 separate shipping charges and add them together to come up with the total shipping.

Thanks,

Cindy

Cindy,

You may want to have a look at the following:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,969

This contribution allows each store to have their own independant shipping rates however if items appear in the same store and checkout will ship from different locations, and you are needing shipping rates based on those locations, then to answer your question "no" this contribution wasn't designed for that. This contrib has the usability to tell different "warehouses" that they NEED to ship the item.. however the individual rating component on a per product basis is not built-in.

HTH,

Ryan

Do you know if this contribution will work for the following situation?

We have a bookstore where we sell products from different "providers". Some of our products are dropshipped from the providers and some are shipped directly by us. Here is the problem:

We were using a shopping cart and having it calculate real-time shipping. However, that cart does not have functionality for calculating real-time shipping from multiple locations. We need to have multiple "warehouses" and each product is associated with 1 warehouse. Each warehouse will have its own address (one in NY and one in CA, for example). If a customer orders 2 books and one is from the warehouse in NY and one is in CA, we need the real-time shipping to calculate the 2 separate shipping charges and add them together to come up with the total shipping.

Thanks,

Cindy

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_popup_image' in 'field list'

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_popup_image, p.products_price, p.products_cog1, p.products_cog2, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.distributors_id, p.manufacturers_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '22' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_cog1' in 'field list'

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_popup_image, p.products_price, p.products_cog1, p.products_cog2, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.distributors_id, p.manufacturers_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '12' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

Thanks for the errors.. apparently I missed taking out a few things from the previous "un-named" version!

:blush:

You can safely remove the 2 fields in the select statement as they are no longer used as well as cog2.

-Ryan

Edited by hobbzilla

I noticed a little error when you try to create an account

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_info_source_id' in 'field list'

insert into customers_info (customers_info_id, customers_info_date_of_last_logon, customers_info_number_of_logons, customers_info_date_account_created, customers_info_date_account_last_modified, customers_info_source_id, customers_info_stores_id) values ('3', now(), '1', now(), now(), '0', '2')

[TEP STOP]

I beleive this is just some fragments from the "un-named" version for localizing where the customer found the shop (google, advetising, mouth-to-moth etc.).

I also beleive its just to find it in catalog/create_account.php and delete the 'customers_info_source_id'-part.

// Fredrik

I notice another thing.

When you log in as admin and look on reports, you can see all the sales, just as you should.

But when you log in as a "sub-shop-owner" and click on Reports ->Customer Orders-Total it does not show anything, even though this "sub-shop-owner" has generated a sale.

does anyone know what to do?

// Fredrik

I notice another thing.

When you log in as admin and look on reports, you can see all the sales, just as you should.

But when you log in as a "sub-shop-owner" and click on Reports ->Customer Orders-Total it does not show anything, even though this "sub-shop-owner" has generated a sale.

does anyone know what to do?

// Fredrik

If I remember correctly (and quite a bit of the reporting & security model is not fully robust...) the problem stems from the distributor_id field. Whereas the distributor_id of the lesser-admin needs to be able to have access to the stores and products involved. I will admit the hierachy of security leaves much to be improved.

-Ryan

I have a 1.7 install step 4 problem. I'm not allowed to Log In To Administer. I checked my database for Administrators, the username is admin but the password was some long random set of numbers and letters. I changed the password to admin but it's still not working.

Thanks!

FoodDude

What looks like a random numbers are actually the encoded admin password. If you put in a clear text password, it will not work or should not work.

try replacing what you put into the DB with the following

21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3

it is the encoded password 'admin'

Greg

If I have the shops on different servers, would it be possible to place the database information (username and pass) for all sub-shops on the master shop's server for security reason?

I played with this a bit but I couldn't get it to work.

// Fredrik

If I have the shops on different servers, would it be possible to place the database information (username and pass) for all sub-shops on the master shop's server for security reason?

I played with this a bit but I couldn't get it to work.

// Fredrik

I am a little confused by what you mean.

Given:

If you have master shop (With admin) on server1

and shop2 on sever2

and shop3 on server3

what are you trying to accomplish? If this given doesn't hold true, please specify your situation.

I got the same two errors after two install tries;

On the admin:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'mysql@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /httpdocs/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

On the catalog:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /httpdocs/includes/functions/database.php on line 20

I figured the DB login info would be pulled from the db, but it doesnt seem to be. I have entered my db info into the configure.php files and it seems to work although my store image, etc. paths seem to be wrong. Am I heading in the right direction? Is my DB password going to be safe in /includes/configure.php? Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Mika

Installed Contributions: Multi-Stores, QTPro, CCGV(trad), Batch Print, EasyPopulate, Simple Manual Order Entry, Encrypting Credit Card Via Mcrypt, UPSXML, Down for Maintenance, On The Fly GD Thumbs, SPPC, SPPC Hide, and various personal tweaks

I am a little confused by what you mean.

Given:

If you have master shop (With admin) on server1

and shop2 on sever2

and shop3 on server3

what are you trying to accomplish?  If this given doesn't hold true, please specify your situation.

I'm going to use this contrib to put up a store and fill it with products, then Im going to give away sub-stores to some other people, webmasters and companys. They will most of the time host the catalog part of osc on thier own servers.

To keep the database secure for hacking it would be nice if I dont have to put the database information on thier servers. As it is now the database name, username and password resides in catalog/includes/configure.php, and it is there on server 1 as well on server 2 and server 3.

If you have full control of all the different servers and shops yourself, this is not an security problem. But since people I dont know will have access to this as it is now I wonder if it would be possible to find a solution for this.

// Fredrik

I got the same two errors after two install tries;

On the admin:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'mysql@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /httpdocs/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

On the catalog:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /httpdocs/includes/functions/database.php on line 20

I figured the DB login info would be pulled from the db, but it doesnt seem to be. I have entered my db info into the configure.php files and it seems to work although my store image, etc. paths seem to be wrong. Am I heading in the right direction? Is my DB password going to be safe in /includes/configure.php? Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Okay, in order to connect to the database, the login information can't be stored in the database.. that is a chicken and the egg scenario. Anyways, your errors aren't from M-S contribution, you need to double check your login user & password in the configure.php files.

I'm going to use this contrib to put up a store and fill it with products, then Im going to give away sub-stores to some other people, webmasters and companys. They will most of the time host the catalog part of osc on thier own servers.

To keep the database secure for hacking it would be nice if I dont have to put the database information on thier servers. As it is now the database name, username and password resides in catalog/includes/configure.php, and it is there on server 1 as well on server 2 and server 3.

If you have full control of all the different servers and shops yourself, this is not an security problem. But since people I dont know will have access to this as it is now I wonder if it would be possible to find a solution for this.

// Fredrik

Fredrik, unfortunately what you are asking cannot really be accomplished.. you are wanting the other servers who need to pull information from the database to somehow not store the credentials needed to access the database.. again, you want them to be able to connect and pull information from the database (customer, products, etc., etc., but in order to do that, you will need to allow them access to the mySQL server.. which is most namely accomplished through usernames & passwords... I have personally never done it.. but it may be worth looking into authentication by other means. Client certificates or ip address, or a combination of security authentication mechanisms... however, most people just have to bear with the fact that if you want to verify that you are someone, you need a username and password!!

One thing of note, YOU CAN TIGHTEN security with username/passwords by creating multiple users with privledges that they only need... mostly SELECT on all tables and a few update or insert privledges for new customer's, address books, whos_online, etc. etc. Far more involved than what I can respond to in this post. Do a search and read up on mySQL security...

HTH

Thanks Greg.

I re entered the encoded admin password but I'm still not allowed access when I enter admin for the username and password. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Bo

FoodDude

What looks like a random numbers are actually the encoded admin password. If you put in a clear text password, it will not work or should not work.

try replacing what you put into the DB with the following

21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3

it is the encoded password 'admin'

Greg

Fredrik, unfortunately what you are asking cannot really be accomplished.. you are wanting the other servers who need to pull information from the database to somehow not store the credentials needed to access the database.. again, you want them to be able to connect and pull information from the database (customer, products, etc., etc., but in order to do that, you will need to allow them access to the mySQL server.. which is most namely accomplished through usernames & passwords... I have personally never done it.. but it may be worth looking into authentication by other means.  Client certificates or ip address, or a combination of security authentication mechanisms... however, most people just have to bear with the fact that if you want to verify that you are someone, you need a username and password!!

HTH

My first thought was to do a pretty basic solution for this. And that would be to crosslinking the configure.php on server 2 to server 1. On server 1 I put several customised configure.php, one for each sub-store.

I have just played with this briefly but it didn't turn out that well. Do you know if it is possible to do it like this?

// Fredrik