• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

He wants 2 store names (URL's) and logo headers with one admin but call the same products at different prices per store.

The only way to do this is specify the products as specials and then that price will only show up in store 2 and remain at the original price in store 1?

Bleu:

Yes: You can have 2 store names with the same url or different URL's.

The one admin functionality is being developed. As it is right now, you can administer the products and categories and orders and customers for all the stores with one admin.. but configuring the shipping & payment modules as well as general store configuration is not available through one admin (YET).

In order to have the same product on 2 different stores with each store containing a seperate price is to do this: Create product and assign it to both stores with price X. Create special for product and price Y and assign to store2. Now you will have store 1 with price X & store 2 with price Y.

The only other way is to create 2 different products entirely.

I would like to know if its possible to convert thie mod into a service with which we can provide different vendors the ability to sell on our sites.

Yes, I don't see why not. With a little ingenuity and creativity I believe you could do that. Remember anything is possible. I don't think I will be incorporating that into this add-on ;)

Of the top of my head.. you probably would want to create a small catalog and admin specialized with a lot of stuff cut out for that use as a directory somewhere and use that to copy over when someone registers as a new vendor. You would probably want to share the configuration table with the main store as you wouldn't want your vendors handling their own payment & shipping modules. Also, you obviously would have to modify the admin portion so that the vendor would only see customers that ordered from his section (if he had the ability to see the customers at all).

So, to answer your question... this could set up a frame work for something like that.. but what you are asking is a lot more complex and detailed. I always have to tell my boss that when she says, "wouldn't it be neat .. like on how amazon.com..." Amazon.com is not run off of oscommerce. :D

Hello,

I can only display one of two shops on the main page, ie. mystore.com shows the products and categories for myshop.com/store1

in the Table configuration the STORE_ID is set to one

in the Table configuration_store1 STORE_ID is also set to one.

in the Table configuration_store2 STORE_ID is set to two.

So therefore only the contents of configuration_store1 show up on the main page, unless I change the STORE_ID in the configuration Table.

If I comment out the define->configuration in database_tables (/catalog) I get an error that that table can not be found.

In database_tables.php (/catalog) I have defines set for all three configurations.

In database_tables.php for each of the stores, I have defines set for only their respective configuration table.

The respective stores work perfectly, with the exception of my main page.

Any way to fix this without a complete reinstall?

This mod doesn't display multiple shops on the same shop.

Each shop has it own unique url.

ie. www.store1.com, www.store2.com OR www.myshop.com/store1 , www.myshop.com/store2

where store1 is a catalog installation & store2 is a catalog installation.

HTH

Manufacturers really need to be store specific.

I agree. I will implement this in the near future for the next release.

Also, for everybody using this and testing it out.. Thank you!

I have decided to begin work on the admin side of things for a while. I am looking into different options so that you will have one control admin. I don't think I will personally create a 'reseller' admin (because I have no use for this currently) where the reseller can modify his general store information, shipping & payment modules, view orders (ONLY CREATED ON HIS STORE), and view customers (ONLY CREATED ON HIS STORE). I believe this would be fairly simple to modify the already packaged admin into a reseller admin... But as the needs of the community are not specific in what one person would need the reseller to have access to.. etc. etc. it might just be better to incorporate the admin with access level contrib.

So, for the next release this is planned:

- 1 control admin for all stores

- Manufacturers will be store specific

- Ability to define store assignment during category/product/special/manufacturer creation time.

- Enable/Disable store with the status (currently there but just not implemented - functionality will be like the "Down for maintenence" contrib)

I am goin glive today - just for your information.

I've have a shared shopping cart, and am integrated with the SEC contribution which has meant that I'm not fully running the multi-store modules, and I've kept the same source code base through the use of the unix LN command.

All in all this has been very helpful.

www.myostrichgolf.com

Live later this afternoon. I have a fairly high number of daily visitors in my present store, so it will definately get a workout...

-t

Thanks monstrico and hobbzilla,

The problem turns out to be my concept of what the Multi-Stores contrib does.

I was looking for a Mall system, and quite frankly, this contrib is so very very close to being just that.

I went in with Mysql control center and made a new store called Main Mall

I changed the store_id in Table.configuration to the store_id of Main Mall

When I create products and categories in any of the other stores, if I also assign them to Main Mall, they will show up on the home page of the mall (What's New - New Products etc.). Otherwise they only show on that particular store.

See the possibilities?

(I've looked at the Virtual Mall contrib but it can't get near what the possibilites are here)

A vendor adds products to their shop but only want certain ones to show up on the main mall, but all the others will show on their store pages. The Mall admin can control which items he/she may want to show up as well.

I have disabled the buy now button on the Main Mall to eliminate the invoice problems with buying an item from another store from the Main Mall pages.

I have taken out the link to "create stores" in the other store admin sections. But it is probably preferable to delete those files so someone can't access them from the address bar.

Administration changes needed:

1. When a store owner goes to their admin section, they should only see the catagories and products that belong to them.

2. When they click the Store button, they should only see their store and the "Main Mall" store options.

There are a few more things, but I have not intelligently documented them as of yet.

My point is, this contrib can make a fantastic Mall system with just a bit more tweaking. I've been aware of OsCommerce for some time but just now came back to it seriously. I have to look at the code further and get to understand it but with some help from others, I think this contrib can become the answer to those who want an opensource solution to a Mall system.

I'll be tweaking as time permits and hope others have the same interest in a Mall system using this contrib.

Hi All,

For those who are having problems with insallation, I have created 3 sql files that should help you out.

Upload and install the files from the contrib and then simply use the modified sql files in the package I have prepared.

You will have to go into each sql file and replace #name# with your choice. Of course on the number 3 sql file which is all of the inserts you should do a "replace" with your favorite editor since it is so large.

Since this forum does not allow attachments, and if HOBBZILLA

Hi HOBBZILLA and All,

For those who are having problems with insallation, I have created 3 sql files that should help you out.

Upload and install the files from the contrib and then simply use the modified sql files in the package I have prepared.

You will have to go into each sql file and replace #name# with your choice. Of course on the number 3 sql file, which is all of the inserts, you should do a "replace" with your favorite editor since it is so large.

Since this forum does not allow attachments, and I probably have not registered, contact me at:

[email protected] and I will send it to you. Or better yet, HOBZILLA contact me so you can look it over first. (I have a 9-5 job so give me a couple days to respond)

As well,

I have been looking through the code of OSC and really think I have a direction for making this contrib as a TRUE MALL SYSTEM.

There are a couple other contribs that I am working on integrationg such as the subscription contrib.

The only thing I have to do is finish a diff so Multi-Stores defines don't get erased.. (You can find it in a search on "subscription" in the contrib section.

Back to the Multi-Stores contrib and my package.. Install OSC... Copy Multi-Stores contrib files....Run my package on OSC... then run my sql package 1.2.3 for each store you want to make.

F1Peace,

this is a very motivating message! I?d like to be a tester if you need one. Anyway I?m interested in the SQL-file you?re takling about. And I hope your 9-5 job wil nevertheless allow you to find time for the VIRUAL MALL.

Thanks!

Robert

Hobbzilla,

Great Contribution...

I have implemented the Multi-store for my client site.

Store 1 is for selling merchandise such as T-shirts, pins and stuff, while the other (store 2) is being used for a "Registration" for events (No products being shipped, or sold). Customers simply use this to register for an event.

Both Stores use the same database but offer completly different looks and options. I have the choice to offer products in either or one of the stores. Both Stores have different configuratio files for emailing, shipping and payment options.

Great Job!

The stores are live, so PLEASE don't place any BOGUS orders, but if you care to see it work, and maybe give me some feedback....

The Merchandise Store (Store 1)

The Registration Store (Store2)

I know this is probably not the place to be asking this and it?s a stupid question but there is a good resin.

I have been looking and searching around for a good wile and do not seem to have found what I am looking for.

Wold like to implement the Multi shop but only with one admin, so you are able to share products and customaries etc between the two shops but yet they are still very separate identities.

I could just install two shops that share the same database but I would like the admin to be able to choose which products are displayed in which shop. And to also do things like send out a news letter to just one shops set of customers or to both.

Anyone able to point me to a contribution or solution? Would be much appreciated.

Richard

Richard

Thanks for your contribution hobbs. I was wondering if there is a way to have different prices for products on different websites besides using the specials (i know i'm being way greedy, but i'd like to use those too)?

jamie

ps. congrats on the engagement....

Hi.

I am kinda confused with the installation.

Currently this is the directories what I have

www.domain.com/shop/admin

www.domain.com/shop/catalog

www.domain.com/shop/catalog1

I uploaded the script with the contributions installed.

I executed the update.sql in the contribution

I created a table 1_configuration and inserted the values into the table.

I created 2 stores name using the admin.

What else to I need to set inorder to make the site work. Anything else I need to do?

Edited by jimmyanoyo

Well. I think I got everything right and the store works. But one problem is that shopping cart will display the products from 2 different shop once you sign in.

How can you fix this problem? I checked the /classes/shopping cart.php and everything seems to be fine.

The one admin to manage all stores sounds like a good idea :) Any idea when this will be ready?

I am right in the middle of making another contrib (Address Book Enhancer - shipping line 2 & phone & fax for address locations as well as a nickname for that entry) and will begin work on these added features next.

So in short.. perhaps a few days to a week.

When I create products and categories in any of the other stores, if I also assign them to Main Mall, they will show up on the home page of the mall (What's New - New Products etc.). Otherwise they only show on that particular store.

See the possibilities?

I think I have decided my course of action on the admin side of things so one admin can control (not only the catalog of products and categories and what store they are assigned to.. that already works) all of the stores configuration by not hardcoding the table definition in database_tables.php but using a drop down similar to the language selector.

It is perhaps easier explained by:

www.domain.com/catalog1 & www.domain.com/catalog1/admin

www.domain.com/catalog2 & www.domain.com/catalog2/admin

whereas in the not too distant future it will be:

www.domain.com/catalog1 & www.domain.com/catalog1/SUPER_admin

www.domain.com/catalog2 & www.domain.com/catalog2/puny_admin

A few things thing to note is that you..

.. don't have to use the same domain.com as long as the sites both have access to the mysql server they can be different domains, on the same localhost OR different machines altogether!

Also, if you are creative with how you name your categories you could have a MAIN MALL without having to assign each and every product to that main mall. Simply don't update any of the files with the ones from my contrib that have to do with displaying categories & products... and they will ALL be displayed. I liked this option better than creating a master store and having to have an if statement and then having 2 distinct sql statements.

HTH

If you don't mind, please e-mail those files and I will look at them and add them to the install process for the next release.

Wold like to implement the Multi shop but only with one admin, so you are able to share products and customaries etc between the two shops but yet they are still very separate identities.

Anyone able to point me to a contribution or solution? Would be much appreciated.

You're here.

I am finalizing the one admin functionality later this week. But as it stands right now, you just described this contribution. The next step is to TRY IT and see if you think it will work for your situation.

Thanks for your contribution hobbs. I was wondering if there is a way to have different prices for products on different websites besides using the specials (i know i'm being way greedy, but i'd like to use those too)?

jamie

ps. congrats on the engagement....

Thanks for the congratulations!

First and foremost.. anything can be done!!

However, the simple answer is no. There is not an _easy_ way to do this. If you change the structure of products table too allow for multi much other contributions will break as well as you will have to then modify even MORE stock osc code as well as keep your eyes wide open for any contribution that you install.

You can always either create multiple products and assign them to different stores,

or use the specials ability. I doubt I will personally be adding different pricing per store into my mod. If someone wants to add that so be it. I just want to change as little as I have to from stock osc so other contribs continue to work with it.

However, if you are determined to do so, you could simply create an additional column in products_to_stores like products_stores_price decimal(15,4) NOT NULL,

and do some tweaking on the admin side so that you can specify which store to active the product at product creation or edit time (which I plan to do) but also include the text boxes along with the checkbox to indicate that stores price. If it is left blank it would default back to the default price. This would entail quite a bit of code changes on the catalog side as well.

I was also wondering if there is a way to separate the accounts so a person who creates an account on one store would have to recreate it on another?

thnx

jamie

Yes I believe this could be done rather simply by creating all the tables related to customers for each store.

i.e. customers_store2, customers_basket_store2, customers_basket_attributes_store2, customers_info_store2

and updating each store's table definition in database_tables.php.

NOTE: you will need to perform this mods alter statements on the udpdate customers tables as well or my contrib will break. Doing it this way though takes away the need for the stores_id alter statements anyway, as you now are not needing a customer check since they are seperated physically by table name. Also, this will pose another problem in the SUPER_admin (not so much in the puny_admin) in the next release.

Well. I think I got everything right and the store works. But one problem is that shopping cart will display the products from 2 different shop once you sign in.

How can you fix this problem? I checked the /classes/shopping cart.php and everything seems to be fine.

Check all stores configuration tables and make sure that the STORES_ID aren't the same... and also that database_tables.php are pointing to the new tables for each new store.

FYI I will be making this option available under the My Store group instead of the hidden group in next release so it is easier to update in osc.