• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

okay going nuts here.

got the stuff up and running,

strange thing is that even doh it looks like my cofiguration looks okay i still dont get wishlist config and i dont get my modules.

so now im stuck. cant configer my shipping , payment modules, wishlist modules.

i think i made a very small mistake somewhere but i cant find it.

any idears ?

thanks,

did You map each store to different config table.

Satish

yes.

config

config1

config2

config3

/admin/includes/config.php

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.***.**'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

// define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.***.**');

// define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');

// define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module

// define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/httpd/vhosts/***.**/httpdocs/'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/httpd/vhosts/***.**/httpdocs/admin/'); // absolute pate required

// define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required

// define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/httpd/vhosts/***.**/httpdocs/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

// define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

// define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

// define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

// define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

// define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

/includes/config.php

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.****.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.***.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/httpd/vhosts/***.com/httpdocs/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

*** = ofcourse the domainname.

i checked config and config 3 and they are the same.

the modules and stuff that i miss i do have in config but not in config3.

thanks for your help

Does anyone know of any script where you can edit the style sheet while in admin.

one where you have a colorpicker and you select a color and it automatically updates the catalogs stylesheet.css

(i need it for someone else i am making a store for, where he needs to easily change colors.)

i already know about the CSS Editor contribution, but in that you have to edit the file, and if someone doesn't understand css that doesn't help.

any clues?

Does anyone know of any script where you can edit the style sheet while in admin.

one where you have a colorpicker and you select a color and it automatically updates the catalogs stylesheet.css

(i need it for someone else i am making a store for, where he needs to easily change colors.)

i already know about the CSS Editor contribution, but in that you have to edit the file, and if someone doesn't understand css that doesn't help.

any clues?

1. this posting is in the wrong thread.

2. not possible. there are several jpegs used in the basic front end. so changing css on the fly would not change the pics.

what you need is something else.

1. this posting is in the wrong thread.

2. not possible. there are several jpegs used in the basic front end. so changing css on the fly would not change the pics.

what you need is something else.

1. No it isnt, i am asking about it for my Multi-Stores Multiple Shop.

2. I dont know what you are talking about with jpegs.

i simple want a script where you can edit the stores "colors" from the admin.

Hoping to get some help with this contribution.

I have osCommerce installed on my local machine. It is osCv2.2RC1. It is all running well. I went through the installation instructions for this contribution.

1. used PHPmyAdmin to run the upgrade.sql (Successful)

2. I updated all the files from the contribution to the local site files

I go to open the store and got the message that the php register_globals is set to off (This was going to the catalog as well as trying to open the admin side)

I modify the php.ini file to enable register_globals to ON

I try to open the catalog and get a blank page.

I try to open the admin side and also get a blank page.

What could be causing this???

I can't do step #3 of the installation, because you must login to the admin.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Mike

Does anyone know how to edit the functions/administrators.php file so that if they user can use modules.php, they can use certain configuration ids.

I want them to be able to edit configuration.php?gID=17

but i can get the gID=17 to work with the arrays.

Does anyone actually support this contribution???

-Mike

running into a problem.

i want to integrate osc affiliate ut i cant cause the admin part of the integration file is so diffferent that i don know where to past the code.

when i experiment the admin part gets fuked.

can anybody help me on this ?

the catalog part looks fine.

if it costs a couple of bucks thats fine. its the last integration step of my multi store.

How do You plan to have the affiliate functionality on Your MS.

Will this affiliate be different on different stores or same.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Does anyone know of, or have an interest in making an addon where the colors of each store can be chosen from from the admin panel. cause i am going to have multiple stores on my website, from which other people control and i want them to be able to choose the colors of there store through the admin.

please help.

if i get one to work i will pay whoever made it.

:thumbsup:

Edited by jalman1

HELP!!! I have los online store

i get "

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: bts_select() in /home/eoghan/public_html/store/includes/boxes/search.php on line 51"

I followed the instructions down to the last .

>_<

Please Help

>_< :huh:

Hiya All,

Gees who new that ru online bizz would be hard challenging but very rewarding?

anyhow,,, i love this ones idea/concept.. but just a few quests if i may?

1. My old OSC had 8 Categories but really only wanted 8 stores so this is good.. but... i am a little confused... do i need to reinstall OSC in different directories for each store?

2. If not what do i do please?

3. I love your work guys...

:blush: :angry: ;) :blink: :blink: :huh: :huh:

Ok... ok so i skipped a few lines in the installiion advice... all fixed..... well so i thought... none of my stores have a payment or shipping modules... arghhhhhhhhhhh please please please help me!

This contribution does NOT have official support, because the author of this contribution is busy with things that are much more important than any shopping cart software. Please visit his profile to see more details, and give Ryan your support in these very hard times for him.

This means that we, the users of this wonderfull contribution, will have to try supporting each other to keep this thread alive. Unfortunately we don't have all answers to all questions, so if we encounter a question which we know the answer to: SHARE IT!

This said, I must admit I don't have any answers to the questions raised above, but I have a question myself. I wonder why Multi-Stores does not allow my customers to set quantity in the catalog shopping cart to zero, which is possible in a clean OsCommerce install. How can I change this back to its original functionality???

My goal is to use this feature (set cart quantity to 0) in combination with another contribution, "Delete cart item when quantity set to 0" (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3111), so that my customers have two different ways to take a product off their cart.

Keep up the open source spirit: help each other out wherever you can!

Mikee

Hiya All,

Gees who new that ru online bizz would be hard challenging but very rewarding?

anyhow,,, i love this ones idea/concept.. but just a few quests if i may?

1. My old OSC had 8 Categories but really only wanted 8 stores so this is good.. but... i am a little confused... do i need to reinstall OSC in different directories for each store?

2. If not what do i do please?

3. I love your work guys...

:blush: :angry: ;) :blink: :blink: :huh: :huh:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=286370

Is it possible for "1 oscommerce file, 1 database, multi store, multi admin, multi url" which have it own admin which admin can control only his/her store.

oscmulticu5.gif

this way is easy to upgrade if there're many stores, please suggest some post for this solution.

Edited by umpol

This is a horrible contribution. The install directions are very vague and leave a lot of unanswered questions. Why would you spend so much time making such a script only to not offer support.

Edited by Nos10181

Is it possible for "1 oscommerce file, 1 database, multi store, multi admin, multi url" which have it own admin which admin can control only his/her store.

oscmulticu5.gif

this way is easy to upgrade if there're many stores, please suggest some post for this solution.

I know that this is possible using another osCommerce contribution (or fork) that provides multi-stores functionality. I'm afraid I don't know exactly which one that would be. I have seen a live multishop on the Internet that used a 'shop_id' in the url, so that all shops could be accessed using one set of php files (sorry, forgot which). This multishop did use a different stylesheet for every shop, yet all shops were accessed in the same folder. I have been wondering too which contribution or fork it is that makes this possible.

The advantage of the multi-stores approach (using one set of php files per shop) is that the shops are a lot more customizable (all language files can be different for each shop, for example). The disadvantage is obviously that a multi-stores site with many shops takes more disk space on the server. Another disadvantage is that updating the .php files takes a little more copy/pasting.

If someone happens to know which contribution or fork it is that makes it possible to access all shops using the same set of php files, I would also like to know.

kind regards, Mikee

This is a horrible contribution. The install directions are very vague and leave a lot of unanswered questions. Why would you spend so much time making such a script only to not offer support.

if you had taken the effort to find out why the author unfortunately is not in the position to support this contribution, you would probably not make such nasty remarks. About the install instructions, to me they were pretty clear. If you have a question about the install instructions, why not search the forum, where you will find many answers to questions asked before, or post a question in case you still cannot find the answer? If find it very unrespectful toward the author of this wonderful contribution to post a remark like this. Have you ever shared your work with others to use for free?

So does the whole install have to be within www.mysite.com/catalog/ or can it just be in www.mysite.com/

Like any osCommerce installation, you can decide yourself to put the store in a folder under root, or in the root folder itself. The first would generate www.mysite.com/catalog/, in case you call this folder 'catalog'.

This question makes clear that you don't have any experience in setting up osCommerce, and yet you have the guts to call this wonderful contribution 'horrible'. Shame on you.

Thanks Mike,

Another disadvantage is that updating the .php files takes a little more copy/pasting.

I think this is a big problem if there're 100+ store and ALL needed to upgrade or mod, but multi shop which share everything like my post it's also has it own problem that if there're many shops in the same DB it's very slow.

Now I start create an automatic script to upgrade many shops the mothod like joomla installer tool, but by this method needed each admin store to click upgrading link then script will automatically copy new files and execute sql command.

I'm not test this script on any live stores but on localhost it's well done.

PS. My topic which discuss about upgrading many store is Here

Edited by umpol

I'm considering implementing this contribution, does anyone know the maximum number of stores running before degradation or errors start to show? I plan on implementing near to 100 stores but I would like some feedback on this contribution. Thans.