• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

I dont know if this is a bug or anything.

I added a product in store #1

the url is www.domain.com/shop/catalog

then I log into my account for checkout.

I type in the browser url www.domain.com/shop/catalog1

the product that I added in shop #1 will show up in the shopping cart of shop #2

Is this a bug? or I did somthing wrong?

Jimmy,

I responded to your question about this. I have verified that when everything is set up correctly, the stores do not share shopping carts.

Do you have a site url so I could look at this?

I really think this is a configuration issue on your side.

Hi ~Zilla

How?s the one Admin does all coming along, looking forward to it. I have a few questions about possible installation problems. I have read the forum and the installation instructions and looked at the files and it sounds like for installation you would like your contribution to go over a fresh installation of osc2.2.

This concerns me because the idea is that we are running one shop at the moment selling both Mac and Pc products and I would like to take the current data form this and split it into two shops, one with Mac products and one with Pc products and some products in both, some customers in one and some in the other and be able to admin them form one admin. I have spent quite a lot of time inputting the 200 plus products into the current mixed store and it would be good if I did not have to do this over again.

Would it just be a case of being able to modify the current database to take into account your update, making it possible to keep the current data like products, orders and customers.

Also we are running the Admin access levels contribution, will I be able to use this with the Multi Store one admin.

We would like to be able to do this within the next week or so, and we would not mind helping towards costs in finishing the solution which we are looking for.

Thank you for your help.

Richard

Hi.

I am using MS1 release with contributions installed already. I dont want to upgrade to MS2, but I need to get this Multi-stores system to work. I am willing to pay a price if someone is able do it since I dont know how to program php. According to the programmer of this contribution, the multi-stores system should work on MS1 release.

Unless there is an easy way for me to upgrade MS1 to MS2 with the contributions I have installed on MS1!!??

if you run the sql and update your live database you can then just run another query to populate the store_id's by category number. using one configuration file for both stores is possible, by setting the store_id inside the page instead of loading from the control file. this might help with using one control panel to do all the admin but i will give it some more thought this afternoon.

How?s the one Admin does all coming along, looking forward to it. I have a few questions about possible installation problems. I have read the forum and the installation instructions and looked at the files and it sounds like for installation you would like your contribution to go over a fresh installation of osc2.2.

This concerns me because the idea is that we are running one shop at the moment selling both Mac and Pc products and I would like to take the current data form this and split it into two shops, one with Mac products and one with Pc products and some products in both, some customers in one and some in the other and be able to admin them form one admin. I have spent quite a lot of time inputting the 200 plus products into the current mixed store and it would be good if I did not have to do this over again.

Would it just be a case of being able to modify the current database to take into account your update, making it possible to keep the current data like products, orders and customers.

Also we are running the Admin access levels contribution, will I be able to use this with the Multi Store one admin.

We would like to be able to do this within the next week or so, and we would not mind helping towards costs in finishing the solution which we are looking for.

Thank you for your help.

Richard,

The super admin is coming along nicely. It is being completed in my spare time so it is pretty touch and go. I feel like a lot of people are taking notice to this contrib and simpler installation instructions and handholding in the install guide are in order. You don't need to install this contrib over a vanilla MS2 (it is just easier that way). This contrib was written with MS2 in mind (and will be re-released with MS3 compatibility when finished also). Developers do not like to try and keep current with CVS as was the whole idea of the milestone releases. So, that being said, as long as you are using MS2 you can incorporate my mod by hand (searching for the keyword "multi-store" or by using a comparison editor (Beyond Compare is what I use).

AFAIK, you won't have a problem with the Admin access levels contrib (although it might not incorporate the access portion without your editing. I certainly can't release a version with each other contrib in mind .. so it might take some editing & php skill on your part.

In short, you should have no problem updating your current store so you don't have to re-input your product / customer / order data. But then again if you backup your DB there isn't a problem .. you can simple re-import them. If it were me, I would just modify your current store AFTER you back everything up.

Richard,

The super admin is coming along nicely. It is being completed in my spare time so it is pretty touch and go. I feel like a lot of people are taking notice to this contrib and simpler installation instructions and handholding in the install guide are in order. You don't need to install this contrib over a vanilla MS2 (it is just easier that way)................

Thanks for the words of encouragement if dose sound posable I am going to start a couple of test sites and you are right as long as I back up there should be know probs, I may need some direction with the php but I will keep yous informed on how it goes.

Good luck with the super admin let us know now it goes.

:D

Richard

Multi-Stores v1.2 has been released!

This includes the new super-admin functionality whereas one admin can rule all configuration for all stores. Much improved store database creation (option for table creation & population at store creation time). Please let me know what you think!

GET IT HERE

Updated Installation Instructions

Included manufacturers_to_stores ability

Added super-admin functionality

Fixed several bugs relating to cPath being shown when product wasn't enabled for store

Optimized display of boxes relating to products

hi hobbzilla,

great job!!

but in the sql-file is a simple error. there is a "," too much..

error-sql:

INSERT INTO stores (stores_id, stores_name, stores_image, stores_url, stores_config_table, stores_status, stores_admin_selected, date_added) VALUES ('1', 'Default', 'oscommerce.gif', 'http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/', 'configuration', '1',,'1', now());

fixed sql:

INSERT INTO stores (stores_id, stores_name, stores_image, stores_url, stores_config_table, stores_status, stores_admin_selected, date_added) VALUES ('1', 'Default', 'oscommerce.gif', 'http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/', 'configuration', '1','1', now());

WAR is not the answer!

Step 1: Install Stock osC 2.2MS2

Step 2: Download Latest version of Multi-Stores Contribution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1730

Step 3: Unzip files and copy them over 2.2MS2 installation (both admin & catalog)

Step 4: Run the update.sql against the proper osC db.

Step 5: Go to /admin -> catalog -> stores -> "Insert" (enter info -- at least a name) continue until you are finished for each store.

-- YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE A SINGLE STORE (/catalog) WITH 0 products in it.

Step 6: Copy /catalog and rename it whatever you like however many times you like (1 for each store)

Step 7: Open /catalog/install/oscommerce.sql and copy all of the

INSERT INTO configuration statements and paste them into your favorite text editor.

Step 8: Do a search and replace for "INSERT INTO configuration" and replace with "INSERT INTO store2_configuration" (or naming them something of value "chuckstools_configuration".

Step9: Update the osC sql db with the modified INSERT statments. Repeat Step 8 & 9 for each store (*making sure to change # or name for each store)

Step10: Go to admin -> catalog and assign categories & products to the stores you desire.

Step11: Enjoy.

Well, I did this step by step and I add products in the first store and the first store shows the products. But when i add products in the second store the products don?t appear in the second catalog.

Please, help me.

Thanks and greetings from Spain.

These step by step instructions are no longer the de facto standard. With the release v1.2, I have included in the admin the creation & population of the sample configuration parameters in the stock osc.

You should now just:

1) Take stock osc and overwrite all the files included in the contrib in their respective directories (or if you have heavy modifications to osc2.2 MS2 you should update it by hand using a file comparitor or search each file for "multi-store" and look for the difference -- I would invest in a good file comparision tool i.e. Beyond Compare) .

2) Run most current update.sql against the osc database.

3) Now you should have one store that is mult-store enabled. yourdomain.com/catalog

4) copy /catalog to /catalog2

5) log into catalog/admin and create new store taking note of the configuration table name.

6) go to catalog2/includes and modify database_tables.php's definition for configuration table to what was noted in step 5.

7) update catalog2/includes/configure.php with the correct path information since it was copied from catalog (ie. catalog => catalog2, etc.)

8) you should now have 2 stores enabled with 0 products & categories.

9) goto catalog/admin (super-admin) and add products to various stores and it should work.

HTH

Hi Zilla

Once you posted the new version with the super admin I down loaded and configured two stores with in a day. There were a few sticking points manly because of my incompetence, and stupidity, but I got there in the end. It was because I missed the step were you go into the data base and change the store ID in the associated configuration table. I did not see it menchioned in the docs, am I stupid or is it not there, as it maybe a good addition to the docs if not.

Thanks again for the work on the super admin and the contribution as a whole. And thanks for the support and response in the forum.

Richard

Richard,

With the latest release, as long as you check "Insert default configuration table?" in store creation in admin (which will create and populate a new configuration database for the new store), you don't need to go into the database to create or change the STORE_ID. It is created for you automagically! Then the only thing you are required to do is to update your new stores configure.php & database_tables.php in the includes directory.

HTH

first of all, thanks for the contribution, hobzilla!

i went through all the configuration steps (i think) and i've got the store up and running, i can assign products to the various stores, change store details, etc. but products show up in my second store with a price of $0 where in the main store the price is reflected accurately.

i'm guessing i missed something, what could it be? many thanks in advance!

regards.

ronel.

Hi all,

the idea behind this contrib is impressing, but I am stuck at the second file I change. As we run the Admin access levels contribution, it doen't seem to be a good idea to edit the admin/index.php.

Any suggestions on what I could do? Our shop is heavily modified, both contribution and own implementations, so ther is no way to go back to a defined point and start from ther.

Thx in advance,

Michael

Not because it is difficult we don't dare to do it, but because we don't dare to do it, it is difficult. (Seneca)

...products show up in my second store with a price of $0 where in the main store the price is reflected accurately.

Sorry, I haven't seen this problem before. I would double check the install and make sure that you have updated all the files. If that has been done the only thing I can think of is that another contribution is hindering the correct functionality.

I have my multi-stores enabled sites loaded with quite a few other contribs and have not run into any problems that I couldn't easily fix. Perhaps if you let us know what other contribs you installed, other members of the board as well as myself could help troubleshoot.

Other than that... I'm at a loss.

Hi all,

the idea behind this contrib is impressing, but I am stuck at the second file I change. As we run the Admin access levels contribution, it doen't seem to be a good idea to edit the admin/index.php.

Any suggestions on what I could do? Our shop is heavily modified, both contribution and own implementations, so ther is no way to go back to a defined point and start from ther.

Thx in advance,

Michael

The changes that I've made on admin/index.php certainly could be made on any other page in the admin (perhaps one that you have enabled for admin w/access controls that only the admin has rights to).

The store selector on the admin/index.php basically is there to tell the admin which configuration table to use (which is tied to quite a bit on the admin side) however the selector is not entirely needed in order to view orders, change catalog/products, view customers, etc. Really it is there for everything under "configuration" and "modules" Therefore you could easily move that selector to the /admin/configuration.php page. If a user has access to modify the store settings, they could possibly have rights to modify other store settings as well. If this is not the case perhaps you shouldn't use a super-admin implementation... but rather a modified admin for each individual store.

Hello Ryan,

thx for the suggestion, I will try to move the code somewhere else.

One last question (I hope so): Are there any known issues mith UltraPics + HTML Editor from MaxiDVD?

Greetings, Michael

Not because it is difficult we don't dare to do it, but because we don't dare to do it, it is difficult. (Seneca)

Zilla and all

With the latest release, as long as you check "Insert default configuration table?" in store creation in admin ........

Hi, yes I was being stupid and making it hard for myself.

I seem to have come up an other problem. After doing a fresh install with the new version I seem to be having intermittent problems adding and editing products. When I go to preview a product before submitting it there is nothing there, it is like I am submitting a blink product, and low and behold when I do it is an empty product. I have not come across this before so I think that it is something to do with part of your contribution or me messing up the code during the update procedure.

I am thinking that it is something wrong with /admin/categories.php which I think is the page which is used during the update and adding of products (am I right?). Originally I used beyond compare to update the code, thinking that I did not do this properly for the categories.php file I have copyed over it again for your contribution files but still seem to be having trouble add/editing products at times.

If you are any one knows of what maybe happing let me know.

Ps. I am using dreamweaver to edit and ftp files, I heard a rumor that this is not good, anyone heard that. And any recommendations for a replacement.? Free if pos.

Richard