• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

I use mydomain/default_store, mydomain/store1, mydomain/store2. All the osc cards are fresh installs with no other contributions installed.

Do I update the database of each store, do I overwrite the files on each store? when i try to add a new product into the store1, nothing happens on it, but instead changes are applied into the default store. Again I dont understand how anything could change if I haven't put the username and password of the additional stores anywhere in the default one.

Thank you so much for your help.

Mikefrombg

hi Mikefrombg,

thanks for the reply... ok my understanding is the following ( there are others here that should/will respond that have better experience than I)

You are logged in as the default Admin (Super-admin) and as a default and products you add will go into the default store unless you specify in Catalog/"categories/Products" there should appear at least 4 buttons on the right hand side of the selected Category/Product, those should read "Edit, Delete, Move (they are default in a basic osC installation and the last which is specific to the multi store is "Store"

When you press the store button, you should get a list of stores you have installed with check boxes select the store/s you want to display it in and you should be right to go...

I hope that makes sense??

Eoghan

hi Mikefrombg,

thanks for the reply... ok my understanding is the following ( there are others here that should/will respond that have better experience than I)

You are logged in as the default Admin (Super-admin) and as a default and products you add will go into the default store unless you specify in Catalog/"categories/Products" there should appear at least 4 buttons on the right hand side of the selected Category/Product, those should read "Edit, Delete, Move (they are default in a basic osC installation and the last which is specific to the multi store is "Store"

When you press the store button, you should get a list of stores you have installed with check boxes select the store/s you want to display it in and you should be right to go...

I hope that makes sense??

Eoghan

Eoghan,

The above that you described I do have it in my default store as a superadmin. when I select one of the additional stores and add an item or category it actually appears into the default store, but nothing changes into the additional one.

And I still don't understand, how the catalog of any additional store can change if I haven't connected it by any username/password with the master/default store. The additional store is absolutely properly set up with the correct links, but is that all I need to be able to control the other catalogs without touching their database or files?

Eoghan,

The above that you described I do have it in my default store as a superadmin. when I select one of the additional stores and add an item or category it actually appears into the default store, but nothing changes into the additional one.

And I still don't understand, how the catalog of any additional store can change if I haven't connected it by any username/password with the master/default store. The additional store is absolutely properly set up with the correct links, but is that all I need to be able to control the other catalogs without touching their database or files?

There is no seperate dtabse per store except the initial configuration table you add per store as per install instructions...

That is the beauty of this contrib, every store shares the DBase... Customers don't need to create an account with each store, and as Super-Admin (well i do this anyway) i Get the store owners, to submit there specials etc by the 29th of each month and i produce a newsletter with each stores specials/news and send it to ALL Newsletter subscribers... therefor if say a customer only shops from my Natural Products store and they subscribe to the newsletter at least if something is listed from an active store they haven't visited they can then be a customer of the new store with out have to re sign up... it benefits all... I am even looking at Offering small home business entrepenuers the opportunity to have their store online for a minimal money and already establised customer base..

As to your problem (sorry i do get side tracked.... ) it seems you may have missed a task inadvertently somewhere along the line......

The whole thing is quite easy... but as to why it aint working for you has me stumped as i said it should show up in the second store only if you select it to go into the seconds store....

ANYONE else got a clue about this??

Edited by eoghanarnoldbiz

Do you get anything?

can you post your admin/includes/configure.php - with the private details blanked out?

I basically get a blank page in IE while it loops, Firefox cancels saying its an incompleteable redirect.

I removed the test store and will try a fresh install again next week so I will post the configure.php files then.

Cheers for your help :thumbsup:

I basically get a blank page in IE while it loops, Firefox cancels saying its an incompleteable redirect.

I removed the test store and will try a fresh install again next week so I will post the configure.php files then.

Cheers for your help :thumbsup:

No worries...

As someone said earlier... i have gotten alot of help when i started out (3 months ago) and so it's time i put back in....

:)

Hey :)

hoping for a litle help..

im trying to get the Products Price Schdules to work.. and im lost..

do i need to install the Quantity Price Breaks Per Product (QPBPP) to??

I can se in the install file from QPBPP that the products tabel need to include;

products_price1, products_price2.....

And products_price1, products_price2.. are not in the db or the sql file from the multi-stores install file...

Please please please help me... Im totaly lost...

BlackCap

Hallo

I am looking for a person who can help me install oscommerce with the multi store function.

I will need more detailed information on how it works. I have a deadline on thursday.

So if anybody could set up a standard oscommerce and explain me more about how to add a 2. shop etc.

Please let me know.

You can reply to my email [email protected]

I have 2 test domains where the installation + the 2. store can be installed.

Best regards

Christian

Hey :)

hoping for a litle help..

im trying to get the Products Price Schdules to work.. and im lost..

do i need to install the Quantity Price Breaks Per Product (QPBPP) to??

I can se in the install file from QPBPP that the products tabel need to include;

products_price1, products_price2.....

And products_price1, products_price2.. are not in the db or the sql file from the multi-stores install file...

Please please please help me... Im totaly lost...

BlackCap

Update.... danm Im stupid... looked in the resulting source code and had a sql error...

it was missing a (

and it works now..

but but... :(

when i add an item to the basket, the price is 0 in the shopping cart total..

this is both in the shoping cart box in the side.. and in the center of shopping_cart.php...

the item is listet ok, and the qt price is ok but the total is 0

any one????

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have searched through days of threads and I see many folks who have the same problem as I, but have not found any solution.

I have 3 stores up and running using this GREAT contrib...and just as one person described all was fine with veiwing my orders as admin until I deleted some orders and restocked.

Now, I can not see any order. I can put in an order number and view the orders that way, but no orders show under admin or even under the individual store user id.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm not wanting to reinstall anyting as these are lives accounts now.

thanks in advance for anyone's reply.

Ronda :'(

Hi Guys,

I have a problem, the Store Name isn't displaying in order details.

This is what my orders.php says

<?php echo $order->info['stores_name']; ?>

Now i've checked different things, compared code and stuff like that, orders.php is similair to the original but no solution.

Can someone give me some pointers?

Thx in advance

Hi. I've two problems with this beautiful contribuction. My first problem come when I'm in the catalog side, and I try to buy any product. It give to me next message:

"1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '((products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_i' at line 1

select pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_tax_class_id, p.distributors_id, IF(s.status = '1' AND s.stores_id = '3', s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status = '1' AND s.stores_id = '3', s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_to_categories p2c, ((products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_description pd) left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id and s.stores_id = '3') INNER JOIN products_to_stores p2s ON p.products_id = p2s.products_id where p2s.stores_id = '3' AND p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '24' and pd.products_id = '24' and pd.language_id = '3'

[TEP STOP]"

My second problem, come when I'm in the admin side, and I go to section "Prices Schedules"; when i click in the link, it give to me this message:

"1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS' at line 1

select pps.* from products_price_schedules pps left join products_description pd on pps.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '3' order by pps.products_price_schedules_id LIMIT 0, MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS

[TEP STOP]"

I should be to you very thanked if you helped me.

Multi-Stores with current version osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 1

Has anyone installed this recently with osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 1

I am stating after reading this thread for a whiile.

Hi Guys,

I've got some problems with displaying the store name on the order details page.

This is the query on orders.php.

<?php echo $order->info['stores_name']; ?>

The only problem is this doesn't give any output. Can someone help?

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I'm sure we're stuck on something very simple... But it's got me stumped!

Step #3 in the install, when I go to import the .sql file into the database VIA PHPMYADMIN we get the following error:

Error

SQL query: Documentation

###########################
# //rmh M-S_multi-stores #
CREATE TABLE administrators(
administrators_id int( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
administrators_distributors_id int( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
administrators_username varchar( 20 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
administrators_password varchar( 40 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
administrators_allowed_pages varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
administrators_allowed_stores varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
administrators_selected_stores_id int( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
PRIMARY KEY ( administrators_id ) ,
UNIQUE KEY administrators_username( administrators_username )
);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1050 - Table 'administrators' already exists

Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

I'm having trouble here. With a vanilla osc (as recommended) I followed the instructions rigorously. Everything was fine till I added another shop. I think it's because I've amended includes/configure.php wrong because I know I'm pants at everything that isn't point and click. Below you will find the errors I'm receiving when I try to access the second shop and also the includes/configure.php file for said shop. Any advice on fixing this will be greatly appreciated.

First the warnings:

Warning: require(includes/languages/.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mounted-storage/home61c/sub007/sc38141-KAJA/the-comfort-zone.org.uk/lounge/includes/application_top.php on line 289

Warning: require(includes/languages/.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mounted-storage/home61c/sub007/sc38141-KAJA/the-comfort-zone.org.uk/lounge/includes/application_top.php on line 289

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php/') in /mounted-storage/home61c/sub007/sc38141-KAJA/the-comfort-zone.org.uk/lounge/includes/application_top.php on line 289

Now includes/configure.php:

<?php

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://the-comfort-zone.org.uk/lounge/');

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'http://the-comfort-zone.org.uk/lounge/');

define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'the-comfort-zone.org.uk/lounge/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'the-comfort-zone.org.uk/lounge/');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/mounted-storage/home61c/sub007/sc38141-KAJA/the-comfort-zone.org.uk/lounge');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DB_SERVER', '*****');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '****');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '****');

define('DB_DATABASE', '****');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

?>

Once again, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I'm sure we're stuck on something very simple... But it's got me stumped!

Step #3 in the install, when I go to import the .sql file into the database VIA PHPMYADMIN we get the following error:

Error

SQL query: Documentation

# //rmh M-S_multi-stores #
CREATE TABLE administrators(
administrators_id int( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
administrators_distributors_id int( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
administrators_username varchar( 20 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
administrators_password varchar( 40 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
administrators_allowed_pages varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
administrators_allowed_stores varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
administrators_selected_stores_id int( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
PRIMARY KEY ( administrators_id ) ,
UNIQUE KEY administrators_username( administrators_username )
);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1050 - Table 'administrators' already exists

Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

I had the same problem. What I did was put this

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS administrators;
before the CREATE TABLE administrators part of the update.sql file.

I hope this helps!

Is anyone having problems with this mod and registered_globals. Do I have to have registered_globals on to use this mod?

I have no problems running OSCommerce with register globals off, but after installing this mod I am given this error: Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory. I have tried changing the .htaccess file, I have tried adding a php.ini file.

Is anyone having problems with this mod and registered_globals. Do I have to have registered_globals on to use this mod?

I have no problems running OSCommerce with register globals off, but after installing this mod I am given this error: Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory. I have tried changing the .htaccess file, I have tried adding a php.ini file.

I don't know why it wasn't working but I started everything from scratch and it worked fine the second time around.

Although, I am having problems with enabling products to specific stores. I added a test category and made sure that it was not enabled to show up in my second store but it is showing up. I took a look at the store table and there is only one store in with store_id 1, but it's actually the second store. (Assuming the origional install of oscommerce would be the first store) I'm thinking this may be connected to the problem. Any ideas? Thanks!

There is no seperate dtabse per store except the initial configuration table you add per store as per install instructions...

That is the beauty of this contrib, every store shares the DBase... Customers don't need to create an account with each store, and as Super-Admin (well i do this anyway) i Get the store owners, to submit there specials etc by the 29th of each month and i produce a newsletter with each stores specials/news and send it to ALL Newsletter subscribers... therefor if say a customer only shops from my Natural Products store and they subscribe to the newsletter at least if something is listed from an active store they haven't visited they can then be a customer of the new store with out have to re sign up... it benefits all... I am even looking at Offering small home business entrepenuers the opportunity to have their store online for a minimal money and already establised customer base..

As to your problem (sorry i do get side tracked.... ) it seems you may have missed a task inadvertently somewhere along the line......

The whole thing is quite easy... but as to why it aint working for you has me stumped as i said it should show up in the second store only if you select it to go into the seconds store....

ANYONE else got a clue about this??

I am having a very similar problem. I added a catagory and un-checked it for my second site but it's still showing up, and it's hidden in the main store. My second site is getting the catagories and products added to it but is the enablling/disabling is not working on it.

I think it has to do with your comment "There is no seperate dtabse per store except the initial configuration table you add per store as per install instructions... "

I have gone through the instructions and it states:I highly suggest checking "Insert default configuration table". However, for heavily modified stores that have made a lot of updates to the configuration table, you may wish to perform one of the following:" it then mentions the configuration table. I was under the impression that if you sleect to use the default configuration then the next step was not necessary. It discusses using an existing configuration table for an existing site. In my case, the site is not pre-existing and is using the same database from the get-go so I don't have a configuration table to copy. I selected to use the default configuration table.

I am having a very similar problem. I added a catagory and un-checked it for my second site but it's still showing up, and it's hidden in the main store. My second site is getting the catagories and products added to it but is the enablling/disabling is not working on it.

I think it has to do with your comment "There is no seperate dtabse per store except the initial configuration table you add per store as per install instructions... "

I have gone through the instructions and it states:I highly suggest checking "Insert default configuration table". However, for heavily modified stores that have made a lot of updates to the configuration table, you may wish to perform one of the following:" it then mentions the configuration table. I was under the impression that if you sleect to use the default configuration then the next step was not necessary. It discusses using an existing configuration table for an existing site. In my case, the site is not pre-existing and is using the same database from the get-go so I don't have a configuration table to copy. I selected to use the default configuration table.

I have given each store its own configuration table, I have updated the database_tables.php and I am still having the problem with my second store. Anything I create (catagory, product) They all show up in the second site.

I have a problem. After a customer logs in & click the new products link in the welcome message, they see the following error:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(*) as total from products p left join manufacturers m on (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id), products_description pd INNER JOIN products_to_stores p2s ON p.products_id = p2s.products_id where p2s.stores_id = '1' and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Anyone know a solution to fix this?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have given each store its own configuration table, I have updated the database_tables.php and I am still having the problem with my second store. Anything I create (catagory, product) They all show up in the second site.

I started from scratch and re-installed everything. (this is the fourth time)

Same problem. Category is showing up in store 2 even though it is only enabled for the default store.

I have changed the configuration table for store 2 (configuration_store2) in the database_tables.php in the includes and in the admin/includes to match what I used when I set up the store in the admin.

Does anyone know what I am missing or overlooking? I read in a few places and in the install about changing the application_top to reflect the configuration table, but I've looked at it several times and don't see anywhere where it defines the configuration table.

I'm having trouble here. With a vanilla osc (as recommended) I followed the instructions rigorously. Everything was fine till I added another shop. I think it's because I've amended includes/configure.php wrong because I know I'm pants at everything that isn't point and click. Below you will find the errors I'm receiving when I try to access the second shop and also the includes/configure.php file for said shop. Any advice on fixing this will be greatly appreciated.

First the warnings:

Now includes/configure.php:

Once again, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

image.gif

image2.gif

Try

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I started from scratch and re-installed everything. (this is the fourth time)

Same problem. Category is showing up in store 2 even though it is only enabled for the default store.

I have changed the configuration table for store 2 (configuration_store2) in the database_tables.php in the includes and in the admin/includes to match what I used when I set up the store in the admin.

Does anyone know what I am missing or overlooking? I read in a few places and in the install about changing the application_top to reflect the configuration table, but I've looked at it several times and don't see anywhere where it defines the configuration table.

Well, just in case this helps, Fourth time was a charm, practice makes perfect, lesson learned: don't waste hours and hours trying to find the problem, just start over! I never found anything configured wrong, maybe I did something out of order, who knows!

I have a problem. After a customer logs in & click the new products link in the welcome message, they see the following error:
1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(*) as total from products p left join manufacturers m on (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id), products_description pd INNER JOIN products_to_stores p2s ON p.products_id = p2s.products_id where p2s.stores_id = '1' and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Anyone know a solution to fix this?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for a solution for this. I know that it is caused by running the contribution on MySQL 5. I have narrowed it down to includes/modules/new_products.php around line 18.

"with MySQL 5.0 the processing of sql join queries was changed to follow the standards more strictly. As a result, queries that ran fine before MySQL 5.0.12 now give this 1054 - Unknown column 'xxx' in 'on clause'.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/join.html

Read the section which begins, "Before MySQL 5.0.12, the comma operator (,) and JOIN both had the same precedence"

Solution:

Standard oscommerce files affected have been updated in the nov 2005 update package, if you haven't installed this yet, you should do that first.

But, contributions that you have installed might be suffering from this new strictness as well.

Whenever you get this error, you need to dive into the code and make these changes." ~http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=208286

However, I have yet to figure out what to replace the code with. I am looking through this thread hoping someone has posted the correction, but there is a lot to wade through and the search function on this forum never works for me. I will post when I find the solution. Please do the the same! :)

There was a post for similar errors and a fix, but the new_products error is not included in the fix.