• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

On another note, im having a problem getting the PayPal IPN module to work properly with the 6th copy of my multi store site, the others use CC processing which works fine, just that the Orders list is saying that the order came in from the 1st store name instead of the 6th Gizmo Shop name in the order details.

Anyone got any ideas? It concerns the STORES_ID number being set to STORES_ID = '1' instead of STORES_ID = '6' when PayPal completes the payment. My return page from PayPal is set to go to checkout_success.php but thats causing an error, what file should i be looking in to change the STORE_ID? Thank you!

On another note, im having a problem getting the PayPal IPN module to work properly with the 6th copy of my multi store site, the others use CC processing which works fine, just that the Orders list is saying that the order came in from the 1st store name instead of the 6th Gizmo Shop name in the order details.

Anyone got any ideas? It concerns the STORES_ID number being set to STORES_ID = '1' instead of STORES_ID = '6' when PayPal completes the payment. My return page from PayPal is set to go to checkout_success.php but thats causing an error, what file should i be looking in to change the STORE_ID? Thank you!

I found the solution to this for anyone that needs it, edit the file catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php:

Find this line around line 203:

'orders_status' => $order->info['order_status'],

And add this on the line after:

'orders_stores_id' => STORES_ID, //rmh M-S_multi-stores

That should do it! You'll now see your PayPal enabled Multi Store orders coming up with the correct store name in the order list :)

Edited by sonictrip.net

Got this contribution mostly working with OsCommerce version RC2a.

My test setup: VISTA, WAMP 2.0(apache,MySql,php for windows)

1) created the database

2) unzipped > copied catalog folder > ran the RC2a installation until you see the 2 buttons

3) copied the Multi-store version 2.0 files & overwrite the RC2a files

4) ran the "update.sql" file onto the database

5) tried to access ADMIN > ran into the 'register_globals are off' alert > in 'catalog/' folder, I edited the '.htacess' file

-- you will see on the last line "#php_value register_globals 1" > just delete the "#"

6) access ADMIN page, but got lots of text all over the page, like "TEXT_BOX_HEADING" & also the dreaded "includes/english/language... failed to

open stream" error = DOING THIS WILL FIX LOTS OF ERRORS(it was part of the upgrade of OsCommerce from version MS2 --> RC2a)

-- in 'catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php'

-- look for = "// some code to solve compatibility issues

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'compatibility.php'); "

-- cut it, add it under this line = "define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a'); "

7) after logging admin, left-side menu displays "BOX_CONFIGURATION_ADMINISTRATORS" > In 'catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php'

-- look for = "define('BOX_HEADING_CONFIGURATION', 'Configuration');"

-- add this below that line = "define('BOX_CONFIGURATION_ADMINISTRATORS', 'Administrators');"

8) In ADMIN, left-side menu, when accessing Administrators, displayed error ** Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' **

Or if you see these " ....} echo {.... " codes on the ADMIN page

-- In 'catalog/admin/administrators.php'

-- around line 454 = "<?"

-- change to = "<?php"

9) From here on, followed the instructions that was included with Multi-store files.

At this point, pretty much summed up most if not all of the errors encountered.

Thanks to everyone posting their fixes & thanks to Hobbs for a terrific contrib !!!

How much wood, would a woodchuck chuck wood, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

My quest to make RC2a & Multi-store work together, click below:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/349161-multi-store-with-rc2a/page__p__1459234#entry1459234

I have an issue. This contrib works great for the most part, when a visitor adds an item with price schedule set up, it works fine (ex. http://elitecustomsigns.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=44&products_id=649&osCsid=2343bd631b1d6bb3d88bf06af7edcce5 <-live store, no test orders please). But when user logs in, the price schedule disappears and every qty turns to the original price. How do I fix this? I tried searching, but the search function doesn't seem to work well on this thread.

Any ideas?

Got this contribution mostly working with OsCommerce version RC2a.

My test setup: VISTA, WAMP 2.0(apache,MySql,php for windows)

1) created the database

2) unzipped > copied catalog folder > ran the RC2a installation until you see the 2 buttons

3) copied the Multi-store version 2.0 files & overwrite the RC2a files

4) ran the "update.sql" file onto the database

5) tried to access ADMIN > ran into the 'register_globals are off' alert > in 'catalog/' folder, I edited the '.htacess' file

-- you will see on the last line "#php_value register_globals 1" > just delete the "#"

6) access ADMIN page, but got lots of text all over the page, like "TEXT_BOX_HEADING" & also the dreaded "includes/english/language... failed to

open stream" error = DOING THIS WILL FIX LOTS OF ERRORS(it was part of the upgrade of OsCommerce from version MS2 --> RC2a)

-- in 'catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php'

-- look for = "// some code to solve compatibility issues

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'compatibility.php'); "

-- cut it, add it under this line = "define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a'); "

7) after logging admin, left-side menu displays "BOX_CONFIGURATION_ADMINISTRATORS" > In 'catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php'

-- look for = "define('BOX_HEADING_CONFIGURATION', 'Configuration');"

-- add this below that line = "define('BOX_CONFIGURATION_ADMINISTRATORS', 'Administrators');"

8) In ADMIN, left-side menu, when accessing Administrators, displayed error ** Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' **

Or if you see these " ....} echo {.... " codes on the ADMIN page

-- In 'catalog/admin/administrators.php'

-- around line 454 = "<?"

-- change to = "<?php"

9) From here on, followed the instructions that was included with Multi-store files.

At this point, pretty much summed up most if not all of the errors encountered.

Thanks to everyone posting their fixes & thanks to Hobbs for a terrific contrib !!!

To make my "register_globals" work, I went back to STEP 5 and changed the '.htaccess' back, and then:

In 'catalog/includes/application_top.php'

-- look for = "// check if register_globals is enabled.

//since this is a temporary measure this message is hardcoded. The requirement will be removed before 2.2 is finalized.

if (function_exists('ini_get')) {

ini_get('register_globals') or exit('Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.');

} "

-- replace with = "// check support for register_globals

if (function_exists('ini_get') && (ini_get('register_globals') == false) && (PHP_VERSION < 4.3) ) {

exit('Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory. Please use PHP 4.3+ if register_globals cannot be enabled on the server.');

}"

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/349161-multi-store-with-rc2a/page__p__1459234#entry1459234

Anyone that gets the "functions... file does not exists.... { failed to open stream }.... /languages/.php" errors displaying on your OTHER sites:

-- need to check 'stores > localization > language' is set in the ADMIN for THAT site

-- need to check 'configuration > multistore' in the ADMIN the 'Store Catalog Website Path' is set correctly for THAT site

if your other site is under other folders, then it's not just "/catalog/"

It would be something like "/cats/food/catalog/" if your site is "www.mydomain.com/cats/food/catalog/"

Example: So if your other site is = www.mydomain.com/zzzu/tinting/ultraglass/catalog/

Then that path you type is = /zzzu/tinting/ultraglass/catalog/

I find that when all the 'configure.php' & 'database_tables.php' settings are correct, these settings are usually the cause for the "failed to open stream....english/languages/.php" errors.

So far have 3 online websites working, all controlled with the main Admin and using one database using RC2a.

• 1 month later...

Ok

This is way to vague for a normal person i think

Here is my deal

Installed a fresh osc...no mods at all

followed instructions several times thinking i did something wrong

before i can even start to configure this mod i get errors out of the box......

We need complete instructions on installing this mod

you say

Step 1: Install Stock osC 2.2MS2 DONE

Step 2: Download Latest version of Multi-Stores Contribution DONE

http://www.oscommerc...y/contributions,1730

Step 3: Unzip files and copy them over 2.2MS2 installation (both admin & catalog) DONE

Step 4: Run the update.sql against the proper osC db. DONE with immediate error

Step 5: Go to /admin -> catalog -> stores -> "Insert" (enter info -- at least a name) continue until you are finished for each store. DONE

-- YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE A SINGLE STORE (/catalog) WITH 0 products in it. DONE

Step 6: Copy /catalog and rename it whatever you like however many times you like (1 for each store) DONE

Step 7: Open /catalog/install/oscommerce.sql and copy all of the

INSERT INTO configuration statements and paste them into your favorite text editor. DONE

Step 8: Do a search and replace for "INSERT INTO configuration" and replace with "INSERT INTO store2_configuration" (or naming them something of value "chuckstools_configuration". DONE

Step9: Update the osC sql db with the modified INSERT statments. Repeat Step 8 & 9 for each store (*making sure to change # or name for each store) DONE

Step10: Go to admin -> catalog and assign categories & products to the stores you desire. DONE

Step11: Enjoy. IWISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What am i missing, whats the secret to this mod.........

As soon as i install i get an error when i try to create a product

some price break thing

if that needs to be installed dont you think it should say that in this install file?

I have this installed and feels to works write.

I have questions for other people that have tried it.

Is there any important contribution incompatible with multi-store???

I have for example administrator Leves Acounts v2 and i see that this contribution carry a similar version of it.

• 2 weeks later...

To make my "register_globals" work, I went back to STEP 5 and changed the '.htaccess' back, and then:

Another way to fix the register globals issue is to create a blank notepad file called php.ini and upload it to the root folder (/catalog/), put this code in the file:

register_globals = 1;

What kind of errors you are getting ?

When I installed this mod, I just kept the default products- that way I can test it first.

Ok

This is way to vague for a normal person i think

Here is my deal

Installed a fresh osc...no mods at all

followed instructions several times thinking i did something wrong

before i can even start to configure this mod i get errors out of the box......

We need complete instructions on installing this mod

you say

Step 1: Install Stock osC 2.2MS2 DONE

Step 2: Download Latest version of Multi-Stores Contribution DONE

http://www.oscommerc...y/contributions,1730

Step 3: Unzip files and copy them over 2.2MS2 installation (both admin & catalog) DONE

Step 4: Run the update.sql against the proper osC db. DONE with immediate error

Step 5: Go to /admin -> catalog -> stores -> "Insert" (enter info -- at least a name) continue until you are finished for each store. DONE

-- YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE A SINGLE STORE (/catalog) WITH 0 products in it. DONE

Step 6: Copy /catalog and rename it whatever you like however many times you like (1 for each store) DONE

Step 7: Open /catalog/install/oscommerce.sql and copy all of the

INSERT INTO configuration statements and paste them into your favorite text editor. DONE

Step 8: Do a search and replace for "INSERT INTO configuration" and replace with "INSERT INTO store2_configuration" (or naming them something of value "chuckstools_configuration". DONE

Step9: Update the osC sql db with the modified INSERT statments. Repeat Step 8 & 9 for each store (*making sure to change # or name for each store) DONE

Step10: Go to admin -> catalog and assign categories & products to the stores you desire. DONE

Step11: Enjoy. IWISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What am i missing, whats the secret to this mod.........

As soon as i install i get an error when i try to create a product

some price break thing

if that needs to be installed dont you think it should say that in this install file?

This mod has: custom admin levels, customer levels(retail, wholesale, etc...), price breaks(I believe), something more just haven't used it yet.

A little difficult since it's based off of version MS2. I used WinMerge alot to test add-ons.

I have this installed and feels to works write.

I have questions for other people that have tried it.

Is there any important contribution incompatible with multi-store???

I have for example administrator Leves Acounts v2 and i see that this contribution carry a similar version of it.

I edited the last lines of lifeisboost's addition that will display which product is enabled for every "online store".

This will display a "2" or "3" (for store#2 and store#3, etc...) on the Catalog page where you see your products listed. When you put your cursor over the store numbers, a pop-up comes out displaying the store name.

Comes in handy when you have multiple stores and don't want to look up a list of which store# is to what store name.

For example: store#2 = Lovely Gloves

-- so when you put the cursor on the "2", the pop-up says "Lovely Gloves"

$itst = $stores['stores_name'];

$itid = $stores['stores_id'];

echo "<a href=http://$itst title='$itst'>$itid</a>";

echo "|";

}

Can also do a 'On click, show alert' but found this too annoying = echo "<a href='#' onClick=\"alert('$itst')\">$itid</a>";

Another thing, when adding other add-ons, if you want it to be working with the Admin Levels:

-- /admin/includes/functions/administrators.php (add your mod to: top part for headings > then bottom part for listings)

-- /admin/includes/column_left.php (to show only when logged in & adjust order of left menu listing in Admin)

> add another line, ex: "if (CanShowBox('your_addon.php')) { include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'your_addon.php'); };"

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to get this mod working? I have tried several times with a brand new osc install everytime but cannot get past the sql update.....even if i clean the db out, install osc, the try to update with the sql update file it says duplicate entries....

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to get this mod working? I have tried several times with a brand new osc install everytime but cannot get past the sql update.....even if i clean the db out, install osc, the try to update with the sql update file it says duplicate entries....

Did you have this on the first line? = "DROP TABLE IF EXISTS administrators;"

Because the original updateSQL didn't have that, I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if there is an easy way to make special prices for multiple sites at the same time.

example:

article 1 has a special price on site 1 en site 2 but not on site 3

Now you have to make to two special prices one for site 1 and one for site 2

So I want to make one special price that is valid one site 1 and site 2.

Thank for helping me.

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if there is an easy way to make special prices for multiple sites at the same time.

example:

article 1 has a special price on site 1 en site 2 but not on site 3

Now you have to make to two special prices one for site 1 and one for site 2

So I want to make one special price that is valid one site 1 and site 2.

Thank for helping me.

I'm sure there are ways.

One way would be to assign slightly different product numbers for the same item and then set your special prices for each. That way you can display the same product to all 3 sites but choose(via Admin) which site would carry the special priced product.

Example: screwdriver

-- site 1: screwdriver-1a = $4.95

-- site 2: screwdriver-1b = $2.95 **special price**

-- site 3: screwdriver-1a = $4.95

Another way is to add/modify the 'specials' contribution to include the 'other sites'. Probably need to modify the 'specials' table/queries to accomodate 'store_id'(other sites).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping this contribution is the potential answer to a problem I am having.

I run a store that essentially has 'unlimited' stock as I make some of my products on-demand while I do keep a limited stock. Occasionally I have parts that I reject (Quality Control), but that some of my customers might want. I want to be able to keep offering my regular products with no 'stock' restrictions and my 'reject' or 'clearance' parts with stock restrictions.

I understand that this addon does not allow users to use the same checkout, but I'll have to deal with that. I've tried using 'virtual mall' but have been having issues getting it to work with RC2.2a.

Please let me know if this contribution would help me.

Naloomi

I'm hoping this contribution is the potential answer to a problem I am having.

I run a store that essentially has 'unlimited' stock as I make some of my products on-demand while I do keep a limited stock. Occasionally I have parts that I reject (Quality Control), but that some of my customers might want. I want to be able to keep offering my regular products with no 'stock' restrictions and my 'reject' or 'clearance' parts with stock restrictions.

I understand that this addon does not allow users to use the same checkout, but I'll have to deal with that. I've tried using 'virtual mall' but have been having issues getting it to work with RC2.2a.

Please let me know if this contribution would help me.

Naloomi

Are you trying to have 2 different shopping websites? 1- products, 2- reject products?

-- this multi-store contrib will let you control several different websites offering different products with just 1 Admin and 1 database

-- customers would order at each of the individual websites with it's own checkout, but all orders go to your 1 Admin and 1 databasee

Or

Do you want a single shopping website with 2 categories: 1- products, 2- reject products?

-- you could have your regular products in a "Products" category, then have another category called "Clearance Products"

-- you can separate the regular products from the reject products by giving the reject products different partnumbers

like adding a "R" at the end to designate rejected products

-- single website, single checkout for all customers

Hope this helps...

• 1 month later...

I've had multi-stores running for several years now, started in 2005.

I am trying to figure out how to keep the products from one storesID from being checked out, or even added via the other.

Whats happening is Google is parsing the results and putting them on the alternate domain, so while osC can't find the products using it's own searches, but customers are able to somehow hve the products in the cart and use the other store to check out.

The issue is pricing, one store sells for less, requires a resale card and $100 min. the other does not have the min. order amount.

Edited by tdiaz

• 1 month later...

I have the Multistores options installed for well over a year now, excellent contribution

My question is Seperate pricing per customer, i have never used it and assume that the multistore contrib had it integrated as things like customer groups are in my admin, but i do not have it in other areas like admin categories so its not a fuctioning contrib, does anybodt know what version was installed with Multistores so i can try to compare pages or know what pages was changed in the contrib for it, i have multistore V2

Thanks in advance for any assistance

David

David

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Multistores options installed for well over a year now, excellent contribution

My question is Seperate pricing per customer, i have never used it and assume that the multistore contrib had it integrated as things like customer groups are in my admin, but i do not have it in other areas like admin categories so its not a fuctioning contrib, does anybodt know what version was installed with Multistores so i can try to compare pages or know what pages was changed in the contrib for it, i have multistore V2

Thanks in advance for any assistance

David

Sorry to interrupt the conversation but I could not help reading how you are pleased with the M-S Contribution. I have been trying to install this contribution for a while and cannot get it to work properly. How was your installation? Did you have corrections in the "updatesql" file?

Thanks in advance and any help would be appreciated.

Once again, sorry for butting in

Patrick51

Sorry to interrupt the conversation but I could not help reading how you are pleased with the M-S Contribution. I have been trying to install this contribution for a while and cannot get it to work properly. How was your installation? Did you have corrections in the "updatesql" file?

Thanks in advance and any help would be appreciated.

Once again, sorry for butting in

Patrick51

I am not a coder and it did take me weeks, carefully going over all the post and making lots of mistakes, but lets face it its the biggest Contrib that you could install so i didnt expect it to be easy, but i have 5 sites running off it now, paid when i put on new contribs as i have to do all 5, but i like it as my business model.

David